Close
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Let's Share Our Results And Support Each Other!

Photos
    View albums

Welcome to the forum and this thread Giseletdesouza, how are you finding the phentermine so far? Have you weighed in yet?

Hey loobylonglegs, you're welcome, glad to hear that you're nearly there at the 200 mark - so close now! My work christmas meal was good actually, I ate pretty healthy - it was mainly fish and seafood like octopus and mussels but I don't like seafood so I ended up having tuna lettuce wraps for starters and makerel in this green sauce for main, so I had lots of omega 3s and protein! As it was on my boss and it's nearly Christmas, I had dessert too - hazelnut ice cream, which was delicious! I still have a real sweet tooth so I often like the dessert best

Hey gmd518, how is your rash now? I hope it's cleared up, that sounds very annoying

I was 139 again this Monday when I weighed but that's good since I've had a few more cheat meals and the odd drink here and there what with meeting up with friends before Christmas, birthday things and the work party so I am actually really happy to see that I can maintain despite all that. And I can see how I have a lot more control than I used to and also eating out fills me up so much that I just naturally then eat light the next day because I can't handle much more than that, kinda like naturally regulating my calorie intake over the week - I feel like I found the secret formula maybe....?
    loobylonglegs and BostonGal like this.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Tanya, thank you! I weighed on Monday and was 201 so I am going to weigh again tomorrow to see if I can make it to under 200!! If not I'll weigh Saturday too lol. Bluergh, octopus!?? I don't blame you for not eating that! Oh but that hazelnut ice cream sounds amazing, I never heard of that before mmm I have a sweet tooth too.

That's great that you have found the key to maintaining, I heard that it can be harder than losing, I guess because you're just waiting for the scales not to change every week, kind of an anti-climax goal when you step on the scales, woot woot, same as last week! I get what you mean about having to eat less after a day when you ate more. I feel so full in the evenings after dinner, I wonder how I used to eat cookies and candy at night, I have no room for anything until the next day now.

Photos
    View albums

Hey loobylonglegs, did you weigh over Christmas? If so did you make it below 200? If not you still have a couple more days of 2016 left! How did you spend Christmas? It was nice to have a long weekend as I had Monday off but it meant more work yesterday, gotta be the worst thing about my job that work just piles up when I'm not here!

It's true, maintaining is kind of weird. I guess I'm not there yet as I am still hoping to lose a bit more but if I just maintain at 139 and hopefully improve my overall body composition then that would be great too. I forgot to weigh on Monday morning as I got confused and thought it was Sunday at first lol, so I weighed yesterday and was still 139, so even the holidays didn't put a dent in my record

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Tanya! Yes I weighed on the 24th and wasn't at 200 yet, but I was so so good over Christmas and weighed like you on Tuesday when I was back in the usual swing of things and was right on 200 - I just wanna be UNDER!! I'm going to weigh tomorrow tho, my last chance in 2016. Fingers crossed I can get the 199 up!!

Great work staying on 139, how much would I love to weigh that!! I just wanted to say thank you so much for your support and for being on here even when I wasn't, it's nice to have someone to chat to and to catch up with. Hopefully you'll come on here still even if you're not on phentermine? Anyways, Happy New Year!!!

Photos
    View albums

Hey loobylonglegs! Happy New Year! Thanks for what you said, very sweet of you!! I'll still be on here yeah, and I finished phentermine now which is very very weird. I'm looking for a supplement maybe to help me if you or anyone else knows of any that actually work, even just a little bit?

Did you weigh on the 31st? How did it go? And how was your NYE? We had a family party at my mom's, 9 of us altogether plus 5 kids so it got crazy as the house isn't very big! I had a couple drinks to toast the new year but I ate pretty healthy, we even had a salad with strawberries and pomegranate seeds in and to be honest that was one of my faves, so delicious!

I read that yesterday is the date of the year we all weigh the most, so I didn't get too upset when I saw I was at 140 after a couple weeks at 139. A little bummed maybe but I plan to get down again and hopefully get to about 135 over the next couple months.
    loobylonglegs likes this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Tanya, glad to hear that you're sticking around! I can't say I've personally tried any supplements that really work, but what about the one on this site, the phencaps? I saw some good things about them so maybe they could work for you?

I did weigh on the 31st but was still 200!! But then I weighed on Monday and was 199 - wootwoot!! I hope the other pounds come off easier than that last one of the 200s because that really didn't want to let go! Anyways, happy to be starting a new year with a new weight and lots of intentions to keep this going. And hey, if yesterday was the day of the year I weigh the most then this is a great sign!

That salad sounds delicious - since I went veggie I got to love salads actually, I just throw anything in there but I've never actually put strawberries in a salad - pineapple all the time, and orange too, so I will have to try strawberries. My NYE was good, we went to my husband's brother's house and celebrated there with a small party. I as good too, just one beer and one sparkling wine and lots of water all night.
    tanya200 and EEE2017 like this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Back on the wagon

It's been a few months since I posted. My doctor took me off Phentermine at the end of October. By the first of the year, I hadn't lost anymore, but I had only gained back 1.8 lbs of the 38 I lost. So she started me back on Phentermine Saturday. She said this was the last round she was going to put me on (only my second round). She wants me to try Belviq maybe after this round. Anyone try that before?

Here's to hoping I have as good luck as I did this last summer/fall I was on it!

Photos
    View albums

Hey everyone!

So I was kinda scared to post on Monday because I felt like a failure. I was doing so well, I even got down to 139 in December but then on Monday I was at 142. It was a 2lb gain from the week before but it didn't make sense to me. To make things worse I checked later that day at the gym and they said my bodyfat percentage had gone up by 2% in the last 5 weeks, so I can't even say that I've gained muscle I was really down on Monday and I knew it was stupid but it was mostly because I didn't know why. The girl who weighed me at the gym said, 'Well it's been the holidays, people eat more, don't come to the gym so much...' and I protested, but I have been coming, at least 3 times a week, most weeks 4 or 5 times, and my diet has been more or less the same. I mean, I only had a day off for Christmas and one for New Year so it's not like I was sat on the couch bingeing for a week basically like I used to when I lived with my parents. I've been stricter with my eating so far this week, eating more fruit and veg and less of the treats I was starting to sneak in from time to time. The thing that upset me was the girl at the gym, the way she looked at me like she thought I was lying about what I was eating, it felt like I was nearly 200lbs again and being judged, like someone who says they eat healthily and people just look at your belly and are like, 'yeah right'.

Anyways, it won't put me off going to the gym as I love it, and healthy eating is me for good now. I just need to make my brain realize I'm a good weight now, not where I want to be exactly but nearly. I just don't want this 2lbs gain to turn into 10lbs.

Loobylonglegs, amazing!! I'm so happy for you, how did it feel to see the 199? What a great start to the new year And thanks for your tip, I was edging towards ordering phen caps and then when I weighed on Monday I bit the bullet and ordered a bottle. I'm hoping they give me a boost and make me stay strong when I crave cookies or sweets. I love pineapple in salads too! And stir fries, and on pizza. Such a versatile fruit Your New years sounds nice, and good work with keeping to mostly water!

Hey Careasa, that's good that you gained less than 2lbs on all that time without phentermine. I'm off it since the end of last year and already gained back more than that I'm hoping I can switch things round! I haven't heard of Belviq, is it a brand of phentermine or a different med completely?
    Careasa likes this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hello everyone! I've been on Phen since Nov. 1 and thought I'd join. My ultimate goal is to get to around 139. I used to be between 132-138 before getting married and having kids. Since having kids my willpower and energy have gone down the drain. I gain a ton of weight with my first - topping off at about 220 which is way too much for my 5'5" frame. After giving birth I got down to about 170 but then with my second I was back up to about 200 at delivery. After that I couldn't seem to lose weight and got really discouraged. My friend had been on Phen a long time ago and I decided to try it because I needed to curb my cravings and more energy.

