Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question Alcohol and phen?

Yes I know you aren't really suppose to drink while taking these. I've never had any adverse reactions just curious if anyone else has?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster losingweight2010's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Not sure if it was the Phen or not... but the other night I went out drinking with some friends which I haven't done since being on Phen and ended up getting REALLY sick after only 2 drinks... I have never gotten sick from drinking before so wondering if it was the phen...

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This is my second time on phen, and I drink while on it and have never had any issues or adverse reactions.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

FYI, alcohol dehydrates you (all of us) and is contributing to why youre having mouth sores/ulcers.

It may not have happened in your prior times of taking Phen however our bodies are notorious for changing as they wish and reacting differently from time to time as they normally would.

For the normal Phen user who suffers from dry mouth if youre going to drink alcohol, you need to compensate prior by drinking EVEN MORE water than you normally would because it WILL affect you worse than when not taking Phen.

Also, alcohol=sugar so unless youre drinking straight vodka/water/lemon which contains the least sugar, than you might as well have a few candy bars because all youre doing is drinking sugar.

Not good if the goal is to lose weight.
    SW:225 (1/5/2011, started diet/workout)
    CW:218 (1/18/2011, started Phen)
    CW:216 (1/24/2011, lost 3 1/2 inches total)
    CW:214 (1/31/2011)
    CW:211 (2/7/2011)
    CW:206 (2/14/2011, lost 8 1/4 inches total)
    GW:150
    56 lbs to go!!

Photos
    View albums

I completely stopped drinking the first two months after I started taking phen. I wanted to make sure the medicine was working.

I agre with rmpeters85, the mixers are very high in sugary calories. When I drink, I drink vodka, water, and lemon juice.

I am aware that alcohol and dieting do not mix, but i need a little stress relief!

Scott

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I totally agree with ya Troll!

I'll either have some vodka/lemon or a glass of red wine that ill nurse for awhile.

We all need a bit of stress relief occassionally!
    56 lbs to go!!

Photos
    View albums

Ditto on the wine. I do that too. Maybe once every two or three weeks. My regular is vodka and water w/ lemon. I REALLY miss whiskey sours. I used to drink a couple of those every night when I got home. I just pass the Wild Turkey bottle in the liquor store with sadness in my eye.

Scott

Bronze Phenster losingweight2010's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Well yeah its not good to drink while dieting... but then again I don't consider myself dieting... This whole process was a lifestyle change and I'm not going to sit here and say I will NEVER have a drink cause thats not true at all...

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I was wondering that too. I went out last night and didn't drink(faught temptation even though there was chocolate martinis and chocolate cake shots in my face)mmmm.... I told myself I wouldn't drink for 3 months so I haven't since new years but just wondering how everyone else does with it...
    SUMMER CHALLENGE

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I've been pretty good, but like LOSINGWEIGHT2010 mentioned, last time I actually had several bud lights with the hubby, I got really sick and spent a bit of time in the potty. So, I'll stick to the vodka and wine while on Phen cause otherwise my body hates me :-(
    56 lbs to go!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'm the same way - I'm not going to not drink. I quit drinking beer a year or two ago because it made me feel so bloaty and gross. I only drink wine and Bacardi and diet coke. I'm sure that if I completely cut out drinking, I'd loose more weight faster, but I'm not willing to do that. I lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle and fell into some bad eating habits and that was the cause of my weight gain. I have been working hard since May 2010 with my exercise, and got on the phen in January 2011 to help give me the boost I need with getting myself totally on track. I did a 12k run at the beginning of May and a half-marathon at the end of May, both of which I will be doing again this year.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by rmpeters85 View Post
    FYI, alcohol dehydrates you (all of us) and is contributing to why youre having mouth sores/ulcers.

It may not have happened in your prior times of taking Phen however our bodies are notorious for changing as they wish and reacting differently from time to time as they normally would.

For the normal Phen user who suffers from dry mouth if youre going to drink alcohol, you need to compensate prior by drinking EVEN MORE water than you normally would because it WILL affect you worse than when not taking Phen.

Also, alcohol=sugar so unless youre drinking straight vodka/water/lemon which contains the least sugar, than you might as well have a few candy bars because all youre doing is drinking sugar.

Not good if the goal is to lose weight.

Pretty sure I did not say that I drank every day .... ACTUALLY the first time that I have drank in 6 months was last night which was AFTER I got the ulcers ( thanks for reading my other post though). Yea I drank a lot ! 8 or 9 mixed drinks, 3 jello shots and 2 regular shots. It was fun and while I am trying to lose weight I still consumed only around 1100 calories from food and 100 oz of water yesterday. Oh and the effects were NOT EVEN WORSE ! It affected me no different than it has in the past when I wasn't taking phen. Thanks for your input though.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

No need to sound offended.

It seemed you were agitated that noone was responding to your questions so we're trying to help. Noone said you drank everyday and regardless if you think it hasnt made it worse, alcohol dehydrates our bodies and thats a fact. Noone is an exception to that rule, its what alcohol does.
    56 lbs to go!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by rmpeters85 View Post
    No need to sound offended.

It seemed you were agitated that noone was responding to your questions so we're trying to help. Noone said you drank everyday and regardless if you think it hasnt made it worse, alcohol dehydrates our bodies and thats a fact. Noone is an exception to that rule, its what alcohol does.

not offended ..... just saying my mouth was dry and i had ulcers BEFORE i drank anything with alcohol in it. So clearly that is not the cause of it.

