Close
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Default New meal plan...suggestions?

So for the past two weeks I have been eating Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meals for lunch, they weren't too bad and had only about 300 calories each but I realized how many freaking calories they had so I have decided to go low carb, low calorie and try to eat more protein.

I eat breakfast and lunch at work so here is what I have for the week:

Breakfast:
    Yoplait Yogurt Light (100 calories, 16g of carbs)...I may eat one or two of these, I'm not much of a breakfast eater. May end up picking up some cottage cheese.

Snack:
    2 String cheese (100 calories, 2g carbs)
    Sweat Peas (60 calories, 8g of carbs)

Lunch:
    Tuna & pickle sandwich on wheat bread no mayo (approx. 225 calories, 27 carbs)
    or Canned chicken & pickle sandwich on wheat no mayo (approx. 245 calories, 27 carbs)

Snack (if hungry):
    1 string cheese (50 calories, 1g of carbs)

Still unsure what to do for dinner, if I follow this meal plan or close to it then I am eating about 650 calories before dinner and 54g of carbs. The Lean Cuisine on its own had 40g of carbs so I am cutting out quite a few.

Any suggestions? I like to snack during the day to keep myself from being hungry, even if they are small snacks. I am also trying to choose foods high in protein like tuna and chicken and it leaves me more room for dinner when I eat with my boyfriend.
    Phen Round 2

05/04/2012 - 239 (Dr's Scale)
    05/05/2012 - 238 (My Scale)
    05/07/2012 Started Phentermine 37.5 (Only taking half a day) & Prozac
    Chest: 45" | Waist: 40"
    Hips: 52" | Arms: 19"
    Thighs: 31" | Pant Size: 16
    05/09/2012 - 231

*Mini Goals*
    06/15/2012 - 215
    09/15/2012 - 180
    12/15/2012 - 150

*Supplement information moved to blog post.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

You could try the miniature rice cakes or soy crisps. The rice cakes come in 90 cal packs but you don't have to eat the whole thing at one time. There are different flavors if you prefer sweet or salty.

I am pretty sure they are lower carb that other similar snacks.
    I would advise you to be careful with 2-3 string cheese's a day. Most of us on phen have constipation issues and that much cheese may cause you trouble.

On a positive note, I have recently been introduced to a product called New Whey, its a 3oz "shot" of flavored liquid whey and each bottle has 42g of protein! They are not cheap, ranging between $2-3 each unless you buy them by the case. They are made by IDS and you can find them online and at GNC.

Good luck!!
    I am so tired of feeling blah!!!!

SW: 207
    CW:187

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Yeah I'm definitely experiencing the Phen-constipation, and the Metamucil Berry Burst I bought tastes absolutely horribe -- I may start trying to do smoothies in the morning for breakfast just so I can mix this with something other than water or yogurt.

How many carbs should you eat in a day? I read that 250 for a 2,000 calorie diet is normal but for someone doing 1200 calories a day and trying to lose weight should I keep it at 100 or less?
    Phen Round 2

05/09/2012 - 231

*Mini Goals*
    06/15/2012 - 215
    09/15/2012 - 180
    12/15/2012 - 150

Photos
    View albums

I have to be honest and say I don't count my carbs as religiously as I count my calories. However, I was on Atkins for 18 months and had good success with that. The problem is its not a very sustainable diet.

I would say 100 carbs a day would probably be good.
    On Atkins the first 2 weeks was no more than 20!!!

Watch out for those hidden carbs!! They love to sneak up on you
    I am so tired of feeling blah!!!!

SW: 207
    CW:187

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

They already are, I've become a calorie snob...very obsessed with it and trying to make sure I stay between 1200-1300. Looking at those Lean Cuisines really opened my eyes, they were definitely the stereotyped process foods with a ton of sodium and carbs and not good things.
    Phen Round 2

05/09/2012 - 231

*Mini Goals*
    06/15/2012 - 215
    09/15/2012 - 180
    12/15/2012 - 150

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Good for you for trying to get away from the lean cuisines! My doctor pretty much told me no processed foods. Not to mention the lean cuisine/frozen dinners sodium content is through the roof! which makes you retain water. I eat lower carb and low calorie. In the morning i always have a yogurt and a cheese stick. I prefer Dannon light and fit. Its the same amount of yogurt for 80 calories instead of 100 and i prefer the taste. For lunch i usually bring vegetable soup (have to watch some of them though again the sodium content) frozen precooked chicken breasts, green giant veggies (a whole package for 100 calories!) salads, or just plain lunchmeat. I usually eat these things for dinner too. For snacks i usually just have fruit, almonds, sugar free jello, cheese sticks, or if im feeling really wild i will have a 100 cal bag of popcorn
    ~* Allie

Started Phen 2/7/09 ~ 177
    3/7/09 ~ 167

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, the numbers were astounding so I'm not surprised I haven't lost more weight now that I see the numbers. I have a new case of the Yoplait but I will definitely look into the Dannon ones for the lesser calories, most yogurt tastes the same to me so that's not a concern.
    Phen Round 2

05/09/2012 - 231

*Mini Goals*
    06/15/2012 - 215
    09/15/2012 - 180
    12/15/2012 - 150

Photos
    View albums

Have you tried Greek Yogurt? It's low in fat, calories and carbs yet is packed with protein!

FAGE makes a good 0% but I prefer the Trader Joe's brand.

Serving Size: 1 six ounce container
    Calories = 90
    Fat = 0
    Carbs = 6.8
    Protein = 15

SOOOO GOOD!
    FIRST GOAL:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyJszDe/]

Getting old aint for sissies! - Bette Davis

I need to go on two diets, there's not enough food on just one

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

My boyfriend loves the FAGE brand but I really couldn't handle the taste or texture, but he loves it. If I mixed it in smoothies like he does it would be better I think.
    Phen Round 2

05/09/2012 - 231

*Mini Goals*
    06/15/2012 - 215
    09/15/2012 - 180
    12/15/2012 - 150

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default HELP ME!!! (SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS - NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING!)

i just started phentermine last week monday i want to start eating better and excersizing for the first week i just kind of took the pill and didnt cahnge anything -- and i noticed i am less hungry most of the day, but i still manage to eat a decent breakfast, lunch, and solid dinner with no problem.. its mostly removed the snacking and the constant thoguhts of hunger in my mind.. and has me drinking a heck of a lot more water.. but this week now that i see whats going on with the pill i really want to kick the eating and getting to the gym into gear...

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO EAT/NOT EAT.. WHAT KIND OF EXCERSIZE?

Im the type of person that likes to see what works for others and adapt that to my needs.. SO PLEASE DO SEND ALONG WHATS WORKED FOR YOU SO I CAN GIVE IT A SHOT..

I use online tools to calculate the calories in what i eat everyday-- but honestly alot of those are preset to not go lower than like 1800 calories a day, and while im not trying to stavre i know that in order to kick this weightloss into gear at my weight ive got to eat less...

anyone reccomend any good online calorie counter tools that allow you to actually set 1200 as your range or calculate in a simple way ???

thanks all!!!

Photos
    View albums

My dinners usually consists of either broiled or grilled chicken or fish, and tons of vegetables such as brocolli, asparagus, squash, or peppers. Stir fries are pretty low calorie if you use cooking spray and go easy on the sauce. For snacks I usually stick to rice cakes, popcorn, or cut up fruits and vegetables.
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

"Laughter -- nature's morphine since the beginning of time."

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I would definitely be careful with so much cheese especially because you dont have much fiber in your diet. I would say more than anything you need to add some whole fruits and veggies in there. Here's my basic plan:

Breakfast: 8oz white grapefruit juice with 2-3 scoops Benefiber (and a packet or two of Truvia if its tasting a little too bitter for me that day), 2 pieces of bacon, and two scrambled eggs (or 1/2 cup of EggBeaters)

AM Snack(not often hungry but if I am): cup of homemade soup

Lunch: Turkey or Ham, reduced fat cheese, cucumbers, and orange peppers with a little Miracle Whip Light or Light Ranch dressing...all in a low carb wrap, with 1 cup of berries.

Dinner: Turkey burger on WW bun with sweet potato fries OR 2-3 grilled chicken tenders with 1/2 bag of steamfresh veggies OR grilled salmon with veggies OR WW pasta with marinara sauce and parm cheese. But I have another 8oz of grapefruit with Benefiber before the end of the night too.

Snacks: boiled egg whites, 100 cal WW bagel with PB, half an avocado with a little salt, Crstal Light popsicles, microwave popcorn (I only have one maybe two snacks a day)

Photos
    View albums

One of my fav low carb meals is a hamburger patty (just the meat, no pun) with ketchup. I just love it, lol. Others will top with their fav veggies. I don't like veggies that much. I will eat this with a side of green beans for lunch or dinner.

Don't forget hard boiled eggs...they make a good snack!

Also, if you want something salty, try Pirates Booty. It's so good! Low sugar/carb content. They now sell proportioned bags. This is a great snack.
    **Jessica**

[B]
    STARTING OVER AFTER 2 YEARS

SW: 6/23 - 225
    6/30 - 215

7/28 - 208

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."

Photos
    View albums

Maybe I'm an anomoly, I don't really have or follow a specific calorie and carb plan --- my doc told me not to count calories. He told me to be sure that my meals consist moslty of lean proteins; like egg whites in the AM with some green veggies, low fat cheese and maybe some kind of meat and a piece of whole wheat toast. For lunch 60% protein, 30% veggies, 10% carb - same for dinner. And to snack on fruit or a fiber bar, boiled eggs, string cheese.

So far this is working for me and I'm not hungry really except around 2pm or so - my stomach actually growls. The rest of the time I have to remind myself to eat and when I do, I never finish my meal.

SW 7/13/10 - 190 lbs
    12/20/10 - 155 lbs -- holidaze are killing me
    1/26/11 - 152 lbs -- plateaus STINK

ugh - slowly but surely!

6-ish months in:

Well, when u put it like this.... I suppose I see a difference!