Close
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up This made the Phen work better!!!!

I'm one of those that the phen has little effect on. Well, today when I got ready to take it, I took it with a cup of diet hot chocolate. (I usually take it with a glass of ice water)For some reason it seemed to make the phen work like it did when I first started taking it. I haven't been hungry all day and no desire to snack on stuff. I have no idea why this worked, but it did!!!!

(the diet hot chocolate was the Swiss Miss 25 calorie pack)

It was an unexpected boost!!!!! Has anyone else done anything that has made the phen work better??? I'm excited about this!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

tazgirl31

Quote Originally Posted by elemteach5 View Post
    I'm one of those that the phen has little effect on. Well, today when I got ready to take it, I took it with a cup of diet hot chocolate. (I usually take it with a glass of ice water)For some reason it seemed to make the phen work like it did when I first started taking it. I haven't been hungry all day and no desire to snack on stuff. I have no idea why this worked, but it did!!!!

(the diet hot chocolate was the Swiss Miss 25 calorie pack)

It was an unexpected boost!!!!! Has anyone else done anything that has made the phen work better??? I'm excited about this!!!!
    wow thats weird isnt it? that it made it work better!!!!! i love that swiss miss 25 calorie stuff lol......it tastes just as good as the regular stuff~!!!!! thats great it gave u a nice boost again!!!!!!!!!!! tAz

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by tazgirl31 View Post
    wow thats weird isnt it? that it made it work better!!!!! i love that swiss miss 25 calorie stuff lol......it tastes just as good as the regular stuff~!!!!! thats great it gave u a nice boost again!!!!!!!!!!! tAz
    Mine always worked better when I took it with hot coffee insted of water. I think the warm liquid dissolves some of it quicker ...........since they are time released they dissolve slowly.. but the warm liquid i think gives you a quick boost that sort of jump starts the phen....then the rest is sustained throughout the day like normal..MAYBE maybe not.....just my thoughts.
    ]before 220-225
    now 141
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Photos
    View albums

I have heard that most pills seem to almost double the effect if you take them with citris, like Orange Juice. Not sure if it's true or not, haven't tried it, but I know others who swear it's true.

My Perfect Baby

HT: 6'0"
    Pregnant right now...will be posting goals in December to lose the baby weight.
    Main goal: I wanna look good naked and of course have a healthy BMI. At 162 for my height my BMI would be the perfect 22

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'll try the hot chocolate ... if it doesn't work I'll try the orange juice. The Phen doesn't seem to work that well for me maybe that'll help.

Photos
    View albums

My doctor had told me that taking my iron with orange juice would make it absorb better. I've never tried it with phen. I'll try it and see!!!
    It makes sense that taking it with the hot chocolate would make it dissolve faster. Whatever it does--- I like that it made it work better for me!!! I actually feel more hopeful now about reaching my goal. I'm looking forward to weighing in the morning. I've done so much better today!!!!

I just love all the ideas you guys have on this board!!! Put us all together and we can solve any problem!!! LOL

Photos
    View albums

I have noticed that if I take the phen first thing in the morning then Im hungry later at night so i have found that if you take it an hour and a half before lunch it works through out the night but still lets me sleep. Plus Im not hungry btw elemteach your son is so cute
    Preggo: About 260ish Progress: 160 lbs

SW:203.2 12/19/11 Starting over without Phentermine this time.

"This is my life..you may knock me down but I will stand right back up and fight.. and I WILL SUCCEED IN THIS WEIGHT LOSS BATTLE"

Photos
    View albums

Thank you Ryleighsmom!!! That is my grandson!!!! (I'm a young granny)

I have tried EVERYTHING to help make the effects last longer. Just so happened I had early duty this morning and didn't take it before work, and when I got ready to take it I was freezing cold and decided to have a cup of cocoa. I was surprised by the boost it gave me. I'm still not hungry!!!