So here I am. I've hit my first goal of under 180 which means I am no longer classified as obese. That feels good but still have a long way to go. Right now I have a prescription that will take me to March 22 and we will see whether I continue on Phen after that. How long have you guys been on/off Phen? Is it difficult to keep losing once you go off Phen? Even though I've lost 16.5 pounds, I don't think that anyone else notices. I feels that my clothes fit better and my belly is smaller, but I am still the same size.
    tanya200 likes this.
    Started Nov 1 2015 - 196.2 5'5" BMI 32.6
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44
    March 22 - (4 Mo) 169 hit second goal! 27.2 lost

Goal #1: 179 (no longer "obese") - Jan. 12 2017 BMI 29.9
    Goal #2: 169 - March 22
    Goal #3: 159 April 30
    Goal #3: 149.5 (no longer "overweight") June 1
    Goal #4: 139 (ideal weight) July 30

Photos
    View albums

Hi Gobola! Welcome to the thread! It sounds like you're doing great, and I like how you presented your stats and goals at the end. That's great that you're no longer classed as obese by BMI. I'm 5'4" so I am around the same goal-wise. My ideal weight is 130, in the middle of the normal range, as at the moment I'm still teetering on the edge at 142lbs. Even down to 135 would be great. I've actually stopped taking phentermine now as I was on and off it for over a year, from September 2015 to the end of last year. In that time I had maybe 3 months off total and mostly I could maintain my weight or lose some. I swear by writing down what you eat and what exercise you do, more or less. I don't write 3 x 10 pushups or anything, just an idea of what routine I did or what class. I think ability to keep weight off depends a lot on how you lose it. Before I used to eat way less, lose weight and then put it back on because I started eating more again. This time I've really gotten into exercising and just made small changes that I can stick to for good.

It does take a while for other people to notice, I know that's how it was with me too. I didn't want to shout out about my weight loss to other people like my work colleagues but I think my mom noticed after I lost maybe 15lbs, she said she noticed in my face. Other people took longer to see it, or say anything.

Anyways, good luck, you're doing great!!
    Gobola likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Trying to stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by tanya200 View Post

Hey Careasa, that's good that you gained less than 2lbs on all that time without phentermine. I'm off it since the end of last year and already gained back more than that I'm hoping I can switch things round! I haven't heard of Belviq, is it a brand of phentermine or a different med completely?
    It is different med all together. From what I've read so far, it has depression symptoms as a side effect, and that worries me. I'm thinking by the time I finish this round on Phentermine it'll be about time for my yearly visit, so I can talk to her more about it. I completely get what you were meaning that just a small gain makes you feel you are back to where you started.

Ive noticed so far that I am having the cotton mouth, sleep problems, and constipation issues I had the first time I started it, but I'm feeling hungrier than I did the last time, so it's been a struggle to not over eat.

i would love to lose 38 or more lbs like I did last time, but I'd be happy to just lose 30 more, I'm at 209 right now, was at 246.8 when I started in June. I've lost 1.6 lbs this first week.
    tanya200 likes this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Careasa View Post
    It is different med all together. From what I've read so far, it has depression symptoms as a side effect, and that worries me. I'm thinking by the time I finish this round on Phentermine it'll be about time for my yearly visit, so I can talk to her more about it. I completely get what you were meaning that just a small gain makes you feel you are back to where you started.
    Hi Careasa - have you talked to your doctor about Qsymia? I think it is lower dose Phen plus Topiramate and I think you are allowed to be on it longer that just Phentermine. I wanted to compare the two, but the place I went to only prescribes Phentermine so that's what I am on.

I haven't weighed yet this week, but haven't been feeling especially motivated. I am going to add working out so that I can keep off what I lose. I'll weigh tomorrow and update! I really don't feel like I lost much if anything this week. Too much going on that I haven't been so careful with my eating. I am getting back to it starting today though! Hopefully I haven't gone too far backward!!

Tanya - You've done amazing on Phen! The thing that gives me a little more hope is that people seem to be able to be on it longer than 3 months. It seems like I'd need to be on it for more like 4-6 months to get to the point where I can maintain on my own.
    Last edited by Gobola; January 16th, 2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Grrr...so I weighed myself and I gained almost a pound. I am at 180.4. Well I think it was the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track!! I know there are ups and downs, but I really went off track for a couple days. Right back at it now. I know that less than a pound is not much but it's the scale going in the WRONG direction!! And it puts me right back in the OBESE category.

