Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default Who here has gotton off the Phen and kept the weight off??

I'm a newbie again. I took Phentermine for the first time Thanksgiving 2010, I lost around 15lbs FAST w/o eating right or exercising. Then I gained it all back plus some after coming off of it...Here I am again Dec 2011 BUT this time I'm determined to eat better (I'm counting my calories between 1200-1500 a day) and exercising (3-5 days at home and at the gym). I want to use this as an aid and do it right this time and not just use it as a quickie like last time. My question to you is, is there anybody out there that took Phentermine the way it's suppose to be taken and kept the weight off after coming off it? If so did you gain any weight back and how have you kept it off.
    I just started taking it again and with my reduced diet and exercise I'm seeing very slow results not like the first time. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into it and have probably lost 4 or 5lbs (didn't weight myself first and the doc's scales are 10lbs heavier then mine so I don't want to use his.) I'd like to think it's because I'm actually doing it right this time and 2 lbs a week is normal weight loss. Also, I think I might not be eating enough calories per day and my body is hanging onto the weight. I'm drinking about 80 oz of water per day so I'm good on that. I'm just trying to find my happy medium and obtain the tools so that when I do get off, the weight won't come flooding back on like it did the first time. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated?
    Thank you,
    Crissy21

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I lost 30 lbs in 2007, and was at a good 165ish weight for my size. I was so happy, and kept it off - even after I got pregnant and had another child! My issue came at the end of 2010 - my back problems got much more severe, I had severe tendinitis in both feet, and I stopped being a SAHM chasing my kids and started FT work at a desk.

The worse the pain got, the less I was active... the less I was active, the worse my weight got.... etc etc! I was successful before, and am determined to keep it off this time. I have to remember to stay active at all times! My eating habits haven't really changed, it was the severe lack of activity that started me downhill.

Definitely educate yourself, and teach yourself how to do this for the rest of your life! Otherwise, you won't learn anything while you have phen to help you, and you won't know what to do once you're off the phen and don't have the help of the appetite suppression. Learn about nutition, start realizing what actual serving sizes are, drink a ton of water, and get ready to do this forever!

My Valentines Day Goal:

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the insight, it helps to hear other people have gone through the same issues as I. It seems once I moved in with my boyfriend (hubby now) and moved too far from my regular gym things started going downhill. This was 6 years ago. We are now married with 1 child and I'd like to get healthy before we try for baby #2 and keep it off after baby #2! I lost almost 80lbs about 16 years ago and kept it off through diet and exercise for almost 10 years so I know what it takes to lose and keep it off but now that my body is different and older and my life has done a 360 since the baby I'm afraid after getting off Phen it will just fly back on like last time. BUT last time I didn't use the tools or even exercise so I'm sure this time will be different. Sorry for ranting and raving I guess I just need the moral support and to know other people are going through it along with me..Thanks...Crissy

Photos
    View albums

I only used phentermine for two months a few years ago, and in less than a year after I had those two prescriptions, I had lost 60 something lbs. I kept that off until last year. I had two surgeries in the past year, and after the first one, I gained 20 lbs in one week..kept gaining all the way up to my highest ever weight...right now..250 lbs! But I'm back on phentermine as of today..I am excited to have my smaller self back!