Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default Phentermine 37.5 and Topamax 25mg Anyone taking the 2???

I have been on Phen before and did great. Tried it again last year and did not have success. This time the Dr. added Topamax to the Phen. Has anyone ever done the two?? Just reading the paper on Topamax is scary to me..Please let me know. I have not taken the Topamax yet. It says to take the Topamax before bed.
    8/28/2010 restart Phen 204 lbs.
    8/30/2010 -201

Debbie
    Florida

2. Advertising
    advertising

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I have not taken Topomax with phen but I did take it for migraine prevention. One of the side effects of Topomax is weight loss, which is great but I was not able to function while taking it. I could not focus at work and became very forgetful so I stopped taking it. I have a close friend that takes Topomax for migraines and she felt the same way for 30 days and then was fine. I would definitely take it in the evening and see how you feel on it the next morning. BTW - my girlfriend that takes the Topomax lost 25 pounds and she did not even need to lose the weight!

Photos
    View albums

Thank you for replying.. The bottle does say take it at night. I think I will try it when I dont have to work the next day. I have read different forums on it and some have success and some dont..Guess i will just have to see..Thanks again for your reply I do appreciate it..
    8/28/2010 restart Phen 204 lbs.
    8/30/2010 -201

Debbie
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I've taken both of them as well. My dr. prescribed me topomax in conjunction w/ phentermine to act as that new weight loss drug they are trying to get through the fda..qnexa. My dr. wanted me to start off taking 25mg of topomax for 5 days then up it to 50mg..repeat til I was at 100mg or so per day. I tried it for a few days just the 25mg and was a ZOMBIE! It was awful, I couldn't even concentrate - no wonder why people lose weight! I stopped taking it and then at my next appt w/ her we talked about it and she asked me to try to just take 25mg only at night and see what happens so I did and it was much better. I took it for a few months but then had to have gallbladder surgery and never started it back. She said that the topomax will work on your brain as the phen helps w/ the appetite.
    Summer Challenge BEFORE pic, 3/24/2012 214.6lbs

WEEK 1--3/28: Goal 212 Actual 213 (-1.6)
    WEEK 2--4/4: Goal 209 Actual
    Summer Challenge 3/24-6/30/2012

Change happens not by hatred but by love. Change happens when you understand what you want to change so deeply that there is no reason to do anything but act in your own best interest.
    ~Geneen Roth

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I just did a search for "Topomax" on this forum and got quite a few hits. Looks like a lot of people that tried it had dead head.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I have taken Topamax for migraine prevention. If you do some research on the drug, you will find a lot call it "dope-a-max". Oh my goodness does it make you dopey. Another side effect, it ruins your taste for anything carbonated. It makes a diet soda taste awful.

Photos
    View albums

My doctor gave me the Topamax 25mg and I got very dizzy and nauseated.Tried it about 1 wk symptoms stayed until I stopped it.Felt awful.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

My doctor put me on Topamax a couple of months ago for migraines and as a mood stabilizer...I just started Phena nd Im almost scared to death to take my Topamax..which I hated anyways. Makes me feel like Im moving in slow motion at work, constantly forgetting stuff...I hated it. I work in a busy kitchen and there is very little room from screw ups.

However, my BFF was put on Topamax for the same thing (she is bipolar type 2) and she lost a significant amount of weight, but she doesnt work so was able to deal with the side effects better than me.

Photos
    View albums

My Dr has me on a low dose of Prozac (10 mg) w/ the phentermine. He says it will keep me from building a tolerance to the phen. I have been on it since June 10th of last year. I haven't had any problems and it seems to still be working. Maybe you could ask about that combo instead.

Scott

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Angel View Post
    My doctor put me on Topamax a couple of months ago for migraines and as a mood stabilizer...I just started Phena nd Im almost scared to death to take my Topamax..which I hated anyways. Makes me feel like Im moving in slow motion at work, constantly forgetting stuff...I hated it. I work in a busy kitchen and there is very little room from screw ups.

However, my BFF was put on Topamax for the same thing (she is bipolar type 2) and she lost a significant amount of weight, but she doesnt work so was able to deal with the side effects better than me.
    The only way I could take topomax was a lose dose (25mg) and at night only. I tried for a few days to take it in the morning and it was absolutely awful. Maybe try to take it before bed so most of the "dopiness" wears off as you sleep. My dr. has me back on it because she said it will help w/ the effectiveness of phen.
    Best wishes!!
    Summer Challenge BEFORE pic, 3/24/2012 214.6lbs

WEEK 1--3/28: Goal 212 Actual 213 (-1.6)
    WEEK 2--4/4: Goal 209 Actual
    Summer Challenge 3/24-6/30/2012

Change happens not by hatred but by love. Change happens when you understand what you want to change so deeply that there is no reason to do anything but act in your own best interest.
    ~Geneen Roth