Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

Went out today and bought some CLA! So far I feel pretty good but today was the first day of taking it.
    Trying to get on track once again...

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES AND I GOT PLENTY TO GO AROUND!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by momma~ of~ 2 View Post
    Ive been on CLA for about a week and a half. So far,I am not losing weight nay faster.nor do I see a change. My question to all is how long did this take you to notice resullts?
    I have been on it for a few weeks, I am not having a "dramatic" change.... no weight loss , I can see my body shifting I guess you can say.I havent taken my measurements - yet I am waiting for the month to be over then I will do that.I can also see and feel a change in my clothes.It is working for me so far, my favortie is that there are no side effects for me... I never feel like I have anything in my system.I do have the hot flashes but nothing Iam not use to LOL
    I hope it kicks in for you , please hang in there... there are SOOOOOO many people on here that have taken it for a long time and it is helping them out big time... dont get discouraged

Photos
    View albums

I have been taking CLA for almost a week and within 5 days, my stomach finally went down. I was actually shocked and did not expect to wake up and see it almost flat again.
    I was getting annoyed since I never had a stomach till I hit 31 this year. I don't know my measurements but I can def. see the body changing a bit. I am not taking Phen everyday since I really don't feel well from it and have used phen in the past sporadically the first time I dropped 30 pounds.
    Trying to get on track once again...

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES AND I GOT PLENTY TO GO AROUND!

Photos
    View albums

Congrats to you sk8er!!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

WTG Sk8R!!! That's awesome--I need to get some CLA--I need to lose this tummy too!
    SW 178 4/1/2009 Starting over again This time I'm going to make it!
    MIni Goal 4/29/2008 10lbs
    GW 125 (by Oct 09--20 year reunion)

Photos
    View albums

OK you've all convinced me to get CLA i am going to start it when I eat my breakfast today. Im feeling good about this bc the past month i've been stuck AGAIN around 163-165lbs. lets hope this works I also started 5htp last night before I went to bed. How long did it take for you guys to start to notice a difference? The only CLA I could find at the store yesterday was 500mg it says to take 2 pill 3x a day with meals. Do you think I need a higher dose I'ce read you need 3.5g/day to get optimal results. this stuff wasn't so cheap if thats the case i'll go through this bottle in 10 days there is only 60 pills. well, let me know and good luck to everyone
    Taken (3/15/08)
    SW- 188.8 (4/25/07)
    CW- 184.4 (5/1/07)
    CW- 182.9 (5/8/07)
    CW- 178.4 (5/31/07)
    CW- 176.4 (6/6/07) (almost at goal #1)
    1st goal weight 170 (MADE IT)
    CW- 164.8 (9/18/07)
    CW- 162 (10/17/07) (tom) Starting CLA today
    CW- 152 (5/08) doing good!!
    CW- 158 (grrrr i'm stuck

Photos
    View albums

I am also going to start taking it I ordered it from GNC.com and got 180 pills for 38 or something like that. I also read to take like 3.5 a day the pills I got are 1000 so that I am hoping it helps also...
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SPRING FLING.....K.I.S.S.

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)
    I have lost 66lbs so far.... cannot wait to make it 169lbs

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

CLA stands for Conjugated Linoleic acid.... it's a trans fat, in a sense.

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention, just so they know:

There are concerns that the use of CLA by overweight people may actually cause insulin resistance, leading to an increased risk for developing diabetes.

A recent study conducted in mice by the US Department of Agriculture gives account of some highly concerning effects of CLA: it can dramatically induce essential fatty acid redistribution (DHA and AA) in various organ tissues. The same study raises the concern that it might pose significant risks, especially regarding cardiovascular health and inflammatory diseases. DHA content in heart tissue for instance was found to be reduced by no less than 25% by certain CLA isomers, while spleen DHA increased 6-fold and spleen AA was reduced to only 5% of its normal levels in that tissue. Another study of CLA supplementation of hatching chicks showed high mortality and low hatchability rate among the CLA-supplemented groups, and also a decrease in brain DHA levels of CLA-incubated chicks.

I've stopped taking CLA as it made me start to feel sluggish. I've also researched that CLA, when metabolized, produces a plethora of 'free radicals', which we all know is the building blocks of various cancers.

Banned
    Photos
    View albums

I found this site with some good info on CLA.. But the video link at the bottom is not working:

http://www.womansweightlossplan.com/CLA.html

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I posted those findings on this site a while a go. For me personally, I feel that i'm young and that the weight is more of a risk over all to my health then taking CLA or Phen so I'm tring to get to the weight I need to be at as soon as I can and not have to take these things any longer. We each have to make that call for ourselves. You also have to remember that when they do these studies they are useing huge amounts of CLA, so that may or may not be a thing that could happen with recommended use.
    Starting pant size 18w, shirt 2xl, bra 42d, undies 7
    Current pant size 10, shirt L/M, bra 36d, undies 6
    Update: My BMI is now in the overweight category!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have been taking it for about 2 weeks now...I haven't seen a change!
    HW ~ 181 ~ 3/30/06 (day I gave birth to my 4th child)
    8/30/06 ~ 126 (after 2 months on phen)
    CW ~ 131 ~ 10/29/07 Started phen & CLA
    131 ~ 11/5/07
    GW ~ 120 ...hoping by Christmas!

