Close
    Photos
    View albums

Question White phentermine pills with blue specs VS. Light blue pills with blue specs

Hi all,
    I started taking phentermine the end of October. I always went to CVS to pick up my perscription (white pill with blue specs) I was very satisfied with the results. With Diet and Exercise I was able to lose a little over 25lbs... During this past winter holiday my Doctor was away so I couldn't get a refill for 12 days. I was able to keep my weight stable...but anyways... after my December check up I brought my prescription to walmart so I can do some shopping... when i got home i realized the pills were blue with blue specs... They looked the same... the bottle said phentermine so I really didn't think there was a difference... I'm half way through my pills and I've felt tired, no energy what's so ever... I've lost 1lb... not sure if I'm just immune to the meds now or these pills aren't helping me? or i'm just not exercising enough (3-4 times a week for 45minutes) ? I know they are from a different manufacture but has anyone else experienced this? I feel like since I was off for almost 2 weeks I would feel some of the side effects (dry mouth-very thirsty, loss of appetite) that I was having when i first started since it would probably be out of my system from the amount of water i drink? Let me know your take on this! Thanks
    Francesca

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Could be a tolerance, as Phen is only meant for "short term" use..... BUT could also be the meds......some people find different meds from different pharmacies work differently....... I realize they are basically the same ( or are suppose to be)... but quality may have something to do with the different effects..... not really sure. I know my first round with Phen was GREAT.... but then the meds stopped working all together.... this is my 2nd round, and they ARE working........ but no where near LIKE THEY DID IN THE BEGINING!!! ---Hopefully your next script will perform better for you. Good luck.
    PREVIOUSLY on Phen. SW (250) Dropped to (165) maintained for 2 years.
    *Traumatic events & depression lead to REGAIN*

CURRENTLY restarting weight loss process-

12/16/10- SW (274.6)
    12/20/10- 273
    12/27/10- 268
    01/03/11- 267
    01/07/11- 264
    01/17/11-260 (down 2 inches hips & thighs, 1.5 chest)
    01/24/11-258
    02/07/11-260 (TOM)
    02/14/11-258
    02/21/11-254
    02/28/11-

GOAL 180/170/160 (small goals in 10lb intervals)

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I had the same experience and then also i had a different reaction between the pills and the capsules. I prefer the capsules since they break down different and i have no side effects with those. But in the beginning i tried both of those pills and the white with blue specs worked better on me as well.

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for your input so far... I know phentermine is made for taking for a short term period to help you get on the right path and a little jump start. My friend has been on it for almost a year now and does not exercise and still makes bad choices with her meals... and she still looses weight! I'll be annoyed if it stopped working already lol... It gave me so much more energy... I guess I'll have to wait until my next appointment and go back to CVS. Hopefully it's just the pill quality.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This also happened to me. I always go to CVS to get my prespcription filled but this time I got the light blue pills with blue specks. I don't know if their is a difference but I will see. I really didn't realize it until a week into taking them. This is my second week using them and the first week I loss big. I hope it all works out since I paid $36 bucks for them

Full Body Picture (4/30/11)

CONSISTENCY =DEDICATION=HABIT= A NEW HEALTHIER ME & LIFE… I WELCOME THE CHALLENGE TO A CONSISTENT DEDICATED HABIT FORMING BETTER ME!