Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default average weight loss 1st week ?

i am wondering how much i may lose ... ???
    is it true the bigger you are the faster you lose ?

I am 5ft 5 and about 167 lbs ....

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

When i first started Phen, i was so amazed at how i was not hungry and always wanting water that i took advantage of that and incorporated South Beach/Atkins with it. I had been successful with Atkins in the past but, could never stay on it 'cause i was always still hungry. With that being said, I was extremely happy with the fact that for the first 15 days, I lost a pound a day! I have heard that the heavier you are the faster you loose. I started @ 208 and i'm 5'8" and i started phen 9/25 so... i don't know but, i still have a looong way to go. Good luck to you.

SW: 208 9/25/08
    CW: 174
    GW: 135ish (hopefully by May)

Never give up in '09' challenge
    SW: 174
    GW: For 2/14 164
    Gallon of water a day
    4-6 days of gym

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am really hoping to lose about 5-6lb this week ? what do you reckon ??

[/url]

I REALLY WANT THIS X

Photos
    View albums

Have you started taking the phen yet? I would see what kind of side effects you get and use them to your advantage. I was not hungry, had loads of energy, and needed to constantly rehydrate myself so what i did... drank a full glass of water first thing when i woke (this is suppose to help boost your metabolism as well) and took a half of my 37.5 pill. Half an hour later, i ate 2eggs and a turkey sausage for breakfast (eating within the first hour of when you wake is also suppose to helps spark your metabolism. Plus, I've also read that if you eat eggs in the morning, they'll keep you satisfied longer.) Then, to burn up some of that massive energy i obtained, I went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. Once i got on, I did a fast pace walk for about 30min and could have kept going!!! Still remembering my water, i carried around a gallon of water (a little barbaric but, i took advantage of the dehydrating feeling from the phen!) Plus, my doc did this whole math equation to figure out, for my weight, how much water i should be consuming a day and it came out to be 96oz. Before lunch, at about 2, I would take my second half of phen with a full glass of water. For lunch I would have some boars head turkey rolled up with spinach and laughing cow cheese (about 3 rolls). If i needed a snack, i would have some more sliced turkey or grilled chicken pieces. Then for dinner, i bought those Gordon's fish fillets and would eat two of those. This was all under 20carbs and 600cals. and i was satisfied... (with the help of phen of course) But, this is what worked for me. Everyone is different and it just depends on how much you're willing to sacrifice to loose weight. I was at my wits end!!! Anyway, sorry so long but i hope this helped a little.

Oh, and my doc advised me to take a multi vitamin, 400mg of chromium picolinate (help convert carbs into energy) and 5htp (for mood maintenance)
    Last edited by bceballos80; November 20th, 2008 at 04:37 PM.

Gallon of water a day
    4-6 days of gym

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i started taking it three days ago ... have found that i have trouble sleeping ...
    takemy 37.2 mg pink pill in the morning by 9am ... will have 1 egg on 1 slice of bread .. a low cal sandiwch for lunch and dinner ... today i only had half a sanwich ... been busy busy decorating and sanding walls and staircases today so hoping i would have burned some calories .. but did have homemade curry at my friends house tonight iwth 3 glasses of red wine ... birthday meal for her huuby

hoping tolose some weight and feel the difference!

[/url]

I REALLY WANT THIS X

Photos
    View albums

When i first started the phen my doc gave me a scrip for lorazepam as well (Valium) just in case i couldn't wind down. I only had a problem for the first 2 nights, then it went away. Now, i have some times even taken my other half of pill at 5-6pm and still been fine. This website has helped immensely! Everyone is very encouraging and i have had a lot of my q's answered and learned a lot about how different this pill works for everyone. Good job on "gettin' busy!" I've noticed that with in the 2 mo. i have been on phen, I've gotten so much accomplished around the house. I use to feel so lethargic that when my 1 & 2yr. olds would go down for their nap, i would do nothing but sleep or watch t.v. Now, I've actually cleared out some of the clutter in the closets and gotten rid of a lot of junk (including some "junk in my trunk" LOL)

Gallon of water a day
    4-6 days of gym

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

well done you ! i dont sleep great but tonight i am feeling tired so hope sleep fairy will be kind to me ....
    only effects ive had is a slight racing heart on occassions but thats all really .. desperate to lsoe weight .. ive never been this big before .. gained 2 1/2 stone after being on anti depressants after birth of my son .. how bad is that ? not been able to lose the weight at all ... even dieting strictly for 8 weeks .. lost 1/2 a lb and was gutted ... hoping this will help speed my metabolism up xxx

