Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Post Apple Diet/Detox/Cleanse

Can anyone tell me about the Apple Diet/Detox/Cleanse? I would like to know if anyone has tried it and does it work? Also I would like to know what do I do with this and how to get started. Thanks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster CantWait2BeSkinny's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I was also interested in knowing the same thing. I just googled it and this is what I came up with....

A few years back I had the greatest summer season!
    We’ve experienced some terribly long and cold winters here and I hadn’t taken a holiday that year. I was feeling sluggish, tired and my skin tone was dull and flat. I guess I could have chalked it up to age - we’re all conditioned to believe that our beauty and zest diminishes as we age - but I chose to ignore that concept, get on with life and look after myself by paying attention to healthy cravings and body signals.
    Years previously I had done this with meat proteins. I just went off eating any kind of meat for a few years, but I listened to my cravings. If I had a hankering for protein, I’d eat it. The cravings were seldom and again, it was the healthiest I’d felt in my lifetime.
    Back to the summer of regained health, weight loss and feeling fine…

I was craving, and going through, 5 lb bags of apples like they were popcorn. I ate regularly when I was hungry enough for a meal, but mostly I lived off apples. The extra winter weight fell off, my skin picked up good tone again, I had limitless energy - it was a fantastic time of my life.
    Since then I have read of mini detox diets where you’re advised to eat nothing but apples, all day long and to finish your day with a dinner that is mostly loaded up with green salad or vegetables. I’ve heard this has worked for a number of people trying to get back on track with their health.
    What type of apple is best? Any type you prefer, or all types. Apples not only nourish you, they have natural detox agents in them and the acid within each bite are less likely to cause cavities or sugar highs the way other fruits may.
    For dinner on your apple diet, you can have what you usually have. But it would be best if you could have your dinner meal consist of at least 50% green vegetables.
    You can do this at your own pace - for one day at a time, several days, or even a few weeks in a row. As long as you don’t already have or begin to develop a problem with your blood sugar level (and you should always check with your doctor before embarking on any diet or detox plan), you can do the mini apple detox diet for as long as you enjoy it.
    214.5 LBS. Starting Weight 10/26/07
    206.5 LBS. 11/02/07 (-8.0lbs= 8.0lbs total lost)
    202.5 LBS. 11/09/07 (-4.0lbs=12.0lbs total lost)
    201.5 LBS. 11/16/07 (-1.0lbs=13.0lbs total lost)
    200.0 LBS. 12/01/07 (-1.5lbs=14.5lbs total lost)
    190.0 LBS. 12/15/07 (-10 lbs=24.5lbs total lost)
    184.5 LBS. 01/15/07 (-5.5lbs=34.5lbs total lost) BIG TIME SLIPPING THIS PAST MONTH...
    125 LBS. Goal Weight

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

If you do a search there is a lot of info on this. I'm going to try it....I've tried the lemon/maple juice one and lost pretty good but I can't stand lemons so it was really tough (on top of the not eating). This apple one seems better. I've bought my apples and going to try tomorrow. I'll try to let you know how it's going.

Sharon

Photos
    View albums

Yes please do this will work. I know nothing about this diet but I started eating green apples big as I could find them and drinking water. It really works, now I crave apples and water and take phen I lost 25lbs in my 1st month you can do this, good luck.update me thanks.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Sounds Good

I think I will give this apple detox a try. I have tried the Ultra Cleansing Supreme from Hi Health and I lost 8 pounds in a week. It was easy just take these fiber tablets and vitamins with lots of water.(makes you poo alot) I felt good after doing it. I tried it again a few months ago and I wasn't as successful but that was due to lack of motivation. And I was so tired of taking so many vitamins.

Thanks for the apple info.
    SW-199 10-23-07
    CW-188 11-02-07
    GW-150

Photos
    View albums

Default i have tried this

I have tried the apple detox....its all about apples and water!
    I ate so manny apples nothing but apples....then the last day your suppose to take olive oil to cleanse but I did not do that part!

I lost a couple of pounds, it's worth it if u can handle just eating apples...

p.s. i was in the bathroom a lot!
    SW: 8-06-07 167.3 SIZE 12

CW: 8-29-07 160.0 (The Apple Detox ! )
    DOWN 7 POUNDS!

10-11-07 152.6
    11-06-07 148.6
    1-16-08 143.6
    2-7-08 140.3
    NEW GOAL 130

mini GW-150
    GW:145

BEFORE 7-27-07

Bronze Phenster NoMeat4Michelle's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

For those of you that have tried this, are you eating leafy grens and vegetables for dinner or limiting yourself to only apples? I've read both but I'm wondering if eating vegetables for dinner cause you to lose less weight? I want to try it but I don't really like apples all that much and I think I'll really need to eat something different by dinner!

SW: 201 (eDiets Holiday Survival Challenge - 11/12/07)
    CW: 198 (First day of Phen - 11/30/07)
    CW: 195 - 12/3/07
    CW: 192.5 - 12/10/07
    CW: 192 12/17/07 (sick - only worked out 1 day)

Mini Goal: 181 (10% of my body weight)
    Mini Goal: 163 (no longer obese and half way there)
    Mini Goal: 135 (no longer overweight)

GW: 120 by 9/30/08

Photos
    View albums

I think i'm going to try this...bring on the APPLES y'all!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

How do you feel during and after it energy wise? I heard that this makes your skin look better, did it make your skin look better (the ones that have done this already)? And, do you gain the weight back whenever it is over?

It sound interesting. I have well water. I wonder if I'd have to buy bottled water or if my water would be okay to drink. My husband will probably think I'm crazy, but it will be a good way to jump start my weight loss. I think.

started phen 12.03.07
    SW: 202 11.30.07
    12.21.07 Down 21 Inches and one pant size!!!!
    CW: 195 @ doctor appointment
    CW: 192 @ gym assessment
    mini GW: 174 --- I'll no longer be obese.
    GW: 140

Photos
    View albums

i am looking and i can't find anything about taking olive oil at the end....it just says eat apples all day and for dinner have vegetables and a small amount of protien for dinner. I don't know, I think I'm still going to be really hungry...it doesn't seem like enough food for someone that works out....but i'm willing to try it. the fiber from the apples probably makes you feel full.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Bronze Phenster NoMeat4Michelle's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I searched the forums and found a few on here with info on the apple detox. Lots of good info. Sounds like you should not work out much while you are on it. The worst side effect seems to be that you feel tired and can get headaches. I'm going to try it. Anyone else want to plan a day so that we can support eachother? I already have my apples so i could start tomorrow but I'm sure others aren't ready. How's Tuesday for everyone?

SW: 201 (eDiets Holiday Survival Challenge - 11/12/07)
    CW: 198 (First day of Phen - 11/30/07)
    CW: 195 - 12/3/07
    CW: 192.5 - 12/10/07
    CW: 192 12/17/07 (sick - only worked out 1 day)

Mini Goal: 181 (10% of my body weight)
    Mini Goal: 163 (no longer obese and half way there)
    Mini Goal: 135 (no longer overweight)

GW: 120 by 9/30/08

Photos
    View albums

That doesn't really sound like something I think I want to try just yet.

Photos
    View albums

Sabrina
    I have well water, thats all I use. I would think that if yours is safe to cook with its fine to use for this diet. try making some crystal light with it. Good Luck
    2005 success 217 to 158
    Dec 2008 starting over!

Photos
    View albums

I ate nutrigrain bb waffles for breakfast but I think I will just eat apples for the rest of the day b/c I have to weigh in at WW tomorrow may this will help undo the honeybaked ham I had for dinner last night LOL
    2005 success 217 to 158
    Dec 2008 starting over!