Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I've been taking 37.5 mg phent for almost 6 months (1st 2 mo. 30mg) I've lost 49 lbs which of coarse I'm exstatic about, but I still have a lot more to go. Phent doesn't seem to be working anymore I don't know what to do. Should I take a brake, change to different med, try supplements, etc? I'm very confused on what to do. And my energy levels are decreasing and my appetite is increasing, HELP! Any advice PLEASE!
    9/1/05 275 lbs

3/12/06 225 lbs

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wow, congrats on all that weigth loss! You look great!!

Well, I can't offer you much valuable advice, since I am not on phen yet, but I have heard others say that when the phen stops working they just take a break for a week or two. You can use something over the counter in the meantime (Hydroxycut, whatever..) to curb your appetite. Then, when you go back on your phen things should pick up.

Again, this is not from experience, just what I have heard. But it sounds right to me.

Hope this helps!!
    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
    s t e p h

I'm on the right...a little windblown!!
    CW- 235
    GW- 130

Platinum Phenster nickandsydsmom's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Wow! You have done awesome!! What are you doing to lose that weigh? Back to your question. Taking a break from Phen. for a couple of weeks should help. Some people on this Forum use CLA or 5-HTP to boost the Phen but I don't know much about that kind of stuff, I'm one of those who doesn't like taking meds so I don't take any extras! Is it still suppressing your appetite at all? Maybe you just need to add some B vitamins for energy? Sorry I'm not much help.
    SW 233
    CW 194

Photos
    View albums

Something that helps me is I take a break from Phen on the weekends (but still stay in my WeightWatchers points range).
    I have a friend whose doc tells her to only take it for four months and then take a month off. Well, I tried it, but I could only last a week..my cravings came back and my energy level went downhill fast! But just taking the break for a week really helped. I could tell a difference the first day back on it.
    Good luck and you're doing great!

1st time taking Phen: 10/08/2005 @ 232 lbs. lost down to 183 lbs. I've been on hiatus ever since.

Starting Phen again: 03/21/08 @ 232 lbs. (how ironic)

Always think positive.

Photos
    View albums

I just took a 5 day break from Phen....(the constipation issues and lack of menses)

took it this morning and don't feel much different, there is no "power surge"...., but I made myself eat a small breakfast omelette (spinach/F.free cheese)

this last break I substituted 15 mg. of Meridia (which doesn't really work well for me)....

sometimes it takes a couple of days for the phen to work it's way into my system.
    11/22/05--Start wt. 180 lbs., 5'5" small framed
    12/05/05--started Phen
    4/30/06--current wt. 150? lbs.
    5/17/06--phen break for 8 days 5/26-restart Ionamin

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Just curious, but are you seeing a doctor? You probably should take a break...I do every couple of months. Just to make sure I can maintain my weightloss and jump start anymore. Also, my doc tells me to skip a day here and there during the week. It really does help. You've done very well so far, though!! Congrats!
    :heart:
    Missy

Photos
    View albums

Thanks everyone for you replies and advice!

IHOPEYOUNEVER- you look so cute in your picture, I've been thinkin about doin that.

NICKANDSYDSMOM- all I really did was stop eating all the time, lol and no fast food, which pretty much gross' me out now. I don't like mixing meds either. Now that I've lost some weight I'm excercising more, It's a lot easier now!

TARHEELJEANNIE- I think I might try taking a break, I'm worried about re-gaining though. I can't see your 2nd picture, but I bet you feel so much better, CONGRATS!

FANGO- I can relate! At GNC you can get a tea called Smooth Move w/senna leaf. You drink it before bed and you will go in the morning ahhh what a relief It's mild and doesn't give you bad stomach cramps like some laxitives You can also get senna in pill form but its a little stonger, and may give some cramps. Senna is natural, so its not quite as strong as the others on the market. For me I was havin problems w/TOM before I lost weight, once I missed a month completly. Now I'm right on time. You might want to see a doc about that.

MISSVIL- You're doin great! I saw a doc a while back who was gonna put me on phent as soon as I stopped taking prazac, but then I lost insur so I ended up ordering online and checking my own BP. But I just got insur again so I'm gonna find a doc on Monday. But I like to have some info and ideas before goin to doc so that I can explain better as to what I want to do with my body. Hopefully It doesn't take forever to get appointment!

Thanks again everyone!

If anyone has more advice please post
    9/1/05 275 lbs

3/12/06 225 lbs

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

aww thank you missingannieb, you are so nice!

I really think your best bet will be to take a short break!! Good luck!!
    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
    s t e p h

I'm on the right...a little windblown!!
    CW- 235
    GW- 130

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You look great!!!

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
    -Joshua J. Marine

Photos
    View albums

Thank you ladies
    I stopped taking phent today and have a appointment for thurs yah! Not! I hate goin to the doctor, and their scale always says I weigh more Has anyone here tried taking breaks? How long do you stop phent before going back on? Do you take anything else in between? Does anyone know about Tenuate/Diethylproprion?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm tryin to learn, I'm not so sure how helpful the doc will be. I can't find a doc in my area that specializes in weight loss. And you know how they are, some believe in weight loss drugs and some don't.

So anyways, keep it up everyone you're doin GREAT
    9/1/05 275 lbs

3/12/06 225 lbs

Photos
    View albums

I started Phen on Dec. 2, started skipping weekends at first, then 1/2 pill some days, then take longer breaks of 3, 4 and finally 5 days. It helped as my body was building up a tolerance.

I'm going to take a 6 day break now...I've heard that it takes 2 weeks to completely leave your system, (it must have a lingering 1/2-life, like some other drugs.) I do take 5-HTP 2x a day, 100mg. I'm working up to taking a 10-14 day break, but i'll miss the energy, especially in the morning...(i work in surgery at get up before 5AM)

On the off cycle I take OTC lipodrene, it's not as good, but helps curb my appetite and that awful crash I get by the 3rd day off.
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

Me too. Taking a break going on Lipodrene for a few weeks then back on Phen!!! I love my Phen but it has worn off.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks ladies for the info!
    do you take 5-htp and lipodrene together, w/ phent, or separate? what do they do, and where do you get them?
    Thanks again I really, really appreciate the help
    9/1/05 275 lbs

3/12/06 225 lbs

Photos
    View albums

You can get 5-HTP at any vitamin shop or even Wal-mart---I take 100mg. AM and PM if I'm taking phen or lipodrene. I started with 50 mg. bottle, it was $8.00? (I had order from a supplement site with 25% off so i ordered more along with lipodrene, it was much less expensive).

GNC also has it....there is a stronger version of lipodrene called Stymerex? or sounds like it....but I have so much *stuff*, I lose weight in my wallet quicker than anything!

I'm going to start my 6 day break from Phen tomorrow...this is the 2nd day I've been hungry, it's only 2PM and I took 1 Ionamin and 1/2 tab of generic....so I've obviously reached my saturation point and need to "de-tox"....not looking forward to the lack of energy.
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

HEy there,
    I was having problems with my phen not be as effective as it was int he beginning..my Dr. had incorporated the HCG injections with the phen...I lost 10 pounds in a week with the injection. I go today to weigh in to see how much I lost this week. I take the Phen and get the injections.
    It's working great for me.
    I bought myfirst 14/16 yesterday..so I am having great success..
    Also, my Dr. told me if I wasn't happy with the weight loss of phen any longer he could give me something stronger..called Bantril. I am not familiar with it, but I hear its good.
    So, I hope I've helped..good luck, and you look great@!!!
    SW 323 Started Phen 10/15

Don't grow weary in well doing....

Photos
    View albums

Bontril is Phentemedrezine...there is a section on it down lower on the message boards. I tried it for a month and I didn't like it...too "speedy" and I still was hungry. (but everyone is different)

Today is the first day of my 6 day Phen break...so far I've taken 1 lipodrene & 5-HTP...I was a bit crabby this AM, but then people can be such ***holes too....
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

I know what ya mean...Have you tried the TIGHT everyone on the boards talking bout? I hear its good.

Photos
    View albums

That's my next option for my *disposable income*, I didn't know whether to try TIGHT or LIPDRENE or that STYMEREX....maybe i could just have my mouth sutured shut for a few days....
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

I don't know about Bontril (Phendimetrazine) being stronger, but you do take the regular ones more often (before meals) instead of 1 pill a day. I've been taking it for almost 2 weeks (the 30mg) and it doesn't cut my appetite near as good as phentermine. But Dumbfox on here used it with great success and liked it better than phen, so yet again, it depends on the person.
    Ht - 5'9"
    272 (12/16), 264 (12/23),262 (1/06), 258 (1/13) 4 weeks,
    257 (1/20) off phen cycle, 251 (2/03) back on phen, 249 (2/10), 248 (2/17), 247 (2/24),246 (3/03) on phendimetrazine, 246 (3/10) Plateau , 244 (3/24), 240 (3/31), 237 (4/7), 236 (4/20), 232 (5/5), 228 (5/19), 227 (6/9), 221 (6/30)
    GW - 190

Visit my PhenBlog

Photos
    View albums

i had take the once a day higher dosage every morning, I just didn't like the mental feeling of being so HIGH while I had to go to work, I was too antsy.
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

Oh is that how it makes you feel?? I was going ot ask my Dr. to switch me to that...I don't have any side effects with the Phen..maybe I should just leave it alone....I don't want to feel High and out of sorts at work...

Fango, youare funny, having your mouth suttured shut...hahahahhehehehehehee

I hope you find something that works better for you. Like I said before I hear that TIGHT is good. the guy over to GNC said he can't keep it in..he says it is a great fat burner and that its so strong you only can take one in a 24 hour period...
    I would most likely give it a try once all these other things stop working for me..
    I'm still having success with the shots, and phen.
    Good Luck to you, let me know if you find anything that you are happy with.

Photos
    View albums

Day #2 off of Phen....I have this vicious headache, but it's most likely because all I had for dinner last night was WINE.

Birthgrl, you look wonderful, congrats on your big loss!
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

Fango...do ya think the WINE could have had something to do with the headache??hehehhehhheee
    You are so funny.
    You know when I started reading your post it put me in the mind of Star Trek...
    "Day 2 Captains Log...Vicious headache"..hehehehehe
    Ok I'm being silly...

Thanks for the compliment on the wieght loss...I'm loving it.

Photos
    View albums

Captain's Log---Day #3 off of Phen....

Feel fine today, no crashing at all and the Lipodrene seems to be working quite well in curbing my appetite....I'm sooo thrilled about being able to wear this pair of slim-cut size 10 jeans that I once could NOT get over my thighs!

but I'm afraid to step on the scale....
    12/05/05--started Phen

Photos
    View albums

O.K you two are havin waaaay too much fun over here! Fango, Birthgrl you're freakin hilarious!

Captain's log--Day #7 off phen.....hehehehe!
    wish I really could laugh my *** off! hehehe hope I can say that, technically it's not a bad word too funny!!

Anyways, I am taking a break, and my stomach is growling So I've been trying to read up on other options. Have either of you tryed switching off and on between phent and phend?

Also a found out that lipodrene has ephedra 25mg, caffeine 100mg, 5-htp, green tea, and hoodia, I might try that, not sure yet, what to spend my $ on,

Captain's log-- day #7 off of phen, hungry and confused, hehehehehe! (sorry had to add that in)

Keep up the good work ladies!

Annie

P.S. I bought my first size 18 in like 6 yrs! yeah!
    9/1/05 275 lbs

3/12/06 225 lbs