Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

Default Has anyone tried acai berry and colon cleanse too?

Hi everyone. I was on a website this morning and saw an advertisement on the side for acai berry and colon cleanse with all the benefits - has anyone tried this?

I am taking the 37.5mg tablets, but am looking to boost my weight loss. I am drinking strictly water and eating healthy plus exercising daily (for the most part). The weight is still coming off, but it's slow.

So I ordered the trials of both the above products in hopes of increasing my metabolism and suppressing my hunger again (phen is starting to lack in that department), as well as clean my system out. According to Oprah and Rachel Ray, this stuff works!

If anyone has heard about this and certainly if you've tried it, I'd LOVE to hear your feedback/results.

Thanks so much!:heart:
    Started 10/16/08

SW - 192.2
    CW- 184.9 (10/20/08)
    CW- 185.7 (10/28/08)
    CW- 182.3 (11/5/08)
    CW- 180.2 (11/12/08)

Good luck to all!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hey. I haven't tried it, but I've been curious about the acai berry for a while. I keep hearing about it, but don't really know what is does. Let us know how it works!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Beth\My Documents\My Pictures\Picasa Exports\Karen\New Folder\FAT 4.jpg I Turned 40 in April!

Height - 5 ft + 1/2 inch (gotta claim every inch I can get!)
    Age - 40

Highest weight-170 LBS
    Current weight- 131.4 LBS (5/7/2009)
    Mini goal- 125LBS (6/4/2009)

Photos
    View albums

Thumbs down Don't trust that company!

Be careful with that company!! I saw that and ordered the free trial. I did some more searching on the web and found some people tried to cancel after the trial and the phone number didn't work. So, I tried to call the number that was on the site when I ordered, and sure enough it was nothing but a busy signal 24/7. I started FREAKING! I did some more googling and found a forum where someone had found a legit phone number to the company, and I called and canceled immediately. The same person with that number said that after she canceled they charged her $39 for canceling! I made it clear I better not see one more charge besides the shipping charge(which they had already charged) on my card. If they are going to be that deceiving to put a bogus number on the site, I don't trust them. Oh, that was like 2 to 3 weeks ago, and still no free sample?? Even though they said it was sent. Oh well, at least I wasn't charged $40 ,or $89 for the whole bottle after the trail was up.But I guess I am probably still not totally out of the woods on that. If I hadn't found that number on that forum I would have had no way of canceling! I better not get charged! I saved all my confirmation numbers just incase they say I didn't cancel.
    Go to the site and try calling the number listed, I bet you get a busy signal too.
    You're lucky to have phentermine, my doctor wouldn't prescribe it. I'm looking into other avenues to get it legally.
    So, there is my experience with Acai Power 500. Oh, by the way, when you sign up for the trial they also sign you up for a trial of fitday, which you have to cancel if you don't want that extra monthly charge as well.
    Best of luck, Amber

Photos
    View albums

Heard of it before, but never tried it. I found a couple of threads here about 5-HTP pills that help when Phen starts to wear off. I haven't tried that either but I do hear that it works.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I use the acai berry drink. I got it from my sister. Suppose to drink it 2 times a day, but I never remember. My sister has used religiously for about 6 months and I know for a fact that she's lost weight. She also doing a lot of yoga and eating healthy.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for your feedback and wishes well...

Buggieboo, thank you so much for posting. I had a hard time finding out which site I actually ordered from as there are so many acai sites, but finally found it. I ordered Acai Berry Supreme, which indeed had a disclaimer for charging $94/mo. I will keep my eye out for the bottle and cancel it as soon as it arrives. In the midst of finding the site, I was able to collect another phone number, so hopefully that works. If not, I suppose I will have to cancel my card

Thanks again, I'm sure you saved me a lot of money!!
    Started 10/16/08

SW - 192.2
    CW- 184.9 (10/20/08)
    CW- 185.7 (10/28/08)
    CW- 182.3 (11/5/08)
    CW- 180.2 (11/12/08)

Good luck to all!!!

