Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

hi all! I have been on Phen for about 2 months now, and I have lost 20 pounds. When I started on Phen, I started with a prescription that I had from about a year ago (that I had left over after falling off the wagon). The script wasn't old and wasn't expired. Anyway, it was 37.5 mgs and it served the purpose, although it made me feel a little anxious and I was biting my nails like a crazy woman! Plus, near the end of the script I was getting to where I was STARVED by 4 in the afternoon. I was beginning to feel like the overall effectiveness was wearing off. When the old meds ran out and I started with the new meds, it was crazy the way I was effected. The new script (same 37.5 mgs) doesnt make me bite my nails and I have to force myself to eat. I sometimes get busy and it will be nearly 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I realize that I havent had anything to eat all day. The only difference I can find in the meds is a different manufacturer. Am I crazy, or have others noticed that different manufactures pills have different effectivenss???

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I think it might just be you. Especially if it's still the 37.5 dosage. Even if it comes from a different manufacture they don't put anything different in it. Since it really hasn't been that long since you were on it your body may be already adjusted to it still.
    Either way good luck on your weightloss adventure!!

SW- 244 9/26
    CW- 239 9/28
    CW- 236 9/30
    CW- 233 10/3
    Did not lose for 30 days cuz I had a 30 day cycle 10/6-11/5
    CW- 226 11/10
    CW- 224 11/18
    CW- 221 11/22
    CW- 221 11/22 Started cycle again
    CW- 221 11/28 still on cycle no loss No bloating tho!
    CW- 221 12/3 I stopped my cycle could this my start again
    CW- 220 12/4 Yeah!!!
    CW- 219.2 12/5 thats what I like...
    CW- 217.00 2/11 YEE HAAA
    CW- 216.2 12/13
    CW- 215.00 12/15
    CW- 214.8 12/17
    CW- 213.00 12/18
    CW- 213.00 12/22TMO feeling stopped Phen
    CW- 213.00 12/30 No TMO back to Phen
    CW- 211.00 1/3/07 TMO feeling (grrr)
    CW-209.00 1/4/07 ERRRRR TOM happened...
    CW-209.00 1/8/07 started Protein shake and Burn 60 no Phen
    CW-207.2 1/9/07 even on TOM
    Jan 29,2007 stopped Phen
    CW- 191
    CW- 189 3/30/07
    4/4/07 Starting Phen again today!!

GW- 190 met!!!
    2nd GW 170 by May 30, 2007

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Could you tell me whats inscribed in the pills?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I definitely feel different. I took the brand name Adipex the first time, and now I am taking generic (stamped with A-159). Although it is still working for my appetite, I feel completely different. On the brand name, I felt really happy and upbeat - head in the clouds. This time I feel more depressed, and lathargic. I am not sure why.
    My Dr. recommended that for best absorption, to take the phen on an empty stomach in the morning, and not to eat for 30-60 mins after I took it, that way, it lasts longer because it is more fully absorbed. I take mine at 7 am when I get to work, and eat fruit for breakfast, and it pretty much lasts til I go to sleep.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by KaitlinRae:
    Could you tell me whats inscribed in the pills?
    It is a white oval pill with blue specks and it looks like it says M 278...but I'm squinting to read it, so it might be M 273????

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ive heard similar concerns from people I know taking phen.. even with the same imprint codes, just a different ** that they are weaker pills..
    I take the A159 as well, and I feel them working.. I wonder if your body is getting used to them or you need a different dosage?

On this site on the top toolbar "phen info" then the pull down menu "phen types" will list the different imprint codes and the manufacturer..
    HTH!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am discussing this with alot of people on another forum. We all bought from the same places, and they are the A159 white with Blue specs from Amide. The MP273 is very good. These A159 are not right at all. They had a totally opposite effect than the others from the month before. I am hungry all day on these, and feel like crap, where the others, i was all happy also, and super energetic. I don't know why it is such a huge difference when they are all supposed to have a certain amount of the main ingredient, unless they are older, or something. All i know is that they are not good at all, and this company has had problems in the past with quality issues. They had a major recall last year.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Interesting -
    I wonder if a manufacturer or lab could make a weaker pill, and put the same imprint code on it as another manufacturer? is that possible? wouldnt that violate some sort of law or copywrite law or something? LOL! It seems so far fetched but then not so as there are lots of scammers out there.
    Could your body need another form of phen? like say the capsule instead of the tablet? or the lower dosage but taken twice a day?
    I might search around online and see what I can find...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

the only thing I could find when searching online were old forum posts from this site that Phentermine left people hungry and no feeling of the pills, but then switched to Phendimetrazine (Bontril) and those effect went away and they were happy with those pills.... so it must be more of what type of diet pill works for what type of need your body has?
    I dont know...

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by swankybabes:
    Ive heard similar concerns from people I know taking phen.. even with the same imprint codes, just a different ** that they are weaker pills..
    I take the A159 as well, and I feel them working.. I wonder if your body is getting used to them or you need a different dosage?

On this site on the top toolbar "phen info" then the pull down menu "phen types" will list the different imprint codes and the manufacturer..
    HTH!
    I searched thru the database of imprint codes, and I can't find mine in there. I'm assuming that maybe ALL of the different phen pills aren't listed??? Have others here taken the white pill with blue speacks with imprint M278??? And is there a place on the prescription label where I can tell who the manufacturer is?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Weena,
    It is MP273. They are very good.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

the bottle I have that was ordered online, doesnt have any codes on it... however, the bottle I have from an old Dr script and filled at a retail pharmacy does have the imprint code on the side of the label along with a desciption of what the pills look like...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

my husband just had a good thought - - he wondered if online pharms shop around with the different manufacturers to get the best price so you might get one brand one time, and the next order get another brand..

makes sense I suppose! LOL!

I just cant imagine that it would be that easy to imprint real codes onto a fake pill without getting shut down - YKWIM? I can see sending a fake pill without any codes...but to use a real code? maybe I am to trusting.. LOL!

I wonder if you took your ** to a local pharm and asked them to verify it might make you feel better...

I also wonder how one brand is different than the other brand when they are the same main drug and the same dosage??? Is it like buying name brand ketchup vs the cheap nasty house brand ketchup? LOL!!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

sorry for all the posts here! LOL!

I just searched 'MP273 Pill Id" online...
    This pill is PHENTERMINE HCL 37.5MG
    a generic version of Adipex-P
    Imprint Code: MP 273
    Description WHITE W/ BLUE SPECKS SCORED OVAL TAB
    searched "A159 pill id"....(there were two)
    Imprint Code: A159
    Drug: Phentermine Hydrochloride
    Strength: 37.5mg
    Manufacturer: Superior - Qualitest - United Res
    Description: White With Blue Specks - Tablet

Imprint Code: A159
    Drug: Phentermine Hydrochloride
    Strength: 37.5mg
    Manufacturer: Adipex - Amide
    Description: White With Blue Specks - Oval - Tablet

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by kess90:
    Weena,
    It is MP273. They are very good.
    You're right! I finally got out the magnifying glass and had another look. The "P" is all up on the "M", so it was hard to see. I'm just blind.... Thank you.