Close
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By seanandsonya
  • 1 Post By *sabrina*

Thread: Walmart Phentermine Price?

Photos
    View albums

Default Walmart Phentermine Price?

Does anyone get their phen prescription filled at Walmart? I was wondering what the price is for 30 days? Thanx
    Dreamingskinnie likes this.
    YUCK!! Day #1

Medi weight loss clinic for 3 weeks
    Now with Dr. Branch/absolutely thin online:

Phentermine 37.5
    prozac 10mg/day

SW 11/29/07-206
    Weigh In 12/07/07-200
    Weigh In 12/15/07-194
    Weigh in 12/21/07-192
    1/2/08--200 christmas/birthday blowout
    GOAL 150

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I get mine from Walmart. It's $21.95 for a month supply.

Photos
    View albums

That is a good price at Walmart. I get mine at Walgreen and the one up the street is priced at $34.99, but the one across the bridge is at $24.99.. so I think next time I'll be at Walmart for the better price. Thanks!
    SW: 271lbs on 10/05/06
    Lost 24lbs on my own took a year to do it.

(Started Phen)
    SW: 247lbs on 11/07/07
    CW: 230lbs on 11/30/07(-17)
    CW: 226lbs on 12/14/07(-4)
    CW: 228lbs on 01/02/08(+2)
    CW: 223lbs on 01/09/08(-5)
    CW: 221lbs on 01/16/08(-2)
    CW: 213lbs on 04/11/08(-8)
    GW: 180lbs

Photos
    View albums

Your very welcome.

Photos
    View albums

Is this for the 37.5 mg pills or the 30mg pills?
    Getskinny11 likes this.

started phen 12.03.07
    SW: 202 11.30.07
    12.21.07 Down 21 Inches and one pant size!!!!
    CW: 195 @ doctor appointment
    CW: 192 @ gym assessment
    mini GW: 174 --- I'll no longer be obese.
    GW: 140

Photos
    View albums

The 37.5mg pills.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Many Pharmacies do price matching...I'm not sure if you are familiar with Costco somewhat similar to Sam's...well i called them up....they have the cheapest prices around....the price was 14.95 for 37.5mg 30 day supply..i then called my pharmacy which is in Kroger's( a grocery store), they honored the Costco price...a real sweet deal!!

Photos
    View albums

Nobody could not pay me to get my PHEN from Walmart again. If you are going for the price($18) then go there, but it did not do anything for me. I would rather pay $30 to $40 and know that I am going to get results.
    LBS_Be_Gone
    SW : 212 October 1, 2007
    CW: 197 November 30, 2007, started apple detox
    CW: 194 December 1,2007, day 2 on apple detox
    CW: 191 December 2,2007, day 3 on apple detox
    CW: 190 December 3, 2007 finish detox (lost 7lb total)
    CW: 193 December 10, 2007 sick this week, no work-out
    CW: 195 The holidays(ate like a pig)
    CW: 188 First weigh-in for the new year (21 day Daniel Fast)

GW: 150 by my anniversary May 5, 2008

Photos
    View albums

Is there a difference between the meds that walmart fills and anywhere else? I was hoping walmart would be cheaper than walgreens. Thank you for all the info.
    YUCK!! Day #1

Phentermine 37.5
    prozac 10mg/day

SW 11/29/07-206
    Weigh In 12/07/07-200
    Weigh In 12/15/07-194
    Weigh in 12/21/07-192
    GOAL 150

Photos
    View albums

I thought all the Phentermine 37.5mg were the same, the little white ones with blue dots. What's the difference?

Photos
    View albums

I take the 30 mg pills.I get mine at Sam's Club for $26.72 a month.My insurance doesn't cover it.

Photos
    View albums

It would depend on your prescription coverage from your insurance. I pay $10.00 for it at any pharmacy.

Photos
    View albums

I had mine filled at WalMart in May, but they were almost as much for 15 tabs as WalGreens is for 30 tablets. I can't remember the Brand/Imprint but here are the ones I have recently filled, I would love to know what other MFG/Imprints there are and how are working?

I have paid this for mine:
    15 Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets $17.09 at CVS (Imprint 50/30)
    15 Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets $21.68 at WalMart

30 Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets $32.99 at CVS (Imprint 50/30)
    Brand: 30 Adipex 37.5 mg tablets $67.99 at CVS

I switched to Walgreens this week when I restarted Phen and paid $24.99/30 - 37.5 mg tablets;
    these are A-159 .

All generics have the same active ingredients, but may vary greatly on inactive ingredients and fillers, brand names have to have the exact amount stated i.e. Brand Adipex is 37.5 mg, Generic Phentermine from Gate may have less fillers or inactive ingredients.

I did a whole article on this when the pharmacist at Walmart argued with my dr that there was no difference but price with Brand/Generics (if you can't find it here - check my tripod site it's listed there under Brand vs. Generics) I was amazed at some of the articles and information about drugs.

Photos
    View albums

WOw, there is so much variation in price. My husband just had his prescription filled at walmart yesterday for generic Phentermine. I get my Phen-d from the clinic I go to so I dont have to go the the pharmacy. But, Im going to try one of the phentermine and see how it differs from what Im taking. Our walmart was $19.00 for 30 days. So how can walmarts be charging different prices everywhere. Is it a difference in the maker of the generic phen?
    LISA-love your tripod site, very inspirational and I enjoyed reading about your journey so far-great job!!
    YUCK!! Day #1

Phentermine 37.5
    prozac 10mg/day

SW 11/29/07-206
    Weigh In 12/07/07-200
    Weigh In 12/15/07-194
    Weigh in 12/21/07-192
    GOAL 150

Photos
    View albums

Man prices are all over the place. I filled my 37.5 at Walmart at the beginning of the month and it was $28.22 for 30 tablets. It was the A-159 generic.

I guess it would be worth while to call around for pricing....lol.

SW (11/27/07) - 331lb
    Dr Visit (12/26/07) - 310 (21 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (01/23/08) - 297 (34 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (02/26/08) - 290.5 (40.5 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (03/26/08) - 283.7 (47.3 lbs lost)
    Dr Visit (04/23/08) - ???

Mark

Photos
    View albums

My label on the bottle says Phentermine Hydrochloride 37.5mg
    The pills have M 273 on them

Does this make a difference????
    SW-295 (2-24)
    CW-280 (3-24)
    CW-277 (4-18)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Last month i got my phen from CVS for 37.50. They were kight blue with dark blue specks. The manufactuer was Qualitest. They worked great I lost 13 pounds and they really controled my hunger. This month I got mine from Kroger for 22.50. They are whitw with blue specks and have A159 on them. They do not work as well. Friday is the end of two weeks and I have only lost 3.5 pounds so far and I actually started taking 1 1/2 pills beause 1 pill wasn't controling my hunger. When I called the pharmacy at CVS they said that they all should be the same. I then called Kroger and he said they have been using these for the past couple of years and nobody else has complained. So, I don't know if my tolerence to them is just building or what, but next time I will pay the higher price at CVS.

Photos
    View albums

Isnt it weird how prices are so different even from city to city close to you? From what I've read & my doctor said, each Manufacturer like Merck; Qualitest etc is different in how they mfg medications.

Generic medications have to have the exact same active ingredients - like our Phen - each pill has to contain a certain # 37.5 mg of Phentermine Hydrochloride and then a certain make up of the inactive ingredients.

Those inactive ingredients is the reason for different pills working differently - each of us have different reactions and interactions with everything so what may affect one person may not another.

Brand medications are the ones that cost the big $$$ because they first got the patent for it; some crazy number like $20million for that patent. When the patent expires, their sister companies or another company then can apply to make the generic medication at a lesser expense to them and us.

Here's some info I have from last year:
    In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that all drugs, whether a brand name drug or a generic drug, meet standards of safety, strength, purity and effectiveness

A drug may be chemically exact but not bioequivalent. In other words, two different products of the same drug may not get into the body in exactly the same way. Bioequivalence depends on how the drug is formulated and how it is absorbed and eliminated by the body.

Other ingredients can affect the absorption of the drug. These include starch fillers, gum-like substances and other products which allow a drug to be formulated into a pill or capsule. Factors such as a person's age, body mass, kidney, liver and intestinal function can also affect the absorption of the drug by the body.

The human body is always changing, and factors such as diet, metabolic rate and hormones can affect how a drug acts in the body. For the most part, these changes are not cause for alarm, but it is important to realize that a person may try the same brand or generic medication and have a different experience at different times. However, in most instances, the generic and brand name drugs are both working in the body.

For more info check out these places:
    http://www.fda.gov/cder/
    http://www.fda.gov/cder/ogd/index.htm
    http://counsellingresource.com/medic.../generics.html

Here's the overview of the law in question that allows these differences:
    http://www.fdli.org/pubs/Journal%20Online/54_2/art2.pdf

Photos
    View albums

Smile I Pay $13 for 30 at Publix

I just joined this forum, and wanted to tell you I get 30 Phentermine 37.5 tablets at Publix Pharmacy for less than $13.

My Doctor's office told me about this online drug discount card at :

www.freedrugcard.us

Photos
    View albums

Uh...Yeah I will NEVER buy my Phen from Wal-Mart again. They are completely worthless! I don't think I will buy the generic brand either, but thats just me. Wal-Mart's manufacturer must not be as good as CVS or Target because they do nothing for me.
    HW-275 in Summer 02
    SW- 230 @ Doc's 9/12/07
    9/13/07-230 Started Phen
    9/20/07- 224.2 WooHoo!!
    9/27/07-222.6 I think I am liking this! YAY!!
    11/5/07-223.2 dangit!! Started Phen again
    11/14/07-221.2

Starting again with pills I had left lol
    3/27/08-216.2 @ home <starting Phen again Doc next week!!>

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I pay $27 at Wal-mart for Adipex 37.5 without using my insurance. I've never gotten them from anyplace else; they seem to work fine for me.
    MY 2008 STATS
    SW: 170, 11/1/07
    158, 11/14/07
    141, 12/27/07
    135, 1/22/08 I MADE GOAL!!!! YIPEE!
    131, 4/4/08 MAINTAINING!
    LOW WEIGHT: 127!
    STARTING OVER AGAIN AFTER 2 BABIES
    181, 3/1/13

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I've never purchased mine from Wal-Mart; but I can attest to the differences between generic manufacturers. I once recieved white tablets with blue specks, and the imprint: A159 (Walgreens $24.99). They were horrible. Didn't do a thing for hunger. I'll stck with the half blue & half white caplets (Walgreens $48.99). I'll gladly pay extra for a pill that works. Sorry I didn't list the manufacturers...
    9/18/07- 306 (started phen)
    12/15/07- 277

Photos
    View albums

wow, i thought all brands were the same, generic or brand name. thanks for the info. ladies.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

I get my 37.5 phen from Walmart. Same as redsox8191a. $28.22

They work perfectly fine.

5'9
    (2007)
    SW ----- 285 lbs
    12/31 -- 250 lbs
    (2008) Starting Again After Baby!
    10/21 -- 280 lbs (Day before New Baby)
    11/13 -- 265 lbs

SW ------------------ 285 lbs
    CW ------------------ 265 lbs
    GW ------------------ 175 lbs

Photos of my family out playing in the dirt....

Photos
    View albums

and the imprint: A159 (Walgreens $24.99). They were horrible.
    I totally agree there - I was waiting to see until I had taken them for a full week, but I don't need a week to figure it out.

In the past year, I have had my prescrptions filled at every different pharmacy around me - these by far are the ones that seem the "weakest". Next month I'll be going back to CVS with the 30/50 (I think Gate Pharm?) since I know they work.

Isn't it strange how the different Pharmacies use different mfg and there is such a noticble difference in the way they work?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks so much readnwrit for the drug card info. I found out that I can get my Phen at CVS with that drug card for about $12 a month. WooHoo!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Can you folks give me some advice?

A few months ago I used a weight loss clinic to obtain Phentermine. I took the stuff for two months with zero results. The clinic's costs were too exhorbent to keep returning each month, paying for a MD's visit and then paying for the meds and not get any results. I was taking the 37.5 dosage (white with blue specs).

After reading here about the better pill (the half white, half blue) I'm encouraged to get back on them. My dilemma is this: My personal physician is with the VA (I'm a disabled veteran). He not only says he's not allowed to write me a prescription, but doesn't believe in Phentermine at all. I'm asking for suggestions here. Should I seek a private physician so I can receive an on-going prescription that I can fill on my own each month? Since I'm not really familiar with the private medical area these days, is there a particular MD I should seek?

I'm just looking for tha most cost effective way to go about this. These clinics are a ripp-off her in Baton Rouge and all I want to do is keep it simple and take my drugs!

Thanks for any (and ALL) directions here.

BRLAhere

Photos
    View albums

My Dr doesnt believe in diet pills or weight loss surgery either (even though she is about 300lbs herself). She send me off to do my blood work but never did anything else so I took it upon myself and made my own appointments with the WS surgery DRs (Bariatric DR) who told me about the pills, but his program required joining their excercise program also which was too much since i already hae a gym contract. A friend told me about a local gynecologist who also perscribes the pills and moniters your weight loss. I paid $70 for the first visit, then $50 monthly plus perscription cost (which my insurance pays for). At first i felt ripped off but hearing all the success on these boards, I think it was the best decision I made. My insurance will except this as 6 mos attempted weight loss with Dr supervision for the lap band surgery, woohoo
    Heather Pardue
    wife, WAHM, and mother to 3 beautiful girls

Photos
    View albums

I agree with the other folks about Walmart - I just filled my prescription with them and they are HORRIBLE...It is like I am taking nothing at all - no boost of energy or hunger control at all...I thought maybe the ones they gave me were old but it sounds like the manufacturer is a big factor...So is there a particular manufacturer I should be looking for? I don't want to continue to get bad product...

Any advise?

My husband takes these as well and I asked him to try them to see what he thought and he said they were weak as well...Can I take them back or do I **** it up and just not return to them?

I was wondering about the person that filled their Adipex 37.5 at Walmart for $28.00 (or so) without insurance - did these work better being the name brand?