Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EatingToBethin08

Thread: Just to share, not to scare - Lipo Shots (adenosine)

Photos
    View albums

Default Just to share, not to scare - Lipo Shots (adenosine)

Posted this elsewhere.... but just wanted to share after i researched adenosine aka lipo shots from weight loss clinics

---------------------------------------------------------------

adenosine "lipo" shot effects

the lipo shots are adenosin monophosphate. And i am actually refusing them from my weight loss doc.

I have spoke to my pharma, my doc, and a chemist at my job and a few other whacky scientist at my job. And babynurse i was gonna post this in your other thread about your weight loss stall/gain.

Adenosine is give to cancer patients to spead up the rate of cell change to create new and healthy cells. But it also speeds up everything else (hence the weight loss).
    Now here comes the bad part....

1. if injected the wrong way, to fast, or to much can cause heart arythmia (sp)

2. Speeding up organs natural production or disposal can cause organ damage, improprer function, or failure (hence the insta diareha after the fat)

3. Once you stop the shots, the generated cells will die off quicker as they were, premature in a way. Your organs will have difficulty getting back on track without the speed and may not function properly.

4. The "extra" weight is going to bounce right back when stoping or delaying your shots.

Of course, this is all medical "advice" from the people i consultated and each individual is different... but these are the "common" side effects. Just google the stuff or at least for me.... just find more info on it on your own.

I say...just stick with the vitamin shot minus the adenosine.

Hope that helped a little
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hey all! I just wanted to throw my two cents in......

Adenosine: please stay away! I am a RN and this is what we give to patients when the are crashing. It is given as a fas IV push in a sense to kick start the heart. The heart rate would rise rapidly to rates sometimes exceeding 200 bpm. I think that we are all doing what we can with diet, excercise and a little help from phen.

Heather
    SW 11/28 188
    CW 3/24 160

Photos
    View albums

Thanks Queen Jane!!!!

Photos
    View albums

wow I thought taking phen was bad enough but that just sounds crazy! No weight loss is worth doing that to your body.

Bronze Phenster EatingToBethin08's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Default This is what I was told........

Our lipitrophic injections contain a vitamin and supplement blend which plays an important role in the body's use of fat. Additionally, this product is very successful in increasing energy in patients on a low calorie diet.

Lipotropic nutrients are compounds that enhance liver function and increase the flow of fats and bile from the liver and gallbladder. By definition, a lipotropic substance decreases the deposit, or speeds up the removal of fat (lipo=fat, tropic=stimulate) within the liver. They aid in transporting fat in the blood stream, which can lower bad cholesterol and remove fats in the liver.

Various types of liver damage, including alcohol-related hepatitis, appear to benefit from liver-soothing lipotropic combinations.

Key Amino Acids for excessive deposition of fat

Choline supports the health of the liver in its processing and excretion of chemical waste products within the body. Moreover, it is required for the transport and metabolism of fats and cholesterol within the body, which is important for the healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular and hepatic systems.

Methione is one of the sulfur-containing amino acids (cysteine and cystine are others) and is important for many bodily functions. It acts as a lipotropic agent to prevent excess fat buildup in the liver and the body, is helpful in relieving or preventing fatigue and may be useful in some cases of allergy because it reduces histamine release.

Inositol, a nutrient belonging to the B vitamin complex, is closely related to choline. It aids in the metabolism of fats and helps reduce blood cholesterol. Inositol participates in action of seratonin, a neurotransmitter known to control mood and appetite
    Carol

1-4-08 SW 238 started phen
    1-12 CW 226
    1-19 CW 222
    1-26 CW 218
    2-2 CW 218
    2-9 CW 216
    2-16 CW 212
    2-23 CW 212

Photos
    View albums

Regardless of what is mixed with your adenosine - which is whats in your shot... Its a dangerous chemical. If life was a simple as a shot to rid weight loss... it would be fda approved for exactly that, but its not.

If you have that many things working on your liver - it runs right back to the .. organ overstimulation and what can happen after that. And the after effects when your no longer pumping the crap out of your liver.

In my opinion, its just not worth it.

Photos
    View albums

Mine don't have adenosine in them. Mine are amino acids with B12 and Vitamin C. I know better than to take adenosine. Scary stuff....unless you're coding (like QueenJane said) I asked about it specifically before I started them.
    Last edited by babynurse06; February 28th, 2008 at 10:57 PM.

1st Mini Goal - 25 lbs met 3/17/08

Bronze Phenster EatingToBethin08's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Default babynurse06

I'm thinking mine are probably the same as yours......I'm going to make a call today to my Doc's office and double check..........I honestly can't even tell any difference when I receive the shot(3 in 1--b6 b12 and lipo) but I do take them on grounds of advice...........so we'll see, but I will say this, If there is something in there that would do long term damage to any of my organs I wouldn't take the lipo but in the same breathe I feel like being overweight and eating junk and getting bogged down would be about as bad for my organs.......double edged sword I think, anyway, thanks for the info and I will check this out.......I hope you all are having a great day and I'm still excited about the Vegas trip........
    BackToMe likes this.
    Carol

1-4-08 SW 238 started phen
    1-12 CW 226
    1-19 CW 222
    1-26 CW 218
    2-2 CW 218
    2-9 CW 216
    2-16 CW 212
    2-23 CW 212

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Okay... on the internet I see these injections are available through delightmedical.com and mydietsolutions.com ..... the first doesn't offer an add in of myodin (at least it doesn't specifically say) and the other does have the option... Is anyone familiar with the folks at these places... It sounds like those of you on them are pretty happy with the results... have you actually seen a reduction of fat in those hard to get to areas?
    SW 02/28/08 199lbs Started Phen
    CW 3/6/08 196 LBS (TOTAL LOST -3lbs
    CW 3/13/08 191.8 LBS (TOTAL LOST - 4.2lbs)
    CW 3/20/08 [COLOR="Red"]190[/COLOR]LBS (TOTAL LOST -1.8 )
    CW 3/27/08 188.2 LBS (Total Lost-1.8)
    CW 4/03/08 188.6 LBS (Total Gained .4) Goal of 179 Not MET 1ST 10%
    CW Goal 4/10/08 183 LBS (total Lost 5.2)
    cwGoal 5/22/08 179LBS (Total Lost)