Today I am recommitted and going to a Barre class. Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phen Caps

What are phen caps? Let me know how that works out for you, is it the same as Phentermine. I started back on Phentermine Jan 1 after being off since June of last year. I gained all my weight back and a little more, simple because I did a lot of drinking and eating. My fault. I have lost 10 pounds in the last two weeks (mostly water) but I have included working out this time around so I hope that will help. I'm 5'4, 160 pds, with a goal of 125-130. I can do this? Will the doc not prescribe phentermine any longer to you?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya200 View Post
    Hey everyone!

So I was kinda scared to post on Monday because I felt like a failure. I was doing so well, I even got down to 139 in December but then on Monday I was at 142. It was a 2lb gain from the week before but it didn't make sense to me. To make things worse I checked later that day at the gym and they said my bodyfat percentage had gone up by 2% in the last 5 weeks, so I can't even say that I've gained muscle I was really down on Monday and I knew it was stupid but it was mostly because I didn't know why. The girl who weighed me at the gym said, 'Well it's been the holidays, people eat more, don't come to the gym so much...' and I protested, but I have been coming, at least 3 times a week, most weeks 4 or 5 times, and my diet has been more or less the same. I mean, I only had a day off for Christmas and one for New Year so it's not like I was sat on the couch bingeing for a week basically like I used to when I lived with my parents. I've been stricter with my eating so far this week, eating more fruit and veg and less of the treats I was starting to sneak in from time to time. The thing that upset me was the girl at the gym, the way she looked at me like she thought I was lying about what I was eating, it felt like I was nearly 200lbs again and being judged, like someone who says they eat healthily and people just look at your belly and are like, 'yeah right'.

Anyways, it won't put me off going to the gym as I love it, and healthy eating is me for good now. I just need to make my brain realize I'm a good weight now, not where I want to be exactly but nearly. I just don't want this 2lbs gain to turn into 10lbs.

Loobylonglegs, amazing!! I'm so happy for you, how did it feel to see the 199? What a great start to the new year And thanks for your tip, I was edging towards ordering phen caps and then when I weighed on Monday I bit the bullet and ordered a bottle. I'm hoping they give me a boost and make me stay strong when I crave cookies or sweets. I love pineapple in salads too! And stir fries, and on pizza. Such a versatile fruit Your New years sounds nice, and good work with keeping to mostly water!

Photos
    View albums

Hi Careasa, for some people phentermine has depression side effects too, I see it a lot more on here than I used to, and on the blog comments too, it seems to be getting that people are noticing more psychological effects with phentermine than I remember before, like anger, anxiety and depression. I can't say I've experienced anything like that though, it's been mainly positive effects on that score for me. Well done on the 1.6lb lost your first week, and hopefully the side effects will start to wear off.

Hey Gobola, thank you! I was on it a looong time though, 16 months nearly on and off. I guess with the breaks it was about a year total. I think it depends what state you're in how long your doctor is allowed to prescribe the phen. some states are really strict like Ohio is 3 months and that's it. I'm always real surprised when I see people who take it for years and years, I even spoke to someone who took it for 7 years straight. For me that's pretty irresponsible of the doctor. Sorry about the gain but at least you know where you went wrong. What's barre class, like ballet? It sounds interesting...

Hey loreal.estee, phen caps are a supplement so they're not the same as phentermine but they are natural and you can buy them online so I thought I would give them a go. My order came on Friday so I started Saturday, so today is 5 days taking them and I think they are pretty great. Without even really noticing I've realized that I had way less sweet cravings these last couple days. Even Sunday when I was at home all afternoon doing chores and really bored I wasn't craving cookies like usual. I do pretty good for energy since I started exercising but I think they could help for that too as I feel good on them. So far I'm liking them a lot. Anddd, the moment of truth was that I was BACK down to 139 on Monday!! wootwoot. Maybe it was the phen caps, maybe not but all the same, I'm happy to be back in the 130s.

Really, coming off phentermine was something I wanted too, I have heard so many horror stories about how they affect you when you take them for too long. Plus I really didn't feel like I got anything from the phentermine the last couple months. It was more of a psychological thing, like taking the pill reminded me to be good with my eating. I guess it makes sense though, the longer you take phentermine the more it becomes you doing the work, and then when you go off it it's like you tell your mom to take your training wheels off and she admits she already did lol.

Good luck with your weight loss goals too - you absolutely CAN do this!!

Photos
    View albums

Hey! Just a quick update today. So, the phen caps are going well for me and I was at 138 (!) this morning for the weigh in! My lowest weight in like forever

I had my period last week so that might be why I dropped again but whatever the reason I will take that!!
    Gobola likes this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey Tanya - that is great!! 138 is a great number...so far away for me right now, but I love reading about your success. It keeps me inspired! Do the caps help with appetite? That's been my problem that Phen helps with. My appetite had gone through the roof. but I guess once you lose the weight your body kind of adjusts anyway? I hope so!!

I am at 177.1 today which is just under 20 pounds lost so far in 2 full months on Phen. I definitely feel my clothes fit a lot better and I can wear the stuff that was too tight a couple months ago. It's not shopping time or anything, but I think I've probably dropped a size. I think I see it in my face and my belly is no longer constantly looking swollen!! I have more energy and feel better too. I hope to get out of the 170's by the end of Feb. and get more into the habit of working out.
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I too want to know your thoughts about the Phen Caps. Did you have any of the same side effects as you did from Phen? And how does it compare to taking actual Phen?

Photos
    View albums

Hey Winter1234! Nope, no side effects with phen caps. They said they have no side effects but I was a little doubtful but honestly I don't have any. I think if I compared the phen caps to when I first started on phentermine they aren't as strong, but if you're at the stage where the phentermine is wearing off then I would say these give me more of a boost than the last couple months of phentermine for sure. I do really feel like I am taking something now, with the phentermine it was more just because I still had the script I took it, I stopped really feeling the difference back in the summer I guess but then I went to half a pill to avoid withdrawals. The site says you can take them together too, so that could be an option for some people who feel like phentermine isn't working like it did.

Hey Gobola! Yes I was so pleased to see the 138! I was bummed to go back up to 142 but it seems it was a blip I needed to get back on track with water intake and curbing my treats. Yes I would say the phen caps help with appetite, and it's true, my appetite has decreased so much, and I also have a better visual idea of how much I can eat. Before I would pile up my plate and finish it then feel stuffed, now I am more reasonable with portions and say to myself that I can always go back for more but rarely ever do. Now tbh I have more of a problem with cravings, as it's not so much that I'm hungry for something, I just want it, and the caps have helped with that as I was letting go of the control on that, I can see that now. I am also making a point of drinking more water - with phentermine the dry mouth made it so that I had to, but when I went to half a pill the dry mouth lessened so I got out the habit of drinking water. That's great you lost 20lbs in two months, very good going!

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I'm going to have to give the Phen Caps a try after I'm off Phen Right now I'm 11 lbs from my doctor's Phen break weight goal and I don't want to gain the weight back. I've read that others stay on Phen longer than others without a break, so I'm hoping that I can talk my doctor into not making me take a break. I'm not having any health issues, but she said she doesn't like people being on it for very long. Which I don't understand since she said she'll prescribe it to me again.
    tanya200 likes this.

Photos
    View albums

Question Already stuck!

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping I can get some advice. I have been on Phentermine 37.5 for 3 weeks. I have taken it every day except for two days that I wasn't feeling well. I am down 10 pounds from my starting weight, but I've been pretty much stuck for about 7-10 days. I have very little appetite (yay!) but as a result I think I'm not eating enough calories. I track my food intake with an app and most days I'm only eating around 800 calories. Everything I eat is healthy - lean, meat, roasted almonds, plain greek yogurt, berries, protein shake. It's hard to eat more when I have no appetite! What type of meal plan does everyone follow? I work out 2-4 days a week (CrossFit) so I am getting exercise. I only have 10 more pounds to lose but I'm afraid I'm screwing up my metabolism by under-eating.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!
    tanya200 likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Day 1 of my journey

Good day everyone, this is my first day on phentermine. I am 48 soon to be 49 yrs old and up until about 2 1/2 yrs ago I was always fairly thin and in good physical shape. I fell into a deep depression after my father was diagnosed with colon cancer, I moved 600 miles away from my family because of my husbands job etc etc. Needless to say I went from 130lbs to 171lbs which only made my depression way worse. I finally crossed paths with a chiropractor who introduced me to something called neurofeedback and let me just say mentally I have never felt better emotionally. Now I am ready for physical change. My doc prescribed me 37.5 tablets of which they recommend I start with taking just half and I am 5 hrs in after my first dose with no side effects to speak of. My doc has put me on a high protein 1200 calorie a day eating plan. No white foods ie: sugar, white breads, or potatoes which I am ok with. I won't get to detailed but if anyone wants to know more feel free to ask.
    Have a blessed day all !
    Last edited by Pisces68; January 26th, 2017 at 12:33 PM.
    tanya200 likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default 65 lbs 30 to go

Started phen in feb 2016, after doing the weight checks being on phen for 2 months on 1 month off and than 2 months back on I lost 65 lbs. fast forward to now and I gained approx 10 lbs from Aug- Jan. Just got put back on phen last week and I have already lost those 10 lbs... just 30 more to go and I will be introducing excerise at a gym starting next week
    tanya200 likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhPlateau View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping I can get some advice. I have been on Phentermine 37.5 for 3 weeks. I have taken it every day except for two days that I wasn't feeling well. I am down 10 pounds from my starting weight, but I've been pretty much stuck for about 7-10 days. I have very little appetite (yay!) but as a result I think I'm not eating enough calories. I track my food intake with an app and most days I'm only eating around 800 calories. Everything I eat is healthy - lean, meat, roasted almonds, plain greek yogurt, berries, protein shake. It's hard to eat more when I have no appetite! What type of meal plan does everyone follow? I work out 2-4 days a week (CrossFit) so I am getting exercise. I only have 10 more pounds to lose but I'm afraid I'm screwing up my metabolism by under-eating.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!
    Try eating a large meal 1000 calories and get your body out of starvation mode, when I hit those platues I'll eat like a burger or something and it typically helps get over that hump
    Gobola and UhOhPlateau like this.

Phen Newbie
    Myrtle Beach SC, but Im from Newfoundland CA
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Default Very Indifferent

I have been on phentermine now for 8 days , I am still very not too sure about it, I started at 211 and 8 days later I am 206 so I am dropping weight but I have been crazy over what I eat and not eating carbs and I have been walking so I guess my problem with the phentermine is I dont feel its doing anything. I am taking a half pill at 11 and the other half at 4 but I am still hungry the whole time, so its not really helping my appetite. and for 110 dollars a month if its not suppressing my appetite then is it really worth it? Has anyone had the same thing happen? does anyone have any suggestions?

Photos
    View albums

Hey everyone! It's great to see how busy this thread has gotten these last couple days! No more talking to myself lol

Hey Winter1234, I was taking breaks during my 16 months on phentermine. I was unsure the first time when my doctor said about a month break and I think I either didn't lose or might have gained that break, but later in my treatment it gave me a kind of challenge to see how I did without the phen, like a practice run for when I go off it. I think the breaks make your body stop getting too used to it too, so it is a good thing. Maybe it depends on the person though I guess.

Hey UhOhPlateau! You are 100% undereating, 800 calories a day is nothing, and if you're exercising too then you are in a big deficit. I have read that you need 700 calories a day just to fuel daily movements when you're basically doing nothing. I'm not saying that's true, it could be totally made up but I think we are burning calories all the time, so it could be around that figure. Some advice I've seen for people in your position is to eat high calorie healthy foods, so maybe cashew nuts, avocado, lean red meat, then maybe dairy products like cheese for calcium and protein. The thing is, your body is hungry it's just your head not knowing about it, like when you take pain meds, the pain is still there but because your brain doesn't know about it then you think the pain has gone. It's hard to ignore that and eat when you think you're not hungry but you have to try to eat at least around 1200 cals a day. This article from this site might help you get some inspiration for how to get out of your plateau: http://www.phentermine.com/blog/why-...h-phentermine/

Good luck Pisces68 and Viperoholic! Keep us updated on your progress!