Photos
    View albums

If you get charged bogusly call your credit card and dispute the charges......companies like that are notorious for trying to rip you off...I personally am tired of trying crap that doesn't work. The only thing that worked at killing my appetite was phen...and atleast it has been tested and around for a while, unlike these over the counter things that noone has ever did any clinical trials on. I'm all for holistic stuff just be careful.

Photos
    View albums

Thumbs down They got me!!

Cad, I'm so glad you saw my post! You're not out of the clear yet! They got me! I bought a prepaid cell phone for my daughter for Christmas, I checked my back account and noticed more was deducted than what should have been. I called my bank immediately. I knew something was up! Well, it turns out, not only when you sign up are you signed up for a free trial of fitday, and then they Acai monthly charges, they secretly sign you up for something called Price Limbo! Price Limbo deducted $8.51 from my account, not much, but that is not the point! I had never heard of price limbo and had no idea what the heck it came from. I called Price Limbo immediately. They said they saw my account was already canceled. (must have been from when I canceled either one of the Acai or Fitday) They said it was from affiliated with my Acai Berry purchase. I asked why my account was charged when I have already canceled????? They said that yes I canceled, but I didn't deactivate my account!?! WTF! They didn't send my anything to deactivate, or say anything about it! They are very sneaky! SO, when you cancel, Cad, tell them to deactivate your account also! They are going to be refunding my money in 14 to 16 business days. If you can take it that fast, put it back that fast
    What a horrible horrible scam!
    CAD, I am going to try to PM you this as well.

No2Cookies

I kept seeing a warning on AOL for these products and just looked it up and found this:

"The Acai Berry Warning you saw posted on AOL relates to the scam the company imposed on consumers. Check out what originally naive consumers think of the Acai Berry Cleanse here:
    http://www.viewpoints.com/Acai-Berry-Cleanse-reviews"

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Hmmm.... I haven't tried the system cleansers, but I DID try Acai Berry Vodka and D*MN is it good! It's actualy vodka, but it tastes like a wine cooler... so you get the 'drunk' without the burn! Not to mention there's usually an alcohol purge out one end or the other that night or the next day, so I guess you could call it a system cleanser... does that count?
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Photos
    View albums

screw the slimquick cleanse...something WITH alcohol??!!!?!?!?!? thanks country lol

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

My friend ordered this, before she got the "free" sample her card was charged for her monthly auto shipment! Fine print says you have so many days to cancel after it ships, not after it arrives! She also ran into the phone number issue. The thing is, she is a litigation attorney LOL. Once she got the right number and did her number on them the money was refunded in 24 hours! She then turned all of the info over to the AZ attorney general's office and her ISP.

08/23/08 186 SW 197 HW April 23, 2008
    12/28/08 150
    01/07/09 148
    01/14/09 148
    3/15/09 bad week up to 156

Never Give Up in 2009 Challenge SW 150 What I am gonna look like!

Photos
    View albums

Wow, Glenna! Good thing she is an attorney! I'm glad to hear someone went after them!!
    My experience has been only with the trial internet people, I have never got to try to liquid. The Acai juice is what Oprah and Rachael Ray talked about, not these "pills" , but they still try to make it look like they indorsed their product, pure scam artists. MonaVie Acai juice (I think they may even have a wine) is the product Oprah and Rachael Ray talked about. I think I read it is like $40 a bottle! I'd still like some

Photos
    View albums

Ugh. So after I read your msg (Buggieboo), I immediately checked my credit cards - no charge as of yet...not even for the shipping fee, which is funny since I checked my pending charges a week ago, and at least one was on there. Still, nothing. However, later that same day, I received an email from the acai company that said they were "unable to contact me at the number provided to process my request for Acai Berry Supreme." Then they left a phone number for me to call - 866-938-4832 so that I can get in contact with them to have them sign it. I know it's not because of my card, I gave them a debit. But if they didn't send it, I'm not going to worry about it. I will keep an eye on my account and save that email just in case.

I did, however, get the Total Cleanse this afternoon. They sent me 60 capsules instead of a "15 day supply". I was only charged shipping, and I am going to cancel tomorrow. I read the disclaimer, etc. and it looks ok to cancel, so I should let my cc company know about it, I guess. Hmm. We'll see.

