Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default I am hungry ALL THE TIME! Help!

Hey,

I started taking phen on Monday, but I truly have not felt much of a difference at all. I am more hungry now than I was off the phen! I eat when I am hungry (not a large amount, but definitely enough to keep me full for at least 4 hours), but then I am hungry 1-2 hours later! I am eating healthy foods (lean proteins, good carbs with fiber, fruits and veggies, low-fat dairy) and drinking lots of water, but nothing keeps me full.

Any advice? I'm so worried because my weigh-in day is Sunday! I will be so upset if I have gained weight!
    Started Phen 1/12/09
    HW: 195
    CW: 189.1
    GW: 125
    I'm 5'5", so I really need to get this weight off. My poor skeleton.
    1st mini goal: 174.1 by V-day hopefully
    2nd: 160 by 3/10
    3rd: 150 by 4/7
    4th: 140 by 5/12
    5th: 130 by 6/23
    6th: 125 by 7/21

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Don' worry I feel you pain! i was like you a week ago.... so meaby you have to wait a litte bit for the medicine to kick in you system... it happend to me.. now im feeling much better.. give it some time , for me took like 2 weeks!
    keep it going! and the most important thing, tell your doctor everything that you are experience....

Photos
    View albums

I've been up and down on this. My first week I felt great. My 2nd week I was convinced my body had already grown immune. The 3rd and 4th weeks I tried it on my own. Then I started again. It was awesome this last week and I feel so much different. I have no cravings for anything. I have almost no desire to snack. I can cook for the kids without tasting or putting even a bite in my mouth. I plan my meals and I eat what is good for my body and I enjoy what I am eating. But I am doing all the other work needed too like journaling constantly, keeping track of everything I eat, weighing, measuring, reading on the boards, trying to encourage others so that I am encouraging myself too. I just think it's all clicking and Phen really is helping.

Be patient. It will happen but don't neglect the parts that you need to do.

Suzi

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Thanks!

Thank you so much for replying! I will definitely keep taking it because so many people have seen so much success on it.

I also just read a lot of things telling me not to drink coffee because it can send the phen out of your system more quickly than if I didn't drink it. So, I am going to stop drinking coffee!
    Started Phen 1/12/09

Photos
    View albums

That's probably good advice about the coffee. I'm not sure since I don't drink it. But I have been trying to drink more water. I'm also attempting to keep my carbs around 40-50% of my diet and dividing the other 40-50% between protein and fats. My fats tend to be too low and my protein tends to be too low too. But I am a carb kinda girl. The one time I ate exactly 33% for each group I lost 2 pounds overnight that night. So I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. I do think we are all different and the only way we will figure out what we need to do for ourselves is to record everything we do and experiment. To see it all laid out and be able to really analyze it all, I joined sparkpeople. It's a great and free program online.

Suzi

Photos
    View albums

Default Yes, please give it some time!

I take generic and my first prescription was great! From day 1 I had no cravings, no appetite, was able to make healthy choices and lost 17.4 pounds. Then I decided I would get my prescription filled at Target instead (cause I hate the long lines at WalMart). Oh man, I was on the phone with the Pharmacista and my Dr. the next day - I couldn't sleep, was always hungry and really irritable. I was convinced that this one wasn't working. I was up and down for about 1 week, but when I went to the Dr. I had lost another 7.5 pounds after 2 weeks - so it WAS working. I do have more energy on this one (MP 273), but I still don't like how I'm irritable.

I went to a new Dr. and FINALLY someone agreed with me and said that generics can affect everyone differently. His advice was for me to fill with Adipex next time. I may do that or I may just go back to the one I got at Wal-Mart (if it's the same - I'll ask this time!)

Good luck and hang in there!

"No matter how you think you look, there is somebody who would love to look like you. No matter how old you are, there is someone older who would love to be as young as you. Love yourself and love your life; it is the only one you have!" - Joyce Meyer

Misty W.

Photos
    View albums

possibly the brand????
    if it doesn't start working ask your dr about it. i have heard that different brands work for different people.
    I have been taking low doses of adipex for over a month and it always supresses my appetite.
    sorry you are struggling with this!

something else maybe...do you take vitamins? my dr said sometimes if you are lacking a certain nutrient you will always feel hungry.
    also a b-12 vitamin alone seemed to help me a lot.

i could totally see where the coffee might be doing it too, so maybe ditch that and see if it gets better?

Photos
    View albums

Try eating more proteins, taking some nuts with you to snack on... and the protein shakes I have found help immensely with the hunger pains. I love the EAS shakes and I bought the Atkins ones and love them too!

When you are hungry, I've heard (and tried, and it works most of the time) to drink down a whole glass of cold water fairly quickly, and that will help too.

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

Also, whenever I decide to eat healthy and lose weight, my body always seems more hungry! I'm positive it's my brain trying to sabatoge my diet!! It's like I hear the word "diet" I am suddenly STARVING!

My Valentines Day Goal:

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am taking the 37.5 Adipex pill. I got it from my weight loss clinic that I go to. I'm just going to wait a month to weigh myself, keep taking the pills, drinking my water, working out and eating the right things. I can only hope that works.

Do y'all think working out would make me GAIN weight? I work out 2 hrs/day 5x/week. I do martial arts, a cardio bag class and this mixture of different exercises called Cross Fit. I work out so hard every day, sweat like crazy, and push myself to my limits every day, so it's really strange to me that weight doesn't fall off me. I feel like I still look the same before I started working out. It's so frustrating because all that happens is I get bigger and bigger!
    Started Phen 1/12/09

Photos
    View albums

You need to take your measurements and expect to be retaining a lot of water with a exercise schedule like that. If you can do it and you are not tearing up your joints, go for it. But don't expect the weight to fall off. I gained weight when I worked out like that. But I did lose a lot of inches all over the place.

Suzi

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, I kind of thought that could be the problem. Well, this week I am going to really increase my water intake and just keep eating very healthily. Thanks!
    Started Phen 1/12/09

Photos
    View albums

I posted before, but forgot to ask if you are waiting 1-2 hours after taking phen before eating. I never had a problem with the first generic, could eat whenever I wanted, but with this one if I don't wait to eat then I'm hungry all day. Also, you mentioned caffiene. I would definately cut it out as much as you can. You will feel better and the phen will work better and give you the boost without the let down you feel with caffiene. Also, since caffiene is a stimulant it will move the phen out of your system faster. I work 12 hour nights, so caffiene was a biggie for me - but I've found I'm less tired just by taking the phen!

Now on the excercise part, you can definately gain muscle by working out which in the long run will be helpful to your metabolism, but will do little for your confidence since your not seeing big results on the scale. My dr. recommended "light" cardio for at least the first 3-4 months or until I get closer to my goal. This keeps the scale moving and me motivated.

"No matter how you think you look, there is somebody who would love to look like you. No matter how old you are, there is someone older who would love to be as young as you. Love yourself and love your life; it is the only one you have!" - Joyce Meyer

Misty W.