• 2 Post By LynneOaz
  • 2 Post By Butterfly Princess
  • 1 Post By bungalobill
  • 1 Post By AndreaMegan

Thread: Energy drinks while on phen?

Photos
    View albums

Question Energy drinks while on phen?

So before I started phen (on day 5 right now) I was a addicted to energy drinks. I only drink the sugar free ones so not scared about it killing my calories. I've been craving them but have been scared to try it cause my heart is already beating crazily, so I was wondering if anyone has drank rock stars or red bulls while on phen?
    7/21- 229.2 (Sw)
    7/28- 222.4
    8/4-220.4
    8/11- 218.6

8/19-
    Total lost for 1st month-

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment- Buddha

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Cutting out energy drinks was the main part of my lifestyle change when I committed to this. I used to live off of Monster. Energy drinks WILL make you gain weight, and if you ask me, more so than the energy that it gives you to burn it off. Sugar- or sugar free, your body still experiences the insulin surge. It isn't the calorie content in an Energy drink that you should worry about, but the fat content, and the chemical cocktail poured into every can. The energy drinks can also dehydrate you, which really defeats the purpose of elevating your water intake to lose weight. I would work on your cravings. After all, that should be the main reason to start Phen, and your weightloss journey, for a change. I will never go back to toxic energy drinks, and have found that water gives me far more, and healthier, energy than they ever did.

Photos
    View albums

I never stopped drinking coffee or energy drinks while taking phen but you just have to stay aware of how your body reacts to the combo of the phen along with added caffeine. Good luck
    Tonia Addison-Hall likes this.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

+1 to what Ldio27 said. Despite all the mystery ingredients listed on the side of the can, you're getting any energy boost from caffeine (if you're drinking the sugarless). Caffeine can do strange things to your insulin levels which in turn can effect your appetite .. and n some people's cases .. cravings for the wrong things. The Dr. that came up with the South Beach diet explains it fairly well .. I'm sure a quick google will tunr up his take on it. Imagine for a moment my disappointment when I started South Beach on a heavy coffee and energy drink habit.

One last thing ... I have a high tolerance for anything that gives any kind of energy boost .. but the phen itself does far more than a couple of Red Bulls ever did. Are the energy drinks for energy or is it habit? Not judging in any way shape or form .. just asking :-)

Photos
    View albums

Phen hasn't really been giving me too much energy I always crash really fast it seems. Yesterday and the day before that I didn't crash so soon or hard, so maybe my body is starting to get used to it. But for the first 3 days I crashed really bad. Hopefully the energy boost starts kicking in soon
    7/21- 229.2 (Sw)
    7/28- 222.4
    8/4-220.4
    8/11- 218.6

8/19-

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment- Buddha

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I had the same issue with Phen when I first started. It definitely never gave me energy and at first, I crashed, bad. I took one in the morning and by around 1 p.m. was ready for a nap and had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I can honestly say that I did become addicted to energy drinks and almost couldn't function through an entire day without them. i don't know if it was my body taking awhile to get used to Phen, or my body flushing the energy drinks and the supposed need for them out before I started feeling better. I personally feel like I had to detox from the energy drinks for awhile before the Phen started kicking in. It still doesn't give me a tremendous energy boost, however, the healthier diet, water intake, along with a weekly b12 injection can easily keep me going through a 14hr work day if needed. Like I said before I have so much more energy just drinking water than an energy drinks ever gave me. I believe I was starting to become immune to Monster, Rock Star, Red Bull, because they wouldn't give me an energy boost anymore, Just make me feel like normal again rather than exhausted. It really isn't healthy. My hypoglycemia also became out of control while on energy drinks, and my doctor told me that they were the cause of erratic blood sugars. I didn't listen, and was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar level of 42. I am now 100% convinced that there is absolutely nothing good about energy drinks, and will be staying away from them from now on. If you just started Phen, your body will get used to it, and you should stop getting that crashing feeling soon. I've even heard of some people not getting that energy boost until atleast a week or 2 in. Mine never kicked in, but it certainly works as an appetite suppressant, so I'll take it

Photos
    View albums

Ya I don't want to keep drinking the energy drinks anymore, I know that pop and energy drinks even the diet ones play a huge role in weight gain. I just will impatiently wait until my body gets used to phen. I have enough energy to go to the gym but last night I fell asleep at 7:30 pm which is pretty pathetic, but oh well at least I was able to fall asleep without using any sleeping pills. I haven't even been on phen a full week so sounds like I just need to give my body time to adjust.
    7/21- 229.2 (Sw)
    7/28- 222.4
    8/4-220.4
    8/11- 218.6

8/19-

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I was curious as to if you were taking any antidepressants with your phentermine in the morning. This is my 3rd round of phentermine along with diet and exercise and I always notice that if I take my happy pill in the morning it makes me tired. So instead I take it at night and it actually helps me sleep better.

Photos
    View albums

I don't remember everyone I have cared for in the hospital, but an avid runner and fit young man came in and had an emergency heart cath, doctors could'nt figure out why he landed in the cardiac unit but his wife told me during his assessment that he eats super healthy except for those 4-5 red bulls he has during the day.Needless to say his insides came back clean as a whislte and they chalked up his pain and expensive mini vacation to chest pain he brought on himself.please don't mix these energy drinks with diet pills.some people cannot tolerate one let alone both.
    246 1/2011 SW ,My heaviest ever!
    230 6/18/2011,on my own.
    230 6/18/2011 started phen 3x a week.
    227 6/25/2011
    224 7/04/2011
    216.4 07/11/2011
    Decided to do it on my own-no phen
    214.0 08/01/2011
    195 09/18/2011
    Goal weight 170

Silver Phenster Tonia Addison-Hall's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

More people die from running than you'd think. Young people, even. You can get a heart attack... Everything in moderation!!
    AndreaMegan likes this.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i never gave up coffee on phen, nope..i love me sum coffee

Photos
    View albums

I'm with you Andrea. I will never give up my morning coffee. It's probably my favorite time of day. Wake up, a little groggy and sit down and sip that first hot sip of coffee. Mmmmm

But I have never had and energy drink. I think both of my girls are addicted though
    AndreaMegan and bungalobill like this.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by LynneOaz View Post
    I'm with you Andrea. I will never give up my morning coffee. It's probably my favorite time of day. Wake up, a little groggy and sit down and sip that first hot sip of coffee. Mmmmm

But I have never had and energy drink. I think both of my girls are addicted though
    omg me too...i looovvvveee my coffee....I DID actually wait till my phen wore off to drink it (I drink turbo iced coffees from dunkin lol) but then It got sooner and sooner then I started taking my phen with my coffee lol terrible HAA oh well, you cant give up everyting I guess...

Silver Phenster Butterfly Princess's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Ahhh....coffee. Like all of you, a must for the wake-up time in the morning. I have maybe two or so cups before breakfast around 6:00 AM but then I don't take my Phen until maybe 11:00 AM or so. So I figure my little java isn't hurting anything.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by LynneOaz View Post

Wow .. a person after my own heart! I'm the first person up in the house and get very little alone time. I cherish my alone time in the morning with a few cups of coffee. I can think of very few things that woud cause me to take up arms and rebel. Outlawing the morning cup of coffee while easing into the day would be one of them.
    You can observe a lot just by watching ~ Yogi Berra

Photos
    View albums

have you tried b12 shots? or you can buy some and take them sublingual. I find it gives me more healthy energy but not that crazy jittery feeling.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

the b12 shot can NOVER replace my coffee..its the taste i like not the caffine..but the caffine is a plus..and I know ppl that got the b12 shots and it wasnt worth it to them..ill stick with coffee lol nothing can replace it lol

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

*Tonia, in actuality (and coming from a runner), the people that die are generally marathon runners (approximately 1 in 68,000 runners-not a lot in terms or marathoners). And their death is not because of running. It's because they had an underlying heart condition or heart disease to begin with, whether or not they knew about it. And marathon runners are running 26 miles. Thats extreme running. The people who die running would have died doing anything that got their heart rate up, including, um, sex. And I'm really not trying to sound mean. Promise! And even far less die from running for exercise (a few miles). It's not a good idea to scare people from running or anything that gets the blood flowing. You're more likely to get hit by a car walking out of your house, but that doesn't mean stay in the house forever. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. You can actually improve your cardio health by running. Just gotta consult a pysician before starting ANY exercise program if you haven't been very active for a while.
    Sorry, had to say it.

As for the energy drinks, those are just a bunch of chemicals mixed together. A waste of money. They say the B vitamins are what boost your energy, but if you're eating a balanced diet, you should already be getting plenty of B vitamins. I just drank a sugar free rockstar a little bit ago to see how it feels in combination with the phen... my heart is racing, which has not happened until now in the 8 days I've been on it. And when I stand up, I get dizzy and gotta sit back down. If your heart is already beating like crazy, I wouldn't do it.... Very uncomfortable at the moment. Lol, gotta stop testing things on myself......
    Good luck!

Silver Phenster Tonia Addison-Hall's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry angelpants3, but I don't agree with you. I know what I've seen, heard and read. I will never, ever run, unless it's for my life. There has been a lot of these deaths lately, I don't know how you haven't seen them in the news, people with NO underlying heart condition, dying of heart failure while running. I'm not going to argue with you, let's just leave it at agree to disagree. I'm tired and heading to bed. If you want proof, google it...

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have indeed googled it. But you have the same chance to die on an elliptical machine in the gym. It's all about the heart rate being up. It's an extremely rare occurance. Hence why it makes the news...it's rare. People die of various cancers every day, but that doesn't make the news, because its common. Especially rare in healthy active individuals. I have running to be thankful for keeping me at 125lbs for many years before I got pregnant. But I shall agree to disagree. Hope you have a wonderful night and enjoy your rest. :-)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am in no way comparing energy drinks to coffee, I used to be a very routine coffee drinker as well. I loved the taste of strong black, warm coffee and loved the way it would wake me up like nothing else did. When I decided to cut out energy drinks, I decided to cut out caffeine all together. I realized that I couldn't function without my caffeine and that went for my morning coffee as well. I swapped out my morning coffee for a morning jog, or quick walk. After awhile I realized that not only did this wake me up better than coffee ever did, it got me through my day longer, and I felt better overall. I have still craved coffee occasionally but have decided to stay away from it, fearing that it would kick up old habits and cravings for stronger caffeine and it's just for the best that I don't. I used to be a runner. I loved the way it made me feel, loved the way that once I started running I didn't want to stop, I could run for hours and feel great all day. i have started jogging again and it does feel good. I have never heard of someone dieing from running but I'm sure it goes the same with as everything else, anything in excess can be dangerous. However, I think it's obvious that caffeine is far more dangerous than running.