View albums

Default phen pro

Can anyone tell me about this combo ?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

What would you like to know Ms. NurseWendy?
    Have you checked out Dr. Michael Anchors website?
    There are a few of us on the site who have direct up close and personal experience with it.
    You can observe a lot just by watching ~ Yogi Berra

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

No I haven't checked out the website yet but I will thanks just wondering if it is effective this is only day two for me on the combo

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

As I understand it, teh advantage is taht the phen and ssri combo delays the tiem when phen quits working it's magic with a person. I have had VERY good success with it.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

does it work faster my Dr has me on prozac 20 mg and i am taking phen 37.5 mg a pill and a half per Dr direction

Photos
    View albums

BB you need spell check today. Lol :-)
    Butterfly Princess likes this.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by LynneOaz View Post
    BB you need spell check today. Lol :-)
    I've been doing that lot lately Ms. Lynne. I need to check for squiggly lines under the words before pressing post.

Silver Phenster Butterfly Princess's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Arrrhhhh...BB
    Are you saying you have "fast fingers"?

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Princess View Post
    Arrrhhhh...BB
    Are you saying you have "fast fingers"?
    Unfortunately Ms. Butterfly just fingers that won't do what I want the last few days. Washed 'em and can't do a thing with 'em.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by nursewendy34 View Post
    does it work faster my Dr has me on prozac 20 mg and i am taking phen 37.5 mg a pill and a half per Dr direction
    It's my understanding that the prozac (or any ssri) doesn't make the phen work faster, it makes it work longer. Phen will normally poop out in 3 months or so .. it stops working. The idea behind phen pro is that the pro (prozac or another ssri) enables a person to be on phen longer without a break, Dr. Anchor's site (google phen pro .. his site will bubble to the top) would be a great source of details. If you're the sort who is open to supplements, CLA is a popular one with phensters.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I take both but I started the prozac before the phen so I cant really say as I am only about 6 weeks in. I dont know about this one I am on the fence. It makes me wonder how an ssri does with a person who isnt in need of the ssri. and of course there is that seritonin thing...BB whats it called again? so I think if it works then yay for all of us doing it but I was a little scared at first

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Aye lassie that be serotonin syndrome yer talkin about. It's nastier than a round of broadside from the royal navy. It works but do it with care or you'll end up looking like ol' Roger what sits on me flag .... savvy?

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i had serotonin sydrome last time i was on phen from taking effexor with it..but im STILL on the effexor and phen together this time, I just dont take it at the same time..my doc didnt want me to stop the efffexor..serotonin syndrome is NOT fun..scarey actually

Photos
    View albums

I'm on my 2nd month of phen. I was prescribed phen and pro and took it for 3 weeks. I believe I suffered from seritonin syndrome, the side effects were horrible. Migraines, tight chest pain, feeling like I couldn't swallow, rapid heartbeat and aggitation. I lost 15 lbs on that combo. The 4th week I just starting taking the phen Alone. All the horrible side effects from whatvi believe was caused with the pro were gone. But I haven't been able to lose any more weight, its discouraging. I wish the phen pro didn't make me feel like I wanted to kill myself, because the weightloss was amazing. I haven't managed to gain anything in phen alone, it does its job with curbing my appetite.

AndreaMegan your doctor suggested that you take them seperately? At what times? And how do you feel.. I'm interested to know because maybe it could work for me. I was told to take phen in the morning and prozac at night before bed... I don't know. I'm willing to try anything, I'm stuck!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I think I just wrote on your other post. My doc told me to never take them together because it can make the serotonin levels TOO high, so I do mine around 11 am, and then I do the effexor before bed, around 10 pm. I guess it gives the serotonin levels time to go down before they go back up from the effexor, in your case, prozac. I never had good times with prozac fyi..I was on it for anxiety and PPD after my second baby and it was TERRIBLE..made me worse. So maybe the prozac isnt for you. People lose just as good with just phen. But i mean its your choice to take the prozac and phen togther, but if you DONT NEED the prozac for anxiety/depression, then idk if id take it, imo