Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Second time around?

Hi, I’m not exactly new to Phentermine. I’ve taken Adipex before, and I have one question; but first, some back story. I have 2 kids. I’m very active, I work out every day, I’m not an excessive eater, I eat 4 to 5 small meals a day and I am normally a very healthy 140 to 150 lbs. However, whenever I get pregnant I balloon up to 200+ (230 with my first, and 250 with my second, which I just gave birth to about 2 months ago) and I cannot seem to lose the weight through diet and exercise. So, last time to drop the weight, after I had settled to 190 after childbirth, I had started taking Adipex and continued eating normally and working out regularly and had gotten back down to a decent weight. (In fact, I had lost too much and went down to 137 where I had started to look too thin and I had decided to stop taking the Adipex and put the weight back on.) I went back up to around 150 and stayed there until I got pregnant again and gained almost 100 lbs when I checked into the hospital at 247 to give birth to my second in May of this year.

I am now cleared from my OB and my PCP to get back to working out, and I have done so. My weight has stabilized at a very hefty 220 (30 lbs above the 190 I previously was at with my last one) and I cannot help feeling that perhaps I should investigate going back on Adipex again to get back down to my healthy weight. But, I don’t want to invest the time and effort in doing so again if it’s going to not work. Has anybody had any luck with weight loss the second or third time around with it?

As a side note: I am currently also taking 200 mg of Topamax for migraines right now because as soon as I gave birth to the baby my migraines hit me full force again and my neurologist put me back on it since it was working a few years ago, so hopefully some of the weight loss mythos might come true for me from that.
    Last edited by Marenta; July 18th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster Butterfly Princess's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Sorry to say I am of no help to you regarding the pregnancy thing as I have never been pregnant. But this is my second time on Adipex/Phen and it is my best friend this time. For me the first time around did nothing. I think I only tried it for one month or so. I felt no benefits the first time. This time it has been the best tool in helping me along. Hopefully some of the other girls here have some better words of wisdom for you.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My hopes are high for losing. Like I said, I'm working out again and eating right, I just don't want to run straight to the doc and have her put me on pills thinking it's going to be a miracle cure-all. I know it's a tough road to recovery, but I just wish my body didn't auto-suicide every time I decided to have a baby.

I just hope that it might work a little, maybe not as well as it did the first time, but somewhat the second time if I do decide to get it again.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

This is my second time with Phen and so far so good. I am also doing weight watchers! I had lost about 40 lbs., when I first started it so let's hope I can lose it again and KEEP IT OFF THIS TIME!

Good luck to all of us!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well, I have an appointment with the PCP on Thursday, the 21. I知 going to ask to be put on Phen and see what she says. I don稚 think she値l give me any grief about it since I知 pretty sure she値l want me to lose the weight, and the fact that I知 already working out and have myself on a healthy charted diet (documented so that I can show her) will probably up my chances that she値l write me the prescription. With any luck, it値l help. I just don稚 know if it値l work as well as it did last time. We値l just have to see, though!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This is my second time around. First was great but regained due to medication I had to take for an injury. And the extra weight is now compounding my problem. so I'm hoping things will go just as great so I can be more mobile. I found out I have a genetic defect in my ankles that causes me to sprain them all the time, which is very painful. Less weight equals less pressure. Good luck to you and I'll be posting with my progress. I start taking my phen tomorrow the 21st of july.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

This is my second go at Phen and it has worked the same, if not better. I gained back about 15 of the pounds I lost last year on Phen due to stress of going back to work and getting into old habits of not exercising and not watching the calories. I saw the weight go up slowly and didn't seem to be as aggressive at stopping the run-away train as I had planned.

So far, I have to say Phen has helped me get my appetite back under control to cut the calories like I need to and the extra energy is a plus. I recently found out I have an umbilical hernia and have to have surgery in 2 weeks so I am dieting without exercise which really bothers me because I know that without the exercise, I am probably losing muscle I need.

I think you will find your second time on Phen beneficial but like anything, we have to really stay disciplined. Despite my appetite suppression, I still have to fight at times late night snacking urges but at least they are less than if I wasn't on Phen. Good luck!
    Start Weight: 170 lbs (March 1, 2014)
    Current Weight: 137.5.

Start weight - 170
    2/28 - 168 lbs
    3/7 - 164.5
    3/14 - 161.8
    3/21 - 161.1
    3/28 - 158.8
    4/4 - 158.8
    4/11 - 157.4
    4/18 - 157.1
    4/24 - 154.4
    5/2 - 152.6
    5/9 - 149.3
    5/16 - 148.5
    5/23 - 147.8
    5/30 - 146.6
    6/15 - 144.0
    7/7 - 143
    7/29 - 142
    8/4 - 141.5
    8/9 - 139
    8/27 - 137.5

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Welp, doc said nope to starting me on either phen. I think I may go to a bariatric doc and see if I can go that route. Will keep you all posted!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Marenta View Post
    Welp, doc said nope to starting me on either phen. I think I may go to a bariatric doc and see if I can go that route. Will keep you all posted!
    Why did he/she say no? What does a bariatric doctor do?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

She was afraid it would exacerbate the migraines. A bariatric doc deals with only weight loss.