Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default PCOS: Polycystic

Also wanted to see who here also has PCOS...How has Pcos affected your life? Has it been a struggle to loose weight? What about infertility, if so have you managed to have children, and how? Has loosing weight helped with any of the symtoms?

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 13. I have not had my period in almost 9 months and i have gone almost a years worth of time without a period 2 years ago. I have facial hair every where, and places where hair should not be. I don't think I will be able to have children since I am not ovulating. And the weight things truly has been a great issue.
    HW:221-235-2006

LW: 145-09/14/07

SW: 187.5( Dr scale)- 11/4/08

GW:135

CW:174 12/7/08

Mini-goal 1: 169 dec 24
    Mini-goal 2: 155
    Mini-goal 3: 141
    Goal weight: 135

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi!
    I also have PCOS! I was diagnosed when I was around 13 as well. It has been a hard thing. Sometimes, my period and cramps are so bad I cry for hours on end and can barely move. I don't think mine is as severe as yours. I had a lot of problems with my period being irregular. Once I started taking birth control, it was more predictable and the cramps are a little better....not much though. I know that it has been the reason why I have struggled with my weight...it makes you gain weight very very easily and it is tough to get rid of it....That's why I turned to phen. So far it is working I have lost eight lbs in five days...hopefully it will continue. It hasn't affected me as far as fertility goes....but I haven't tried to concieve yet and I hope it is not an issue because I really want to be a mom someday.
    Like I said, I don't think mine is as severe but I definately can relate.
    Good luck!!!
    "It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had."
    ---Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

November 4th, 2008----->173lbs started Phen
    November 11th, 2008--->Doc -5 lbs = 168
    November 18th, 2008--->TOM-->Doc -2lbs
    November 25th,2008---> ?????

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by paola25 View Post
    Also wanted to see who here also has PCOS...How has Pcos affected your life? Has it been a struggle to loose weight? What about infertility, if so have you managed to have children, and how? Has loosing weight helped with any of the symtoms?

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 13. I have not had my period in almost 9 months and i have gone almost a years worth of time without a period 2 years ago. I have facial hair every where, and places where hair should not be. I don't think I will be able to have children since I am not ovulating. And the weight things truly has been a great issue.
    I have been diagnosed with PCOS and I am 28. It took a long time for a doctor to let me know that i had PCOS instead of the usual "you have a hormonal imbalace". On the lighter note, I do have three kids. My problems didn't occur until after my first child and from there on I had menstural problems. I went from everyday to once in 9months. Somehow or another, I seemed to have spiked on my own and by God's will I just happen to get lucky twice. Granted, my kids are about 4 years apart. But my last doctor put me on metformin. It is supposed to help my insulin levels not convert what I digest into sugar and help me loose weight. And then also perscribed me YAZ ( I guess it is supposed to have some a(word) that helps reduce the hair growth) Anyhow, since then I have lost coverage but have now seen a new doctor... a naturalpathic doc who I really love. It turns out I also have a low thyroid so I am now on amour thyroid. He wants me to adjust to that before hitting my hormones meds. My estrogen levels should be in 80-120 range and I am in the 40's, and my progesterone should be like in the 8-15 range and I am at 0.6 and I forgot what my testorone level should be but I'm high there, I think I was like 9.9 so my body is so out of whack. But my doctor said I can stop taking metformin and YAZ and then we will target everything so hopefully I can get my body where it should be inside and out. Good Luck!!
    Start Weight:
    10/9 239.2 lbs
    10/16 232. (-7lbs total loss)
    10/18 230.2 (-10 lbs total loss)
    10/30 227.4 (-12 lbs total loss)
    11/01 223.2 (-16lbs total loss) *1st day on thyroid med.
    11/09 218.6 (-21 lbs total loss) *1month on Phen
    11/16 216.4 (-23 lbs total loss)
    11/20 214.0 (-25 lbs total loss *1st day adding lipotropic complex)
    11/24 210 (-29 lbs total loss)
    12/04 208 (-31 lbs total loss) *1st month on thyroid med.
    12/07 206.2 (-33 lbs total loss)
    01/15 189.6 (-50 lbs total loss)

Photos
    View albums

I also have PCOS. It was a big factor with the weight gain in my life.No matter what I did I could not drop any weight. A bit of good news..........I have had 2 beautiful girls with the help of fertility drugs( clomid) it took about 6 months the first time.The 2nd time I think it was a combo of being on the drugs again for 6 months and then going on PHEN-PHEN. Even now at my age it still is a problem........ TOM...... never on time. But at least I have more than 2 a year now.

My new baby ALLIE

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have PCOS too. I have all the same things. I tried for 3 years to get preg. with my son...I finally did. Clomid didn't work...I'm not sure how it happened. Losing weight has def. helped the fertility. I am on birth-control for the first time in my life. I got preg right after I lost 20 lbs (after 5 years of using no protection)....although it ended in miscarriage Anyway, I was actually hapopy when I was diagnosed because I felt like I had suffered for so long with no answers....every dr. just said that I needed to lose weight....
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Photos
    View albums

I have PCOS, and I had my daughter about 10 months ago...due to the insulin resistance I have had trouble losing weight and I was close to going on clomid but the ovarian drilling worked for me...(painful but it worked)...and (I am NOT advertising) but she also told me to try southbeach diet before she was going to put me on clomid, she said she had success with people going on it , losing weight and fertility...so I did and I got pregnant...now, I am back on southbeach with help of phen to help me lose the baby weight...and even though it is slow, it is coming along!!!
    10/04/08-started Phen - 180 lb.
    10/20/08-Started watching what I eat like crazy
    10/30/08 - 173.5
    11/10 - after Vegas - 178.5
    11/13 at dr. 176.5 - only 3.5 total
    11/15 - 173.5
    Mini goal - 170 by Thanksgiving (10 days? Doubt it but will try)
    Mini goal - 160 by Christmas
    Mini goal - 150 by January 28th