Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phen Rage - Help Needed

I've been taking Phen now since 8/1.

My spouse finally let me have it today about my rage. I'm normally a very slow to anger type person, but with Phen the littlest thing can set me off.

I don't get mad at my family or friends, just mad at stupid little things like not being able to find the car keys. It sets me ablaze. Oh and driving? Not good.

So I have to figure something out to help me with this Phen rage I have. And it probably isn't even the Phen but just that my body is losing so much weight that it stresses me out already. Not sure. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster happilymarried21's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

i would like some tips on this too lol!!

i have noticed when i get crabby and i ate something anything like an apple it helps my mood out alot! maybe because of the calorie deficiency or something.

Lookin' GREAT by '08 Challenge -

Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

Photos
    View albums

HI CzechGuy..........I too have the same problem....I've heard a lot about 5 htp....it's a GNC or any place like that....maybe it will help... Yes It could be from losing so much weight , I have lost 45 pounds and I think my body is wacko right now......But I hope this helps I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.....
    Before 212 May 2007

Now Nov 2007 155

Photos
    View albums

You know I tend to feel a little tense myself. However I have noticed the first day I stopped taking my birth control pills because this is my special week, I do feel much better, much better indeed. Its like the combination of medication caused me to feel anixous. Also, I take a supplement called Rhodiola, recommended on one of the Oprah's shows. It suppose to help with mood swings and stress.
    "Success means having the courage, determination, and the will to become the person you believe you are meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

Monday, January 05th - 270lbs
    Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

there is another thread about this i will see if i can find it

your best bet is to back off your phen for a day and when you feel the rage put yourself in check now that you know what it feels like

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

here you go

What is Phen Rage?

Photos
    View albums

5 htp does help you can also get it at Walmart. 2 before bed. Also if you have the tablets try taking half in the morning and half at noon, sometimes the cause of phen rage may be too much in your system at one time...
    4-1-07- 217
    8-4-07- 186
    8-10-07- 176
    11-10-07- 170!! Woo hoo!! (almost 50)

[/url[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weUejYD/]
    ]

Photos
    View albums

Imball,

What does HTP stand for?
    "Success means having the courage, determination, and the will to become the person you believe you are meant to be" ~ George Sheehan

Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Photos
    View albums

Okay, I answered my own question. Thanks for sharing
    5HTP products and information. 5HTP helps control appetite, insomnia, mood and fibromyalgia. ... 5-HTP The Natural Way To Boost Serotonin and Overcome Depression, Obesity and Insomnia

Monday, January 12th
    Monday, January 19th
    Monday, January 26th
    Monday, February 2nd

Photos
    View albums

ok, i believe there is PHEN RAGE! I know I had it!
    In the begining I was a loonatic! Its sounds funny but its true.
    My boyfriend thought I was loosing it, I thought I was loosing it. I was driving to normal routine places and getting side tracked not thinking where i was going, and getting SO PISSED OFF!
    At work my co-workers stayed away from me.
    I was getting mad at nothing at all, at clerks in the super market, people walking in the stores, anything u name it!
    Now that seemed to go away. I dont get angry, or confussed anymore. I would love to know what causes this. I also take zoloft.... becuz of depression...that I MUST ADMIT I GOT IN THE BEGINING SO SAD, CRYING FOR NO REASON, THAT TOOO PASTED.
    What causes these emotions?!
    SW: 8-06-07 167.3 SIZE 12

CW: 8-29-07 160.0 (The Apple Detox ! )
    DOWN 7 POUNDS!

10-11-07 152.6
    11-06-07 148.6
    1-16-08 143.6
    2-7-08 140.3
    NEW GOAL 130

mini GW-150
    GW:145

BEFORE 7-27-07

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

the rage comes from the amphetamine in the phen it is a legal from of speed

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by sjaracz View Post
    the rage comes from the amphetamine in the phen it is a legal from of speed

Simple answer, but very true. I try to combat the rage the best that I can. I make sure I'm eating enough, am exercising plenty (this helps with the edginess), taking time for myself to just be alone and calm down.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I too have Phen rage, but, unfortunately, it is just one of the bad side effects of Phen. I get MAJOR mood swings! Like TERRIBLE! My DH doesn't know I'm taking it, so he is like WHAT IS WRONG W/ YOU??!?!?!?
    I really try to control it, but sometimes it is just uncontrollable!

Photos
    View albums

My doctor prescribed Klonapin to be taken twice a day. Though I only take 1/2 during the day because it can make me sleepy. This really helps calm me down. Also, helps me get to sleep at night.
    Kim

Lookin' Great by '08 Challenge
    SW--9/8/07--220.4
    09/15/07--216.8
    09/29/07--215.6
    10/15/07--215.6

Waist Measurement
    09/01/07--42.375
    09/15/07--41.5
    09/29/07--40
    10/17/07--39.5

I have walked 0 miles -- 0% of my goal of 12 miles!!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I didn't notice Phen rage until several months after I was taking it and I attributed it to hormones and such and so my Doctor put me on Celexa 10 mg. and it worked wonderfully. I still take the Celexa and I find it helps me overall as a woman, mom, wife and keeper of everyone's crap

Photos
    View albums

Walking/running/working out in general helps me with my rage. I took 5-htp for a while, but the best thing is just grabbing a water bottle and hitting the gym! I find that I'll turn my energy and focus onto working myself out till I'm exhausted and that helps - not to mention your burning calories!
    My Journey:
    SW: 205 06/21/07
    CW: 190 07/09/07
    CW: 199 08/11/07
    CW: 195 09/16/07 (Start '08 Challenge)
    CW: 196 10/29/07
    CW: 194 11/12/07
    CW: 192 11/19/07
    CW: 194 11/26/07

'08 Challenge
    Week - Miles Walked / Hours Workout
    W1: 4 - 3 hrs.
    W2: 6 - 3 hrs.
    W3: 5 - 4 hrs.
    W4: 6 - 7 hrs.
    W5: 0 - 0 hrs.
    W6: 0 - 0 hrs.
    W7: 3 - 4 hrs.
    W8: 7 - 8 hrs.
    W9: 5 - 8 hrs.
    W10:8 - 10 hrs.
    W11: Current Week

Photos
    View albums

I'm so glad that i'm not crazy, i too have those phen rage symptoms, and the girl that says exer, helps, is so right. My doctor, says keeping busy is the key during the rages, he said to clean something, or if i'm in a car, turn the radio on and sing, just listen to a up beat song and forget what happened. I keep a song in the cd, on that is up beat. I know it sounds funny, but it really works. And when i'm in a store and i get angry, i just leave the store, get in my car,and go somewhere else, but while i'm in the car, i listen to the radio. I know people don't normally leave the store, but it helps. I'm a christian, so i listen to fast paste, upbeat contemperary gospel praise and worship, but for some, rock, country, anything not soft and depressive. My friend love bon jovi, she used this cd, its my life its now or never. She calls me from the car, and i hear that song, i know shes haveing a phen rage. She also said when fighting with hubby, she gets her ipod, and walks out the door and she walks. even if its 10 times in the drive way, our doctor says the energy burns up the rage. I hope i helped. Keep up the good work.

9-25-2007 =216
    9-15-2007 =218
    9 - 1 - 2007 = 222
    8 -27- 2007 = 225 lbs
    8 -21- 2007 = 227 lbs
    8 -08- 2007 = 244 lbs (sw)

WEEK 1 = EXER-12hours
    = WALKED-4 miles

WEIGHT LOSS= 4 POUNDS

WEEK 2 = EXER-12 hours
    =WALKED-5 miles
    =CRUNCHES-1200

WEIGHT LOSS= 2 POUNDS

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Be sure not to take caffeine (or liquor in large quantities) at the same time as Phen - it will enhance that sharp side. Also - if you can find a doctor in your area you might want to ask about Phen-Pro combo that cuts back on the mood swings
    IB Pudgey

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

5htp has helped mine so much i can not say enough. Try it. I'm quick to anger normally and it was unbearable with the phen range. I'm so much more mellow all the time now.
    Starting pant size 18w, shirt 2xl, bra 42d, undies 7
    Current pant size 10, shirt L/M, bra 36d, undies 6
    Update: My BMI is now in the overweight category!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Hi, I noticed that too in the beginnining. I think a lot of my botled anger just blew out of my mouth and the phen which is I call it "truth serum" took over. I feel so much better telling people how i really feel now, and that anger isn't building any longer. I feeel greeeeeaaaat!!! It was sort of a changing point in my life, and getting angry was what I really needed at the time... I also take phen pro which is a low dose of lexapro and 30 of phen, works great I have lost as of now about 44 pounds and I feel like a new person. LIFE IS GOOD, AND PHEN DEFINATELY KEEPS ME HONEST. these last months I feel as though the anger has left and my new awakening has begun...SOUND WEIRD, but thats the best way I can describe it. Maybe your emotions were all bottled up and now that you are able to release how you really feel you will be able to overcome the anger...(JUST A THOUGHT) I am not a psychologist. Anyway good luck with the Phen, I bet you will feel nothing but satisfaction and bliss as those pounds continue to drop, and your anger will eventually dissapate.( is that a word? well anyway Good Luck.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by IB Pudgey View Post
    Be sure not to take caffeine (or liquor in large quantities) at the same time as Phen - it will enhance that sharp side. Also - if you can find a doctor in your area you might want to ask about Phen-Pro combo that cuts back on the mood swings
    I did talk to my doc about this. He gave me a script of Prozac to try, which so far I haven't done, or I could increase my calories. I increased my calories by 300 per day, and the rage disappeared. So for me at least it's not the Phen per se, but the lack of food and blood sugar.

Of course 300 extra calories slows me down I guess, but I'm now down 32 lbs in the past 56 days. I was fearing my doc would cut me off the phen after 90 days, but since I'm doing so well, and he directed me to eat more he agreed he'd give me 2 more months worth of meds so I guess that's an ok exchange. Now at least my spouse won't kick me out of the house for being a *******. :lol:

I'm saving the Prozac until I hit a sticking point.

Photos
    View albums

My DR. me that more often than not it is because your blood sugar is low, and the next time I have a mood swing or feel irritable to eat a little something, apple, or something with simple sugars in it. I tried it and it helps so maybe you can give it a try/

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well I was attributing it to PMS but I suppose that couldn't possibly be your problem! lol Our POOR HUBBIES!!!:eatnphen1::eatnphen1::
    Last edited by RebekahCheree; September 25th, 2007 at 09:12 PM.
    Rebekah

LinkBacks (?)

1. September 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
  2. September 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
  3. September 25th, 2007, 01:06 AM
  4. September 24th, 2007, 10:47 PM
  5. September 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
  6. September 24th, 2007, 09:36 PM
  7. September 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
  8. September 24th, 2007, 08:57 PM
  9. September 24th, 2007, 08:06 PM
  10. September 18th, 2007, 05:45 PM