Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default .....

Last edited by Mozzy314; January 21st, 2014 at 01:02 AM.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

As hard as it sounds, just try to hang in there. YOU know your doing a good job & remember your doing this for YOU and no one else. Sometimes if you see a person multiple times a day/week, weight loss can't easily be seen (my fiance didn't notice when I gained 20lbs in like 2 months haha & he wasn't just being "nice" I had to put on a Halloween costume from the year before & show him that it didn't even fit for him to "get" it) Just stick with it, I know it can be a damper not being "rewarded" for your effort...but trust me in the end it will be worth it. On the positive side at least the sale is showing your weight loss (jealous =p) so you know your doing something good =)

Photos
    View albums

DO NOT STOP THE GOOD FIGHT!

Somebody posted something on one of my blog posts that I think helps put things into perspective:

It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing.
    It takes 8 weeks for friends and family and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. KEEP GOING.

I have lost about 30lbs and nobody has said anything to me either as of yet. To be honest - yesterday was the first time I noticed my clothes fitting differently and it has been over a month since I've been dieting. I still dont really see any changes in my body.

I think once somebody asks me if I've lost weight - will be my validation
    My Personal Blog on my weight-loss efforts

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I've lost about the same but noticed a change immediatel, but only in my clothes and confidence. I can assure you if you go to your local department store, grab a pair of jeans in the next size down, just for sh**s & giggles, it will fit. 16 lbs is at least one dress size! No one has really taken notice to my weight loss just yet, but that just gives me more motivation to keep going and giving it 110%. How tall are you? I'm really short and it takes me at least 20-25lbs before people usually start complimenting me. Keep up the great work!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I've lost 15 lbs and I don't look different. a few family members commented yesterday that they could tell but they also know I'm on a diet and have been working out almost every day. I think if they didn't know all that they wouldn't notice. To day was the first day I thought my face may look a little thinner. I know my chest like below my bra is a few inches smaller but I always wear regular t-shirts everyday so it's not noticeable. Everywhere else is the pretty much the same. I think my hips are maybe like .5 inch smaller maybe.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Im down 15 and havent gotten many comments either I am praying I can knock it down another 6 by next week before Thanksgiving but Im not sure if I can.

Photos
    View albums

Ive lost 30lbs and although my sister who is on this weight loss journey with me always tells me its noticable, i can not see it. and at my 8 week check up i had only lost an inch off my waist. now thats confusing to me.
    im just going to keep doing what im doing and hopefully see a difference soon. (:

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Give it more time and people will notice. I know we expect them to notice right away but one time many years ago I had to lose 40 lbs. before anyone noticed, but I was also morbidly obese at that time. At my 19 lb. loss I thought I'd look a little different in the mirror but all I see is the same person, but the truth is, I am smaller.

Photos
    View albums

I started at 299 and am now 268 and i carry it all in my stomach. someone once told me i have skinny persons arms and legs. lol. so i guess i need to lose a little more then 30lbs before i notice my stomach going away. (: i am so dedicated and cant wait till i myself notice. ((:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I kinda freaked out and second guessed my weight loss until there was a OBVIOUS difference. I had to lose 20 pounds for my clothes to get noticeably looser.

At that same time, I asked my boyfriend if it looks like I have lost any weight and he said yes, about 5 pounds or so. I tend to lose weight pretty evenly. I have to lose about 40 pounds before people start commenting.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You have to lose at least 20++ lbs before you start getting that baggy clothes feeling, thats when youll start noticing and so will others...keep moving forward! BTW Every 20LBS lost you'll need new bras, pants and workout clothes..its a real threat! Great job on the first 20!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

ive lost about 16 lbs and I am now having issues with my old clothes. The shirts, especially tank tops, fit very loose and i have to keep pulling them up and pinning them so that my boobs dont show lol. My pants fit nice and arent tight and uncomfortable like before i love that! I never realized how in denial i was before...its crazy. Keep going dont give up!