Close
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LindsayBo
  • 1 Post By Mommy2Belle

Thread: how long would it take to lose 30 lb?

Photos
    View albums

Red face how long would it take to lose 30 lb?

hello!!! i am gonna start on 1/05/09, i am a little afraid, but it will be worth it. since the first time i got really sick with the first pill and i quit!! dziness,confused, fatigue was a night mare i am 5'1 and wieght 150 my goal is 120!! my goal date is 2/14 will that be possible?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly-skinny? View Post
    hello!!! i am gonna start on 1/05/09, i am a little afraid, but it will be worth it. since the first time i got really sick with the first pill and i quit!! dziness,confused, fatigue was a night mare i am 5'1 and wieght 150 my goal is 120!! my goal date is 2/14 will that be possible?
    Hi! From what i have heard/researched, i really dont think losing 30 pounds in 1 month is doable. Some ladies on Phen have lost like 20 their first month but everyone loses at different paces. I would try setting your goal at 10lbs gone by 2/14. 1-2 pounds a week loss is best. Im on day 17 and have lost 13lbs. Good luck! Watch what you eat & exercise & you will get there! Good Luck!!
    PhrendlyPhrend likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Talking

yes 30lbs the first month is doable. i lost 26lbs and i was 210 ( they say the heavier you are the faster you lose. dont really know the truth behind that) but whatever u set your mind to go for. if you fall a couple pounds short be proud and move on but it took me 4 1.2 weeks to lose 30lbs so like i said way doable and good luck
    PhrendlyPhrend likes this.

These 2 right here are my inspiration
    11-16 206 :*(
    12/14-183.6!! FIRST MONTH LOSS 20.4LBS!!!
    3/22-159.6 3 MONTHS IN 46.4lbs DOWN

Mini Goal- 170 by Christmas
    Mini Goal-145 by Valentines day
    BY our 11 year anniversary March 4 2012 i want to be at my goal weight of 130

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with mommy2belle, the heavier you are the faster you lose. I started at 203 and lost 20 something lbs the 1st month....it may honestly take you longer as you are starting out at a lower weight...your body may cling to the weight you have a little bit more stubbornly. But even if you don't get to 30lbs as soon as you'd like you will still get there!!!
    Start Date 6/23/2012
    Starting weight: 189lbs
    Goal weight: 135lbs
    6/25 - 4lbs gone 185lbs

7/5 - 13lbs gone 176lbs

Photos
    View albums

Default katy!

i just wanted to tell you you look amazing!! its such an inspiration to see your before and after pictures. keep up the fantastic work. You look like a new person.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks! You look great yourself!!!!!!! 70+lbs is soooooooo awesome! I have to post to donnamex here in a minute....she's so silly....she asked yesterday if I was posting pics of my daughter instead of the "real" me. That wouldn't be too doable as she is 3yrs old!!!
    Start Date 6/23/2012
    6/25 - 4lbs gone 185lbs

7/5 - 13lbs gone 176lbs

Photos
    View albums

lol yes defiently not doable! but isnt it amazing how much longer we look with the weight off? iam only 25 everyone tells me how much younger i look and when i look at older pictures i see it myself and its crazy. i never realized how many years weight puts on our faces.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

It REALLY REALLY DOES!!!!! BTW you look insanely fabulous! I love your pics!
    What is really funny is since I never weighed any more than 150 all my life, so when I gained all that weight after my daughter I knew I was over weight and i was always depressed about it......I could never "SEE" it.....I have noticed my perception of what others and myself look like both when I was 200lbs and now at 155. What I see in pictures looks completely different than what I saw before.......so weird....
    Im going to post in a minute that Im adding some more before pics of myself to my myspace.....if you have one send me an invite! its myspace.com/katyc625
    Start Date 6/23/2012
    6/25 - 4lbs gone 185lbs

7/5 - 13lbs gone 176lbs

Photos
    View albums

aww ty! this is the hardest thing ive EVER had to do but its so worth it. I wasnt as happy person before. When i show my daughter ( whos 2 1/2) old pictures of me she doesnt know who it is. and i love that i dont want her to remember the old mommy thats not me anymore. 55lbs is alot of weight for someone to lose. i put it this way when my 7 year old sister asks how much i lost i say i lost a person heavier then her and her jaw drops lol. i will friend request you now i have myspace

Photos
    View albums

I have decided that I am an absolute numbers nerd and of course had to calculate out whether or not it is possible to lose 30 pounds in 6 weeks when you are 5'1" and only weigh 150 lbs to begin with.... Sounds like a story problem, huh?

I think it would be really hard, unless you exercise A LOT and eat little. Ready for this?