Also I wasn't agitated that people weren't responding to my post particularly. I just noticed that people don't respond to anyones post hardly.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have been taking phen sense november and I have not changed my drinking habits too much. I am a regular drinker, depending on what's going on but I basically drink at least 1 night a week, some times more... maybe 1-4 days depending. I stopped drinking beer completely and when I drink I use zero calories energy drinks as chasers. I try to only drink shots to get a small amount of alcohol versus mixed drinks, I do drink mike's hard and twisted teas too. I usually drink jager or vodka. I think that I get drunk faster or more drunk then I used to, but I am not sure if it's the phen or if it's the fact that I eat so much less then before.

But, I've decided to not drink until st.patty's day.. a mixture of a bad night of drinking and wanting to see if it helps with losing more weight!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I rarely drink - maybe a glass of wine once every 2 months or so but I went out last weekend and I don't know if it was the phen or what, but I got hammered WAY too fast. Lol-granted I drank 1.5 Long Island's but it's almost like the alcohol hit me sooo fast. Anyone else have this issue?
    Maybe that's why they say not to mix alcohol & phen = not sure though. I agree, this is not about a "diet" it's about changing your lifestyle, so if you want to have a few drinks here & there - go for it, just understand if your weight stalls, maybe then you have to reevaluate.

Photos
    View albums

check out bajabobs.com. They have sugar free drink mixers. The triple citrus margarita mix is really good! The Cranberry Cosmo is good too.

I have had no unpleasant effects drinking on phen. I had a couple coors lights last weekend and part of hubby's long island.

Another good diet drink is vanilla vodka and diet coke.

I'm so not willing to give up my weekend cut loose time LOL, so I have explored alternatives.

Starting weight: 260 12/27/12
    Measurements: 12/27/12:
    Bust 49"
    Waist 47"
    Hips 60"

**Well-behaved women rarely make history**

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

My prescription paperwork from the pharamacy said something about the two intesify the effects. From of the sounds of it, it is right!! I havent drank anything on it...but maybe I should! LOL!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

We made rasberry vodka mixed with diet cherry 7-up and that was actually pretty yummy, but I tend to like the sweet drinks, which this really satisfied. And yea, I agree, you gotta let loose and have some fun sometimes, i can't imagine just going months with out going to parties or the bar! How boring would that be??!!
    Last edited by glorbaby; February 18th, 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Photos
    View albums

I know right. I have some effen vodka which is black cherry vanilla and I've tried it with regular coke in the past and it's really good...Wondering how it would be with diet coke? bring on the weekend lol

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

it would be great w/ diet coke!! yum, now i want some lol. I drank a glass of wine one night and felt very tired soon after, and that never happened before phen...i could drink a 1.5liter and just be stupid drunk...but then a diff night i had soju, a korean vodka type drink, and didn't have any negative effects at all.

Photos
    View albums

hmm.. Korean vodka. Might have to try that I Love Vodka :P

Photos
    View albums

I drink Michelob Ultras because they're low carb, low calorie. I wish I could drink the lower calorie mixers, but I don't trust myself on liquor! It effects me way too much!! And I hate hangovers! I try to limit my beers to about six and I have a lot of complex b vitamins before and throughout the night to keep the hangover at bay. A five hour energy drink before the party begins also helps followed up the next morning with another five hour and some ibuprofen. Still, at 90 calories a beer, six beers can put a dent in my diet. But I'm usually dancing up a storm, too..so that helps burn some of the calories. While on phen, I haven't noticed a difference....thank goodness because I thoroughly enjoy my downtime!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by skeye1386 View Post
    hmm.. Korean vodka. Might have to try that I Love Vodka :P
    yeah, it's kinda like vodka...it is clear and honestly it tastes like pure alcohol...even rubbing alcohol...ahahahhaa! My hubby sends it to me from s.korea. its really cheap too. but they LOVE it over there. i recently found out they sell it at the local liquor store right down the road. but i mix it with calorie free drinks, be careful tho, it sneeks up on you. you can drink alot of it and not feel buzzed, then all of a sudden you are like WHOA! WTF! lol

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

so with all this alcohol talk i must ask... if you plan to go out and have a drink or two do you avoid taking your phen that particular day?

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

speaking just for me, I still took the phen. I take mine very early in the morning (6:30)and by the time I had a drink with friends, it was late, (10pm) and I did not experience any negative effects. I drank red wine, 2 glasses. I think everyone reacts differently, so some ppl might just not take it to be safe. I felt fine, like I normally would if I drank 2 glasses without the phen. I def. would not ever drink within a few hours of taking it tho...that would probably not be good, lol.

Photos
    View albums

Okay, been on phen for a month and last weekend I drank about 6 Michelob Ultras which is usually my limit with no hangovers...well, I got STUPID DRUNK!! It hit me like a ton of bricks and my hangover lasted a day and a half!!! Last night I went out and nursed ONE beer all night...didn't get a buzz or anything and this morning......hangover....not as bad as last weekend but had a headache, light headiness, dizziness, nausea...UGH!!

I get it now...phen and alcohol don't mix!! At least not for my body chemistry. Alcohol is off limits for me until I'm off the phen!!