[/url]

I REALLY WANT THIS X

Photos
    View albums

When you loose at first it is mostly water weight and usually you will gain this back and then the true loosing begins. It does not just magically come off though. You do have to work on it and remember you are trying to make a life change and not just temporary because that is when you end up gaining it all back and some. Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

How does stones convert to pounds? I'm sorry to hear about the depression... that's never fun. I had postpartum for the first 2 weeks after my daughter (my first born) but that seems to be, from what i hear, normal. I never had to take anything for it. With my son, i think i was just a little sleep deprived. Anyway, they were both worth it!! Even the 50+ pounds i gained! But now it's time to take it off!! We can do this!!! You should come to this site often. At first, i just kind of read around the boards, then i started posting and everyone was pretty supportive. I found that i got addicted to this place. Soon, i had to lay off a little because i wasn't exercising much but my fingers lol. Anyway, gotta start doing something around the house before my kids wake up. Add me to your friends and keep me posted on your progress. I wish all the best for you!!!

Gallon of water a day
    4-6 days of gym

Photos
    View albums

Default It's been a week

Well, I've been on Phentremine for one week. I have not exercised or greatly changed my eating habits. Before I was only eating once or twice a day and not usally starting with breakfast. I work two jobs and things are a bit crazy for me. I only lost 7 pounds so far. I'm sure it would be a lot more if I did do some kind of exercise throughout the week. Only bad things I've been experiencing since I started is getting to bed at a decent time, first few days racing heart/flutters, and today I seem to have crazy case of gas (not sure if Phen is to blame for this one or something I ate today). I don't usually have gas issue, but today was really crazy. Right now my worries are getting enough sleep (I go to a sleep and lung doctor - he gave me the prescription for Phen), and have some issues with blood pressure (which I've been taking here and there before Phen). He did a stress test before giving me the medicine to test my heart . Tomorrow I am going to get my blood pressure checked to see how it is doing after being on Phen for a week. I go back for my doctor's visit next month.
    I am taking Phentermine 37.5 MG Tab

____ Weigh-In Progress ____

--> 11/13/08 - Start @ 306 <--

• 11/20/08 @ 299
    • 11/27/08 @ 297
    • 12/04/08 @ 294

Photos
    View albums

Great to hear about your 7 lb. weight loss GEARLY75 just remember what LilJakie said, the first 10lbs. are usually your H2O weight then the real stuff starts coming off. I think i was a little gassy at the beginning too. A lot of the side effects tend to ware off as you go. I don't feel the energy as much as i did when i first began and i only experienced insomnia for the first couple days. I had high blood pressure too. My doc was even a little skeptical about starting me on the phen so he told me for the first week to keep an eye on it. I would go to those machines you see in all the stores and test it. It's gotten better so i can only imagine it was due to being over weight. Good luck and i wish you much success!

Gallon of water a day
    4-6 days of gym

Photos
    View albums

At my 1 week weigh-in I was down 8.5 lbs. Not too shabby!

Photos
    View albums

I can't remember how much I lost the first week,but I lost 26 lbs the first month on it.

I started out at 344 lbs.

Photos
    View albums

I had to laugh at myself in the Wal-Mart. I did a lot better today, but yesterday had me paranoid. I had to look around and run all throughout the store. After my "close call moment" (someone almost caught me in the act) I told myself I need to go home now and get there quick before I really end up shamed!! *lol* I notice the difference with retaining water because my lower legs are not as swollen at the end of the day.

Congratulations to you all on your progress, and wish you more to come!!!
    I am taking Phentermine 37.5 MG Tab

____ Weigh-In Progress ____

--> 11/13/08 - Start @ 306 <--

• 11/20/08 @ 299
    • 11/27/08 @ 297
    • 12/04/08 @ 294

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default help

I started Phentermine about a month ago. I am very active with school, kids, and work. So I drink slim fast and 2 100 calorie snacks during day and a decent dinner. It's the only quick thing I can take to school without eating out of the vending machine. I am 5'1 and lost 7 pounds so far. Should I be eating differently? I exercise 45 min- 1 hour a day, 6 days a week. Or should I be patient, I can see the inches dropping, not so happy with the numbers.