No more of this trial stuff!!

Thanks so much for everyone's help on this.

PS - my boyfriend is a lawyer, too, so at least I have someone to stick this on! Haha
    Started 10/16/08

SW - 192.2
    CW- 184.9 (10/20/08)
    CW- 185.7 (10/28/08)
    CW- 182.3 (11/5/08)
    CW- 180.2 (11/12/08)

Good luck to all!!!

Photos
    View albums

I'm interested in checking at the local GNC or maybe a health food store to see if they have anything. That way I'm not locked into something.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

10/23/08 283 lbs Dr. visit
    10/25/08 Started Phen
    11/02/08 273 Home scale
    11/15/08 268 Home scale
    11/23/08 265 Home scale

Mini Goal: 250 by the New Year!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Natural colon cleansing

Hey all. Sorry my first post here is one looking for help .Has anyone discussed with their doctor, or tried any of "natural" colon cleansing products?

Photos
    View albums

Oh, good, I'm glad you saw my PM. I signed in a couple times just to see if you got it! What they wrote you is weird! I used a debit card too. Good thing your boyfriend is a lawyer. Like I said, just make sure that they not only cancel, but "deactivate" their affliliate programs. I got the Acai, but not the color cleanse. I read about the scam right after I ordered the Acai and was too scared to order the colon cleanse. I'm still going to watch my account carefully! Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for everything. It all came in handy!
    Started 10/16/08

SW - 192.2
    CW- 184.9 (10/20/08)
    CW- 185.7 (10/28/08)
    CW- 182.3 (11/5/08)
    CW- 180.2 (11/12/08)

Good luck to all!!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by GordonPears View Post
    Hey all. Sorry my first post here is one looking for help .Has anyone discussed with their doctor, or tried any of "natural" colon cleansing products?
    Hmm...no, I haven't. But as you have read, I now am the proud owner of a 60 capsule bottle of Total Cleanse, so I won't be going "au naturale" this time around. To which nat products are you referring?
    Started 10/16/08

SW - 192.2
    CW- 184.9 (10/20/08)
    CW- 185.7 (10/28/08)
    CW- 182.3 (11/5/08)
    CW- 180.2 (11/12/08)

Good luck to all!!!

Photos
    View albums

Gordon is an advertiser for the natual colon cleanse company probably another scam company. We get them occasionally on the forum. Just ignore him he will go away they always do when we don't order their items.

Height 5' 1"
    HW 178 12/09/08 (WW)
    WT 169.5 8/6/08 Dr Consult
    SW 173 8/11/08 Dr Start Phen
    W1 168 9/08/08 Dr
    W2 158 10/06/08 Dr
    W3 154.5 11/3/08 Dr
    W4 153.5 12/3/08 Dr
    W5 149 01/07/08 Dr
    W6 144.5 02/04/09 Dr
    W7 142.0 03/04/09
    CW 135 06/11/09 Dr

Photos
    View albums

OK, I haven't tried the colon thing, but I picked up a bottle of Acai Berry at the natural health food store. 12.99 for a bottle, I can't remember how many are in there and I'm not sure how many I should take. Any ideas?
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

10/23/08 283 lbs Dr. visit
    10/25/08 Started Phen
    11/02/08 273 Home scale
    11/15/08 268 Home scale
    11/23/08 265 Home scale

Mini Goal: 250 by the New Year!!

Photos
    View albums

Heck I wanted to try one myself but I havent found one good thing about any of them. I need to look up the 25 day cleanse by herbal life..when I used to take herbal life products they had this 25 day cleanse and I wonder if that works since its supposed to be herbal. dont know..haha I didnt know until a few days ago that protein bars acted like laxatives..lol
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm taking acai berry (all acai, not the monavi or mixed fruits in a bottle) 2 pills a day and will take the colon cleanse starting on monday. I'm not ordering or doing anything over the internet, I went to talk to a health foods store and I got pure acai berry and a natural, easy cleanse that takes about 2 weeks. Then, next month, I will do another cleanse, very easy and natural, no pain or anything like that, and that one is 4 weeks long.

