Close
    Photos
    View albums
    Ever since I started Phen almost 3 months ago, I have noticed bruises that keep popping up all over my body. I'm not like covered in bruises or anything, but I can NOT remember how they got there. I hear some people talk about short term memory loss, (Trent left his car running all day and drained 1/2 tank of gas, Choco-Cat putting her remote control in the refridgerator) because of the Phen so maybe I am just beating myself up and forgetting about it? LOL Or sleep walking! ha ha ha. Seriously, I looked at alot of sites to try to find bruising as a side effect but nothing. So, I was wondering if anyone else has theese mysterious bruises. Thanks in advance

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hey Jennylee, I was reading a PM from Thumper and she has bruises that keep popping up on her legs and I have bruises on my arms. My bruises usually pop up after I work out. I think what it is is that the more fat you have on your body, the harder you have to be bumped to be buised. We're all losing weight, so it makes sense to me to think that because there's not enough protective fat on us as their was to begin with, we're going to bruise easier. I don't know. It makes sense to me. Keep an eye on them and if you have any that tend to stay around for an exceptional amount of time, you may want to be checked out at the doctor. A lady at work this same thing happened to, and she had superficial blood clots, which weren't a big deal, but they do have to looked after.

Try to video yourself beating yourself up. I think that would be funny to watch. Jennylee going NUTS!!!! lol. I'm only kidding, but you may not have the same mental image as I do.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Trent,
    You might be right. Unfortunately I havn't started bruising yet. One can dream....

It could be alot of things--need some vitamines, blood is too thin etc. I knew I had seen it before on here so I typed "bruises" in the search area. There seem to be alot of people that have had it. I didn't read 'em but I'm sure there is some info that might shed some light.

You look Great by the way!

Juanice

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I cannot help you but I would sure let your dr. know. Unexplainable bruising can mean alot of things.
    Christy
    almost my heaviest

mid goal

sw 212
    11/17/05-12/25/05 22 pounds lost
    12/26/05-1/29/06 17 pounds lost
    01/3/06-3/05/06 9 pounds lost (big break from phen)

Photos
    View albums

Hey,

Like Trent said I have them too. I am not on phen anymore, but I started taking some multivitamins and have not seen any new ones. I was to the point that I would tell my husband that I bumped into that remember so if a bruise comes I know where it is from. I have always been borderline anemic, had major problems in HS. I made an appt with my doc and will be talking to her on the 18th about it. That is all I really can suggest.

Take Care,
    Holly
    Holly

Started at 208
    Gained ten pounds back--went from 128 back up to 136!!! UGHHHH

LABOR DAY CHALLENGE

Photos
    View albums

I just wanted to add this.. I copy/pasted it from a site...

Serious Side Effects
    Confusion or mental depression, skin rash or hives, high blood pressure, sore throat and fever, unusual bleeding or bruising. Call your doctor immediately.
    Deanna
    This was me at 130. Im 140 now

Height:5.2
    CW. 150 Started Phen
    week 1 146... down 4
    Week 2 143... down 3
    Week 3 140... down 3
    Week 4 138... down 2
    Week 5 138... TOM
    Week 6 137... down 1
    week ? 135... down 2
    Week ? 131... down 4
    total..19lbs
    Started phen again
    1-9-07 140
    GW. 115

Photos
    View albums

About a year ago my sister-in-law went to a diet clinic and started taking what I'm pretty sure was phen. She told me that it was something that made her not want food at all, and phen is usually what the diet clinics give out. Anyways, after taking it for about 2 months she woke up one day and her body was covered in bruises. She called my step-mom hysterically crying so my step-mom went over to her house and said that she had never seen anything like it. She said she had like 300 bruises on her legs alone. She literally look like she was ran over by a truck. It didn't occur to them that it was the diet pill, but she went to the hospital and they made her stop taking it and the bruises went away and never came back. The only sense that I could possibly make out of it is that maybe the phen increases your blood pressure, which causes little capillaries to burst causing a bruise?? Dumbfox would be good to answer that. I do know that high blood pressure causes capillarie damage. And Trent you said that you get them after working out, when of course the heart rate is increased.....hm would be good to research I guess.

Photos
    View albums

I've taken phen for a few years on and off, VERY on and off. Bruising is a side effect, as is the issues with menses. I believe it is the norepinephrine that is in the phen. I could be wrong. My body used to have bruises constantly, just appearing out of nowhere. When I weaned off the many times that I did over the years, the bruising issue was no longer an issue
    Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    midriff (small of waist) 32.5"
    waist (at bellybutton) 35.25"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

what are the issues with menses?????
    Christy
    almost my heaviest

mid goal

sw 212
    11/17/05-12/25/05 22 pounds lost
    12/26/05-1/29/06 17 pounds lost
    01/3/06-3/05/06 9 pounds lost (big break from phen)

L J
    Photos
    View albums

I'm not on Phen right now because I'm taking Adderall, but I have bruising now just as I did with the Phen.
    I think as long as we don't wake up with 1000 unexplained bruises like Jimmysgirl's SIL did we are probablly okay.

I'm sure there is a good scientific reason behind it, but another thing that could be a factor is the extra boost than Phen typically gives. That little bit of extra energy may be causing us to be more clumsy than usual.
    Height: 5'2"

Start weight: 145lbs (Jan. 24, 2005)
    Week one: 141 (Jan 31)
    Week two: 139 (Feb 7-TOM)
    Week three 135 (Feb 14)
    Week four 132 (Feb 21)
    Week five 128 (Feb 28)
    Week six 125 (March 6)

Took a break, life happened, gained a lot back, starting back soon!

Photos
    View albums

Nothing clumsy really. It is an effect some of us get with the intake of phen.
    Many ladies have issues with their periods and bleeding while on phen as well. Some have shorter menses, most have longer menses or screwy cycles.
    Yes, if you awaken to half your body covered I say see the ER immediately, but a few bruises here and there, and some can be pretty bad, then I (I stress 'I') would not be alarmed.
    Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    midriff (small of waist) 32.5"
    waist (at bellybutton) 35.25"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Photos
    View albums

I have unexplained bruising but Ive had it for years. Mine is from low iron. Now that Im on phen and dont eat as much Im not getting the iron I need, so the brusing is worse. I take a daily iron pill to help.
    Height 5'5"
    Weight:

Total inches lost in Jan -
    Total pounds lost in Jan -
    I hit a stall this last month. Im almost to my goal though so I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I get unexplained bruising from time to time. I've had blood work done to check for Von Willebrand's Syndrome, other blood disorders, and anemia and all were negative. I was looking up some info on vitamins and found a vitamin K deficiency can cause bruising. According to Fitday.com I am not getting nearly enough of it, even with a multi-vitamin.
    Laura

20 Off Before TBall Season! (March)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I noticed more bruises on my legs and arms too. But then I realized, I would hit myself on the weight or elliptical machines, like bump my leg as I got off a machine, not hard, so I would forget about it. Then the next day or two, notice the huge bruise.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I noticed more bruises on my legs and arms too. But then I realized, I would hit myself on the weight or elliptical machines, like bump my leg as I got off a machine, not hard, so I would forget about it. Then the next day or two, notice the huge bruise.

Photos
    View albums

I am so glad this topic came up! I have been noticing some extra bruises here and there and the strangest one is on my big toe! When I started taking phen, almost a month ago, I noticed a blue line at the base of my left big toenail! I couldn't figure out what it was, but have been thinking that it is some type of bruise, but it doesn't hurt at all...
    I started Phen on 12/16/05, weighing in at 261 lbs, my highest weight ever-even higher than when I was pregnant.
    6/2-Starting Phen again at 254 lbs

I am 5'6", 27 years old
    261 12/16/05
    244 1/16/06
    254 6/2/06

GW 160 or maybe less, depending on what looks good!
    Mini goal-Onderland!

12/16/05 261lbs

1/27/06

JUNE 2006 STARTING OVER-Tired of looking like a MOO COW!

(swimming with my daughter Emily, on the right, and her friend Jaleigh-I look at those thighs and think "Are those really mine? They can't be!")

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Bruising

I have bruising that seems to follow the vein on my right arm and on my left wrist it looks like someone grabbed me but no one did. I am also having tingling/burning sensation in the bicep and shoulders. And shortness of breath. anyone else?

Photos
    View albums

I bruise very easily while on Phen, but it has never been to the point where I am concerned about it. I take good vitamins, so I know I am not deficient, I just see much more bruising. It tends to fade when I go off Phen. I know Phen is not meant for long term use, so I would think as long as it goes away when you go off, it's just a side effect.
    I have rid myself of 80lbs as of August 2010. Some with Phen, some without.
    1st time on Phen: SW230 EW 200
    2nd time on Phen: SW202 Current weight:161

My Wedding, Sept 4th, 2010 160 Pounds!

The old me....and the new me!!

Highest weight:250 Current weight:166

Photos
    View albums

I am so glad I saw this thread, I too have bruises come out of nowhere. I kept thinking that I can't be bumping myself that much and not know it. Although sometimes I am pretty unaware of doing it.
    I have them all over my body!

Silver Phenster clintswifeymomof4's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I bruise easily as it is, but now- I look like I'm a battered wife! I am doing my internship at the high school where my husband is the assistant principal... I am so self conscious b/c I have a huge bruise on my arm right above my wrist that looks like someone grabbed me. I think I hit it on a door like 2 weeks ago and it finally turned into a bruise that just kept getting darker as the days went by. The majority of my bruises are all over my legs but I've been wearing pants to cover them. Hope it gets better soon!
    Nikki ~ Mom of 5 ages 8, 8, 5, 2, and 2 months
    10/07/09: 196 lbs Pre-Preg Weight
    07/07/10: 217 lbs Gave Birth
    08/07/10: 185.9 lbs Started Phen
    09/29/10: 164.0 lbs 7.5 weeks on Phen
    10/22/10: 163.0 lbs (After 3 week break from Phen)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter