Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question Throat tightening, Lump in the throat feeling?

I have been having some problems with a feeling like a large lump in my throat, and a reoccurring tightening in my throat that actually hurts and makes me feel like I can't breath even though I can. When this happens, I feel like I have forgotten how to swallow, like my throat is locked into position.

I was having some swallowing issues, occasionally "forgetting" how to swallow before Phen, but nothing this bad. I don't want to be too quick to blame the Phentermine since this could be totally unrelated.

I thought it might be from dehydration or something, but I am drinking more than enough. I read it could be anxiety, but if anything I am less anxious and more relaxed and level minded than I ever have been.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? In relation to Phen or otherwise? I know I could (and should) ask my doctor, but I don't want to offer up any reason to go off Phen if I do not absolutely have to.
    Highest Weight- June '06: 225 lbs.
    By June 07' Lost down to- 165 lbs.
    By Dec. 07 GAINED back to 187 lbs.
    Started Phen 12/17/07 at 187 lbs.
    Current Weight: 138 lbs.
    Goal: 135 lbs. ?< Lowered my goal because I THINK I CAN.
    Time to drop my goal again? I am thinking about 130lbs.... dare I?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I have had a strange feeling in my throat but it is more like it feels as if it is sticking and I need to drink more. And this is from when I started taking phen. Now my mother has c/o the same feeling you are having but she found out she has a hiatal hernia and yogurt and nuts set it off... read up on it see if it sounds the same for you. But you had some problems before you started phen so I would think I am not a dr. only and LVN but I would think it is not phen but maybe it is not helping the matter..be sure to talk with your Dr. about this. Good Luck it looks like you have done woderful on your weight loss. I will be there soon.....

To lengthen your life, shorten your meals

SW-252 1/19/08
    CW-239 2/02/08
    CW-237 2/07/08 My first weigh in with the doc..
    CW-235 2/14/08
    CW-231 2/24/08
    CW-229.5 3/1/08

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Tea View Post
    I have been having some problems with a feeling like a large lump in my throat, and a reoccurring tightening in my throat that actually hurts and makes me feel like I can't breath even though I can. When this happens, I feel like I have forgotten how to swallow, like my throat is locked into position.

I was having some swallowing issues, occasionally "forgetting" how to swallow before Phen, but nothing this bad. I don't want to be too quick to blame the Phentermine since this could be totally unrelated.

I thought it might be from dehydration or something, but I am drinking more than enough. I read it could be anxiety, but if anything I am less anxious and more relaxed and level minded than I ever have been.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? In relation to Phen or otherwise? I know I could (and should) ask my doctor, but I don't want to offer up any reason to go off Phen if I do not absolutely have to.
    Well ... what about getting another doctor? Just one for this throat complaint?
    I can relate about leary of getting your phen taken away.
    I have a tightness in my esophagus (hurts to swallow) and it's because of a hiatel hernia, I have it stretched 2x's a year.
    The swallowing got worse with time and I ended up in emergency room. It's worth getting checked out.
    Good luck!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for your replies ladies. This is still being a problem, so I might end up just asking the doctor about it. I only have about 5 weeks left on Phen before my check up.. I have no idea if he will give it to me again or not. Maybe I will try to wait it out and ask at that appointment.
    Highest Weight- June '06: 225 lbs.
    By June 07' Lost down to- 165 lbs.
    By Dec. 07 GAINED back to 187 lbs.
    Started Phen 12/17/07 at 187 lbs.
    Current Weight: 138 lbs.
    Goal: 135 lbs. ?< Lowered my goal because I THINK I CAN.
    Time to drop my goal again? I am thinking about 130lbs.... dare I?

Photos
    View albums

Not sure of the timeline of this. Is this recent? If so, it could be strep. There's lots of crud going around right now and maybe you've caught something.
    If it's a pill problem, try making sure you drink half a glass of water when you take a pill. You may not be getting it down all the way.

Photos
    View albums

WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER IS THE ANSWER
    SW: 8-06-07 167.3 SIZE 12

CW: 8-29-07 160.0 (The Apple Detox ! )
    DOWN 7 POUNDS!

10-11-07 152.6
    11-06-07 148.6
    1-16-08 143.6
    2-7-08 140.3
    NEW GOAL 130

mini GW-150
    GW:145

BEFORE 7-27-07

Photos
    View albums

I am not saying this to scare you but you really need to talk to your doctor about it. It could be several different things all of which should be checked out. Chances are, it's not Phen related.

Photos
    View albums

I had the lump in my throat feeling the first few days on phen. I no longer have it. I would be really careful about the throat closing up kind of thing, because that can mean you are going anaphylactic which could happen if you are allergic to phen. Tell your doctor about it.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........