Close
    Silver Phenster ChaoticDreams33's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

So phen is SIMILAR to amphetamine, but not the same, so would it show up in a urine drug screening?

CW:140.7
    GW:125

HW:175
    LW:118

myspace.com/chaoticdreams33

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hmmm I think this was covered before but the info escapes my mind.

I wonder as well since we are doing random drug testing at my work and I am on Phen and ordered it on-line. I mean....does the little sticker on the bottle (Avery Addresse Label) qualify as legit from your place of employment?

I was told by 2 people (Dont know I am on Phen) that they did not ask them what medications they are taking. The Dr just said, "Here is your Cup."and that was that. I want to be able to have it marked down on my file or something if it turns up postive.

I know I should tell my Boss I am on Phen but I am horrified she will say, "Well, as long as it is prescribed by your Dr." and it was prescribed and boughten via the internet. Oh the HORROR!

But...Phen is working! My pants almost fell down at work. Gosh, I am wearing granny pantys too.

I think I am going to have to invest in a belt. I have not worn a belt in AGES!

Hopefully another Phen Friend has some info for us.

~Kat
    Start Phen Feb 10th 2006
    4/12/06 CW 238 (RRR)
    5/5/06 CW 228 (Yeah Baby) and Melanoma free.
    LTG 150ish

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

George Bernard Shaw

Photos
    View albums

my doctor said it will show up as positive on a drug test.
    you should bring your phen with you (if by perscription) so they can verify that you are under a doctors care with it.
    Even if they dont ask you if you are taking it you should still offer up the information.
    ~kim

Height 5'11"
    Age~37
    SW~216 (12-16-05)started phen
    CW~205 (12-23-05)
    CW~200 (12-31-05)
    CW~199 (01-01-06)
    CW~199 (01-07-06)
    CW~197 (01-09-06)there we go
    CW~195 (01-14-06)
    CW~195 (01-21-06)
    CW~195 (01-28-06)
    CW~192 (02-03-06)
    CW~190 (02-13-06)
    CW~189 (02-17-06)
    CW~185 (03-17-06)

GW~160

Photos
    View albums

Holy Cr@p! Not what I wanted to hear. I guess I can tell my boss I am taking Phen. Though, I wonder if it comes back as poss for drug use (from Phen) if they will can me anyways since it was not from a Dr, just a cyber Dr.

Oh well, I will bite the bullet Monday!

~Kat
    Start Phen Feb 10th 2006
    4/12/06 CW 238 (RRR)
    LTG 150ish

George Bernard Shaw

Silver Phenster ChaoticDreams33's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Uh-oh!!!! Do you know how long it stays in your system? I don't know if they would accept the online Doc and ** thing. geez.

Good luck Kat! Let us know what happens please

CW:140.7
    GW:125

HW:175
    LW:118

myspace.com/chaoticdreams33

Photos
    View albums

Well, I believe in my defense it is not illegal to use as a weighloss aid. If it was illegal then I would have a problem.

I am going to speak to my Boss Monday morning though. I love my company and job and the people I work with and I would hate to be terminated because of something I am doing for myself that my Dr will not do. (Whole different vent post about my Dr. RRR)

If they chose to fire be me on the grounds I test pos. I would take my happy butt to a reputable lab, have my hair analyzed and my phen and sue when it came out postive for Phen traces, not illegal substances. Especially if they terminated me AFTER I told my Boss about the Phen and AFTER they get a +drug.

But, hey I could be just creating drama when there will be none. I am going to cross my fingers and hope!

Will keep you updated. Has anyone else done testing and what was the outcome?

~Kat
    Start Phen Feb 10th 2006
    4/12/06 CW 238 (RRR)
    LTG 150ish

George Bernard Shaw

Photos
    View albums

I would believe the people who actually have been tested and the results they were given in a random drug test. But it seems here on the boards when people talk that they got tested, you never hear from them again what the results were. They just seem to dissapear never to be heard from again. It would make a good Twilight Zone episode.

Photos
    View albums

Here is some Info I found out on a medical forum:

Hi there,

I took a drug test in July 2005 and today. I have been taking phentermine since 2004. Prior to taking the test, I disclosed that I was taking phentermine, the hospital health services made a copy of the prescription bottle and that was the last time I heard about it. As long as you have a "legal" prescription, there should be no problem. However, it will show up on the drug test because it's a stimulant.

Re: Phentermine and drug testing

The first test will probably be an immunoassay-type test. There can be false positives for methamphetamine or other amphetamines with the use of Phentermine.

The lab should order a GC/MS next for further specifics. Phentermine will not test positive for meth and amphetamines with this test.

You must be honest and present the prescription upon testing. If you have a written script, you could present this. Either way, you need to show you have current legal verification from a licensed provider to actually be taking this medication.

HW: 245 12/17/1995
    LW: 173 05/14/2000 Stopped Phen
    XXXXXXXXXX
    SW: 212 03/09/06 Started Phen
    CW: 193 04/12/06
    GW: 135-145