Photos
    View albums

Oh my... sorry but I bet it makes you feel good to hear that lol

"This is my life..you may knock me down but I will stand right back up and fight.. and I WILL SUCCEED IN THIS WEIGHT LOSS BATTLE"

Photos
    View albums

You bet it does!!! A lot of people mistake him for my son. My sons are 22, 18 & 15. (I just got married young)LOL

You're looking great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the info. I think I'll try some hot tea since I don't have diet hot choc. in the house. I'm just trying to get used to being hungry so much, lol.

9/16/08 218
    9/23/08 213
    9/25/08 211
    10/06/08 209 back on track
    10/12/08 207
    10/24/08 204
    10/31/08 201
    11/07/08 198 ONEDERLAND!!!!
    11/21/08 195 Ugh it's slow now
    12/4/08 190
    1/7/09 193
    2/7/09 188
    3/20/09 183
    6/18/09 191 yes i went the wrong way!

I haven't met a challenge goal yet, so why make another one.

Photos
    View albums

Its so funny how the phen works diff for everyone. Like i know my husband takes it half hour to hour before eating and it works well for him but if i did it that way it wouldnt work at all. I have to wait at least an hour and a half for it to work and take with alot of water.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I find taking Phen on an empty stomach works best for me. I will pick up some hot choc. today...as it is freakin cold in Miami!!!!

Photos
    View albums

cold in Miami? I bet lol its freezing here in chicago but we got just a heat wave here, we are up to around
    10 degrees. We were at neg 21

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well...I took it this am with hot chocolate so we'll see. I found some articles online saying that oj or grapefruit juice (yuck) can make meds work better (or release more faster). Then I found some that said it blocks it from working at all -- so I don't know about OJ...but I'll try it if the chocolate doesn't work.

Sharon

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by karenlsky View Post
    I find taking Phen on an empty stomach works best for me. I will pick up some hot choc. today...as it is freakin cold in Miami!!!!
    yes its cold here in s.fla...am in fort lauderdale... i also take my on an empty stomach per dr. advice...and warm water also..i just brought me a 1.75L water bottle and crystal light to add tast to the water..the crystal light has 5calories sugar free...so far so good...this is my 2nd week on the phen...

Photos
    View albums

Okay~~~ Those of you that tried it with the hot cocoa today, let me know if it worked better for you, too!!! I'm taking mine now. I hope it has the same effects as it did yesterday!!!

Can't wait to hear your responses!!!!

Photos
    View albums

I just wanted to keep this up so I could find out if this worked for other people. I'm looking forward to seeing how it worked for others!!!

virginia on my way to mayport florida by the end of feb 09
    Photos
    View albums

i want to know how is it working yet for anyone i took mines today around 1pm with hot tea because i get the muches later in the evening so i want to know which works better with hot tea or hot coco i usually take it with cold water but it seems to me that the effects stops .so i want to know from u all which works best for u .good luck i am at a stall right now need that extra boost to move the damn scale like everyone here.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

The 25 calorie hot chocolate has SAVED me this whole time on phen. It fills my tummy ad i get my sweet tooth fix.....so I dont snack!! I have 2-3 drinks a day....
    Last edited by katy625; January 22nd, 2009 at 09:37 PM.
    Start Date 6/23/2012
    Starting weight: 189lbs
    Goal weight: 135lbs
    6/25 - 4lbs gone 185lbs

7/5 - 13lbs gone 176lbs

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I took mine with the hot chocolate this am...it did seem to help. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

virginia on my way to mayport florida by the end of feb 09
    Photos
    View albums

well as of this morning right now i am try mines with hot chocolate i will see how it works state tune for updates

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am guessing the hot chocolate is filling you up a tad? I take mine with water lots and lots of water and I never feel hungry.
    I do drink 2 coffees a day and I feel full after drinking them (make them with stevia and skim milk)

My son is ADHD and he was told NOT to take OJ with his meds...

Photos
    View albums

I never thought of trying it with a hot drink, only water. I've been on Phen for 3 weeks now and for the first week, I felt amazing energy and was never hungry. Now it seems that I still have some energy, but I am more hungry. I have been working out and counting calories so it's not too bad. But I'm willing to try anything that will help!
    Start Weight 1/5/09- 200 lbs
    End of Month 5 Weight- 168

I'm on a Phen break

Photos
    View albums

I am going to try and take it this morning with the diet coco and see how that works. I didnt know they had the 25 cal coco and OMG its a life saver. I love love love choc milk so this helps me a great deal. As soon as I read the diet coco I ran to the store and bought it lol. As for the phen not having an effect, for me after a few months on the phen it doesnt seem to work as well. so for those of you who have the same problem this is what i try. Eventually we all have to come off of the phen, So I will take it monday thru friday and skip taking it on sat and sunday. This makes me realize exactly how much i eat and what i put in my mouth. Then when i take it on monday it seems to give me that extra kick like it did before. Plus when its time to come off of it i dont think it will be such a shocker for me.

Photos
    View albums

Default Long term use of phentermine and suggestions for helping phen work better

I just completed my monthly weigh in and med check with my doctor. I am 5'4" and started this journey at a whopping 243lbs and a size 24 pants. Currently I am down to 216lbs and a size 18 jeans!! I have been taking Phentermine for 3 months now and just refilled my prescription for month 4.

I also noticed that after a time the phen didn't seam to work as well as it use to, but then I looked at what I was eating and how I was exercising. I started with drinking nothing but water. No milk, no caffeine, etc. recently I had gotten lazy and had eaten several times at fast food restaurants. of course I'd get soda there. I have gone back to just water, but I am loving the hot chocolate idea! Going to try that after I get paid.

My doctor also gave me some ideas to help it work better:

always take the 37.5 dose first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (even she said the hot chocolate was a wonderful idea to kick start it and provide the chocolate fix us women seem to need!) You can adjust your dose as needed. (some take it every day, some just during the work week, some every other day, etc. My doctor says you don't have to take it every day. If you find it is still helping you into the next day and you aren't completely starving, then skip a dose if you are feeling like it. this will also jump start the phen's feeling on your body when you go back to it)

She suggests waiting at least an hour then having either pieces of fruit (whole apple, some grapes, etc. nothing large) or a protein meal replacement shake. not both at the same time. The protein gives you nutrients you need and helps the body feel fuller longer.

If you find that you are getting the munchies in the evening and you get your phen in tablet form cut a few tablets in half and take a half a tablet before lunch time. She said a sensible snack in the evening at least two hours before bedtime is ok. something like 1 cup of unsalted and unbuttered popcorn, or 1 of the diet snack options at the store, or again some fruit or veggies. I will provide my schedule below!

It was also recommended that since the phen will raise the blood pressure and takes away from vital nutrients the body needs to sustain itself, that every person should take a complete multi vitamin in the mornings. Women should also take a secondary calcium plus D supplement. Your doctor should have also prescribed blood pressure med for you to take if your blood pressure was in normal ranges. Right now I take two since mine was elevated a bit before starting to take the phen. When the BP is high the body will go into fight mode and hold on to everything it has. A normal BP will aid in weight loss while on the phen.

She said do not take the orange juice or other citrus juice at the same time with the phen. it's not been known to help the phen work, but the acid in the juice can cause some serious acid reflux, heartburn, etc. Of course, if you are hurting then you don't want to do anything, including work out.

she can't stress exercise enough!! Doesn't have to be anything big or complicated. All you need is either a treadmill or access to a ton of stairs. With my schedule below, I will also tell you how I exercise.

Ok here's my schedule:

I wake up at 7am

go to restroom and take the following meds with water:

phen
    2 BP meds
    complete multi vitamin
    calcium plus D supplement

Right now I also have a sinus infection so I am taking an antibiotic as well.

I drink 2 full 8 ounce glasses of water before eating anything (wait at least an hour between taking pills and eating anything. Water is always a good thing)

During the week I am getting kids to school when my hour time limit comes up, so I wait to eat until I am home. Since i am out, I go to the gym. Here's my routine:

1.Find a treadmill that works properly
    2. walk at a comfortable pace for 5 minutes (to warm up the body)
    3. slowly move the incline up 1 level every 5 minutes until you can't handle the incline anymore. right now for me that is about a 4.5 or a 5 depending on brand of treadmill being used.(just the incline. no need to adjust speed)
    4. decrease incline every 5 minutes until you are at 0 again.
    5. walk a slower pace than you started at with incline at 0 for another 5 minutes (to cool off)

Right now this takes me about 45 minutes to complete (grab your mp3 player and get moving!)

Adjusting the incline improves muscle tone, boosts metabolism, and aids in fat loss (instead of muscle loss) while you walk. It's like using weights and running, without having to do either and it works your body long after you've gotten off the treadmill.

if you don't have access to a treadmill walk to a place with lots of stairs, then walk the stairs up and down until you are winded and sweating. Walk home. the walk to and from is your warm up and cool down session, the stairs work just like the incline on the treadmill does. DO NOT run the stairs. you want controlled movements. You will feel it very soon...and thank me later I promise!

When I get home from the gym (around 10am) I usually eat a small bowl of cereal with lots of fiber in it with lactose free milk (I am lactose intolerant). Sometimes I have fruit or a protein meal replacement shake instead.

After breakfast i either do some floor exercises to tone my love handles, or I clean my house. sometimes both! Drinking water constantly. it is suggested for maximum weight loss you should drink half of your body weight (in ounces) of water each day. I started at 243lbs so half of that is 121.5. I would drink 122 ounces of water each day before bed. As I have lost weight I have kept the water intake at 122 ounces so that now my water intake is actually more than half of my body weight. This seems to help a lot in keeping the hunger controlled all day! Dr. says that this also keeps the metabolism boosted all day so you are helping your body to constantly lose weight with everyday activities. Even while you are sleeping!

Lunch is at noon and I usually eat something light (tuna sandwich, fruit or veggies) as I'm not hungry but the body needs food to continue to burn calories through the day.

i run a cleaning business so I am cleaning several days a week. i do the cleaning in a way that doubles as a proper whole body work out! if I'm lucky I also get to go to gym on those days. Doesn't always happen though.

I pick up kids from school at 3:30. go home have them doing their homework while I stat on dinner.

Dinner is served between 5 and 6 every day. I eat controlled portions of whatever I cook. I usually eat no more than what I feed my three year old. Trust me, it's enough. I am satisfied without being full!. If you don't have kids then you should go with portion size for mail dish being no bigger than the size of your closed fist. Side dishes should be half of that. If you follow that then you can eat anything without feeling like you've broken a diet. I even even chocolate from time to time.

in the evening I spend time with my family. Sometimes my husband will make popcorn while we watch a movie. I may have a few pieces, but I don't pig out like a use to. Continue drinking the water tho.

Go to bed around 10 or 11pm and sleep most of the night (I've always had a problem with insomnia so this is an improvement!)

Start over the next day.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Starting tomorrow I am adding B12 to my morning pill intake. This boosts metabolism naturally in the body and will aid the phentermine to work like it did when we first started taking it. I can't wait for that! Taking a time released b12 every day is better than getting the B12 shot form your doctor (this info comes from my doc) as you are getting it every day instead of once weekly or monthly (depending on your schedule with your doctor).

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the suggestion I'm going to try that tomorrow!
    3/19/09 started Phentermine 308
    12/28/09 Drs. appt. 240
    Loss for 2009 67 lbs.
    01/25/10 Drs. appt. 243
    02/22/10 Drs. appt. 238
    03/22/10 Drs. appt. 241
    04/26/10 Drs. appt.241
    06/28/10 Drs. appt. 257
    10/21/10 Drs. appt. 265 wrong way!

Photos
    View albums

jcdolphine-Thanks for taking the time to share all of that!
    Started Weightloss Journey Feb 1, 2010 at 262

☆*.**☆ **.**☆**.**☆

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Jcdolphin- everything you wrote was very helpful! Thanks so much for sharing and good luck on ur journey, you are doing beyond amazing!