Close

Thread: Fiji Water

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Fiji Water

I absolutely love this stuff in the square bottles. I know, water is supposed to be water but something in this (minerals maybe) makes it taste better than the rest to me. The company website says they get it right out of the ground with no additional processing.

So.... my question is this: can anyone recommend a good water pitcher/filter that will come close to tasting like the Fiji. I would love to drink (well maybe not love) my necessary 143 oz /day of water in Fiji water but would need to mortgage the house to do so. So, my next best option might be to try and duplicate it. What I have already tried is a Britta filter, both straight from the tap AND from the fridge (which is already filtered by a PUR filter, so in effect I have filtered it twice). The twice filtered was better than the Britta alone but still not the same as the Fiji. Would like to hear feedback on other types of filters that folks have used.

Thanks.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

lol, that would definitly get expensive only drinking fiji water!
    I have the PUR water filter on my faucet and I love it.
    Summer Challenge BEFORE pic, 3/24/2012 214.6lbs

WEEK 1--3/28: Goal 212 Actual 213 (-1.6)
    WEEK 2--4/4: Goal 209 Actual
    Summer Challenge 3/24-6/30/2012

Change happens not by hatred but by love. Change happens when you understand what you want to change so deeply that there is no reason to do anything but act in your own best interest.
    ~Geneen Roth

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by douggoss View Post
    I absolutely love this stuff in the square bottles. I know, water is supposed to be water but something in this (minerals maybe) makes it taste better than the rest to me. The company website says they get it right out of the ground with no additional processing.

So.... my question is this: can anyone recommend a good water pitcher/filter that will come close to tasting like the Fiji. I would love to drink (well maybe not love) my necessary 143 oz /day of water in Fiji water but would need to mortgage the house to do so. So, my next best option might be to try and duplicate it. What I have already tried is a Britta filter, both straight from the tap AND from the fridge (which is already filtered by a PUR filter, so in effect I have filtered it twice). The twice filtered was better than the Britta alone but still not the same as the Fiji. Would like to hear feedback on other types of filters that folks have used.

Thanks.
    Hmmmmmm.... LOL I am the total opposite.... the Fiji water to me, tastes too much like dirt....... I prefer the Dasani, TO ME it has a really clean, crisp taste.... I HATE aquafina lol........ to each their own I suppose....... maybe Culligan/Aquasana/also a company called (New wave Enviro Products) puts out a water bottle that filters tap water.... (has received great reviews by celebs, and has even been stated as leaving water tasting like FIJI) ....hopefully those might work for you... Good luck, & happy drinking
    PREVIOUSLY on Phen. SW (250) Dropped to (165) maintained for 2 years.
    *Traumatic events & depression lead to REGAIN*

CURRENTLY restarting weight loss process-

12/16/10- SW (274.6)
    12/20/10- 273
    12/27/10- 268
    01/03/11- 267
    01/07/11- 264
    01/17/11-260 (down 2 inches hips & thighs, 1.5 chest)
    01/24/11-258
    02/07/11-260 (TOM)
    02/14/11-258
    02/21/11-254
    02/28/11-

GOAL 180/170/160 (small goals in 10lb intervals)

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Douggoss, I agree with you the Fiji water is the best water out. But I stop drinking Fiji becasue it didn't tell me how many cups were in a bottom and started drinking smart water again. Because the largest bottle is 8 glasses of water. And also now that I'm doing much more water than usual... I started drinking tap water again. I saw a documentary discussing tap vs filter and it made completely sense to me so now I mostly drink tap.

Full Body Picture (4/30/11)

CONSISTENCY =DEDICATION=HABIT= A NEW HEALTHIER ME & LIFE… I WELCOME THE CHALLENGE TO A CONSISTENT DEDICATED HABIT FORMING BETTER ME!

Photos
    View albums

fiji is soooooooooooooo the best water

my before pic

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I love Dasani water the best too! I also like the Kirkland brand from Costco.

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

water wise is a good water purifier, its kinda pricey but i love it.
    life is what we make it, so lets all be strong for each other and do our best.