Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default I can't go to the bathroom!!! (May be TMI)

Ok, so this is day 17 on phen. The 1st week, I lost 8.5 pounds. And by te 10th, I'd lost my first 10. The remainder of the second week I didn't loose or gain anything, but I was on my period, so I attribute it to that. Yesterday was the begginning of week 3. I am enjoying the phen, and I can deal with the other side effects. My biggest concern is that I would like to be regular again!! I can feel that I have to go to the bathroom becasue I feel heavy, but nothing is happening!!! I've been going maybe 1x a week since starting and that one time is not even fulfilling. I started that Super Dieter's tea. I drank some last Sunday, and then again yesterday. Didn't do much but give me gas. Any suggestions on how to handle the constipation? I know I'm eating right. I have lots of fiber, veggies, fruits, I drink 100oz plus water. What else can I do?

Started Phen 1.1.11 @ 245 pounds
    1st Goal: 10 pounds (Jan. 10, 2011)
    2nd Goal: 25 pounds (Mar. 8, 2011)
    3rd Goal: 50 pounds
    4th Goal: 75 pounds
    5th Goal: 85 pounds

2. Advertising
    advertising

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Hate to say this but I am the queen of constipation. LOL. Is your tea the 3 ballerinas tea in the green box? Try the extra strength one, if you have the regular one. Another tea I swear by is Dr Miller's Holy tea, but its only available online, unless someone sell's it in your area. Also maybe Metamucil tablets? I can't stand the drink mix. I haven't given the tablets a good try though yet, I've been sick all this week, so, its the last thing on my mind. You are already eating fiber/veggies/fruits and water, I'm the same way! I can eat the perfect food and drink as much water as I want, and nothing moves.

Some other things that are more safe, Milk of Magnesia. This make your colon swell with extra water from your body to get the stool moving, but keep up your water intake up if you use it. Stool Softeners like Colace are safe to take daily, I usually pop 3 before bed, that help to keep everything lubricated in the colon.

My last resort is a stimulant lax. That usually always does it, but I don't use it too often, certainly not daily, or even weekly, maybe once or twice a month, if all the other remedies don't work.

I hope this cold be of some help, I'm so sorry you're having troubles, I know how miserable it can be. Good Luch!

LS

PS: I was thinking some more, I haven't tried prune juice, but it works for some people. However, believe it or not if you have a whole foods store, or trader joe's something of that nature, organic dark cherry juice is really good for your bowels. Okay I'm done. ^^
    Last edited by Littlesushi; January 17th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right." ~ Henry Ford

Photos
    View albums

Thank you so much!!! The tea I'm currently drinking is te Super Dieter's Tea in cinnamon spice flavor. It just has a picture of a tea cup on the box. I think I'll try that Milk of Magnesia stuff. I've also heard epsom salt in water works.....Not sure. Thanks for your help though! :-)

Started Phen 1.1.11 @ 245 pounds
    1st Goal: 10 pounds (Jan. 10, 2011)
    2nd Goal: 25 pounds (Mar. 8, 2011)
    3rd Goal: 50 pounds
    4th Goal: 75 pounds
    5th Goal: 85 pounds

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Most definitely, I haven't been brave enough to try epsom salt yet, hehe! if you try it let me know how it works. As for the tea, you will see it say extra strength on the front, if not, it just the regular, maybe steep it longer, or have 2 cups instead of one.

Photos
    View albums

Constipation while on phen is a normal side effect. I've seen many people on here say they drink "smooth move tea". I believe they drink it at night and go in the morning. I haven't tried the tea yet. I currently use "Prunelax" which is a pill made from prunes and senna. The smooth move tea is also made from senna. I prefer a pill over tea. You can take anywhere between 1-3 at a time. I was pretty full (sorry, TMI) so I took 2. It helped a lot! You do get some gas, but I didn't have any pain. The pills usually take 12 hours.

I drink 120-140 oz of water per day, with most days being more. So it doesn't matter how much water you drink.

Good luck!

Tina
    10/19/11 SW: 282.8
    10/26: 277.8 - 1st day
    1st goal: 250 2nd goal: 220 3rd goal: 199 - never remember being in the 1's.
    GW: 180 Overweight since 6th grade, first time I remember weighing myself (255), I was a junior in high school.

Photos
    View albums

I'm having the same problem. I'm only going to the bathroom on Sundays and even then I know it's not all out. I constantly have the urge to go, but NOTHING. It's very frustrating. Last night I bought a bottle of grape magnesium citrate to drink today, but I woke up feeling dizzy so I figured today probably wasn't the best day to drink it. I might try it this evening. I can't take the laxative pills because they cramp me too bad and stool softeners never seemed to have helped at all. I know the magnesium citrate works though and it's cheap. Alot of people have to drink it before a colonoscopy. Also have you tried Miralax? It doesn't cramp you and you can take it every day. My son had poop problems when he was little and he took it everyday. Good luck and I hope something works for you.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I bought the cherry juice today. If it works I will let you know. I wonder why phen is so constipating, even when I go I don't really seem to go if you know what I mean... that may be TMI, sorry

Photos
    View albums

ahhhh the dreaded non bowel movements! lol...now that I think of it, I was only constipated for about the 1st two weeks of taking phentermine, once my diet and eating habits changed soon thereafter I've been hitting the bathroom like clock work so continue with your tea, I usually consume mines right after a meal, which definitely helps out a lot!

