Close
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By daiseered
  • 1 Post By alykat06

Thread: DOES WATER MAKE YOU LOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT ON PHENTERMINE?

Photos
    View albums

Default DOES WATER MAKE YOU LOSE ALOT OF WEIGHT ON PHENTERMINE?

DOES WATER MAKE YOU LOSE MORE WEIGHT? WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER WHEN TAKING PHENTERMINE????????????????????????

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

It is not beneficial to only those on phen, but to anyone - and anyone on a diet trying to lose weight.

* Assists digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. If you don't drink enough water you can't get the full benefit of nutrients in the food you eat.

* Assists excretion of waste from bowel and kidneys. If you don't drink enough water you get constipated and put your kidneys under stress.

* Regulates body temperature. If you don't drink enough water you compromise the evaporation process you skin uses to keep you cool.

* Your blood is 92% water. This is your body's transport system distributing nutrients around the body.

* Body secretions and digestive juices are almost entirely water.

Why should you drink water when you want to lose weight?

Water is a natural appetite suppressant . Do NOT underestimate the power of this statement. Lack of water can lead to over eating. You brain does not differentiate between hunger and thirst. So, when you think you are feeling hungry, your body may in fact be signalling to you that you are thirsty! If you are not consuming enough water each day and you feel hunger pains, chances are, your body really is crying out for water. In many instances people will find what they thought were hunger pangs were in fact, satisfied by water. Try it! You have nothing to lose, except some weight.

How do you know whether you are drinking enough water each day? Well the answer is not difficult. The average person needs around 6-8 large glasses every day.

Well then, how should you drink the 6-8 glasses per day? The aim is to drink water consistently. If you drink too much all at once or too fast, it will simply pass through you, with little or no benefit to your body.

If you are someone who enjoys the 'taste' of water, then perhaps you could fill a 1 litre empty soft drink container with water the drink through it twice during the day. Room temperature or cold water, even warm as some people like - whatever you prefer. Place it on the desk at work in front of you as a constant reminder to sip continuously throughout the day.

Other people find they need a water 'diet' to help them keep on track. So for you, here is a program easily followed to ensure you are well hydrated every single day.

1. When you wake up you will often be thirsty because your body loses water while you are sleeping through breathing and perspiration. Drink a large glass of water with a slice of lemon for zing.

2. Drink another glass of water with breakfast or a cup of herbal tea before setting off the day.

3. Mid morning - snack on a piece of juicy fruit such as orange, rockmelon, watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew. Have a glass of water and perhaps try a dash of herbal aloe juice which is wonderfully soothing to the digestive system.

4. Lunch - think of soup or have a glass of water before your meal, or perhaps a herbal tea.

5. Mid afternoon - While you are preparing your evening meal, drink a glass of water and snack on some crunchy fresh vegetables.

6. Evening - Sip a glass of water before your meal with a dash of your favourite fruit juice for flavour.

7. After dinner - before bedtime drink your final glass of water and sleep well!

A few changes will happen when you start out with your water program. Obviously you may find that you need to 'spend a penny' more often. Why? Because you body isn't used to being well hydrated.

There is absolutely is no doubt about it. When you start drinking enough water regularly, there are great benefits. You may notice your skin significantly improve and even tired muscles will thank you. Many people find their energy is increased and constipation and headaches are reduced, as well as hunger pains.

Now here's the really exciting part - many people notice a reduction in weight, as their body's water store become redundant and so decrease. If your diet has been one that did not provide you with adequate water, your body will have developed a pattern of storing water. It's part of the body's in-built survival mechanism - to store up the essential nutrients in short supply - just in case they aren't available in the future. So if you don't drink enough water, you are 'conditioning' your body to store water.

It's so simple...drink water! 6-8 large glasses a day.

How do you know if you are not getting enough water each day? This is a really important question because so many of us have deprived ourselves of water for years that we have become accustomed to doing without the full amount of water our body requires and we don't recognise the symptoms of thirst.

* The most common symptom is headaches. A major function of water is to flush toxins from the body. Your brain is 75% water, so even being slightly dehydrated can cause headaches.

* Poor concentration/fatigue. If you body can't get rid of the toxins it will struggle and you will feel less energetic as your body diverts energy to deal with the toxins.

* Constipation. Your body will divert water to more essential functions and as a result your stools will be harder and more difficult to expel.

* Reduced urine output or dark urine. Did you know that up to 200 litres of water is passed through your kidneys daily? Without a fresh supply of water for the kidneys to filter waste products out of the blood, your urine will become darker.

* Furry tongue or bad breath. If you don't have enough water passing through the mouth to wash away food particles, bacteria can proliferate and result in that 'furry' feeling or bad breath.

* Skin. Your skin should feel elastic. When you pinch the skin on the back of your hand it should snap back instantly.

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

HEY THANKS. I REALLY DON'T LIKE WATER. I'LL START DRINKING PLENTY TOMORROW.

Photos
    View albums

Lots of information Daiseered. Are you a nurse or something? I don't think it could have been better said.

9/16/08 218
    9/23/08 213
    9/25/08 211
    10/06/08 209 back on track
    10/12/08 207
    10/24/08 204
    10/31/08 201
    11/07/08 198 ONEDERLAND!!!!
    11/21/08 195 Ugh it's slow now
    12/4/08 190
    1/7/09 193
    2/7/09 188
    3/20/09 183
    6/18/09 191 yes i went the wrong way!

I haven't met a challenge goal yet, so why make another one.

Photos
    View albums

No but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

For specific questions like this I just look online to see who can say it better than I can... lol

Thanks though!
    sablee likes this.

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

You stayed at the Holiday Inn!!?? That was a good one!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by daiseered View Post
    No but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

For specific questions like this I just look online to see who can say it better than I can... lol

Thanks though!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...With the day I have had....that is just what I needed.....oh snap that was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....thank you, thank you.......

Photos
    View albums

All the water facts are correct..plus for every 8 oz of cold water you drink you burn 37 calories, your body has to heat it up..have you ever pee'd cold? I havent
    sablee likes this.
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs
    5/4 - 264 - 21 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Have lost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well said and well put, Daiseered!

LOL alykat, you crack me up. I've never peed cold...but...I have peed in cold creek water to warm up! LOL I was in conservation club in high school (back east in PA) and we used to stock the creeks in early spring and we were in the water, draggin the stoopid flat of flopping fish...FREEZING. LOL Hey!! It was the only way to get warm!!

Hmm.. I was skinnier then, too! LOL

Photos
    View albums

I do find that the Phen does tend to make me a little more thirsty anyway..

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know why water helps, it just DOES. I lose more when I drink water. Actually, I don't think I lose at all without water.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful78 View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know why water helps, it just DOES. I lose more when I drink water. Actually, I don't think I lose at all without water.
    Mmmmmmm, I used to hate water, but for some weird reason, my mouth waters thinking of a huge glass of ice water! Especially after a long run! How WEIRD is that?

Yes, when I am drinking a lot of water, I notice that the weight seems to come off faster. Also, watch your sodium intake...
    As you think, so shall you be...