Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StaciMommyof2

Thread: Calculate Your Calorie Intake

Photos
    View albums

Default Calculate Your Calorie Intake

This is for the people who are taking in less than 1200 calories a day (some people actually said they were only taking in 600 a day!). This is what you need to know.

I'm still new but eventually you will learn I am a big researcher. I like to find out the most of anything that might help me at my goals and anything that peaks my interest (even outside of weight loss).

I posted on here a couple of days ago and a member replied telling another member to calculate their BMR. I had only heard of a BMI so I decided to look it up. What I found was a great way to calculate what you should intake to MAINTAIN and LOSE (and even gain if you wanted).

First click this link:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Once you read it and know what your daily BMR is, then visit the link that says "Harrison Benedict Equation" or visit this link:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Read and then choose which energy level best describes you. Then multiply. Once you find out THAT number then visit that link below. It will tell you the minimum and maximum amount of calories to subtract from your calories. No less than 500 no more than 1000.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...ose-weight.php

Try it. You will see the best amount of weight loss. And if you don't see the weight loss on the scale you will def see it in the way clothing fits, etc. This is the best way to lose fat and gain muscle and create a better plan for yourself when you come off of the phen.

Note: This is just a suggestion and it is not intended to offend anyone. Just trying to help.
    Last edited by StaciMommyof2; June 10th, 2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
    Rose Petal likes this.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you Stacy for bringing this to our attention, very interesting. Certainly a great indicator as to how many calories one needs to consume per day depending on how much weight a person wants to lose per week. That depends on what diet plan someone follows. Some people like the high protein/low carb diet and in this case calorie counting is not taken into account all that much although it is a good idea even on this plan to count calories. Cheers and thanx again.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for sharing, very interesting. Im doing high protein low carbs so this wouldn't work for me but I cab pass this on to my friend who is counting her calories. Thanks again for sharing!!!