Photos
    View albums

omg, i have the same exact issue.. so its not TMI for you to share.. Im barely going once a week and its driving me nuts.. the first week i didnt go, but i didnt really notice.. i was too excited about the weight loss.. but week 2 was a little ridiculous, i finally took a laxative.. (but those make me paranoid, i always think im just going to explode at the wrong time and wrong place.. lol!) i never thought to drink tea, (mostly because I HATE TEA) but i guess i will try that next.. ugh.. i hope we both get regular again.. lol

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    Robert Collier
    1 day at a time. 1 pound at a time.

Photos
    View albums

I like to do a salt water flush at least once a week. It produces quick results and it doesn't give me cramps. First thing in the morning, or at least 8 hrs after your last meal, fill a 32oz cup with luke warm water and stir in 2 tsp of fine sea salt. I drink it in about 4 big gulps, it's hard to do towards the last 1/3 of the glass without gagging. Then lay down on your right side and rub the lower stomach for about 15 min. Allow yourself two hours before you need to leave the house. Basically all the salt water you drink will come back out. You don't digest the salt, so it won't cause water retention or excess sodium health issues. It purifies the digestive system from top to bottom and removes impurities from the organs. While laxatives and enemas only clean out the colon, (which is a relatively small part of the digestive system) the salt water flush cleans the entire digestive system. It also does not cause dependence that OTC laxatives will over an extended period of use.
    Started Weightloss Journey Feb 1, 2010 at 262

☆*.**☆ **.**☆**.**☆

Photos
    View albums

I have been taking stool softners for over a week and it is not working at all. I feel so horrible and moody and am having issues sleeping because I have not gone to the bathroom for sooo long....

I agree with Heather165 about the salt water flush. It is a great way to flush out your entire bowel. My only issue is I start gagging right off the bat, but I gag trying to drink down all the water I have to every day on Phen. I have always done a salt water flush in the past but never on phen and was wondering how long before you took your phen did you drink your salt water?
    Last edited by Zo's Mummy; January 24th, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

296 HW: 04/01/10
    266 first time on Phentermine end date: 01/31/2011
    267 SW: 03/21/2011
    254: 05/19/2011
    248: 5/31/2011
    244: 6/13/2011
    242: 6/25/2011
    241: 7/03/2011
    240: 7/14/2011

Goal weight: 210 by 10/01/11

LOST MY FIRST 50 LBS ON 6/11/2011 - AM ON MY WAY!!!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

I haven't had the constipation side affect, however I think this may be because I am also taking Alli 3x's per day with my Phen (in the a.m.)

Alli cuts out about half the fat of each meal and you excrete the waste in your bowel movements (so it basically makes you go). For those who want that extra push, this may be something you might try.

Also, for every 5 lbs you lose Alli helps to increase that by another 2-3 lbs. It also helps you to not "cheat" on your diet because it stays in your system for up to 48 hours after taking a dose. So even if I took it yesterday and today want to "cheat" and eat a big juicy burger without taking an Alli, I'll still be stuck in the bathroom for the rest of the day for digesting to much fat since Alli is still circulating in my body. You can buy a 60 ct kit for about $39 (I bought mine at Walmart) and it even comes with a few little booklets on dieting, calorie counting, portion control, etc.

Good Luck!
    SW:225 (1/5/2011, started diet/workout)
    CW:218 (1/18/2011, started Phen)
    CW:216 (1/24/2011, lost 3 1/2 inches total)
    CW:214 (1/31/2011)
    CW:211 (2/7/2011)
    CW:206 (2/14/2011, lost 8 1/4 inches total)
    GW:150
    56 lbs to go!!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Ugh! Its only my second day and already I am having this problem! I was really not looking foward to some of the side effects some people talk about but I feel totally normal except for this one thing...I hope this is temporary...Well thanks for the advice I'll have to try one of those see what works for me...
    SUMMER CHALLENGE

Photos
    View albums

I used to have the same issue so I started adding 2 tablespoones of benifiber to my instant breakfast in the morning and 2 tablesppons to my crystal light at dinner and I have had no problems since. I jnow it can be frustrating trying to find what works for you. Good luck and as always..............
    Stay Strong,

Stephen

Phen start date-8/28/09

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Interesting... I was also using Alli with Phen in the first few days but have discountinued it. As contradictory as it sounds, your body actually needs some fat intake in order to keep burning fat. So, I am actually trying to increase my fat intake to be more on the moderate side as opposed to the low side. However, I started on pretty low fat ... If you're eating "big juicy cheeseburgers" daily three times a day then you're in a different boat :-).

Quote Originally Posted by rmpeters85 View Post
    I haven't had the constipation side affect, however I think this may be because I am also taking Alli 3x's per day with my Phen (in the a.m.)

Alli cuts out about half the fat of each meal and you excrete the waste in your bowel movements (so it basically makes you go). For those who want that extra push, this may be something you might try.

