Close
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

oh saturday night i had a few drinks, can this be related to my sudden weigh gain? also, i didnt take phen since friday-monday because i knew i would drink saturday and i dont phen and alcohol dont mix, dont want to endanger my life..

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

IWANTITNOW - I usually lose a little weight after drinking because alcohol dehydrates me... but I gain a TON of water weight after eating pizza. It has so much sodium that it makes me retain pounds of water. Drink a lot of water today and let us know what you weigh tomorrow... it's gotta go down! Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

Has anyone had good results from CLA that is NOT Tonalin CLA? I wanted to start taking CLA and found 3 whole bottles of it in my house... none of which are expired AND none of which are Tonalin. I know Tonalin is supposed to be better but does the other CLA still work? I'd hate to have these go to waste so I'd like to start taking them... at the same time, if nobody's had good results from regular CLA then why take'm? :thinking: In that case, I should probably spend the $ to get the Tonalin kind.

Please help! Any comments would be appreciated.

Photos
    View albums

Pizza makes me feels like a water balloon! I gain tons of water from it! Drink lots of water and walk a little extra. That should do it.
    HW 232 pregnancy
    10/07 starting weight 203lbs
    1/08 Starting Phen 188
    2/08 176
    3/08 172
    5/08 166
    06/08 Ended phen 152 -51lbs
    Maintaining...
    Starting phen again after over two years of maintaining!
    10/10 starting weight 161lbs
    11/10 - 155lbs -6lbs

Goal 142 by New year's!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by bratface:
    Has anyone had good results from CLA that is NOT Tonalin CLA? I wanted to start taking CLA and found 3 whole bottles of it in my house... none of which are expired AND none of which are Tonalin. I know Tonalin is supposed to be better but does the other CLA still work? I'd hate to have these go to waste so I'd like to start taking them... at the same time, if nobody's had good results from regular CLA then why take'm? :thinking: In that case, I should probably spend the $ to get the Tonalin kind.

Please help! Any comments would be appreciated.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Ok, let me try this again....

bratface, i remember doing some research awhile back and you don't necessarily have to buy Tonalin CLA, but it has to have the CLA by Tonalin in it. From what I recall, it was the only brand that the "true" amount of CLA that it says on the back of the bottle. Because the FDA does not regulate supplements, you don't necessarily get what yo pay for. That goes for all supplements (herbal, vitalmins, etc...).

Photos
    View albums

I don't think the brands I have have CLA by Tonalin in them either. If the difference is the amount of CLA in the pills and not that the CLA itself is different, maybe I could just up the dosage a bit? Any thoughts?

LZ
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

IWANTITNOW, I think you must have quite a bit of water weight gain. Pizza is pretty high in sodium. Don't panic, as long as you get back on your plan the scale will go back down.

Good luck!
    ...Starting over 1/11/13 190.2

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I think it is the amount. I honestly can't tell you to go ahead and take more, just because I don't know the amount that is in your brands of CLA. They can say whatever they want is in there and not get in trouble. There is a book by Linda Page called Healthy Healing. She also has a website. She lists reputable supplement brands in the back of her book.

Photos
    View albums

Thank you so much, cccc. I really appreciate your responses to me and I'm going to at least check out Linda's web site. Thanks!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wink

the cla or green tea(which i started taking on sunday) got me very constipated (eww) and also i retained alot of water like all of you said, i wasnt drinking water either, i lost 5 lbs since this morning, i started drinking alot of water yesterday night, and i had taken a laxative on sunday night (same day i started green tea and cla since i hadnt taken phen since friday) and the laxative didnt kick in till this morning (tuesday), i was getting terrible cramps. that was strange, a laxative working for the first time 2 days after taking them (dulcolax), guess it was to many pills (cla, green tea, lax), plus sunday night i drank a few drinks(incase u missed that part). i tried not taking to many things at once by not taking the phen, i only started taking phen again today this afternoon since my bowels were empty. i was afraid because i had never been constipated like that.. thanks so much for your responses everyone
    :heart:

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm new to this site. I've been taking phen, CLA and green tea for the last 6 days but I stop taking the green tea since I was feeling kinda sick. I'm not sure if it's the green tea or if it's the CLA or Phen.

I started 6 days ago and have lost 6 pounds but I'm not sure if I should conitue because I'm getting real bad head aches. Any one else have this problem. Please share.

I don't want to stop but I'm not sure what to do.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I forgot to also add that I haven't been drinking as much water either. Do you think that has something to do with it also.

Photos
    View albums

Yes, I got headaches with the GT, CLA, PHEN combo. I believe it is the GT. I quit taking it for awhile. Sometimes I just take 1 tab in the afternoon now.
    GW 175

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

joggrri,
    Thanks for the information. Does the headache go away after a while?

SW 236 Oct 3 2006
    cw 230 Oct 10 2006
    GW 135

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Iwantitnow, just speaking from experience with constipation, after I had my child, the doc gave me dulcolax b/c I had an episiotomy. I had never taken any type of lax b4. I took them like prescribed until I was healed. That was 3 years ago. I haven't had a normal bowel movement since. Be4 I was very regular, you could set a clock by it. :0 Anyway, I would go weeks at a time if I didn't take something. I began using Senna (generic walmart brand of Senicot) A natural stool softner. It is way less harsh than lax, barely any cramping. Anyway to my point, After starting phen (be4 CLA and greentea) The senna wasn't even working. Then I read that it is very important to consume a lot of water while taking phen, not only to keep your bowel in order, but also the dry mouth that comes along with phen use will rapidly decay your teeth. When I began drinking 6 16.9 oz. bottles of water a day my senna began working again. What I'm saying is beware of laxitives, they are addicting to your body, and drink lots of water. I hope it will help you out, I know how miserable it is.

Madison, I didn't get headaches, but maybe lay off the green tea and see if it helps. If you are drinking a lot of caffeine in other forms you may be getting too much. Just a thought. I hope you feel better.

-Venessa
    SW 152.5 8-23-06
    CW 148 8-25-06 WOW!
    CW 141 9-2-06 YAY!!
    CW 137 9-10-06
    CW 134 9-20-06
    GW 125

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

where are folks ordering their phen if not from doc. I tried one site but they turned me down.

Photos
    View albums

I have taken phen off and on for years but never lost this much weight at once.
    I have lost 16 pounds in three weeks with this combonation!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starting weight august of 2007 ,250
    cw:185 pounds
    goal weight: 150
    No longer on phentermine since august of 2007.

LZ
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Madison, I PM'd you some information.
    ...Starting over 1/11/13 190.2

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi All

I'm new here so bear with me. For those of you who are taking mulitvitamins for women with your CLA and GT, which multivitamin are you taking?

Thanks,
    Carly

Photos
    View albums

OK I gave into this whole thing... I got some CLA dn green tea extract! I hope it helps... I need more feedback on who has actually lost weight. from real people... this almost seems like a sales ploy... however, i am still wililng to try it. Let the games begin.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Crazy, it's not so much WEIGHT on the scale I lost, it's the inches and fat loss with CLA for me.

The stomach area and face were the places I noticed first.

I'm bummed though, I had to quit taking it because it upset my stomach so much and made me severly constipated even though I drank extra water.

How about everyone else?

Photos
    View albums

I'll say it again! I :heart: CLA.

The womens multivitamin that I take is (Walmart generic for One a Day)Equate Women's One Daily with calcium, Iron and Zinc. $3.88 for 100 tablets. I have used these for years.

This is not a sales ploy at all. It is really amazing what this combo can do. The CLA does take some getting use to.Luckily taking it right after I eat works for me as far as the nausea it can cause. That is really important. I too am constipated most of the time (even w/ the stool softeners)but I use the Super Dieters Tea for that. I am willing to work around the constipation for the results I am getting. Something else I have noticed is that if I overeat on the weekends (or dont eat as healthy as I should)and my scale shows a few extra pounds on Monday morn, It is not as hard as it use to be to get those pounds off and maybe one or two more if I am lucky. I just have a few more pounds to go so that might be why it has gotten easier to take off the weekend regain. I personally think it is the CLA. My body is getting so toned. I cant believe it. For anybody who is doing this and hasnt seen the results.....just be patient. It only took about 4 weeks for me but some have reported that it can take up to 2 months to notice anything and it is usually a drop in clothing size (inches)How a person can lose inches and not weight is mind boggling for me. Also it is very important to stay consistant with them, taking the recommended amount everyday.
    I would be interested in what a personal trainer, nutritionist, doctor, pharmacist, etc... has to say about CLA and Green Tea. So if anyone is seeing one of these, mention it and see what they say.
    GW 175

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

joggrri, that is great to know someone else is having the results I have. I ordered some of the tea also (didnt know you could buy it at walmart <doh&gt

After 10 days of having no BM I was ready to hit the drs office - the pain was almost unbearable and my stomach couldnt even handle anything but soup and an occassional sandwhich.

Finally yesterday I found out why. I started my ToM almost 2 weeks early ugh - that may be the reason for the upset stomach and pain - I have horrible female problems that have gotten tremendously better since I started with Phen.

With the tea and this happening, I'm going to try my CLA again starting Monday if I'm feeling better. I cant wait to get my tea and start CLA again.

btw, I gave my green tea pills to my son's g/f and she has seen a huge improvement in her appetite in the past week and had lots of energy.

Photos
    View albums

I think my last post got deleted? I don't know why. Well I started CLA and green tea yesterday. I lost 2 1/2 pounds already! And I took it mid-day only 1 time.

Bronze Phenster Snoochiiboochii's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

About the Laxatives. let me start off by saying that I am very (ahem)...regular . But there are times when it just will not come out. I take 1 "Senna Leaf Tea Bag" right before I go to bed. By 6 a.m I am on the toilet and trust me.. It works really well.

The Laxative is by Alvita and It's a dream.

There has got to be more to life than a 3 digit number.

HW: 250 (2003 - early 2004)
    CW: 215 (As of 9.30.06)
    Waiting on Phen to
    Arrive!!
    CW: 214 10.02.06 (Still waiting on my Phen to Arrive!!)
    CW: 213 10.03.06 (Phen should be here today!!)
    CW: 210 10.03.06 (What the hell happened with this ?? Started phen today)
    CW: 208.5 as of 10.04.06 ( is this esculator going down? )
    CW: 204.5 as of 10/11/06
    CW: 200 as of 11/01/06 ( It's a slow journey but 16 lbs in a month is better than losing nothing at all. I'm taking this and running with it..)

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am so happy....I started CLA again yesterday morning. I had no problems with taking it so I took my 2nd dose last night and still no stomach upset like the previous 3 or 4 days.

I got my tea in the mail on Sat. morning and I drank a cup about 1pm. It didn't work for me until Sunday around 11 am.

When I got on the scale this morning it said 239.5 and I had to get back off and look again

Another very good thing happened this wknd: I had a dress I bought for Easter size 22, I couldn't fit into it when Easter came around so I put it in my closet.

While cleaning my closet a few weeks ago, I found it and tried it on. It's a cute dress so I decided to "fix" it and take it up so I could wear it if I wanted. I took it apart yesterday and put the extra pieces on my bar and went to try it on.

I came back out with it on and my husband said wow that looks great (I said ok who are you and what did you do with my husband?) he just laughed and asked what was on the counter - I said that's the material I took out of this dress for it to fit.

Ready for the amazing part? I took out almost 23 inches of material in the skirt of this dress. I was so floored I had to measure it ! lol almost 2 foot just leaves me speechless.

[ October 16, 2006, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: lmt033167 ]

Photos
    View albums

Imt--2 FEET, that's AWESOME. You are doing GREAT. I have been on the CLA for almost a month now and I am actually starting to notice that my clothes are fitting better. But, like everyone else says, the scale hasn't really moved. Just can't figure that out. But, if I'm losing inches, then I could care less about the scale, right? I say everyone should take the CLA if it doesn't upset your stomach, because you have nothing to lose, (except inches )
    Cary

HW: Feb. 2004 - 135
    Phen 1st time: 131 Apr. 2004
    Reached goal: 115 June 2004
    HEIGHT: 5'1"
    CW: 124 9/13
    CW: 122 10/2 - Start 3-day apple detox
    CW: 119 10/4 - After 2 days apple detox
    CW: 120 10/18
    CW: 119 10/23 (after TOM)
    CW: 118 11/01
    CW: 121 11/13 AUGGGHH! (TOM on the way)
    CW: 119 11/17 YAY! Water weight gone!
    CW: 121 Clothes tight, out of control!!!!! AUGGGHHH!
    CW: 120 12/6 TOM on the way
    CW: 117!!! 12/8 Happy, but can't help thinking the scale is wrong...
    CW: 117 12/15 Still hanging in there...

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i bought the lax tea, but i take it like now (5pm) and i dont think cla will do anything since I'm about to take a laxative. should i take any pills (green tea, cla) after taking a lax? does anyone know anything about this?

Photos
    View albums

Congrats to everyone..... both stories are awesome.
    I always take my supplements as usual and let whatever happens, happen.
    GW 175

Photos
    View albums

hi first congrats on all of your weight loss i had a couple of ?'s first do you have to take the green tea?

i lose track when i have to take alot of pills

also if the green tea is required can you drink it as a tea?

anyone that is doing the phen and Cla how is it working for you? sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure i do this right

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Photos
    View albums

lmt - the story about your dress is incredible! keep it up!

Photos
    View albums
    I bought my CLA and Green Tea Pills at Walmart tonight and can't wait to get started tomorrow!

Got to get this train moving down the track!

04/10/2010- 208 (Started Phen)
    04/20/2010-201
    05/06/2010-196.6
    05/18/2010-191.3
    08/12/2010-189.2
    08/25/2010-187.0 (I have to start working out!)

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Photos
    View albums

After reading this board I also went to Walmart and will be starting the CLA and Green Tea pills. I'm taking Phendimetrazine though not Phen. I've taken a few months off and really need to lose the last 20 pounds. You guys are an inspiration!

SW: 198, 1/06
    2/06, 194 - started phen
    4/06, 175 - started phen D
    5/06, 170 - stopped phen D
    6/06 - 9/06 plateau and stopped eating right
    CW: 170, 1/06
    GW: 150

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have been doing the phen, CLA, and green tea for about month now and have noticed a big difference. It has helped even when I have had TOM visiting. Wal-Mart has been the cheapest I have found it along with the green tea. Itís also great when I take a break from phen and keep using the CLA and green tea. Lisa
    First Goal
    sw 225 8/7/06

Challenge 8/14/06-11/30/06
    cw 214.00 -11 8/14/06 cw 210.00 -4 8/21/06 cw 210.00 0 tom 8/28/06 cw 210.20 0 9/4/06 cw 208.00 -2.2 9/11/06 cw 205.2 -2.8 9/18/06 cw 205.00 -.2 9/25/06
    cw 206.2 +1.2 10/02/006 TOM cw 203.8 -2.4 10/09/03 cw 202.00 -1.8 10/16/06 cw 204.40 +2.4 10/23/06 TOM cw 204.4 0 10/30/06

New Size for New Year!!!
    cw 203.00 -1.4 10/31/06 size 16
    cw 203.00 0 11/7/06 size 16-14
    Mini Goal of 190 By Nov 30

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast