Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs down Best Phen substitute/replacement?

Hi - What do people use when their doctor will no longer prescribe Phentermine? I lost 70 ilbs in 9 months last year, want to lose 20 more to reach goal. What over the counter is most like Phen? I hate to stop losing now but doctor is conservative about total time on Phen. Looking for product for appetite suppression and high energy feeling. Was taking 37.5 mg of Phen 1 x day. Thanks for any info!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi Jazzy, I have stop taking phen for almost weeks now. I whent to Vitamin ****** and bought Metabo-drene, Its really working for me,Its suppress my apettite no jittery, no side effects none, alot of energy, they have two kind I got the one with advantra-z . need more info pm me.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Jazzy - 70lbs is fantastic ... Congrats on your accomplishment.

I know that last 10-20lbs is a bear. But you've come so hard ... you can DO it!

Please post a "How I did it" Thread one day - I'm sure it would be motivational.

Good luck!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Default PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PLEASE Post a how you did it! You started near my weight and your goal is my goal!!! I would love any words of wisdom you could share!

I am sure we all would!
    Lizzie

12/23/07- 224 (15 mg no significant excercise)
    4/11/08 184 (-40) (30 mg and walking, bands) 1/2 WAY THERE!! WOO HOO!!!
    4/25/08 181.2 SLOW MOVING...BUT GAINING MUSCLE!
    Short GW 150 by 6/30/08
    GW 135 by 9/1/08

Photos
    View albums

Hey Jazzy I too lost right at 70 pounds in 9 months. However I didn't take phen the whole time. I have taken it on and off. I tried Miracle Burn as well and it works well too. The most important thing girls is cardio, cardio, cardio and eating fruits, veggies, protein and at least half of your weight in water.

5'6
    SW - 220 3/22/07
    CW - 151 1/13/08
    CW - 150 - GOAL WEIGHT FINALLY MET!!!!!!!!!
    51.75 Inches Lost

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Thanks! Here's how...

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad my results are encouraging! When the phentermine banished my appetite, I became able to use and follow diet tips and techniques learned over a lifetime of battling overweight. Making decisions about what to eat instead of eating for emotional reasons, and putting into play everything at once, were the main reasons I lost the weight. What I mean by everything into play, is that I just did everything I could think of that is supposed to help:

cut portion size (to half of previous for a lot things, to my surprise!)
    walk more
    walk outdoors (mood and metabolism elevator!)
    drink a lot of water, it helps the body metabolize fat
    also there is some evidence that people sometimes mistake being thirsty for being hungry!
    add lemon to your water, delicious, refreshing, and the Vitamin C is good for you
    drink water cold, it speeds weight loss
    drink green tea
    eat green foods
    eat lots of salad
    use metamucil or some kind of fiber pills or product if needed for regularity
    no sugar
    no white flour (turns to sugar)
    Don't eat between meals
    Nothing to eat after dinner (I used to enjoy watching movies on cable and snacking at night)
    Use hot and spicy condiments, it stimulates metabolism (if you like hot foods)
    Use low calorie flavorings to boost food flavor - cinnamon, herbs, spices, mustard, etc. depending on the food - instead of butter, mayo, cheese, syrup, etc.
    Eat smaller, more frequent meals (like Jennie Craig, with their AM and PM snack cakes, only have instead an apple, orange, banana, a handful of blanched almonds, etc)
    Drink hot tea, have hot soup - hot, liquid foods seem to soothe and comfort internally and make me feel more satisfied, more aware that I have eaten something.
    Have a bowl of canned or homemade soup for dinner (plus a small salad, a small wheat roll, a piece of fruit) Soup is low calorie, nutritious, comforting, satisfying, and comes in a lot of flavors for variety. Check the gourmet soups, Asian, etc. if you like.
    Be aware of emotions and feelings. Anxiety can feel like hunger. Frustration is human, but not a reason to eat. Anger needs to be expressed (appropriately) not drowned with a pound of pasta. Sadness, fear, worry all can trigger eating.
    Use smart self talk - don't think "I'm STARVING!" when feeling hunger, just think neutrally, I am experiencing some hunger pangs, is it time for a meal or snack?
    Use affirmations - "I eat and drink healthfully" or whatever, keep these simple and short, repeat at random.
    Reward yourself with other things than food - a hand lotion break is one way to be nice to yourself for no cost. (Unless you don't have a nice lotion or cream, in which case I would treat myself to some. Burt's Bees Radiance is a favorite of mine - lovely, gentle fragrance and a soft sparkle!)
    If your budget allows, reward yourself with other non food treats - massage, spa time, long week-end, watercolor class, or whatever you enjoy doing that is just for you.
    Be nicer to yourself in general. There is evidence that overweight people tend to be hard on themselves. Praise - thank - congratulate yourself - several times a day - find things to do this about - even the simplest things - "Great job writing that email!" "Excellent preparation for the staff meeting!" "Congratulations you were not late to that appointment!" if that is all you can think of at first, it's a start. So what if seems a little weird, it makes you feel good and you may turn to food to feel good a bit less.
    Celebrate by trying on old favorite clothes that now fit!
    Try on new favorite clothes and buy them! (We have a great re-sale shop so I was more able to indulge this than I would otherwise on this!)
    Dress great every day!
    Smile a lot!
    Download some favorite oldies, play on your computer, iPod, or wherever - get back in touch with who you were back then - if more confident then, relive the feelings. If more confident now, pat yourself on the back and appreciate how far you have come!
    Dance!
    Accept compliments!
    Compliment yourself!
    Look yourself in the eye in the mirror and say, You are fabulous!
    Look yourself in the eye in the mirror and say, I love you! No matter what!
    Give yourself an imaginary (or actual) hug and promise yourself that you are going to eat better and take better care of yourself from now on.
    etc.

Well these are some of the million things I have read over the years (plus a couple that I made up). There are more, and you probably know of many. I just tried to do eveything I had heard of to do, everything I knew about weight loss, not all in the same day of course, but throughout the time I was losing weight.

Last, I must say that last year, I was working at a job 50 hours a week on average and commuting, and now am home full time, and being home is harder for staying on a diet. I'm sure that's one reason why I have not lost the rest of the weight. I also miss the high-energy feeling from the Phentermine.

I hope any of this is helpful.

Hillary said (or repeated, actually, it's an African proverb): It takes a village to raise a child. I think it takes a arsenal to lose weight. It's hard to win just doing one thing, because it has many componentshyscial, psychological, hereditary, hormonal, emotional, environmental, habitual, etc. It became like a game to me, to see how many diet tips and tricks I could do.

Very important - consider having a complete blood test done if you have not had one recently. I read that many women have a hypothyroid condition and are not aware of it. As you probably know, low thyroid activity can cause a tendency to gain/retain weight.

Also important - if you lose a significant amount of weight, medications you may be taking for which the dosage is calculated based on body weight, may need to have the dosage adjusted by your doctor!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

OH MY GOSH!! That was AWESOME!! I printed that out and hung it everywhere!! Thank you so much!