Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I currently take an adhd drug called Aderal, which is a stimulate
    I am thinking of taking Phentermine and would like to know if taking the two drugs would have any ill effects.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I looked up interactions, showed nothing. I then read LJ post and she says she can't take phen because she in on Aderall. Sorry couldn't be of more help to you.
    Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    midriff (small of waist) 32.5"
    waist (at bellybutton) 35.25"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

YOU CAN NOT take these two drugs together! The phen will help the ADHD it acts just like Ritalian.

L J
    Photos
    View albums

For starters PLEASE do NOT combine both Adderall and Phentermine without first consulting your trusted physician. They are both stimulates and will do way more harm than they will good.

Here is my personal experience. I took 37.5mg of Phen for about 8 months. It worked as an appetite suppressant, but it certainly did not give me the engery boost that everyone here talked about. I realized that it worked exactly opposite on me- I was more focused and somewhat slowed down. The first two weeks I took it all I wanted to do was sleep. I was getting a lot more done, but it wasn't extra energy, it was just the ability to focus.

Fast foward several months, I went off Phen, went to the doctor to see if I could get some kind of light-weight sleeping pill because my sleeping problems (there were many) were greatly interfering with my work and school. I told him that for some reason, when I was on Phen, I slept better and actually awoke feeling rested for the first time in my life.

His eyes lit up, he sent me to have a full-battery of tests for ADD, and it turns out that I have a pretty bad case of it. lol Who woulda thought? hehe...

So, he prescribed me 25mg of Adderall a day. Adderall, for me, is better than phen. The Adderall suppresses my appetite more than Phen ever did, and the ability to focus is still there and even greater. I also do not get the "coming down" headace with Adderall that I did with the Phen. But, best of all, my insurance pays for it 100%!

If you want to try Phen to see if it works better for you, go for it, because it will most likely knock out that more problematic symptoms of your ADHD, but I think you will find that Adderall does the same thing Phen does to suppress your appetite, it just lasts a little while longer.

Another thing you might want to think about- if you are on the newer time-release Adderall you might want to consider switching to the other kind. The time-released didn't work as well for me personally. Now I just take 10mg when I wake up, 10mg at lunch and 5mg at dinner and it works beautifully.

I'm sorry I wrote a book- I tend to be prone to that- but I truly hope I helped. Let us know what you decide, and good luck!
    Height: 5'2"

Start weight: 145lbs (Jan. 24, 2005)
    Week one: 141 (Jan 31)
    Week two: 139 (Feb 7-TOM)
    Week three 135 (Feb 14)
    Week four 132 (Feb 21)
    Week five 128 (Feb 28)
    Week six 125 (March 6)

Took a break, life happened, gained a lot back, starting back soon!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Wow These are great replies I take 30mg of aderal in the morning, works great for me I am wondering if I should take say 20mg in morning then another 10mg say at noon.
    It does help with appetite suppressant.
    LJ I appreciate your long post and You look great.
    You should be proud of yourself

Photos
    View albums

Thats interesting LJ. Glad your back by the way, haven't seen you around. You are looking great!

Heavyd - First off Welcome to the board. Secondly, you got great advise here. I just wanted to add that talk to your doctor before taking both drugs, they are both stimulants and you will be doing more harm than good. I dont know if it will give you the energy or not because someone with add or adhd stimulants do the opposite effect to them. I know that because my son is adhd. Anyway, I would just talk to your doctor and go from there.

Good luck on your weightloss and post away here.

Michelle