Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default Does Phentermine actually burn the fat?

Does Phentermine burn the fat or just suppress appetite? I dont get how I lost 6 lbs by eating normal food and not working out. Makes absolutely no sense to me lol.

Can anyone explain?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by hVcGHOST View Post
    Does Phentermine burn the fat or just suppress appetite? I dont get how I lost 6 lbs by eating normal food and not working out. Makes absolutely no sense to me lol.

Can anyone explain?
    Glad you posted this. I haven't started working out yet either and today marks the end of week 1. I have lost about 6-8 lbs. 207 this morning, but it's not the doctors scale. I was going to post how much can truly be water weight, but I maybe someone else can answer.

Photos
    View albums

i have never herd that it burns fat it just suppress appetite maybe u ate less and didnt notice? and when u start taking this pill in the first week u will see some results like that but later u are going to have to work out and watch what u eat to be able to lose weight

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. -Unknown Author

Photos
    View albums

Nope.. doesnt burn fat, just supresses appetite...or so ive heard. But i tend to think that it gives your metabolism a lift too since obviously it has some stimulant qualities about it.

Photos
    View albums

The first few weeks we lose a lot of water weight from phen..so thats why some people stall on their weight loss in thier 3rd and fourth weeks..when we eat bad there tends to be a lot of sodium in our bodies and when we dont drink enough our bodies store water..you would be surprised how much water people lose in 2 weeks because phen makes you thirsty.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

Hola,

Phentermine is a stimulant (amphetamine) and is classed as an anorectics (appetite suppressant). It works in two ways, the latter of the two will decrease with extended use of phentermine.
    1. Primary benefit: It works within your central nervous system in the brain which suppresses your appetite.

2. Secondary benefit: It also releases epinephrine/adrenaline which is why some (not all) people feel like they have energy. The phen does not "burn fat", the epinephrine/adrenaline that is released triggers your body's fat cells to break down stored fat to use for energy. When stimulated the fat cell releases triaglycerol (the fat inside the fat cell) into the bloodstream as free fatty acids, and it is transported through the blood to the tissues where the energy is needed (e.g. muscles). You can expedite and enhance this process by working out and staying active.

3. Tertiary benefit: Depending on the dosage and your body's chemistry is can assist in elevating serotonin levels. To the contrary some people experience what phenster's call "phen rage". You may feel punchy, cranky, or snappy. But, if it surpasses that call your doctor immediately.

If and when you feel a decline in spurts of energy do not allow your first thought to be that the Phen is not working. It is better to understand how it is working. Because Phen's primary function is to suppress your appetite. And appetite suppression is not necessarily something you feel, it more something that an individual notices. The assistance it provides the body in breaking down stored fat for energy is value added bonus.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world."-Marianne Williamson

Veracruz, Mexico but was born in Dewitt Arkansas
    Photos
    View albums

in my first 6 months i lost 50 lbs and didnt do anything but watch how much i ate and didnt eat after 8 at night but i ate the same things and did not do any work out.,.. but now that i have started eating alittle more still not alot more i have not lost anything and have gained a pound or two.. i would tell anyone please plesa work out you will be sorry if you dont ... i have flab that im working on now ... i now work out have for two weeks now and i see a big diff. and i just wish i would have done it 7 months ago when i frist started i would be so diff lookin then now... hope this helps some...
    Without God, our week is: Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday, Shatterday and Sinday.
    ]http://s3

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by donnamex View Post
    in my first 6 months i lost 50 lbs and didnt do anything but watch how much i ate and didnt eat after 8 at night but i ate the same things and did not do any work out.,.. but now that i have started eating alittle more still not alot more i have not lost anything and have gained a pound or two.. i would tell anyone please plesa work out you will be sorry if you dont ... i have flab that im working on now ... i now work out have for two weeks now and i see a big diff. and i just wish i would have done it 7 months ago when i frist started i would be so diff lookin then now... hope this helps some...
    Thanks for all the advice.