I will post once I'm all through with everything.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by countryasadirtroad View Post
    Hmmm.... I haven't tried the system cleansers, but I DID try Acai Berry Vodka and D*MN is it good! It's actualy vodka, but it tastes like a wine cooler... so you get the 'drunk' without the burn! Not to mention there's usually an alcohol purge out one end or the other that night or the next day, so I guess you could call it a system cleanser... does that count?
    God Country...I love ya and worry about ya all at the same time...LMAO
    That so sounds like somthin I would say...

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Don't worry about me, darlin'. I'm perfffffecctly normul.... hic.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Hi!

Hi there. I'm actually needing your help! I ordered the acai and colon cleans pills with the one month 'free' trial.. and when they called me to verify everything on the phone they told me that the number and address would come in the mail in case I needed to cancel for any reason, and of course it wasn't on the package. They've been dinging my dad's credit card and if I don't fix this soon then there's going to be trouble. I read that you were able to find the number and if you remember it or where you found it, could please please please give it to me? THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I REALLY appreciate it.

-Rachel

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Did you try the 866-938-4832 that they listed?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Holy cow! I went to the site to check it out. They state that with the free sample you are giving them the OK to charge your credit card 9 bucks from price company, 25 bucks from fitday thing, and 90 bucks from them. $125/per month! Holy cow!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

That is pricey!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Exclamation SCAM!

Please, please, please DO NOT fall for this scam! All of the contact information provided on the website is fake. You will not be able to cancel any future orders & they will continue to charge your account $85 per month for the Total Cleanse alone. I have filed complaints with www.ic3.gov and the SE Florida BBB. Trust me, I learned this one the hard way. You can check out numerous complaints online. Just Google "Total Cleanse scam".

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

one way to make sure you aren't getting taken for a ride is to also check your local GNC or go to GNC.com. Majority of the time they will have what you are looking for, even though you wont get the first month free. lol.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Acia berry

i m about to buy colon cleanse and acai berries from vitamin ******. and i really hope it works

Photos
    View albums

Smile

I'm taking the acsi berry with my phen this time. Also, a One-A-Day weight smart vitamin. So far I seem to be loosing faster, but time will tell. I'm interested in the colon cleanse, but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone had real results from this??? I'd be interested to know. They sure make it sound good!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by elemteach5 View Post
    I'm taking the acsi berry with my phen this time. Also, a One-A-Day weight smart vitamin. So far I seem to be loosing faster, but time will tell. I'm interested in the colon cleanse, but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone had real results from this??? I'd be interested to know. They sure make it sound good!!
    I have seen acsi several times on the forums, is this something totally different than the acai berry?
    12/14- 233
    12/31- 220 (-13) [Start of Challenge]
    1/7- 217.5 (-2.5)
    1/14 -213.5 (-4)
    1/21-209 (-4.5)
    1/28- 206 (-3)
    2/4- 201 (-5)
    2/11(FEB 14) GOAL- 205 (Met Vday Goal! 1/29)
    2/14-196.5 (-4.5)
    2/18-195.5 (-1)
    2/25- 189.5 (-6) {WOW!}
    3/4- 188.5 (-1)
    3/11- 185 (-3.5)
    3/18- 182 (-3) (Met St. Pattys Goal!)
    3/25- 177.5 (-4.5)
    4/1- 176 (-1.5)
    4/8-175 (-1)
    4/15-173 (-2)
    4/16-5/30 Off Phen =(
    6/3- Back on Phen yay! *180*
    6/10- 173 (-7)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Acai Berry

To Buggleboo:

What is the phone number you used to cancel your order? I placed an order for a "free" trial of Acai Max and Col-N X, 2 separate offers but tied together somehow. I received a phone call from the Col-N X people and they tried to sell me something else for $39.95. I declined that offer and received my "free" trial of Col-N X but have not received the Acai Max. After reading all the posts I would like to cancel ASAP but don't seem to have a phone number that works for Acai Max.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast