Close
    Photos
    View albums
    Hello All

I got this diet from a friend of mine and thought I would share it with all of you. A hospital in my area uses it for people who are trying to lose weight.

Here it goes...

The Diet works on Chemical Breakdown and is proven. Do not vary or substitute any of the foods. Salt and Pepper may be used, but no other seasonings. Where no quantity is given, therefore no restrictions, other than common sense. This diet is to be used 3 days at a time. In 3 days, you will lose 10 pounds. After 3 days of dieting you can eat normal lowfat foods, but do not over do it. After 4 days, start back on your 3 days diet. Alternating 3 days on and 4 days off. You can lose up to 40 pounds in one month if you stick to this diet.

Day 1

Breakfast
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 slice of toast
    2 tsp peanut butter

Lunch
    1/2 cup tuna
    1 slice of toast

Dinner
    3oz any meat
    1 cup string beans
    1 cup beets
    1 small apple
    1 cup vanilla ice cream

2nd Day

Breakfast
    1 egg
    1 slice of toast
    1/2 bananana

Lunch
    1 cup cottage cheese
    5 saltines

Dinner
    2 hot dogs
    1 cup broccoli
    1/2 cup carrots
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast
    5 saltine crackers
    1 slice of cheddar cheese
    1 small apple

Lunch
    1 hard boiled egg
    1 slice of toast

Dinner
    1 cup of tuna
    1 cup of beets
    1 cup of cauliflower
    1/2 cantaloupe
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Coffee, Tea and WAter allowed at all meals

Well thats the diet..good luck to any of you who try it. I am still deciding if I am going too.

Jessica :heartpump:
    Im back at this agian....I just had a little boy on 1/14/08 and now need to get this pregnancy weight off I have lost 27lbs so far since giving birth but have a whole lot more to go.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hey, Thanks for sharing! It doesnt seem like it would be that bad because the food isn't bad at all. I don't eat eggs but maybe I could try to down one. I think I may try this soon!
    Lucy

Photos
    View albums

You know Lucy I was thinking the same thing about the beets and grapefruit but I guess I could choke them down. I thought maybe do it every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I havent decided though...

Jessica
    Im back at this agian....I just had a little boy on 1/14/08 and now need to get this pregnancy weight off I have lost 27lbs so far since giving birth but have a whole lot more to go.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I would do it, this sounds reasonable, however since my dad moved in with us last year (he hasn't worked in 2 years) he cooks every evening (in exchange for us paying the bills he cooks and babysits, no cleaning though lol). So we always have great meals, but maybe I could ask him not to cook for 3 days. lol

Photos
    View albums

This actually doesn't sound THAT bad.....10 pounds would be worth for 3 days. Maybe I will give it a whirl in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the post

HW 180
    SW 178 07/06 started Phen
    CW 173 07/13 -5
    CW 170 07/20 -3
    CW 168 07/27 -2
    CW 166.5 08/03 -1.5
    CW 161 08/10 -5.5
    CW 160 08/31 -1
    GW 135 TOTAL -18.0

"If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain"

Photos
    View albums

Sheena,
    I would love to have someone come cook all my meals in trade for room and board lol. Plus having a dependable sitter is always good!

Wish you luck!

Jessica

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Tuna? Is that plain tuna? No mayo or anything? That doesn't sound yummy. I don't know if I could handle that. I haven't been doing bread or saltines, and certainly not ice cream or hot dogs, so I doubt I will try this one. But thanks for the info.

Rosie

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My father got this diet from his doctor. He lost 35 pounds in one month. It worked really well. He did walk for exercise everyday for 30 minutes though.

Thanks for posting. It reminded me of the success he had. I might give it a whirl.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

As much as it's nice to have meals cooked for us, it's very stressful to have someone living off of you. He is completely dependant. He plays computer games all day when he's not watching baby, never looks for a job. He does a great job watching our son, our son adores him. He is a great cook, however I hate the feeling of "have to be home by 6 for dinner" and the constant nagging of "well when we had you we did this" or "the baby shouldn't be out that late".. cr@p. It drives me insane... lol.. it's really stressful on our marriage, but hopefully he'll get a job soon. I have reliable daycare for my son, but my dad gives me the guilt trip of "it's my turn" lol..

Photos
    View albums

The calories seem really low - I'm wondering if weight loss is more from the calorie restriction than a "chemical breakdown". I can't stick to any diet that plans my meals out like that anyway.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Sheena,

How old is your dad? Does he know you want or expect him to be looking for work? Can you set a time limit? Something like, dad we are going to enroll the baby back in daycare on (whatever date you choose) maybe 4-6 weeks would be good, that gives him enough time to look but not so much time that he doesn't bother starting looking yet. I think you must set an exact deadline though, in my experience, people don't do things they don't want to unless they have no other choice, for the most part. If you want him working tell him outright "we want you to get a job", that should give you plenty of time to find one. You might add something like "we think this is the best way to make us living together work for all of us". He needs to be told that you love him, but the way things are just isn't working for you and your family. Maybe he will play the-you don't want me around guilt trip thing, I don't know, but don't fall for that, you want him around, but no matter how much you want someone around, everyone needs time to themselves, and a married couple needs time for just them. It is a matter of respecting your needs, not just taking care of his needs. You and your husdband set the rules for your child, and yourselves, if you don't want to be home you don't have to, no matter what time it is. You could say we would like you to cook mon, wed, and fri, (for example)and we will be there for dinner and eat together, then the other nights you fend for yourselves, you and your husband may want to go out, or stay in and make something the 2 of you can go off and eat by yourselves, whatever time you want, maybe in your bedroom, heck picnic on the lawn or porch or whatever, let it be known that those are your private nights. You could make some of them just the 2 of you and some you 2 and your baby. However you set it up, it should be your rules, your house and respect you and your husband and your needs.

I obviously don't know your dad or your situation, so there may be many factors that make my ideas completely inappropriate. I had a situation sort of like yours, not a parent, but not easy to deal with for sure. PM me anytime if you want to chat.

Rosie

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    Yes, the tuna in the diet is just plan tuna, nothing on it.

3 day diet

I did this "diet" at least 10 yrs ago. Can't recal losing weight. And there is a list of foods that you can innerchange, I'd have to do a search to locate it. Anyone can lose up to 10 pounds doing this diet or anyother that drastically reduces cals.

I guess if rapid loss is what youre looking for, then you could give this plan a try. My goal is 1200 cals and no more than 1300, and this plan comes no where near that.

Good luck to those giving it a shot
    Andie

HW 262
    CW 220

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Rosalie,

My dad is almost 48 years old. He worked at a company for 22 years before they got sold. He's been looking for work and he was supposed to have a job by now. His move was only temperary. Now it seems almost never ending. He's very stubborn, arrogant and down right rude. But to be honest, he's just lonely. He's been divorced from my mom for 19 years and never found anyone else. All he has is our dog. Now he has our son to feel less lonely. He's quite depressed, but doesn't have medical insurance. I've begged him to get medicaid, but he won't go down and get it! I purchased him eye and dental insurance because he hadn't been in years, finally he went. But I can't afford to get him medical insurance. It's just a huge mess, he's very unmotivated. Thanks for the input, but it probably won't work. I set up a calander for him (so he know when we had plans, and we didn't have to tell him) but heaven forbid our plans change and we're home or we're not. For god's sake's it's our house.. ok.. so off of my soapbox now..

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Jessica, thanks for the tip. I did this diet 2 or 3 times, and lost 8 pounds in 3 days. Kept it off too for a coupla months. It is, like someone said, low in calories, but I liked it.

Missus

Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.

-Nadia Comaneci

Photos
    View albums

I found this diet on the internet last year. I did a search for 'fad diets' and this one came up. I tried to stick with. I did good until the night of day 2 (I know, I know one more day). I don't remember if I lost anything, but I didn't cheat. I do remember having a headache the first day though. If you search '3 day diet' you could read on it. I think there is some forum or something similar that comes up. I think you could add mustard and fresh lemon to the tuna. I'll see what I can find and TRY to put it up, if I can figure it out.

Photos
    View albums

Sorry everyone I didnt know it was a fad diet. I just got the info from my friend. I am sure lots of people have lost weight on it if they can stick with it.

I am going to stick to what I am doing now and if I get in a plateau (worst than I am ) then maybe I'll give it a try.

Jessica

Photos
    View albums

I found this on f a d d i e t . c o m
    I'm just going to put the instructions since Jessica put the rest up already...

"3 day diet"
    Instructions:

Drink 4 glasses of water or diet soda per day.

You can add herbs, salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy sauce, mustard & ketchup to your foods.

I added mustard and lemon to my tuna when I tried this and I thought it was good, well okay. I usually put light mayo, relish and mustard. I buy the starkist albacore low sodium in water. It looks fresher than the regular tuna in water. It also has a little bit less of just about everything(cals, fat, sod., etc.). It is a little dry though, but I can eat it plain straight out the can and it isn't that bad.

There is another diet that I find isn't that hard to follow either. I does a bit longer though, I think 12 days, but I am not sure. Let me see if I can find something..... I don't know if they will bleep this out or not, but I'll try

http://www.cybersoulsisters.com/diet/diet.html

good luck!!!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default No More Stinkin Thinkin

I dont consider The Saint Joseph's Hospital Diet , a fad diet. It is a way to naturally and safely get off a few pounds. The whole idea is, to get rid of your bad eating habits.

When going out to eat:

Split your food in half, and ask for a take out container prior to you starting to eat

Order low fat items, Get your veggies steamed or grilled. Avoid fried foods as much as possible, and for go the desserts.

Remember, the older you get the harder it is to keep the weight off due to your metabolism slowing down., or screaching to a halt! LOL

Be safe, be wise, be healthy....

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default NO DIET DRINKS

Someone posted it was ok to drink diet sodas. IT IS NOT!! Diet sodas have proven to cause weight retention or gain, and the artificial sweeteners are very bad for you because your body doesnt know how to process them. Avoid ASPARTAME at ALL COSTS. My sister was a diabetic and drank diet sodas with aspartame, and it caused her potassium to plummet thus making her heart stop.. THE FDA blatantly lies about Aspartame being perfectly safe for diabetics! IT ISNT SAFE FOR ANYONE! Ask those that lost loved ones, or had their health ruined.. Aspartame messed me up badly, and altered my short term memory. The FDA was paid to lie about aspartame as they LIED about saccharin being unsafe. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

Photos
    View albums

Ive tried that diet years ago, and it works for very quick weight loss. I wouldn't recommend it for long term obviously. Of all the fad diets I tried, I prefer is The Cabbage Soup Diet for a quick fix.

Cabbage Soup Recipe

* 6 large green onions
    * 2 green peppers
    * 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
    * 3 Carrots
    * 1 Container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
    * 1 bunch of celery
    * half a head of cabbage
    * 1 package Lipton soup mix
    * 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon (optional)
    * 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
    * Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc.

Directions:

Slice green onions, put in a pot and start to saute with cooking spray.

Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take the seeds and membrane out. Cut the green-pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.

Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.

Clean carrots, cut into bite size pieces, and add to pot.

Slice mushrooms into thick slices, add to pot.

If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper now.

You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. These have all the salt and flavors you will need.

Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time - two hours works well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Day One:
    Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two:
    Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:
    Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.

Day Four:
    Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:
    Beef And Tomatos: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomtoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef one one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:
    Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart's content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:
    Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9