Also, for every 5 lbs you lose Alli helps to increase that by another 2-3 lbs. It also helps you to not "cheat" on your diet because it stays in your system for up to 48 hours after taking a dose. So even if I took it yesterday and today want to "cheat" and eat a big juicy burger without taking an Alli, I'll still be stuck in the bathroom for the rest of the day for digesting to much fat since Alli is still circulating in my body. You can buy a 60 ct kit for about $39 (I bought mine at Walmart) and it even comes with a few little booklets on dieting, calorie counting, portion control, etc.

Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

"If you're eating "big juicy cheeseburgers" daily three times a day then you're in a different boat :-)."

Obviously not.

However, some people have issues controlling these "urges" and this could be a beneficial tool for them. There are all different diets out there, to each his own.
    SW:225 (1/5/2011, started diet/workout)
    CW:218 (1/18/2011, started Phen)
    CW:216 (1/24/2011, lost 3 1/2 inches total)
    CW:214 (1/31/2011)
    CW:211 (2/7/2011)
    CW:206 (2/14/2011, lost 8 1/4 inches total)
    GW:150
    56 lbs to go!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Of course I was joking. I do LOVE burgers and just had Five Guys last night . My excuse is that I got stuck in traffic! But for the most part, I now make my burgers at home with leaner meat on my $20 charcoal grill. When I started dieting a few months ago, I bought a $20 charcoal grill on sale (the best $20 I ever spent) and used to go out and buy huge volumes of burgers, boneless chicken , etc, and spend a few hours grilling and then into the freezer you go. (My neighbor called it the "megagrill day.") Its surprizing how good this stuff can taste even after some time in the freezer.

But every now and then a Friendlys or a JR Steakhouse...

I was on Alli for several months as I was dieting prior to starting Phen. I bought my Alli from amazon where you can get 120 capsules for about 45 bucks or so (I still have some left over). It made some difference for me but not too much. But that's because I tried to stay at less than 15g of fat per meal in order to avoid the embarrassing side effects (which happened with me a few times). So I wasn't eating that much fat to begin with.

A

Quote Originally Posted by rmpeters85 View Post
    "If you're eating "big juicy cheeseburgers" daily three times a day then you're in a different boat :-)."

Obviously not.

However, some people have issues controlling these "urges" and this could be a beneficial tool for them. There are all different diets out there, to each his own.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by feebee130 View Post
    I bought the cherry juice today. If it works I will let you know. I wonder why phen is so constipating, even when I go I don't really seem to go if you know what I mean... that may be TMI, sorry
    If you still wondering as to WHY people get consto, is because phen dries you out big time. That's why they push the, "drink water while on this medication" saying. So imagine all the water being pulled from your colon and there's your result, lol.

I'm so sorry you guys are having troubles, I'mma try this salt water flush, ew I can gag just thinking about it, but for me it'd be worth it.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Do you have any adverse effects from the Benefiber? (um...gas?) I have IBS and have a problem with bloating/gas with certain fiberous foods. I have been on phen for almost 3 weeks and am now having a problem with constipation. I started taking Citrucel on Monday, but no luck. I think I may have to resort to magnesium since that always does the trick for me.

Photos
    View albums

I personally do not have any problems with Benefiber but as we all know everyone reacts differently. I have been taking about 4 or 5 tablespoons a day 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM. Good luck to you finding something that works.
    Stay Strong,

Stephen

Phen start date-8/28/09

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Benefiber doesn't work for me either, then again, I have more of a IBS kinda system them a normal one. It actually makes me feel worse.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

These are all great tips! Not TMI, no worries, i think the vast majority of us have been there or are currently there (bashfully raises hand...)
    MY 2008 STATS
    SW: 170, 11/1/07
    158, 11/14/07
    141, 12/27/07
    135, 1/22/08 I MADE GOAL!!!! YIPEE!
    131, 4/4/08 MAINTAINING!
    LOW WEIGHT: 127!
    STARTING OVER AGAIN AFTER 2 BABIES
    181, 3/1/13

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesushi View Post
    Benefiber doesn't work for me either, then again, I have more of a IBS kinda system them a normal one. It actually makes me feel worse.
    That is what I am afraid of - it will have the opposite effect. I started taking Citrucel on Monday and it has just made matters worse (and I have been drinking over 100 oz of water). I finally took 1000 mg. magnesium last night and it worked like it always does. Have you found any type of fiber that works for you?

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Fiber? Nope. Fiber supplements. no no no.

Fruits and Veggies help, but not tremendously. I wouldn't take advice from me though, because I have had problems all my life. My mom said I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 3 years old, that was back in the 80s, and I think my mom is self diagnosing me. Can a 3 year old get IBS? I haven't been to the gastro doctor yet, but I plan too. I've been putting it off for years.

I can tell you the only thing that did work for me. I went to an herblist, and she suggested digestive enzymes and probotics. That worked in the past, I just didn't stick with it. I reordered my vitamins and started Monday, ever since then, ...... everyday. yep. I think I just have some kind of digestive problem.

When I need moves though, I either do senna tea, or stimulative laxes, even though I HATE them.