Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey guys!
    Just wondering who all the Okies are using for their weight loss???
    I know of several docs who prescribe phentermine for weight loss around here, but I'd like to hear your experiences with them....if you liked them....and if they take insurance plans, etc.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wow! No one from Oklahoma out there???

Photos
    View albums

Hello from Oklahoma,
    Yes, there is an Okie here, sorry I don't get a chance to get on to much. Busy with twin boys and two other boys as well. I have a phen doc for you in Oklahoma. I'm not sure where you are located at but I live on Tinker and I see a doc about 20 minutes away. It is Dr Bobby Jacob's Office. I see a woman her name is Kristi Bourland. The office is located at 6424 N. Portland Ave. OKC 73116-2028. And the phone number is 405-840-9441. They are really good at getting you right in for an appt. too. They do take insurance there as well. Unfortunatley they don't take military insurance so I am self-pay. But it is well worth it to me to be monitored and know that I am using it correctly. The first visit is the most expensive if you are self-pay because they have to do lab work on you and such. So the first visit ran a little over $100.00, that included first months supply of phen too. After that you go back once a month for a check-up and weigh in and pick up new months supply of phen. I pay $60 each time I go in to the office. Thirty is for phen and the other thirty is for the office visit. But, once you go there for a few months she will let you get two months at a time supply of phen. So I do that and I pay $100 dollars every two months. SO it cuts the price back a little. I took phen for the first time from this office back in 2006. I lost 35 pounds in about 3 months. And then I ended up pregnant with TWINS! LOL! So I had to go off of it until I delivered. I just started back on phen Jan. 07 and I am down 25 pounds. Now if I could just get motivated to work out on a more consistant basis I would probably be moving along a little faster. I hope all of this info helps you. And if you don't live in this area then maybe you could call that office and they could refer you to another doc. The way that I found them was by doing a yellow pages search for weight loss docs in my area. Good luck to you and hope I was a little help.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey! Thank you so much for the info. I live about 30 minutes away from Tinker, so it would be pretty close for me to go there. I'm glad they take insurance. Sounds good!!!

Photos
    View albums

Glad I could be of some help to someone else! Let me know how it all works out, I think that you will be pleased with the doc. After reading some other peoples post regarding how much the docs and meds cost them I can't complain about wbat this office charges. Some people pay well over $100.00 a month!!! That is A LOT of money to shell out! Good luck to you!!!

Photos
    View albums

I live in Lawton and have been on Phen for 2 months now. I go to a Dr. Gary Gramolini who has offices here in Lawton and in Tulsa. So far I have lost 38 pounds.

Photos
    View albums

WOW! 38 lbs that is amazing!!! What are you doing to lose that much? Please share you eating and workout habbits with us. I have been on phen for a little over three months and have able to lost about 25 pounds but it seems as though I am stuck in a rut right about now. Please share what your good fortune is!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Photos
    View albums

I eat a bowl of cereal, usually Bran Flakes for breakfast. I measure out 1 serving size of the cereal and 1% Milk. I usually eat a Smart Ones, or Healthy Choice frozen meal lunch, then mid day I eat an apple of a fat free yogurt. Then dinner time I just try to eat anything low calorie and low fat. I make sure that my meals have protein in them to help prevent muscle loss. Then I have a night snack usually some fruit. I make sure to drink at least 75 oz. of water a day, in fact that is the only beverage I drink. I have totally cut out sodas, coffee, tea, etc. As for exercising, I have some things at my house that I use. I usually do 10-20 minutes of the Gazelle with resistance on. And then I do 10 minutes on the Ab Lounge 2.

Bronze Phenster nursingismylife's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Hi, I live about an hour south of Lawton, but I go to school at Cameron. I had my first visit with Dr Gramolini on Monday. I have been on Phen in the past and the doctor I was using started being a real jerk when the weight stopped comming off, like I was doing it on purpose. Dr Gramolini seems really nice, has your wieght loss been consistant? Are you on just the Phen or other meds too?
    SW 11/1/06 227 started phen
    CW 11/27/06 213 -14.0lbs
    CW 12/27/06 199.5 -13.5lbs
    CW 12/30/06 197
    CW 01/07/07 191 wow! down 36lbs total!
    CW 01/12/07 199.5 Dr office weigh in, hmmm...my scales are off. No weight loss?
    CW 01/16/07 still 199.5 but down an inch and a half in waist and one in on hips. I'll take it!
    1/23/07 197 Yeah! Finally losing again!
    2/3/07 195
    4/23/07 205 back on Phen
    4/25/07 203
    SGW 5/30/07 185
    LGW 7/1/07 150

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Check out this link http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors...lahoma-city-ok, to find the best doctor in Oklahoma according to your condition.