You have to burn 3,500 calories over the calories you eat in order to lose 1 lb. 30 lbs would = 105,000 calories. Divide that by 6 weeks and then 7 days and you would have to burn... get this... 2,500 calories over what you eat each day in order to lose 30 pounds. That is so hard, because at 5'1", you can't eat that much to begin with.

I started on Phen 6 weeks ago and have lost 15 pounds. I am ecstatic and it has made a huge difference on my muffin top and round face! I want to keep this weight off, so I am shooting for 1-2 pounds/week!

Good luck! Sorry I am such a dork about number facts - I may be wrong, because some people have dropped amazing numbers, but they seemed to be heavier than 150 at the time they lost the big numbers.

sweettart

Thumbs up

Wow I don't know but if u do please let me know how u did it ! Good luck to u !!!

Photos
    View albums

Since you are already a smaller person I dont believe you would be able to lose that much weight in such a short period of time, I mean yes you could do it if you deprived yourself of everything and exercised all day long..but that is not healthy and you will more than likely gain it right back after you reach your goal. I started off at 230 and it took me 4 months to get to 30 lbs off, and I have been eating right and exercising every day. So it also depends on your body. A healthy loss is 2 lbs a week so there are 6 weeks until your goal, getting down 12 lbs would be a healthy loss. We have to remember that the weight did not come on overnight and it wont come off overnight. You want to establish good eating habits so that you can do this for the rest of your life.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Photos
    View albums

I think 30 pounds in 1 month is alot way to fast! I think you should set a smaller goal, that way you wont be upset if you dont loose 30 and happy if you do. I lost 18 the first month and I was 325. The goal is to become healthy not loose as much as you can as fast as you can because you surely will gain it back.just as fast as you lost it. So pace yourself and you will be much happyer.
    Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil say "oh sh%t! that B%tch is up!

Photos
    View albums

I am not trying to put a damper on your hopes, but I have to agree. 30 pounds in a month is alot to lose. Especially starting out at your weight. For someone who starts out weighing let say 50 pounds or so heavier it may be possible. Because the more you have to lose the more can come off at once. Also, if you lose to quickly it will be easy to gain it back once you are off of the Phen. I know we would all love to lose it quick and be done, but unfortunatly it just doesn't happen that way. If you lose weight at a slower pace it allows your body to adjust and maintain. It takes more than you think for your body to burn fat to lose weight. Good luck on your weightloss journey. I am positive you will reach your goal, it just may take a little longer to do it.
    Weightloss Journey:
    At start: 212
    12-31-08 207.5
    01-07-09 205
    01-14-09 203
    01-21-09 201.5
    01-28-09 202
    02-04-09 198.5
    02-13-09 197
    02-25-09 196.5
    03-04-09 196
    03-11-09 193

Mini Goal:
    03-17-09 190

Goal Weight:
    09-01-09 150

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am the exact same hieght as you are... my weight is 145 though. But I meantioned that because I have been on my phen for 2 months now. This is my second time on it and I was getting mad that I was losing as fast as the first time! I lost about 30 lbs in 3 months the first time I was on it. My doc put me on Prozac and this is helping me lose a lot now! I would def. Recomened going to see if you can get that. And don't forget to drink a lot of water. But as for losing 30 lbs in a month.... I would not recomened that, if you did do that your skin might be saggy from losing too quickly, plus it isn't healthy.

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Not sure if anyone is still writing on this thing. But I started taking Phen 37.5 one week ago. I have not checked my weight because I don't want to be overanxious. My workouts are great and I am trying make sure I eat- because I do not get hungry. My last weigh in was 202 a week ago, although no one believes me. But it's true. My first goal is to get under 200 then ... to about 150 or 160, I am 5'8 1/2.
    I take my pill at 730AM, wait an hour and eat some oatmeal and fruit. Then I am rarely hungry, I don't think I am drinking enough water. I work out, not better than before I can actually run for a while. I drink tons of water then. Any advice for this newbie?
    When should I weigh myself first? Should I ask my DR about doubling my dose?
    I am thinking I just need to relax, I am used my size, just go about life, workout and eat well.
    Thanks for any and all advice.

Photos
    View albums

Blueorchid.. Well, I'm a scale freak, doesn't really affect me negatively but I commend you on waiting. Just be sure to drink your water..it'll hell flush the toxins and keep your body hydrated. If it's been a week, try weighing yourself. Once a week is a good start...some people choose to wait until their weigh in but I have to know that what I'm doing is working before then..lol..But like you said, relax, workout, and eat well. You're bound to see results if you're burning more calories than you consume. The basic formula for weight loss. Good luck !