Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I started taking Phentermine 30mg on 2/20/07. It didn't feel like it was working at first because I was hungry a lot still. Then I could tell it was working. After a month I had lost 9 pounds, now almost 2 months later I lost 20 pounds but now gained back about 2. I don't feel like the Phen is working anymore. It's only been two months. I also switched from 30 mg to 37.5mg. At first the Phen helped with cravings and everything now it doesn't. If I see sweets I want them, before I could turn them down. What can I do?? Is there something else I can take? I also take celexa. I am worried that I will just gain the weight back, and won't lose anymore.... Please help. Is there something else the Dr. can prescribe that might work???
    [URL="http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/"]

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

my doc suggested 3 weeks on phen and then 1 week off phen and 3 weeks on....and sooo on.........so i don't build up a tolerance to it from constant use and it seems to work great for me..........68 lbs. down so far )
    Nicole

Photos
    View albums

Congrats, Phenchic! That's awesome!

I found that even taking a few days off from Phen. seems to be a long enough break so that when I start it again it kicks back in like the beginning. But I did hear that after awhile taking on it that a weeks break once a month is a good way to keep it working.

Good luck to both of you!

Photos
    View albums

do you notice when you take a break you have a hard time sticking to your diet and are you really hungry?

Photos
    View albums

The first day I take a break I'm ok. By the second day it's a bit harder but not impossible to stick to my diet. I've never gone more than 3 days without yet but I feel that skipping a few days here and there will help me really stick to eating right when I eventually stop Phen.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I took a break last week after being on it for about a month. I did not feel like I was extraordinarily hungry. Just about the same as I was on the Phen. I did feel like I was more tired when I wasn't taking it though.
    Hilary
    HW 232 6-30-06
    SW on Phen 220 3-6-07
    CW 212 3-19-07
    GW 135-140

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I also have been taking breaks. I took for 12 days then off 10 I also do not take on weekends I lost 12 pounds the first 12 days during the break I did gain back 2 but I pigged out with Easter, a family funeral so people brought lots of food then my daughters birthday so cake and pizza, I was actually surprised only gained back 2,I think it was mainly water weight because i did drink more Mt. Dew and hardly any water during the break. I have been back on since Monday and have lost the 2 I gained plus 2 more. I think taking the week break and no weekends will work for me doctor only gave me 2 months worth so i have to make them last. Also I was able to fit into an outfit today I have not wore in 2 years it was a 12, I was a 16 before phen, well some 14 but not many. Everyone complamented me on how great I looked today I was so excited I have wore big shirts not tucked in for years feels good to be able to start wearing some former fitting stuff and to tuck a shirt in.

Photos
    View albums

I've had spells of resistance during my year taking phen and I've tried everything from switching the time of day I take it to increasing the dosage. After nearly a year to date, it stopped working altogether. I've since decided to take one month off from phen.

I'm starving. I taking over-the-counter supplements that take the edge off, but nothing works like phen did. I know that my body needs to get un-addicted to phen for it to start working again though.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I just started taking Phen yesterday. My Dr. gave me a whole month's supply. After I take it for a month I have to go back to see him. My question is, will I need to take a break from it before this month is over? I take 30mg daily. Thanks for any advice.

****Ultimate Goal Weight****

first Goal!!!!!

Regina
    SW-213 4/18/07 Started Phen
    CW-201 5/31/07
    GW1- 198- met 6/2/07
    GW2- 178- met

Starting over- Got Phentermine again on 3/30/10
    SW-230 3/30/10
    CW-228.6
    GW1-198
    GW2- 178
    GW3-168
    GW4-158
    GW5-148
    Ultimate GW- 140

LNC
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

"If I see sweets I want them, before I could turn them down."

First, 20 lbs in 2 months is a lot of weight loss. Don't discount that. Second, losing weight is not a straight downward line. Especially when you lose as much as you have as fast, the body will react. Also, depending on sodium intake, time of month, etc. you will retain water once in a while.

I am learning mindful eating and can relate to your quote about sweets, as can most people on this board. So the question is, were you hungry when you see the sweets? Really hungry or, what they call mouth hungry? what about the sweets made them alluring? Noticing triggers and being able to stop and talk to yourself to ask what is really going on is totally empowering. I wish I could say I do this 100% but I no longer beat myself up when I don't. I know, when I eat, or want to eat, when I'm not physically hungry then there's something else going on. Bored, anzious, fearful, tired, angry, etc. My habit of stuffing feelings before they surface made it so I didn't even know I had feelings until I started mindful eating. I highly recommend any books that deal with intuitive, or mindful eating. It's a slow recovery but much more long lasting, and much more gentle to the body we put so many demands on then the eat/starve, calorie counting, obsessivness we can get into.

Don't worry about the 2 lbs. Try to only weigh yourself once a week so you don't obsess about the daily erratic numbers on the scale. The phen is meant to help you slow down to learn new, healthy habits.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

i took phen before for 3 months,los***lbs,i quit for a few days and now back on phen and i am still straving for sweets and have gained 5 lbs back...is there someting i can take ...will detoxing help to get phen out of system so i can start losing again

Photos
    View albums

Well, I took a brake from Phen this weekend, and I am so mad at myself!!! I did ok, Friday, and Saturday. Yesterday, I was cleaning my daughter's room, and I found her Easter Candy that she still had. I totally binged!! I feel awful. That was the first time I have done that while taking Phen. I don't know what else to do.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I started taking Phenterimine 37.5 in February. I started at 180 and am currently at 144. When I first took it I slowly lost, it took almost 2 months to lose 15 pounds. Now, I am almost losing too fast. I have lost 6 pounds in the last 13 days. I find myself having to skip a day in the pills just to eat. If I dont I easily dont eat for 2-3 days. I have a busy lifestyle, I am not starving myself but if I dont sit still long enough to realize I havent eaten I have no hunger at all. I usually stop taking pills on the 4th day or so,or if my boyfriend makes me so he can cook and I will actually eat. As for sweets, remove them from your house, car, office, etc. Tell your family not to eat them around you. My BF loves Little Debbies, but now he only eats these coconut ones because I hate them and therefore am not tempted. Good Luck!
    KaNdI!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

So what length of time does the doc keep you on Phen?? I have been on it for a month now and he suggested I not take it on the weekednds, however for me taht is the worst time not to take it. How long have you all been on it? And what has your doc said about getting off of it?

Photos
    View albums

Well, my Dr. put me on Phen Feb. 20, 2007. I have been taking it everyday since then except for last weekend. I didn't take it Fri, Sat, or Sun. The Dr. suggested I take the weekend off, so that is what I am going to do. I think part of my problem last week was I was PMSing. I started my period yesterday, so that is probably why I was so hungry, and tired!!

Photos
    View albums

i too was like that it worked for about a month and 2 day or so. what i had to do was my other med where changed about the time it stoped working and now i take my pill about 4 hours after my phen and it seems to be working again
    day by day is how I live my days

HW 346 1/19/07
    SW 319 3/13/07
    CW 308 3/27/07
    CW 302 4/6/07
    CW 297 4/11/07
    CW 299 4/14/07
    CW 296 4/21/07

FIRST GOAL WEIGHT
    SECOND GOAL

Photos
    View albums

if you can take the research that Dr. Anchors has done with you to your doctor regarding the addition of an SSRI to the phen google phenpro and see if they are willing to add the low dose of an SSRI you will see a remarkable difference in how the phen works......

Good luck.
    5'9"
    SW 189 12-21-2006
    Began Phen-Pro on 1-11-07
    CW 184 1-11-07
    CW 181 1-15-07
    CW 176 1-19-07
    CW 173 1-25-07
    CW 170 2-1-07
    CW 167.5 2-8-07
    CW 162.3 3-1-07
    CW 158.5 3-22-07
    CW 155.8 4-8-07

~GW 155~

CW 154.3 4-12-07 GOAL!!!!!! It's all gravy now! Well not real gravy
    CW 152 4-16-07
    CW 148.4 4-27-07
    GW 155

Photos
    View albums

What is Phen-Pro?

I keep hearing about it on the forum, but my Dr. never mentioned it to me.

Since I have an abnormally large appetite, and I seem to be growing "immunity" towards Phen, I'm curious if it will help me more.
    150 pounds - February 17, 2007

140 pounds - April 20, 2007

Goal Weight - 120 pounds!

20 more pounds to go!