Is anyone doing Weight Watcher's while taking Phentermine?
Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Is anyone doing Weight Watcher's while taking Phentermine?

So I've been on and off the WW wagon more times than I can count. Only to gain more weight than I lost. So the DR put me on Phentermine as of the other day. I saw some people post about not having so many carbs. Well I LOVE carbs way to much. But WW's is based on a Pt system. Like I'm allowed 30 pts a day. Protein, low carbs and stuff is low in pts. While bad carbs are high in pts. They try to get you to eat more cleaner. But once your done withe the pts your done. Fruits and Vegs are mostly free. I don't eat many fruits since it's not the season. All I eat in vegs are Greenbeans and corn, (corn has pts).

So My question is? They allow you to have 49 Wkly pts as well, to use on a splurge or more healthy foods. Those of you that are on WW's along with this pill do you use those extra pts. I know without the pill I could only have 1/2 of the weekly if i didn't excersise. Now if I excersise then I have ot eat all of them plus my Activity pts. That's the only way I would lose.

So can someone help me out with this. Do you think WW's is great along with this pill.

Should I eat the activity pts?

I just want this to work. I'm so sick of being over weight and not having energy to play with my kids. I was also thinking of taking some B12 vitamins. Would they be ok with this? I'm a nervous freak about pills. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I got a b-12 shot at the doctor on Tuesday and it was the greatest thing ever! I loved it and it made a huge difference in my energy level and I could really bump up my workouts! I have never taken the vitamins, but I would definitely give it a try! I do the Livestrong website which is just counting calories and workouts and I do not use the extra calories that I am allowed due to the excercise. I have found that when I do eat more than my normal allotment of calories the next day is hard to go back down, it just makes me feel hungrier. I love carbs also, so I have just cut out any white carbs, but I still have whole grain carbs and have actually not missed the white carbs at all. There are lots of free diet websites out there, if you are not loving the WW maybe think about trying one of those. It all comes down to calories in/calories used, and you just need to track it. Anything will work if you stick with it.

Photos
    View albums

i typically don't use my anytime points

just in case i underestimate my points on the other days (i don't lie but i can't always measure so i used that chart to eyeball)

i don't switch out my activity either

i figure if i don't use them its all bonus to me

--i'm in week 8 and have lost 25lbs

my before pic

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

friendofgreen you are doing phen and weight watchers? i am thinkin about doing the ww thing. i am just not haveing any luck with what i am doing now.
    life is what we make it, so lets all be strong for each other and do our best.

Photos
    View albums

well i'm doing WW and ephedra

i can't afford what they charge for phen around here

my before pic

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

is that the samething? can u tell me alittle about the ww. i am really thinking about doing it

Photos
    View albums

they're pretty much the same thing-kill your appetite and give you energy

i've always been kinda anti-WW

i just hate the name or something--idk

so i tried it last year (the old points) did it for a month and didn't drop a lb.

was looking at HCG but then decided to try to do the new WW points plus before i really went nuts and tried that (its only 500cal on HCG)

so i'm in week 8 (7.5) and i've lost 25lbs --i absolutely love it!!!!

like i said--i don't really use my extra points or switch out my activity (figure in case i misjudge a portion size or whatever--i'm covered) and my activity i don't swap b/c i want them to be activity points

so many people fall into that trap--well i worked out i can eat this (only they worked out and burnt 150 calories and ate 400 calories worth of food-since they worked out)

my before pic

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

what kinda foods can you eat on ww ( the new ww)? whats the difference in the old and the new? i am so lost when it comes to stuff. i just want to lose weight so bad that i stress my self out about it. i always feel like i am doing something wrong so i give up. i am afraid of failure.

Photos
    View albums

you can eat whatever you want on WW

they give everything a points value--or you can calculate it yourself

as long as you stay in your points its fine--you could eat pizza and doritos all day (not that they recommend that)

it helps you learn which food are more garbage than healthy

and when you're close on points you look for healthier options

and they give you alot of great tips on portion sizes and healthy recipes

my before pic

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

i think i may have to join the ww club

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the info. WW's is great about teaching you portion control. I just never felt happy with what I ate. SO the Dr decided it give me the pill to help me along. So far I feel good but just wish I had more energy.. I'll start working out next week so that should help some..

I'll continue to follow the plan and see what happens. I just feel like I'm not eating enough right now.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Hi i am also doing the ww. I dont use my anytime points or activity points if possible. The phen 30 mg, has helped alot with me sticking to the program! it helped me not go beyond the allowed portions. I have been on ww alone for 1 week,and had 2 little binges. then i started taking the phen to help and no binges!!!! and i dont feel like i am starving myself like i did the last time i took the phen, because i am on a plan that teaches good eating habits. How are you doing with it?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm doing good now that I have the pill too. When I was doing it without the pilll, I was either gaining or losing.2. I was just getting aggrated so the Dr put me on Phen to help with carbing my appetite.. I love it and it has helped me only eat a serving of things that I would usually have 2 or 3 of.. I feel like If I want to have a good meal one day as a splurge and I use just some then it'll be ok. Just don't do it everyday. WW's is all about portion control, and learning to eat this way for life. See that's where I have a issue with. I feel once I stop taking these pills and start eating more of those pts I'll end up gaining weight. That's the one fear I have. So I don't know what to do about that...

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have done Weight Watchers and it was always successful for me. The only reason I stopped doing it and went with a different program from my nutrionist is because WW only calculates based off of Carbs, Protein, Fiber and Fat. IT doesnt look at calories, Saturated Fat, Cholestrol, etc. I wanted to look at the bigger picture so I chose the other route.

Despite that, I still think WW is an excellent program. It isnt a diet because you eat whatever you want...but in portions. Your best bet is NOT to use your weekly points if you can avoid it...and if you are taking Phen, you shouldnt have a problem with that since you really wont feel like eating all that much. =)

Good Luck!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I am currently taking the adipex along with following the new WW program. I definitely do not use the anytime points. I tried using them for about 2 weeks and didnt loose a pound (even w/ the adipex)! As soon as i went to using only my daily allowance, I began dropping pounds at a good pace. I started both on Jan 3rd of this year and as of my last weigh in (2/14/11), I had lost 25lbs. I do not think i will go back to trying to use the additional points. Since the adipex curbs your appetite, I felt as if I was forcing myself to eat. I hope this helps you...

Start Phen 1/05/2011 328.2lbs
    1/17/2011 314.4lbs
    2/03/2011 312.4 lbs
    02/14/2011 303.0 lbs

Photos
    View albums

I have also been on and off the WW bandwagon. I am currently counting points with my phen. I still have the previous WW stuff. I don't use any of my activity points. I also don't eat the full amount of points that I'm alloted. When using phen, you eat about 1200 calories a day. That's around 20 points (pre-points plus calculation) a day. So I stick to 20 points a day. Without phen, 20 points a day would be impossible, but due to phen, it's very easy. I also stay away from the 35 weekly points for "fun". Now and again, I do use some of them, but I don't make a habit of it. As far as vitamins, I take a Women's one-a-day active metabolism and a liquid b-complex every morning. This works WONDERS!!! The multi-vitamin for obvious reasons. The B-Complex though, completely counteracts the phen rage for me.It also got my libido back to normal & helped with fatigue. The phen initially made me more sluggish and lowered my libido(quite opposite for most phen users), but the b-complex fixed that.

WW is the only way I can keep myself accountable for what I'm eating. I think it's a great tool for phen users.

Started Phen 1.1.11 @ 245 pounds
    1st Goal: 10 pounds (Jan. 10, 2011)
    2nd Goal: 25 pounds (Mar. 8, 2011)
    3rd Goal: 50 pounds
    4th Goal: 75 pounds
    5th Goal: 85 pounds

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Thumbs up Weight Watchers

Suggest you try yoga exercising which is strengthening your body gently from inside out. If you want to lose weight and may need help, then join a group such as Weight Watchers that has a healthy diet you can live with and get support. You need appropriately need 1800 calories daily. You can try to do it on your own with eating healthy choices such as the healthy heart diet.
    Last edited by matiss; January 4th, 2017 at 05:21 PM.