Hey Ashlee, I have heard people say the same as you. It could be two things - maybe you are less hungry than you were before but because you expected more appetite suppression it feels like nothing. If that's not it then it sounds like you're basically doing it on your own and you're right, maybe the price isn't worth it. It could be better to spend that money on healthy food or a gym membership I guess.

Sooo, I am feeling excited but a little apprehensive because I'm away on vacation for the next 3 weeks! It's been a long time since my last vacation so I am super excited about it. I'm spending some time with my family as one of my sisters just had a baby so I want to meet him and help her out too, and then I'm visiting friends near LA. But I am worried about how my progress will be affected. I want to be able to take some time for myself and exercise even if it's just for a half hour a day. I'm used to working out for 1.5 hours 4 or 5 days a week so I don't want to go from that to nothing. But I worry that I will seem selfish or something if I say that to my family. Then there is the issue of food....my family do eat healthy but then when we're all together everyone worries about running out of food and there is just sooo much of it, and I am constantly being offered something to eat!! Hopefully I can find a balance

Anyways, I will try to come on here to fill you in on my progress/struggles and report how hard/easy it can be to stay on track when you're away, but if you don't see me here too much these next couple weeks then that's why Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Ashlee Starr White likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Smile update.

Hey everyone!
    just an update Im a little over 2 weeks in on my phentermine and I am down close to 9 lbs, I had a bit of a cheat weekend as I ate some take out this weekend, man o man was it good lol. but Im back on track today. Im hoping by the 15 of Feb I can loose anther 10 lbs plus ... heres to making it..
    Gobola and ladyhr like this.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee Starr White View Post
    I have been on phentermine now for 8 days , I am still very not too sure about it, I started at 211 and 8 days later I am 206 so I am dropping weight but I have been crazy over what I eat and not eating carbs and I have been walking so I guess my problem with the phentermine is I dont feel its doing anything. I am taking a half pill at 11 and the other half at 4 but I am still hungry the whole time, so its not really helping my appetite. and for 110 dollars a month if its not suppressing my appetite then is it really worth it? Has anyone had the same thing happen? does anyone have any suggestions?
    Hi Ashlee - Has it gotten any better? I would talk to your doctor. Are you drinking lots of water? in the beginning I was drinking a ton of water and that really helped. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk if it's not doing what it's supposed to! Just in reading through the forums it looks like the medicine doesn't work for everyone, so it's worth it to check with your Doc. Let us know how it goes!
    Ashlee Starr White likes this.
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Photos
    View albums

Default Hi again!

Hi everyone -

I haven't checked the forum for a few days, so I apologize that my response has been slow in coming!

Tanya - Thank you for your thoughts. You made a good analogy with the pain medication. I find that the only reason I even remember to eat is because I start getting a yucky headache and then I realize it's 2pm and I haven't had my protein shake for breakfast yet! I have been forcing myself to eat a full meal at lunch time, so that I get in more calories every day and so that I have enough energy to work out.

I forget the username of the person who feels like the Phen isn't working, but I'm going to suggest what works for me as far as appetite suppression because I take the medicine a bit differently than you do and I am rarely hungry. I take the Phen (whole pill 37.5mg) about an hour after I wake up and I don't eat for at LEAST an hour afterward but usually more. I find that about 30-45 minutes after I take it I feel a few hunger pangs and then the hunger disappears. I also take 40mg of Prozac daily, which I am told will work in conjunction with the Phen to stave off hunger and cravings.

Obviously I am not a physician so I'm not giving you medical advice - but I think that taking a full dose in the morning makes more sense than splitting it up in the afternoon. If I didn't take it early in the day, I would be starving by 11. I'm wondering if you're either getting too hungry prior to taking it for it to work, or if you're eating too close to when you take it?

I'm finally down another pound, which puts me at a total of 11 pounds lost since January 4th. 10 more to go to reach my goal!

Only downsides are that my mouth is really dry and I pee more frequently than I used to. I have always been sure to drink a lot of water during the day, so I don't think it's from increased water intake. I think Phen just makes me pee!

Phen Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up Hey Yall , just a little update

Sooo, in a few days Ill be coming up on my 1st mth using phentermine. So far I have lost 15lbs , Id be lying if I said I wasnt expecting myself to loose more but 15lbs down is better then nothing. Hers to another month...
    Gobola likes this.

Phen Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Smile Hey ,

Quote Originally Posted by Gobola View Post
    Hi Ashlee - Has it gotten any better? I would talk to your doctor. Are you drinking lots of water? in the beginning I was drinking a ton of water and that really helped. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk if it's not doing what it's supposed to! Just in reading through the forums it looks like the medicine doesn't work for everyone, so it's worth it to check with your Doc. Let us know how it goes!
    Hey,
    thanks for the response , So as of yet I havent spoke with my doctor I will however in the next week. I am going to ask him to possibly up my does from a half pill twice a day to a full pill twice a day and see if he is willing to do that. if not... I think I will discontinue using phen and continue my weight loss journey on my own. But I as of now I am almost 15 lbs down so heres to hoping he will up my dose...

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee Starr White View Post
    Hey,
    thanks for the response , So as of yet I havent spoke with my doctor I will however in the next week. I am going to ask him to possibly up my does from a half pill twice a day to a full pill twice a day and see if he is willing to do that. if not... I think I will discontinue using phen and continue my weight loss journey on my own. But I as of now I am almost 15 lbs down so heres to hoping he will up my dose...

While I don't know your specifics, my doctor does not encourage losing too much weight each month. She said that she'd rather see 5-6 lbs each month over 10+ lbs a month even though that would mean reaching the weight loss goal faster. She stated it's because your body doesn't have time to adjust to the weight loss that quickly and your skin will become saggy/loose. Once that happens, there is nothing you can do (other than having surgery such as a tummy tuck) to get rid of it. That made me think twice about things- I don't want to lose weight only to be embarrassed about having that extra skin and having to worry about hiding it/tucking it in. I want to finally be "free" - if that makes any sense.

I know everyone here is trying to lose weight, but how much weight are you trying to lose each month? Is there a reason why you selected that number? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default 3 months on Phen

Hi everyone!
    I just wanted to give a little update. I am now at 3 months on Phen and have lost a total of 25 pounds - I'm not at 171. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal, but it feels really good to be going in the right direction. I have about another months worth of Phen and then I will decide whether to get a new prescription or try it on my own.

At this point no one has commented on my weight loss, but I definitely lost a size or two. I haven't bought any new clothes yet, but all the ones I have fit much better or are a little bit too big. And my best little goal is being able to cross my legs!!!! The biggest difference i see is that the belly that i had from pregnancy has finally started to deflate. I am way more comfortable in my skin and that feels really good. I am still technically overweight at this point - I still need to lose another 20 pounds to have a "normal" BMI, but I can see that it's possible so that's encouraging.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Viperoholic View Post
    Started phen in feb 2016, after doing the weight checks being on phen for 2 months on 1 month off and than 2 months back on I lost 65 lbs. fast forward to now and I gained approx 10 lbs from Aug- Jan. Just got put back on phen last week and I have already lost those 10 lbs... just 30 more to go and I will be introducing excerise at a gym starting next week
    That's a great result! Do you think it gets easier as you get closer to your goal?
    Dec 1 (1 mo.) 182.6
    Feb 1 (2 mo.) 176.44

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Default Update

I've been on a weight loss mission and am proud to report I'm 7 pounds away from my doctor's total weight loss goal for me and 9 pounds away from my goal weight-well I'd love, love, love to lose another 15 lbs. Since starting Phen on November 15th I'm down 5 pant sizes (using even numbers).

I made the decision to make an entire lifestyle change and it's paid off. Along with eating better, I work out daily and always give it 100% even when I don't want to- yes that's right every single day. At times, I still get tired and want to just skip it. Working out with 2 children and working full time isn't easy, but I made the commitment to myself and nothing is going to stop me.

My next doctor's appointment is Friday and I'm hoping this will be my last month I'll need a prescription. I'm nervous/excited/proud all at the same time.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast