Close
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree299Likes

Thread: Let's Share Our Results And Support Each Other!

Photos
    View albums

Default Let's Share Our Results And Support Each Other!

When I was on here before a couple months back, we used to share our weekly results and keep each other motivated, and it helped a lot to see people losing and not losing, to know that you're not alone and that everyone experiences plateaus and stalls and not to worry.

Anyways, I started back on phen (my third time) at the start of september and weighed 196lbs at the start, my highest weight for a long time, even before phen the first time I wasn't that heavy, so it was a shock. I lost 9lbs in the first month and then only 1lb in two weeks, then I just weighed yesterday and I was down another 1lb, so I am at 185 now. I want to get down to about 140 so I have a ways to go. I'm doing better with the side effects now, I always get dry mouth but it's not so bad this time, and no depression or headaches like before.

I would love to hear how you're all doing! Happy weekend

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Tanya, I lost 5lbs the first week (well, 4.8lbs) and then 2lbs this week, I started at 216 and now down to 209!! I cannot wait to see a 1 at the start on the scale!

I asked on here about food recommendations, I am so clueless about what's right and what's not. Do you have any suggestions?

Have a great weekend too!

Gold Phenster valsdetermined2lose's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Default I'm back!

Hello, I'm back too. Just started back taking adipex 2 days ago. Hoping to lose the rest of this baby weight.
    Hey, are we checking in here every week with results? I'd love to share my results and get support.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya200 View Post
    When I was on here before a couple months back, we used to share our weekly results and keep each other motivated, and it helped a lot to see people losing and not losing, to know that you're not alone and that everyone experiences plateaus and stalls and not to worry.

Anyways, I started back on phen (my third time) at the start of september and weighed 196lbs at the start, my highest weight for a long time, even before phen the first time I wasn't that heavy, so it was a shock. I lost 9lbs in the first month and then only 1lb in two weeks, then I just weighed yesterday and I was down another 1lb, so I am at 185 now. I want to get down to about 140 so I have a ways to go. I'm doing better with the side effects now, I always get dry mouth but it's not so bad this time, and no depression or headaches like before.

I would love to hear how you're all doing! Happy weekend

Photos
    View albums

Default Hi

Loobylonglegs, great loss! You and I both can't wait to see a 1 something on the scale but your closer than me! As far as food I try to do mostly protein but not always. Dense protein meats (chicken,fish) and vegetables, I'm trying to stay away from carbs but still have them so I set a limit on carbs daily to maintain under 100 grams a day and protein at least 80 a day.
    I basically eat what I want cause everyone is different. Drinking my 8 to 10 glass of water and I admit I sometimes have a ginger ale soda once in a while.
    With phentermine it's so hard to make yourself eat most days so when half of the day has gone by and I realize I haven't eaten much I drink meal replacement protein shakes , so at least I'm getting my nutrition.
    If I don't drink my protein I notice in the past the I'll crash and screw up.
    This is only my 2nd day back on and so far so good. I had great results before on phen and living proof it works well as long as you stick to your meal plan and exercise.

Good luck, looking forward to Sharing updates with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by loobylonglegs View Post
    Hi Tanya, I lost 5lbs the first week (well, 4.8lbs) and then 2lbs this week, I started at 216 and now down to 209!! I cannot wait to see a 1 at the start on the scale!

I asked on here about food recommendations, I am so clueless about what's right and what's not. Do you have any suggestions?

Have a great weekend too!
    dolliette likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Hey looylonglegs, welcome to the forum! That IS a great loss to get you going for the first couple of weeks! I can't offer much help with the food as I'm not ttoally sure what to eat and what's bad for me as it seems to change all the time, but I do try hard to choose low sugar things, and look more closely now at foods that I used to think were diet-friendly, like weight watchers ready meals for example. I also try to get as much protein as possible like Val says, and a ton of water, and now I always eat brown rice and not white, whole grain pasta and bread, and cereals with more fiber like All Bran. There's good advice on this site too, like I saw an article about foods to burn fat, so maybe get some ideas there?

Hey Val! I remember you from earlier in the year, hows it going?! That was the idea I had, to share our weekly weigh ins and just chat I guess, share ideas, side effects all that, support each other. I was thinking of asking my doctor about switching to adipex as I heard it's better than generic phen, have you tried both and do you think that Adipex is better? What day do you weigh in? I normally weigh on Thursdays!
    dolliette likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Update

I would like to join. I started 9/21 at the starting weight of 166.5 I am now at 156.5. Woo Hoo 10lbs. I walk/run 2 miles everyday. Eat Lean meats and try to add a lot of veggies. I drink like 8 water bottles a day. I am not eating a lot slower it helps me not eat so much. My Goal is 135 but I will be happy at 140. Its gonna be a long road but I am ready. I am also looking into that 21 day fix to help with portion control and I heard the dvd's are great.
    dolliette and stlladibug like this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by huggiebear23 View Post
    I would like to join. I started 9/21 at the starting weight of 166.5 I am now at 156.5. Woo Hoo 10lbs. I walk/run 2 miles everyday. Eat Lean meats and try to add a lot of veggies. I drink like 8 water bottles a day. I am not eating a lot slower it helps me not eat so much. My Goal is 135 but I will be happy at 140. Its gonna be a long road but I am ready. I am also looking into that 21 day fix to help with portion control and I heard the dvd's are great.
    Huggiebear, we are in the same boat! I want to join too in this journey with you all.
    First time on phentermine I got down to 148 and was so happy...now I'm at 160.
    I want to get down to 140 as well. I'm going to try adding in weight lifting but the hardest part for me is the healthy eating. It's a stuggle!

Photos
    View albums

Hey! You're doing so great huggiebear, well done!! What's the 21 day fix? Is it a workout dvd, or diet and exercise too?

That's great deftonesgirl, only 20lbs to go!

So, I weighed yesterday and I'm 184, so another pound down, I'm a little disappointed, I know I shouldn't be but I was so good and even did some walking. I get real disheartened quickly, I think that's what lets me down. I need to take my own advice and realize that anything is good and the main thing is to get my weight down, and if that means slowly then better than not at all.

Hiope everyone had a good week, I would love to hear your results!

Photos
    View albums

Default Congrats

Great job everyone! Tanya 1 pound is better than nothing, good job. It's one thing I've learned for sure in this journey is to give myself credit for every Ounce I see lost on the scale. Keep up the good work ladies!

Hey! You're doing so great huggiebear, well done!! What's the 21 day fix? Is it a workout dvd, or diet and exercise too?

So, I weighed yesterday and I'm 184, so another pound down, I'm a little disappointed, I know I shouldn't be but I was so good and even did some walking. I get real disheartened quickly, I think that's what lets me down. I need to take my own advice and realize that anything is good and the main thing is to get my weight down, and if that means slowly then better than not at all.

tanya200 likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Default Forgot to update

Oh I forgot to update I'm down 1 pound this week also!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Thanks Val!

Well done to you too!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Update! I am down to 164.5. Lost 2 more pounds. But I ran out of pills. I have an appointment this week. I want to try to stay off. Anyone have any luck?
    tanya200 likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by huggiebear23 View Post
    Update! I am down to 164.5. Lost 2 more pounds. But I ran out of pills. I have an appointment this week. I want to try to stay off. Anyone have any luck?

I just reread this and I totally put down the wrong weight. lol I am 155 lbs. I have lost 11.5 lbs. Which I totally see the difference. Now I am off the pills. I do notice food a lot!! I am hoping that the doctor will put me on them for at least 2 more months. So I can get thru the holiday season. lol
    tanya200 likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Well done huggiebear! Did you see the doctor yet? Hope you get your two months, at least then you have until new years.

Ok so I just realized I didn't update last week, oops! I was 182.7, so 1.3lbs down. Seems like a pound a week is my standard now...but, I 'm not weighing today as I had a horrible week and did so bad I know it, been working lots and overtime too, so lots of late nights and not eating right. I am back on it from today, I had oatmeal and frozen berries for breakfast, veggies and hummus for my snack this am, fish and salad for lunch and now I have a mint tea no sugar. Feeling today! So I will weigh on Monday from now, hoping it keeps me good on weekends, that's the idea anyways!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default New Here

Hello I'm new here and also would like to join in on this. This is my very first time of taking phen. I get nervous of taking them with this high blood pressure but my doctor prescribed them and told me to take half to start out with. With seeing so many negative and positive past reviews, it will help me see live reviews and encouragement. I did take 3/4 of the pill and had palpitations, got very moody so I backed down this week to the half. This is my second day.

Question: Do you all eat before taking it or does it matter? Im eating but just curious.

Photos
    View albums

Hey dolliette, that's good you reduced to a half pill - really you should follow what the doctor says, especially if you have high blood pressure. How are you feeling on the half? Any side effects?

I eat after I take it - my doctor said to wait an hour but I just don't have that much time in the morning so I take it, get myself ready then eat maybe 40 minutes after the pill and go to work.
    dolliette likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm feeling okay. Not too wired as I did with 3/4. He actually told me to take one a day, but then I asked can I take half to see how my body does with it. So after taking half for a few days I bumped up to 3/4 and felt really bad, shaky, palpitations, etc. I get really nervous after reading bad reviews so I think it's a mind thing. I haven't felt any rush today or yesterday but I did notice last night I had trouble going to sleep. I think because I took it late in the morning yesterday.

Photos
    View albums

Hey dolliette, yeah I find it better to take it first thing. I had trouble with taking it too late on weekends cause I like to sleep-in but then one Sunday night I didn't get to sleep until around 4am so now I set my alarm, take it and go back to sleep. That seems to work for me. Maybe you could increase to 3/4 if you don't feel it working for you, but if you're doing good on a half then great!

So, to report my losses for yesterday, I was down 2lbs to 183, super pleased with that! I still got around 40lbs to lose, I didn't set an exact goal weight yet, I will see how hard it gets the closer I am and maybe stop at 145, not certain yet. But anyways, 2lbs closer!
    dolliette likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Hello

This is my first time posting but I'll be done with my 2nd month on phentermine in about a week. A short summary of my weight story, I am 5'4 and up until my first pregnancy under 7 years ago I was always a bit under weight at about 105. I put on about 45 with my pregnancy which my doctor estimated before I was even showing. After he was born the weight was coming off fairly quickly with nursing and then the next year it started coming on again until I was far higher than my pregnancy weight. I started exercising and watching my diet and caloric intake when I got in the upper 140s and despite this I continued to gain weight. By this year I had gotten up to 167, my thyroid was checked with a blood test and scan and turned out fine. I have suspected that my weight gain was possibly due to severe stress on me and my marriage because of MiL issues.

So I started at 167 at the start of phentermine, cardio 45 mins a day 5 days a week and have stuck to a diet of lean protein, fruits, and vegetables and half my weight in water ounces. Through reasearch, trial and error I have discovered the best way for me to do exercise is, wake up and take a pill and drink about 25 oz of water. I then immediately do my 45 mins of cardio and eat afterwards (usually an egg and some grapes). I eat about 5 times a day in smallish quantities and make sure I stay under 1200 calories but not below 900. I know the trick is to not be unrealistic with diet and exercise, don't do anything you can't maintain after the pills. I was tempted in the beginning to work out every day and decided to leave room for improvement after the pills. So I will incorporate strength training 1-2 days a week after the pills. I also have a couple cheat meals on weekends, not in large quantities though, I basically eat whatever I want for those meals/snacks.

My had been weighing myself every monday morning at the same time that first month and saw about 4 lbs lost first week and almost nothing weeks 2 and 3, then at my doctor weigh in at week 4 she said I had lost 16 lbs. Apparently my scale is not working correctly. My 2nd weigh in is this Saturday and according to my scale at home (same one) I am now 145.8 so I imagine I will be less by then.

I would love to get to the mid or lower 120s by Christmas but I don't know if that will happen. She may not give me a 3rd month on the pills. I will certainly keep up with my diet and exercise but I worry about any underlying issues that may have caused my weight gain to begin with, besides stress. In that case I could gain weight again no matter what I do. I see people who say they gain everything back and then some after but those same people usually say they also did not diet and exercise. Don't see many stories of people who maintained a healthy lifestyle for some reason.
    dolliette and bfrost like this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Tingling in fingers

I'm having tingling in my fingers today, and I think I noticed it another day. Has anyone had that before while on phen?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey there! I started Phentermine 37.5 tabs on November 20 and today (12/9) I'm down 18 pounds! Yippee!!!! I'm so happy this stuff works so well, I really needed that kick in the butt to get me going!
    tanya200 and Cassieb58 like this.

Me at my heaviest (201lbs) in early November 2015

Me as of 12/11/15!

Photos
    View albums

Great progress light_at_the_end! I will weigh in on Monday but so far these are my stats (I haven't updated for a while on here):

Start Weight (Sept 8th): 196

Current Weight (on Monday): 175.2

Goal Weight: 145

I haven't lost that much in the last month or so, about 8lbs, but I am pleased with myself at the moment as I joined the gym last month as there was a special on so I didn't pay the registration fee. Anyways, I have gone 3 times a week every week since I joined so I feel like I am meeting goals, as I am coming to see that it's not all about weight loss, and I am getting to really enjoy my gym trips

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Great progress light_at_the_end! I will weigh in on Monday but so far these are my stats (I haven't updated for a while on here):

Start Weight (Sept 8th): 196

Current Weight (on Monday): 175.2

Goal Weight: 145

I haven't lost that much in the last month or so, about 8lbs, but I am pleased with myself at the moment as I joined the gym last month as there was a special on so I didn't pay the registration fee. Anyways, I have gone 3 times a week every week since I joined so I feel like I am meeting goals, as I am coming to see that it's not all about weight loss, and I am getting to really enjoy my gym trips
    Thanks! I really need to kick up the exercising, it would probably my increase my weight loss by quite a bit. So far my walking all over and standing rather than sitting seems to help. I just absolutely hate exercise, mostly because I don't enjoy the clubber bouncing around. Lol

Me as of 12/11/15!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lol clubber... *flubber. I also do squats in sets of 10 throughout the day, it's helping me gain muscle. I love squats, just 10 of them get my heart racing (I hold each squat for 3 seconds then the last one for 10). I'm breathing hard and everything after just 10!

Me as of 12/11/15!

Photos
    View albums

Lol clubber! Yes to squats, we do them in this bootcamp class I go to on Fridays, and then in pilates we have to do 3 wall sits for a minute each - sooo hard!! I did feel self conscious at first but then something that really inspired me was this little instructor we had one week who wasn't your usual slim perfect instructor - she had serious booty and boobs and was really moving it and smiling and laughing, she was a real good mover and it made me think that it's more about just having fun, so I started to just let go and enjoy it more.

Ok, so I am hyped as I weighed this morning and saw a big loss for me!! Last Monday I was just 175.2 and today I was 172.6!! So I lost 2.6lbs this week!!

How's everyone doing today?!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Lol clubber! Yes to squats, we do them in this bootcamp class I go to on Fridays, and then in pilates we have to do 3 wall sits for a minute each - sooo hard!! I did feel self conscious at first but then something that really inspired me was this little instructor we had one week who wasn't your usual slim perfect instructor - she had serious booty and boobs and was really moving it and smiling and laughing, she was a real good mover and it made me think that it's more about just having fun, so I started to just let go and enjoy it more.

Ok, so I am hyped as I weighed this morning and saw a big loss for me!! Last Monday I was just 175.2 and today I was 172.6!! So I lost 2.6lbs this week!!

How's everyone doing today?!
    Great job! It's always a good say when the scale goes down 😊 I had my first month weigh in today and my doctor said I'm the first person she's ever seen drop 20lbs in a month. My "low calorie" beer bloated me more than I thought, stopping drinking helped me drop all my water weight. I'm proud of my decisions and new lifestyle.
    I need to get into a gym or something. It's just hard, I have two toddlers and my husband works late. Childcare at gyms can really add up! I don't like exercising in front of the TV, it bores me. Maybe one day I'll be able to get a membership!
    tanya200 and AdriJo like this.

Me as of 12/11/15!

Photos
    View albums

Hey everyone! Agreed light_at_the_end, 20lbs in a month is amazing!

I was super excited to see my scale nearly at 170 this morning, I dropped 1.8lbs this week and now I'm at 170.8 - so close to getting into the 160s!! I have a cold at the moment and really didn't feel like the gym but I still went to zumba on saturday, and although my dancing was even worse than usual, I did feel better after the class. Hopefully this is a turning point for me. I feel like I'm keeping my new years resolutions and it's not even january yet, so I have a head start!
    AdriJo likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Hope you all had a good christmas, mine was great, and we actually got out of the house and went for a walk on Saturday instead of sitting around, so it made a change. I weighed in this morning although I was scared to look, but I actually still lost a little!!!! So, last week I was 170.8 and today I was 170.4, so 0.4 drop but hey, I would normally have gained for sure, so I am super pleased!! How did everyone do over christmas?

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default First week results :(

I started phentermine on Dec. 19th. I'm now on day 10 and my weight is basically the same as when I started which is 220. I did go down to 217 on one day, but it's been fluctuating everyday and now I'm back where I started. My diet has been good, I'm exercising everyday and I'm drinking more Han enough water. Has anyone has a slow start and then the weight loss started picking up in week 2 or 3? I'm trying to stay positive and wait it out to see if things will change, but if they don't soon then I may stop because it's not worth taking the pills and feeling "off" all the time if they may not work. By the way I'm taking Phentermine 37.5.

Thanks to anyone who responds. I'm new here..
    Last edited by Peacefullme; December 28th, 2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Left something out

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Weightloss

I've had great success when on Phen. I am currently taking a month off- well actually- working on my second month off. I lost a total of 23 lbs in the three months going from 167lbs to 144lbs (at my lowest) and maintained by working out (Running 6miles 5 days a week plus the elliptical or Stair climber). I still workout 5 days a week while NOT on the phen- I did gain about 4/5 lbs after stopping but I knew that would happen because I love food and moving from a hot climate to a cold winter one has impacted my eating habits and activity level. But- I know not taking a break can have very bad consequences (and I got all the way down to 142Lbs and people thought I was sick- I'm 5'5). I'll probably try phen again around March- 3 months off should make for a pretty clean system and prepare me for my 37th birthday body in April.

I had a few side affects (I have been an on and off user for two years)- numb fingers randomly, rashes, rapid heart beat, headachs, dry mouth, cold feet and mood swings. Yup- had it all....but since I am aware of these side affects I monitor everything while taking phen. My mood swings were really bad at one point though and I almost lost my relationship- so.....now I am double aware of my mood when taking it and it was another reason for a break. Anyways, good luck to you all on your journey! My total weightloss since 2002 (diet and exercise NO surgery) is 110 pounds (of which phentermine only assisted when I started gaining weight due to my crazy schedule and eating habits from working an overnight shift at work at the time)- most of the loss was on me and my efforts. However, with age- help is def needed and I'm not afraid of getting it here and there.
    tanya200 likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Peacefullme View Post
    I started phentermine on Dec. 19th. I'm now on day 10 and my weight is basically the same as when I started which is 220. I did go down to 217 on one day, but it's been fluctuating everyday and now I'm back where I started. My diet has been good, I'm exercising everyday and I'm drinking more Han enough water. Has anyone has a slow start and then the weight loss started picking up in week 2 or 3? I'm trying to stay positive and wait it out to see if things will change, but if they don't soon then I may stop because it's not worth taking the pills and feeling "off" all the time if they may not work. By the way I'm taking Phentermine 37.5.

Thanks to anyone who responds. I'm new here..

Hey peacefullme, I have definitely seen people on here with the same problem as you, and their losses do get going, it can just take some people a little longer. Something to remember is that phentermine doesn't make you lose weight, it just gives you a boost to so if it is curbing your hunger and giving you the energy to exercise more then it's doing its job. There's some tips on the site about what to do if you're not losing weight, here is the link - http://www.phentermine.com/blog/why-...h-phentermine/ - it could be something you hadn't thought of, like not sleeping enough. Good luck!

Photos
    View albums

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So, the end of 2015 is coming and I gotta say, it's been a year of ups and downs but I finally feel like I have a handle on this. I am really happy with the progress I've made lately and I feel positive about the year ahead! How is everyone feeling today? Glad to see the end of 2015 or sad to see the year end?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Tanya! Happy New Years to you too!

I start phen on Monday, excited to start the year off right! So happy I found this site, there are so many people in my situation, makes me feel better to know I'm not the odd one out! Do you have any tips to share on how to make it work better? Eating recommendations etc? Any advice is appreciated!!

Photos
    View albums

Hi Melody, welcome to the forum, good luck for your start today!!

You're definitely not the odd one out, there are lots of newbies on here all the time, and we've all been where you are just starting out too. I'd like to say I have a ton of tips but I'm still learning myself. Also, I think what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. I really believe that you more or less have to design your own plan, taking into account your weaknesses and strengths, and I guess the best way to learn yourself is to write things down, like when you want to snack or cheat and why - tired, bored, sad etc and the best way to motivate yourself to exercise and keep at it. I found this article that kinda sums up what I'm saying: http://www.phen.com/how-to-lose-weig...own-diet-rules

So, I weighed in today, first of the year! I have been good but not great the last couple weeks in terms of food but with the gym closed more often and fewer classes it was hard to exercise as I'm not really into doing my own thing, I need someone to shout at me lol. I am super happy to say I am FINALLY under the magic 170 at 169.7, so a loss of 0.7lbs this week!
    melodyG likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Hi everyone I'm back for my second go with phentermine. Last time was Nov 2014, had small success but gave up. This time both hubby and I are going to try and lose weight together, both have phentermine and will be starting on Thursday. I currently weigh 220 pound main goal is to get down to 165 pound. I live in Brisbane Australia, we don't have any support sites like this for phentermine, looking forward to losing weight with you in 2016. Cheers Leah
    Last edited by leamor; January 6th, 2016 at 03:20 AM.
    tanya200 likes this.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast