Close
    Photos
    View albums

After only taking it for three days I've come to the conclusion that maybe it just isn't working for me and now I regret even buying it in the first place. The person who suggested it to me said she got all of this energy and barely ate and lost 33 lbs in the first month of taking it! She got me all hyped up.

I've been taking it and I've felt none of the effects. I feel tired, it only lasts 6 hours total. I feel hungry 6 hours after I've taken it! When I was taking Zantrex 3 that worked great for me! It gave me tons of energy and suppressed my apetite a whole lot more than Phen ever did.

I tried the Vitamin B12 but I'm not even sure if that's doing much of anything either. Plus Phen has been giving me bad heartburn and the burps. I constantly have this feeling of my chest being full and I burp alot.

I'm taking 37.5 tablets. My weight loss has stopped after only 3 lbs. I'm really discouraged. Any advice?
    BRITTANY

HW: 218
    CW: 172
    GW: 150

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster wannabeabigloser's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Did I read that right that you lost 3 pounds in 3 days?...

Photos
    View albums

Yes but I'm sure it's only water weight because I look the same! I had stopped drinking water for like a week and then I got Phentermine and I started up again. I'm almost positive that that's the only way I could've lost weight.
    BRITTANY

Purple People Eater
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry to hear this girl. Are you drinking enough water and eating enough protein?

Humm, maybe you should have kept taking the xantrax(sp). How about just alternating the phen and xantrax? LIke weekends for one and weekdays for other?

Anyhow, good luck to ya girl. And, also, check out challenges.

Missus

Hard work has made it easy. That is my secret. That is why I win.

-Nadia Comaneci

KFZ
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Mrs. Gifford,

I SO understand the impatience of the weight loss thing, especially when you have a specific goal in mind.
    IMO three days is not long enough to judge if it will work for you or not. Losing 3lbs in 3 days is great, but I am thinking you are weighing yourself everyday which may not be the best thing to do.
    What else are you doing? Exercising? Drinking Water? Eating? It is NORMAL to feel hungry if you've not had enough to eat and you generally ARE hungry. Also, not eating enough can cause your body to go into starvation mode and hold onto every morsel you give it, no matter how small.
    As you know people react differently to things and your friend's experience may not be yours. It may not mean it's not working, just that you experience will be different.
    If you know you like the "speed" aspect of the Zantrex and it was working, I wonder why you would want to switch products?
    Please be a bit more patient with yourself, no matter which product you use, the impatience can really stall progress.
    Good Luck!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think you gotta give it more that 3 days. 3 pounds in 3 days is awesome...even if it is water weight. You lose water the first few days of ANY diet. I lost 5 lbs. the first week and i was thrilled with that. Hang in there girl, I would say it's definately working for you if you've already lost 3.

Photos
    View albums

Hi. I'm in total agreement with what everyone else has said. I lost 11 lbs my first month and I was totally thrilled beyond belief at that!!! IMO I wouldnt be able to see where 3 lbs went, I didnt even really notice my loss until I lost around 20 lbs!!!

Good luck to you!!! Seems to be working for you to me!!!

My Final Goal

CW: 164 AGAIN!!!!
    HW: 208
    SW April 18, 2005 200 lbs
    Weigh in: May 18 -11 lbs Sz 20
    Weigh in: June 16 - 7 lbs Sz 18
    Weigh in: July 14 - 6 lbs Sz 16
    Weigh in: Aug 5 - 4 lbs Sz 14/16
    Weigh in: Sept 13 - 6 lbs Sz14/16
    Weigh in: Sept 26 - 1 lb Sz 14
    Weigh in: Oct 21 - 2 lbs Sz 12-14
    Weigh in: Jan 6 - + 3 lbs Sz 10 - 12
    Weigh in: Apr 27 - 2 lbs (FINALLY ~ IT MOVED!!!!)
    Weigh in: May 10 - 2 lbs
    Weigh in: June 16 + 4 lbs!!!
    Weigh in: June 30 - 4 lbs

Photos
    View albums

Thanks KFZ! I stopped taking Zantrex 3 because it stopped working for me. It no longer suppressed my apetite or gave me energy. I had only been taking it for a month. I took it before but had to stop taking it because it stopped working and I gave up on dieting for awhile now I'm back.

I go to the YMCA 5 days a week and if I'm not there I exercise at home. I either go for a bike ride with my son,walk with my son or do crunches,girly push ups,etc at home. I drink LOTS of water. I always have water bottle in hand and I guzzle it down within five minutes of opening it. I don't waste my time. I'm always thirsty!

I will admit the bad things I've been doing like not eating because I'm not hungry. I lost 17 lbs before I went on Phentermine and I ate the whole time. I just ate healthy and controlled my portions! I didn't even exercise then!!! I stopped when the Zantrex stopped and I gained 3 lbs and had to lose that 3 lbs in the passed three days. I do weigh myself everyday. I told myself today though that I would NOT be doing that anymore. I'm so tempted to have someone just hide it from me or something. It taunts me when I go to the bathroom. I think I will take it out of there tonite so I won't feel tempted and only weigh in on Wednesdays. It's really discouraging weighing yourself everyday. Especially when you found that it says you gained 3 lbs!!! I know my scale is accurate! I put an 8 lb weight on it and it said 8 lbs exactly!!! SO it's definetly just me!!

Well I threw all of the unhealthy snacks in my house and anything else that wasn't good for me away. It was very hard to do but I did it! I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of Lean Cuisine meals since I don't have the time or patience to cook a healthy meal. I bought lots of fruits and veggies as well. Everything I bought was healthy. I will continue to take the Phentermine but while eating 3 meals a day and eating two healthy snacks a day. We'll see how I do!!!
    BRITTANY

KFZ
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

That's great Mrs. Gifford. I thought I read another post of yours that said you were going to do South Beach? That's a great plan, though if you're not one for preparing your food it may not be the plan for you.
    Remove the scale from your sight, if you're constantly looking at it then it's only a matter of time... set yourself up for success. Once a week weighing is fine.
    Keep us posted about how you're doing, we care!

Photos
    View albums

Yeah I wrote down all of the things I would need to start the SOuth Beach Diet and got to the store and realized there is no way I'd be able to sit down and prepare these meals!!!

I'm just going to do what I started doing in the first place to lose the 17 lbs. I'm going to count calories and eat healthy. I did have an occasional cheat before but really that just set me up for failure. I'm going cold turkey on junk food. I don't need it.

I hid the scale. I put it out of sight and out of mind! I'm not going to worry about it!
    BRITTANY

KFZ
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You're on the right track!

Photos
    View albums

I think that you were being too hard on yourself and the phen, if you lost 3 pound in three days, whether water weight or not, that is great that would equate to 28 pounds in a month or more depending on how long the month, now obviously that isn't going to happen but even 5 pounds a week is great. It's an appetite control not a wonder drug. Just be patient and although you are taking it still try and do it the right way that way the pounds stay off for good. This forum is an excellent place for motivation.

This is me at 175, I can't weight to get to 125.

Photos
    View albums

I think that you were being too hard on yourself and the phen, if you lost 3 pound in three days, whether water weight or not, that is great that would equate to 28 pounds in a month or more depending on how long the month, now obviously that isn't going to happen but even 5 pounds a week is great. It's an appetite control not a wonder drug. Just be patient and although you are taking it still try and do it the right way that way the pounds stay off for good. This forum is an excellent place for motivation.

This is me at 175, I can't weight to get to 125.