NO STRESS

Photos
    View albums

It takes about a month to see any changes.You will see a change .

Photos
    View albums

I have been taking CLA for 3 months along with Arbonne's detox tea, weight loss chews and protein shake and I have lost 20 lbs!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I started CLA last Saturday (10/13) I'm taking the Rexall brand from Wal-Mart, 2 gelcaps twice a day. I typically take them with breakfast and dinner. I haven't had any side effects, although I'm dumping water like crazy. My hope is that I'm actually dumping fat, as I recently read that fat is expelled via that route as well as sweating. I've been very good about drinking 64 oz of water per day prior to starting the CLA, and that hasn't changed, so I don't that's the issue. It's also helped to combat the constipation I get from the Phen, which is really great.

For those of you who've asked, CLA, or conjugate linoleic acid, typically occurs in beef and dairy products. Unfortunately, over the years CLA values in our food supply have diminished thanks to how cattle are fed. Several studies have been conducted with CLA and the results are quite promising. Basically, it helps build lean muscle and reduce fat cells. It's also credited with lowering lipid and insulin levels, and also helping the body to better utilize glucose - this is especially important to me as I'm a type II diabetic, insulin resistant, and I have PCOS. I'm paraphrasing from several different articles I found online, so please don't quote me. Best bet is to do your own research.

It's funny; I hear news stories all the time about the bad stuff in our food supply, but I never thought about the good stuff that is missing. We have a local cattle rancher in the central Texas area who is working very diligently to go 100% organic, which she believes will raise the CLA levels in her beef and dairy products. Her products are expensive, but I'm trying to shift my way of thinking about that. It's less costly, in the long run, to buy food that's better for me, even if I have to pay a substantial increase over the grocery store items. I may pay more for the food, but my body will be healthier which means less trips to the doc and less need for prescription drugs. It's a theory, anyway.

On edit: I should have read ALL the posts before posting. I, too, read the study on CLA causing insulin resistance in mice. Right after that one, I read about a study on rats that indicated an opposite effect. I don't recall the name of the researcher, but he was quoted as saying that we humans probably fall somewhere in between. Best advice - Do your own research, and make your own decision.

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by austexgirl; October 20th, 2007 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Update on the insulin resistance
    HW: 246 in 1996
    GW: 145
    SW: 230 8/1/07
    Off of Phen in 12/07, re-start 1/7/08
    CW: 204 (1/21/08)

[/url]

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default CLA meltdown

LOL, I bought some CLA. Ordered it from Puritan. Took for 2 days then left on the dashboard of my car. Now I have CLA plastic soup. Ordered more though. I had the same side effect (water loss) with the 5HTP that others have had with CLA.

I will keep posted on any results
    Scottie
    Scottie

Photos
    View albums

Question This May Seem Like a Silly Q...

...but how many ppl that are taking CLA are also still taking Phen? I'm toying w/ the idea of adding CLA to my Phen regime, but wondered if I should try them together or alternate few days of Phen, couple days of CLA?

Also, I did some digging online, and one common side effect I found from CLA is a 'green' or nauseous feeling ppl complained about, until they took the capsules w/ a little milk! I find this interesting--not to mention odd, lol--washing down pills w/ milk, but several ppl who had the queasy feeling swear by this working. Do any of you guys get the nauseousness? Do you do the 'milk thing'?

Just curious

HW: 239 (09/29/07) STARTED PHEN!
    LAST PHEN WEIGHT: 218 (Feb'08)
    MiniGoal: 198 (June 2008) ONEderland!!
    CW: 187.4 Still In ONEderland, started PhenD 10/1/09
    GW: 140-145

Photos
    View albums

I get sick to my stomach if I don't eat enough when I take it.I haven't taken them with milk yet.

Photos
    View albums

I take my CLA and Phen every day.

Photos
    View albums

Smile Thanks...

...I have another Q: What marketed 'brand' of CLA are you all taking? I've read online several places that depending on the brand, the amounts of actual CLA may vary (which could explain it not working for some folks?) and several types that have only one "isomer" instead of two (I'm REALLY paraphrasing here) are the ones commonly known to negatively affect insulin levels in group studies.

A couple 'non-experts' suggested the Natrol-produced Tonalin CLA for that reason, I think, as well as the amount of CLA that's supposed to be in each geltab. Basically, the way I understand it is that if the recommended amt is 3.4g a day to see actual results but the geltabs have 75% or less actual CLA in them, then you're taking more than say, 3 a day (i.e. with meals) to get to that 3.4g.

I visited another weight-loss forum and there was a thread on CLA; almost unanimously each poster said it didn't do squat for him/her & considered it a waste of money; after what I read elsewhere on the web, I wonder if this may be a reason why?

Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys were using; I found Natrol's priced pretty reasonably to test this out, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks,
    Riot

Photos
    View albums

Bump... for Riot.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say.
    Last edited by Gen2007; October 23rd, 2007 at 12:24 AM.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

Default LoL...

Thanks Gen

Are YOU thinking about taking CLA? I'm somewhat anxiously awaiting mine in the mail any day now. I can't wait to see if it works for me!!

Photos
    View albums

Hi Riot,

So far so good. I am taking CLA ( 2 capsules with every meal ) and 5-htp (2 capsules at night to help me relax ). At first I was only taking the recommended dosage (1 with each meal) and did not see a difference until I doubled it. My 2nd son is turning 1 yr next month and I did not want to look like I'm 6 mons pregnant at his b'day party. LOL

For some reason I had a hard time getting rid of my pregnant belly this time around and once I double the CLA ( in one month) my tummy shrunk to a half of its size! It's just incredible! I will continue to take CLA until the stores stop carrying it! That's how convinced I am.

I hope it helps you also.

Natrol-produced Tonalin CLA is what I take.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

HI everyone. I also bought some CLA and im very excited!!! I got a great deal. VItamen world was having a buy one get one free sale so I got 2 bottles of 90 capsules each for only 20 bucks. Its been only a few days...I feel like my stomache is getting smaller...but it may be my imagination!! I have had no bad side effects yet ...I take 4 a day ... total of 4000mg. I hope this stuff does what everyone says...it would be sooo nice~

Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up Ooh, that's GOOD NEWS, Gen!!

And that's the brand I found online (can't seem to find any CLA in stores; tried Wal-Mart, nothing was there. Didn't check Walgreens, though) & bought. It just arrived today, I can't WAIT to start taking it in the morning. I hope I don't have to double-up--I only got 90 ct., but it's the 1200mg caps...

...and boy, are they HUGE, lol (Even bigger than the Benefiber I was choking down last week)

Post back soon, lemme know how it goes, I'll do the same (keeping my fingers crossed this works as well for me)

-Riot

Photos
    View albums

I just got mine in the mail today also and I was shocked how big those things are... man they are huge. Mine are the 1000 ones and I take four a day that is the recommended dosage on the bottle. I ordered 180, they were on sale at GNC.com. I am excited to being trying them. I also started the 5HTP this past weekend and I do notice a difference taking them. Well hope everyone is doing well and I will post my results from the CLA. Good luck everyone.
    " Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I got the Rexall brand at Wal-Mart. It notes that it's Tonalin CLA on the bottle. $12.98 for a bottle of 60. They are big, and not a very appealing color. I've been taking 2 1000mg gelcps, twice a day for about 2.5 weeks. I'm stuck at 208, BUT I have lost a half inch in my hips.
    HW: 246 in 1996
    GW: 145
    SW: 230 8/1/07
    Off of Phen in 12/07, re-start 1/7/08
    CW: 204 (1/21/08)

[/url]

Photos
    View albums

i got mine yesterday

can't wait to see if it works

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cool Can you take Phentermine with CLA?

I'm about to start Phentermine 37.5 mg and I wanted to know if you could take both medicines at the same time?

Photos
    View albums

someone said they take both earlier

i'm taking mine with my phen--only on the CLA 2 days though

Photos
    View albums

I have come CLA and its the 1000 mg. The bottle says take 1 with each meal but I notice a lot of you are taking 2. Are you taking the 1000 mg or a smaller mg? Thanks!
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine in 2006, then gained it all back plus some

Restarted Phentermine 11-18-11

Photos
    View albums

I take 2 of the 1000 mg twice a day.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

What is CLA???

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Wink 5-HTP

what is 5HTP. i am new to all this, i need as much help as possible. thanks

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I just joined this forum... I was browsing Google for phentermine info and it brought me here. This thread, in particular, is what made me register. =P

I have not yet bought CLA or Phentermine (due to my budget, trying to justify spending the money on it).

I read that Phentermine is habit-forming and to only take it for 12 weeks. If that's true, how long should I then stop taking it before starting again?

As for CLA, is it habit-forming? How long would I need to take it? After reaching my goal and stopping taking it, will I have a negative after-effect from not having the pills?

I'm getting to the point of desperate. =( Last year (August 9th) I had twins when I was only 7 months along due to preeclampsia/toxemia. The swelling went down, but I still have all the added weight (about 45 lbs.), plus another 30 or so I'd like to get rid of besides due to my height. I eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day, mixing it up, and have plateaued after only a 7 lb. loss. So I want all the facts before I reach for something else.

Thanks! =D

Photos
    View albums

I do the same i take two of the 1000mg twice a day, that is the dosage on my bottle. I have been taking the phen and cla together for a few days now and no side effects....

SW 236lbs(10/10/2007)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM