Close
    Bronze Phenster sparklenshine22's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Question Xanax & Phentermine

Just wondering if anyone else takes both Xanax and phentermine?

I do not take the Xanax very often, but the dr gave it to me because I let things build up and then get so angry and then every little thing seems to make me mad and annoy me so he gave me the Xanax to take to calm me down.

He prescribed the Xanax during my 3 months off my phentermine, and this past Friday I asked him if I could go back on the phentermine and he agreed.

So now I have both.

Let me know if anyone else takes both. I haven't done that yet. But I know with this so called "phen rage" that we all get it could be very helpful.

Visit my husband's ship watching blog at:
    http://theshipwatcher.blogspot.com

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183
    Up 10lbs since May, but that is all my fault. Summer food, a new boat, and not working as hectic a schedule and being more lax.

On phentermine from Jan 2 2008 - May 2 2008 and lost 50ish lbs. Was down to 173.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I am not sure about Xanax, but I do know that you can take Lexapro with Phen.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

My doc. has me on both. I haven't tried them together for fear that I will fall over dead! I take my phen in the morning and when I need a xanax, I try to wait till at night. So far, that has worked out okay for me.

Photos
    View albums

Back in April when i first started phen, We had this stupid Earthquake here and I could not stop shaking and I was on Edge, I could not take it anymore.
    I called Walgreens Pharm and they told me it was ok to take one, and that they could be taken together.
    If I was you I would do the same. Call where you had the med's filled and just ask just to make sure.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am almost finished with nursing school and I want to tell you do not take the Xanax when every you want because it takes 3-4 weeks to get in your system. I am on Prozac and I take these at the same time in the morning. If the Xanax is making you sleepy during the day you can take it every night. If taking them both together or not and your heart starts to do adnormal beats stop taking the phen and contact your doctor. The Xanax and Prozac are from the same class of drug and you should be ok taking them together.

Photos
    View albums

I know of a lot of people that take xanax whenever they need it. They don't have to take it every day. It works for them. I mean I've never taken one and I don't know what the bottle says or what the doc told them to do, but I know they take it whenever they need it and it works fine. Now, prozac does need to be taken everyday for it to work. My mom is taking it, so I do know that.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by SStanley1009 View Post
    I am almost finished with nursing school and I want to tell you do not take the Xanax when every you want because it takes 3-4 weeks to get in your system. I am on Prozac and I take these at the same time in the morning. If the Xanax is making you sleepy during the day you can take it every night. If taking them both together or not and your heart starts to do adnormal beats stop taking the phen and contact your doctor. The Xanax and Prozac are from the same class of drug and you should be ok taking them together.
    I agree with sassy, the Prozac need time to get into the system, I had to take these for Postpartum Dep. and then after I had Heart Faluire.
    The xanax is NOT TO BE TAKEN everyday, It can become a habit. Xanax is for anxiety and prozac is for depression.

I think the best advice would be to contact your Doc.

Photos
    View albums

I take Xanax 2x daily(supposed to take it 3x a day) with my phen and don't have any problems. Sometimes I take them at the same time, other days I wait an hour in between...only because one is an 'upper' and the other is a 'downer'.

Photos
    View albums

I have been on wellburton and phen for 3 months. Occasionally when anxiety builds up, the dr. has prescribed me xanax. I have not had any problems when i have taken them all at the same time. I have never had a problem with xanax getting me drowsy, therefore it doesnt matter what time of the day i take it. But i do agree with Love and Sassy to contact your doctor.

Photos
    View albums

I take 1/2 of the 37.5 phen in the morning, mutli-vitamin and calcium mid-morning, another calcium mid-afternoon and 1/2 Xanax before bed. No problems at all! I sleep like a baby for the first time in years, I rarely feel that lovely flush of rage coming on (except during the occasional PMS week), and life is happy.

I do detox slowly from both the phen and Xanax every couple of months due to possible dependency issues. My doctor did not suggest that I do this, but he has no objections to it. It's rough and the first 2 or so nights without Xanax I still sleep but I have very macabre dreams. Weird!

Photos
    View albums

Default Xanax user

I takes xanax every night before I go to bed for two years. It is for my anxiety. I takes phen two months. I have no problem with it. I sleeps like a baby! (I am deaf so no sound disturbing me at all!)

What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!