Close
    Photos
    View albums

Angry

Ok, I cheated big time when on a eating binge out of this world, but regretted it after it was done, so I decided to take laxative to erase all this out of my system as if it never happened. I am giving my food time to digest and then Im going to take a good laxative to cleanse it all back out.Have anyone else done this

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I have done this. I have had days were I have been good all day, like today, then night hits and phen wears off and I'm reaching for all kinds of stuff. I take Super Dieters Tea when I'm bad, and yes, I've had a cup tonight.
    Andie

HW 262
    CW 220

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

OMG!!! yes i hate this time of night 9:30-10 when the phen wears off i have to start taking it later.......what time do you all take it? but my source for erasing the binge eating are those colon cleanser things from Whole foods......gosh why is it this hard to live a normal life?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Laxatives are not a good practice to purge the binge out of your system. When you cheat why don't you just take fat and carb blockers? This way you eliminate some of the digestive process and bypass some of those calories. Also, you can only take one day at a time so don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow you'll do better so get back on the wagon.

Photos
    View albums

yeah, thats true, but in my case I have to know that when I binge,since Im already regretting it, I have to atleast not suffer the consequences,lol,cant allow one day to throw me off track, I wouldnt do it all the time but if I diet all week long and the weekend come and I binge, I just take the lax.that way Im cool, that one day didnt add a pound or two.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi there!
    Just be aware that though you use a laxative the food still has to float through your internal digestion system, and the calories will still be in you! You cant float the calories away, and in the long run it is the calorie intake that will make you lose or gain weight... The weight you lose on a laxative will mainly be waterloss.
    Mille

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Millie's correct. You are still getting the calories when you use laxatives. That's why I suggested the carb and fat blockers. They block some of the absorption of the food. This way they block the calories as well. Also, if you are binging once in a while the calories will probably not affect you much. That is, if you are being strick 90% of the time.

Photos
    View albums

To each its own, I doubt if calories are still floating around how when theres no food in your system,if your getting rid of all the food you digest the calories are in the food.but whatever, its been helping me, I dont do it all the time, but I do do it when I cheat.

Photos
    View albums

bump

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

everyone is a kind of right.
    i took a nutrition class, I'm no expert but the professor said when you take a laxative you don't gain the weight and yes most is water weight but you dont allow your body to absord the nutrients, inclusing the fats, calories ect.
    on the very down side, laxatives are very bad for you because you can become dependant and then your body will not produce any bowel movements without a stimulant, besides the fact that your body gets no vitamins, also you can develop an eating disorder ( it is a form of bulemia when done persistantly). when you do lose the weight in this way you have premature aging, hair loss. I my self noticed very unhealthy hair and skin from lack of nutrients. its not recommended by me. i myself admit to doing it so i did notice all these symptoms over a short period of time,even so i occasionally do it (about once a month) so im just informing, im paranoid when i do it. i dont think once a month is a bad thing but then again i didnt ask teacher. at first i started doing it saying its better this then getting diabetes and heart disease without knowing the consequences. well i hope this kind of half informs some of you.

[ March 19, 2007, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: IWANTITNOW ]

Photos
    View albums

Absorption occurs primarily in the upper small intestine and laxatives act on the lower large intestine. So, laxatives do not diminish nutrient absorption or reduce calorie intake.

Before @ 165+

Height: 4'9"
    Before phen: 165
    SW: 161.5
    CW: 142
    GW: 120

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Photos
    View albums

Thats why I wait until the food digest(MistyShell), I give it a good hour and then take a laxative,I did weigh myself before my binge, and after my laxative, instead of gaining a coupla of pounds back from that cheat day,I lost a coupla after taking laxative(2-3)pounds, thats why I say it works for me.JUST ON MY CHEAT DAYS!

Photos
    View albums

bump

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

can someone recommend a carb blocker, calorie blocker or whatever there is out in the market that is good and doesnt interact with phen? i'd to do some research so any suggestions would help.
    thx

[ March 27, 2007, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: IWANTITNOW ]

Photos
    View albums

I have taken a laxitive but not to loose weight. i have used Colonix in the past to cleanse my system. I guess one time would not hurt but ya dont want to make it a habit, and loose controll of it (not the poo poo) I mean in your life and use it to loose weight. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY for cheating, and over eating. YOU ARE HUMAN and I bet most of the people in this forum slip up once in a while. I KNOW I HAVE.

Photos
    View albums

I know I shouldnt do it, but I feel so guilty afterwards, and I have to get rid of it some how, or it will continue to be on my mind, and every weekend i always result to this, my family always bring home restaurant and I cant seem to avoid it, plus Im lowcarbing so when I smell something delicious, its very hard for me to avoid

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Smile

actually now that shelly mentioned it, she is right, i remember her saying something like that about people not really losing the calories.
    YOU NEED CARBS, that is one thing i am sure of,a good diet consists of mostly of good complex carbs.
    COMPLEX CARBS are the key, carbs high in fiber, they actually bind themselves to fat and help release it from your body. this I am sure of.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Nights have always been tough for me as well. I've even gone to bed at 9:00 just to stop eating or having that extra glass of wine -- which generally is not a good option for me because I have teenage children.

What has worke for me the last time I was on phen was to take it later in the day. Morning and afternoon eating is not an issue for me -- I tend to eat very healthfully during the day. Then dinner would come and it was as if the dinner hour never ended. So, I started taking phen at around 2 and then I was able to stay in control at dinner and at night. I make sure that I get some exercise in the afternoon so that I don't have trouble falling asleep at night -- and also, I do allow myself a glass of red wine, which relaxes me. I know they say to be careful with alcohol and phen, but I'm home, its 9:30 at night and I feel like the system works for me.

Photos
    View albums

omg, thinw/in, i started doing the exact same thing, taking my phen at 2, and it is working so well for me, i dont get to hungry during the evenings actual i have to force myself to eat dinner,this was the best adjustment i have made