Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default PLEASE help me :( I do not know what else to do...

My name is April, I am a 23 year old stay at home mom. My friend Melissa referred me here and she just started the Phentermine. Well, where do I start? I am about 5' 8''. I have weighed 155ish lbs my entire adult life and been perfectly happy. I do not like "skinny" girls and always thought I was perfect. I always had a tiny tummy and I liked it

Here is what I looked like when I thought I was beautiful

I was 155 here and in all of these photos

So I got pregnant January 2007. I had my daughter 6 weeks early on September 18, 2007, I gained 6lbs my entire pregnancy, this is me 8 months pregnant

The day after my daughter's birth, I weighed 162. Fast forward 2 months to my post partum visit, I was at 151.

I checked my doctor's records today when I went and they said the last time I was there was in March 2008, I weighed 158, I found out I weighed over 200lbs in October, so within 7 months, I gained almost 65lbs.

Today I went in and they took 6 tubes of blood, they are testing my thyroid and for type 2 diabetes, it doesn't run in my family but I had gestational diabetes and I hear the risk is higher of developing type 2 diabetes after I've had that.

So after I rule these out, I would like to start with Phentermine. Problem is, I am a stay at home mom, I do not have insurance, and I paid to go to the doctor and have this testing done today and the lady looked at me, and said with a nasty tone, we do not prescribe "weight loss" medication here .

So the only option I have is to pay to go to a different doctor, or buy it online, I found one at a very fair price, but I looked at it today and it was spelled differently, so I am assuming its a knock off or something, here is the link

http://www.labq2.com/labq2/phentirim...FQFqxwodR3SpFg

I am a little heavier than this now

You can see the difference and this was about 40lbs lighter than I am now.

Now here is my major problem, I AM able to work out, and eat whatever needed, I do not think the problem is WHAT I eat, its WHEN I eat. My husband gets home from work around 1am and we usually eat then because we are both on that crappy schedule. I can change that though and plan on it!!

I am unable to do the awesome classes that they prove at my Gold's Gym due to osteoarthritis and possibly a torn meniscus. I've ruined my body so young.

I plan on walking a few miles daily with my friend Melissa and I will probably go alone a few miles in the morning also. I just need SOMETHING to help get me started, I have never been a sad person, however at the appointment today they did a depression screening and said I am depressed.

Do you have any places online that you know are safe to buy this from that you've used? Or know how much the prescription is offhand without insurance? I also would need to find a doctor that would prescribe it if I am going that route. Thanks in advance

April

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

You can't buy it online, and if you can - you don't want to. Maybe you could look in your phonebook under "weight loss clinics". If you want, call them and ask if they use phentermine...? I actually see my ob/gyn for my meds. I see him monthly and get the script from him. I pay $35/month for the visit and the phen, I get from a local pharmacy for about $12. So, my total cost is $47 monthly. I know that you'll pay more at a weight loss clinic. You decide if it's worth the cost.

Rest assured, many people have lost weight without the aid of phentermine.

Failure isn't falling down, Failure is refusing to get back up.

Photos
    View albums

Default Hi April

Welcome April, You cant buy Phen online. What about going to the same Dr as your friend to get the meds? I am sure if you call around or post here where you live and see if someone does not live in that area can't help.
    Good Luck,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Photos
    View albums

Welcome to the forum

I understand you
    After my first child I packed on weight
    xoxo
    Brightest Blessings,
    Kara

"Just because you are blind, and unable to see my beauty doesn't mean it does not exist." -Margaret Cho

October 2008 = 193 Started Gym
    March 9 = 193 Started Phen
    March 20 = 180
    April 3 = 179 and -13.5 inches
    April 17 = 175
    April 24 = -20inches
    Sick and off Phen for 2 weeks with no exercise Maintained Weight!
    May 16 = 170
    May 27 = 162
    June 19 = 155 and -34.5inches

Photos
    View albums

Welcom girl and first off I just wanted to say if you had it before you can have it again (even if you never had it you still can ) Anyway - many go to weight loss clinics, but I have read they can be pretty pricey. I go to a doctor and all it costs is my $20 co-pay and then the cost of phen ($30 ish a month). First check with your own Dr. - if he/she is on board then your problem is taken care of. If not check with your friends Dr., otherwise just call around to dr. that take your insurance (if you have insurance) until you find one that will prescribe.

Good luck to you and stay connected here - you will get the support you need!

"No matter how you think you look, there is somebody who would love to look like you. No matter how old you are, there is someone older who would love to be as young as you. Love yourself and love your life; it is the only one you have!" - Joyce Meyer

Misty W.

Photos
    View albums

Smile

Hi April!
    I am new here and wanted to just say to keep your chin up. I have hypothyroidism and have had it for 6 years. It does cause depression, anxiety , nervousness ( I had a nervous break down) and weight gain! I weighed 195 pounds 2 years ago. I always have to watch what I eat....and between the depression from my weight I just have wanted to give up. But, don't give up! We can never give up!!
    Phen makes the hunger go away. I know there are actual clinics that do weight management costing around 100 a month. Costly but it does work.

Hopefully some people who buy off line will respond. I would be interested to hear about buying online.
    I have been overweight all of my life. The more I live life, the more I see my weight has not one damn thing to with who I am!!

SW - 330pds
    CW- 326
    1st goal 280

Phentermine works I lost 60pds using it before.

Photos
    View albums

First off Welcome. I know how it is to have a baby, not gain much during the pregnancy then all of a sudden you find yourself overweight. Understand that with hard work, you will lose. I was getting my pills from a weight loss clinic in my area. I was paying $100 once a month and an extra $20 every two weeks for a B12 shot. If you can't afford Phentermine right now, know that you CAN lose weight on your own. Eating right and exercise are the only proven things to help you lose weight and keep it off. Start by changing when and the way you eat and I am sure you will start losing.If you eat things that are good for you and give up certain things,it will be much easier to lose. Exercising is very important too. Im sure you can find exercises that are comfortable for you to do. You can start slow and ease your way into it. Water is a huge part of losing too. You have to flush all the bad toxins out of your body. I would start by calling different doctors once you find out if you have a clean bill of health. I also have a thyroid disease that I take meds for and even though it seems harder to lose weight, it can be done. You will find lots and lots of infor on these forum. Lots of people can help you based on their experiences too. If you are willing to put in the work, you can do this. You sound like you are ready to make the change. You can't buy online either so I don't recommend even wasting your money. Go to a doctor if you are able to and then go from there. In the meantime, focuse on eating right and staying active. Good luck to you!

"Today happened the way it did, so that tomorrow could happen the way it should"[/B]

1st WI 2/2/09-190
    2nd WI 2/18/09-177
    WI at home 2/22/08-175
    3rd WI 3/2/09-172
    WI at gym 3/16/09-169
    WI at gym 3/26/09-165
    WI at gym 4/9/09-163 No longer taking Phen
    WI at gym 4/20/09-159.5
    WI 5/9/09-155

10 more lbs to goal!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Wow! Thanks for the quick replies, you guys are really welcoming .

My doctor is against it, and says that anyone in that clinic is also and they will not prescribe it .

My friend's doctor charges $300 for the initial consult and $125 for each visit after that plus the price of the prescription, I do not want to pay that much so I figured I would try my doc first, and I sure had no luck there lol.

I can try with the Ob/Gyn which is in the same building. I need a pap smear anyways its been too long

And if that doesn't work, I can try some other places. Thanks and I will definitely keep replying and also updating you guys!!!!!

The only thing that I know I will be able to do is, walk walk walk! Other than that I cannot bend and unbend my leg or it KILLS me. If the xrays I had done today come back 100% that I tore it, its rather fork out $4,000+ for the surgery plus $1,800 for an MRI, or suffer. I am not sure what I will do

Photos
    View albums

Another thought besides the Thyroid is Hormones. I think often weight is more associated with Thyroid than hormones, but trust me a nice hormone imbalance does wonders for helping you pack on the pounds.

Regardless of what's wrong I hope you find the right path to changing things, it already sounds like you are in the right frame of mind.
    I do not condone the use of any online websites to purchase Phentermine without a prescription. As far as I know this is illegal. I obtain mine only through my doctor.

Started Phen: ~320 Nov 2008
    Current Weight: 235

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

So, I just called Meliss's doctor, they are a weight clinic. They said its rather $175 per month which includes the "scale" which I am not too worried about and scripts. OR I could do $275 which would include 3 months of her writing refills for me and also the scale which monitors fat and such....So basically 3 months worth of her writing me prescriptions for $275. I might try the gynocolegist first because it only costs me $10 per visit

Do you guys think thats an extremely expensive price?

Silver Phenster haydensmomma7407's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Let's start WALKING!!!!!! Love ya girl!
    Day One: 4-9-09-174lbs--home scale
    4-20-09-164.5lbs--home scale

Photos
    View albums

One of my friends was prescribed phen from the health department. I'm sure you could go there and talk to them. As far has having trouble losing weight, I've worked hard my whole life to lose and have never had any success at it. Even after starting phen I was still having trouble, but they found out my thyroid is slow, once I started taking care of that losing was much much easier. I would suggest waiting to see what the underlying problem is before doing anything else. Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

I think it depends on where you live really. I live in AZ and the cost ranges from $80 per month and up depending on the doc and type of weight loss clinic. Some doctors do B12 shots as well and other things. I would kind of shop around and see what each clinic provides for the price.

"Today happened the way it did, so that tomorrow could happen the way it should"[/B]

1st WI 2/2/09-190
    2nd WI 2/18/09-177
    WI at home 2/22/08-175
    3rd WI 3/2/09-172
    WI at gym 3/16/09-169
    WI at gym 3/26/09-165
    WI at gym 4/9/09-163 No longer taking Phen
    WI at gym 4/20/09-159.5
    WI 5/9/09-155

10 more lbs to goal!

Bronze Phenster
    Moorhead, MN -across the river from Fargo, ND
    Photos
    View albums

I understand how frustrated you must be. I saw a doctor three years ago who prescribed one month for me, then he moved away. I found another last year who prescribed one month, she then had some sort of mental breakdown and tryed to kill herself and her children...needless to say, she doesn't practice anymore. I searched and searched and went to the two major medical centers here and kept seeing different doctors to see who would prescribe (FYI when you call around to medical centers, the receptionist has no idea if the docs belive in phen or not). I saw about 8 different docs and NONE of them would give me a script. Then, unfortunately I decided to inquire about the lap band -I never thought I would be so desperate to want to have bariatric surgery, my sis had gastric bypass ten years ago when it was really invasive and she went through hell for years because of it. Well, my insurance turned me down for it anyways, becuase supposedly I was not overweight enough to have it done????? Anyway, I decided to try one more doc as I needed a physical anyways so I went to a nother guy in February and when I asked him he told me ther was only one doctor in the whole area (200,000 or so people) who would prescribe it!!! He told me to go and check out this weight loss clinic in town. So I did. Yeah...expensive, and my insurance wont even touch any of those charges. I have to see the doc once per month at 100 per visit. I also have to see a nutritionist once per month at 25 per visit, plus this medifast food I am supposed to be eating (wish me luck on monday that I dont get cut off phen when I tell her i am not eating the gross food). I did manage to find a pharmacy that is only charging 20 per script of pills though -when I started last month i payed almost 50! Anyway, my point is just keep looking. Do internet serches in your town of what doctors people see. If you are near a big city, your best bet is to go there and find a doc, you are more likely to have better luck. GOOD LUCK and dont give up. you can do this, I know you can.

Platinum Phenster texasbeauty1982's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Where are you from? There are 2 cheap docs in my area that are big on weight loss...One is my personal doctor and she charges $50/mo + $27 for the phen...its not a bad price but the other doc is cheaper here, I just dont know him and since my own personal doc whom I am comfortable with, will give me phen, I just stay with her..The other doc costs $35/mo + the phen...Im sure u could find it cheaper somewhere...just keep looking...good luck!
    HW:249.6LBS 12/30/09
    SW:249.6
    CW:201.4 06/26/10 -48.2lbs!!! MINOR SETBACK!

30 Day Shred Challenge: 06/21/10-07/20/10
    SW: 210.6 06/21/10
    CW: 201.4 06/26/10
    Lbs LOST: 9.2
    DAYS MISSED OF SHRED: 0

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSU49JR/]

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

There are NONE around here, maybe in DC, but with gas prices Id be better off not driving the 2 hours there ya know? We are in Martinsburg, Wv

Photos
    View albums

Firstly-- OMG!!! I had no idea I was paying so much for my Phen- I pay $48/mo. for (30) 15 mg. pills.
    I've seen the stuff advertised online- and yes, it's fake. The link says 'phentermine, you click and they offer you 'phentramine' or such. There are a lot of companys doing this, and personaly I think it's sad. Don't waste your money. If you want an herbal alternative, try a tried and true brand like trimspa or biolean.
    Secondly-- be patient w/ your Dr. Phen is addictive, potentially harmful, everyone wants to lose weight and there isn't the same social stigma as there may be with pain pills.... so, Dr.s would rather not put their necks out. Ya know?
    I had to start losing weight on my own before my Dr. recommended biolean II, because I couldn't afford it, he put me on Phen- for a short time, on a monthly basis.
    Phen is actually only supposed to be given for a few weeks.

250 lbs. by Sept. '09
    170 lbs. by Sept. '10

02/16/09 332 'rock bottom'
    03/20/09 327 Started Phen
    03/27/09 315
    04/11/09 308
    04/21/09 306
    05/30/09 285
    06/30/09 273
    07/18/09 268...64lbs. GONE!!!

Photos
    View albums

Dont get the stuff over the internet. Im pretty sure it is illegal. Try and find a weight loss clinic or something similar that might not cost as much!! Good luck!!

Photos
    View albums

Have you tried calling a doctor that specializes in internal medicine. I am also in WV, right outside of morgantown actually and I see a doctor that specializes in Internal medicine. My prescription is $11 for 30 tablets of 37.5mg...I am not sure what it cost without insurance, but I pay a copay of $10 when I go...Good luck to you..Amanda
    Start 1/1/11
    SW-275lbs
    CW-268lbs
    GW- 160 lbs (hopefully)
    Wt loss to date: -7lbs

West Virginia- Originally Southern Indiana
    Photos
    View albums

Hey April, my name is Heather and I live in Princeton, WV. (at the bottom of the state, exit 9) anyway, I don't have insurance either and had a hard time finding anyone who would prescribe as well. I am currently going to the weight loss clinic in Beckley. (Medical Weightloss 304-252-4154) but I think they may have a location around Charleston. I'm not exactly sure where your town is located since I'm not originally from here but I wanted to let you know this. The first visit was a little pricey but it also included all of my lab work, a months supply of injections(only if you want them), and the script (they fill it there) for around $135. But otherwise my monthly fee would be $60 total for the visit, check, and refill. I have to drive an hour to get there but it's worth it. I've taken a lazy approach for a bit or my numbers would be much better. Everyone is correct...the pill is just a tool and you have to do your part for results so if you can't find phen right now but you have the drive and determination....YOU WILL SUCCEED! Good Luck!
    200.0 SW 9/8/08
    145.0 GOAL BABY!!!

9/09 154 lbs yeah!!!
    12/27/09 173 lbs BOOO!

4/2010 200+
    5/3/10 194 *sigh*

West Virginia- Originally Southern Indiana
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, WOW....I just realized where you are in the state....Charleston would still be way to far...sorry
    200.0 SW 9/8/08
    145.0 GOAL BABY!!!

9/09 154 lbs yeah!!!
    12/27/09 173 lbs BOOO!

4/2010 200+
    5/3/10 194 *sigh*

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I also see an internal medicine doc for weight loss management. Perhaps, you could them a try. Good luck.

Photos
    View albums

I have hypothyroism. It does cause weight gain and makes it almost impossible to lose until you get your levels back to normal. I'm having that issue right now. For you to have gained so quickly, I bet that is your problem. Especially if your eating patterns haven't changed. At least you'll have some answers in a few days.
    I get my phen from a weight loss clinic. It costs $59.00 a month and they include a months supply of 37.5 phentermine. It may be worth checking around even if you have to drive a couple hours to get them. Good luck and let us know what you find out!!!

Photos
    View albums

I live in the middle TN area. I went to the Local weight loss clinic. It cost me $150 for the visit, 2 bottles of 30mg phen, a bottle of chromium picolinate, and "free" weekly B-12 shots. They also told me they sell the pills in office for $25 per bottle. They did not even ask for my insurance information. I called on Friday and got an appointment the next Tuesday.
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 202lbs-4/21/09-Started phen
    Current weight: 192lbs
    Current weight loss: 10lbs
    Goal weight: 140lbs

You can't be happy with someone else, until you're happy with yourself!!

Photos
    View albums

Where did you go to Nikkilou78? Doctors diet program?

Photos
    View albums

Dr Huffnagle, in D-ickson. He's a bit goofy, but very nice. I don't know if he is connected to Doctors diet program though. But we also have one of those. I found him through friends that he has helped.
    Last edited by nikkilou78; April 24th, 2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: They deleted a word AGAIN!!!

Photos
    View albums

I went to the doctors diet program. 59 inital visit, 37.5 phen for 30 days and vitamins. I cant go back though, my bmi is too low to get them. makes me mad. lol

Photos
    View albums

I am too tired to do the math, but I think with all the shots ,vitamins, pills and stuff. I should come out about the same. I would be Exstatic to be your size. The last time I weighed that much I was in the 6th grade.
    Last edited by nikkilou78; April 24th, 2009 at 01:11 AM.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Well, just got my results back, my knee is cracked somehow, don't know wtf I did but they want a MRI done and I told them I cannot afford it so I am going to suffer.

I do not have a thyroid problem.

My "bad" fat is a little high, my "good" fat is a little low

My cholesterol is fine

I do not have diabetes

So I am good to go for meds, now, just finding a doctor

Photos
    View albums

APRIL I LIVE IN HARRISONBURG VA AND I DONT THINK WE ARE JUST AN HOUR AWAY, BUT THERE IS A GYNECOLOGIST HERE THAT PRESCRIBES THEM. THE OFFICE IS L'LDEE AND HIS NAME IS DR CAMPER THE NUMBER IS 540-437-1296.
    I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

It would probably cost me alot since I do not have insurance . Where I go now since I have no income I only pay 10% of my bill which always ends up being $10

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It was 130 dollars I think for my first visit and 30 dollars for each visit after that. The first visit will be cheaper if you have recent bloodwork done that your normal doctor can fax to them. A lot of that was for labs. Also, at pscard.com you can fill out a prescription card and print it. You ask the weight loss clinic to write your prescription instead of buying it from them. At the clinic I go to I think it is 45 dollars for a 30 day supply. With the card I got a 30 day supply at Bi-Lo for $15.15. At least at the pharmacy you know you are getting the real thing and with the doctor visits you can moniter your progress and health.