Close
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amberlight

Thread: How I lost 20 pounds in a month with phen. . .

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default How I lost 20 pounds in a month with phen. . .

Hello my new Phrends and Family! I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all a little about myself.

I am 23 years old, and have been through a gambit of dramatics in the past few years. We all have our struggles with weight. I've just always been a bigger girl. I can pinpoint the moment I felt fat. I was in green shorts and green t-shirt in second grade and realized I had a bump under my belly button, and none of the other girls did. These pants reflected that clearly in the mirror in front of me. However, I never had any real trouble with my self esteem until I was thirteen, my grandfather, being the old fashioned man he is, was not afraid to say what was on his mind. We were talking about biblical times and how women were not accepted in anything but skirts. I asked him "Papaw, if I lived in the bible days what would they say about my clothes?" Papaw, being brash said "Well they look like little fat girl's clothes to me." And kind of chuckled.
    This was a decade ago, and I'm still fighting that comment. I went home that night and spent the entire summer working out and starving. It got me in a size ten when I got to freshman year of high school, but it didn't take long for me to begin a two year relationship and get "comfortable" again. By the time I graduated I was back up to a size 18. Shortly after high school I had my gall bladder our, and broke my ankle in the same three months. When it came time for my brother's wedding in 2007 I was a hefty size 24 and I couldn't believe the scale read 244 pounds. I didn't think I looked that big.
    I was heartbroken when the pictures came back. I was the biggest girl in all of the photos, once again in "Little Fat Girls Clothes." What plagued me was I never ate more than my friends. I usually only at one meal a day and I worked two jobs and went to school since I was sixteen. I have used Phentermine in the past, about two years ago to shed 30 pounds, but like most people I met a financial slump after a breif marriage and divorce. I was working two jobs and going to school still, and working on losing weight again after the divorce (he was an angry, cheating man) so I decided to drop some more pounds. I made it down to a size 18 when I met Matt last summer, but I was still far too heavy to like what I saw. He loved me no less, in spite of telling me he had "never been with a curvy girl".
    2010 was the most difficult year yet. Matt moved in with me, we both started working as billing and coding clerks, his MS caused him to not get the job(it was a trucking company we were doing the billing for, so they viewed him as a risk) and I did. He was then unemployed, all while taking care of his sick and dying father. In October Matt's father passed, but he was able to pick up a job at my old place of employment at an answering service. His fathers death sent him into a small relapse that kept him on a cane for a couple of weeks. He is only 25 (been diagnosed since 18). When he fell trying to walk up the driveway (in the snow and ice) to get the vehicle that had to pick him up to work (for just three hours, they barely give him any hours, when they do they are 9 p to 12 a or very early weekend mornings.) He was becoming very upset and ugly with me after his long days and was relapsing out of the frustrations in his body and his mind. I told him to quit, and just focus on school while we fought for his disability case and I'd handle the finances. My sister the experience another extreme episode shortly after with her bipolar and schizophrenia. (Her fourth since her two - year old son was born.) She nearly died in a car accident.
    After all of this turmoil seemed to simmer down I decided the stress had to go. I wasn't taking care of myself at all, but worried to death and taking care of all those around me. Seeing Matt's dad fight so hard to live was difficult, and heart breaking. My sister's son does not have his real father in his life and my parents are raising him. I finally decided to do something about my weight once and for all after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and extreme anxiety disorder by my family doctor. I started Phen on the sixth of December, a very bad month to start such a thing yes. I had holidays, and about six birthdays, including my own coming up.
    I decided I would not, under any circumstance let this change my ways. I started the phen, and a week later ordered the now famous HCG drops. In conjuction with the phen, and hcg I've dropped 23 pounds at this point. They drops do require a strict diet. Trust me the first week of it was torture it seemed. But then, amazingly the third or fourth day got much easier, especially as the scale kept falling. I don't follow calories as much as I do carbs. I do eat regularly, every 3 or four hours. I take my phen first thing when I get up and my drops after each meal, equating to 30 drops a day. I am nearly out of what is known as "phase one" (About two weeks to go) before I transition into phase two when I can exercise. I really thought the drop were a truck and honest crock until I tried them for myself. With phen I was lost three pounds in my first week, but then once I cut out the carbs and made the decision that food is only meant for nourishment I just changed. Even at Christmas, new years and my own birthday I didn't have a single carb.
    Now, after the first week I did some reading and found that one day a week you can big a "bad meal" something to sort of shock your body and confuse it. Last week I had pizza, this week the same (it's my favorite). Although I'm always very scared to do this, I do it to satisfy that part of me that just loves pizza and not feel deprived entirely of all the things my pallet enjoys. However, I've learned to make some incredible meals with less than a gram of carbohydrates in it. Trust me, I know the horror stories of the "putting it right back on" when losing weight so rapidly but I've lost the same 20 pound four or five times by now. It's time to change for good. No more going back. I think my mistake was I didn't have a scale at home. My only idea was in my clothes. I just recently saw those photos from July on my sister in law's face book and got so sad. I couldn't believe I'd done such a thing, let my body get so out of hand.
    I see Matt struggle with something he didn't ask for or do to himself every day. He has no choice but accept the way his body is and to use the meds that don't cure, but lessen the symptoms. That grandfather of mine recently had a tripple bypass, and I love him just the same and always will. The family seems to be doing better, and I just want to make the most out of my health, my body so that I can be a good woman for Matt. He needs someone to take care of him and to help him along every step of navigating through the different stages and ups and downs of his illness. Since he left the answering service and just concentrates on school he is in much better shape and thrilled with my weight loss. I am in a loose and comfy size fourteen now, but I'm more than ready to see a 14. I have only two weeks left of the hcg drops and then i can begin to work out. This is the parts I am most excited for. I see my doctor the first Monday of every month, so I am being closely monitored.
    The worst side effects I have experienced was just weakness in my arms into the first three days of the change and adjusting to the changes. I was also working extra long hours at the office so it could have very well have attributed to it.
    I know this is a long story, but I am a testimonial that stress is the major cause of weight gain (well one of them.) I gained 20 pounds just from March to December! I had high blood pressure and all of those things. I went from four xanax a day to 1, and only take my bp meds if it gets high. I've not had to at all in the last month.
    Prior to this my eating habits were at least 12 diet cokes a day, lots of cigarettes (a pack a day) and only eating once a day (once I got home) and too many cappuccinos (an extra large caramel vanilla cap from dun kin donuts).
    I follow Dr Simeons diet closely, but I stay more on the Atkins side. Though they are similar the Dr. Simeons diet doesn't allow for any sort of dairy. And all of us women know how important dairy is! If you don't get some form of dairy, your bones will take the calcium from other places leading to major complications. With severe arthritis already in my family and heart disease I want to steer clear. I want to make beautiful children and marry this beautiful man one day, but first I'm going to let my spiritual relationship with God grow, and my fat index shrink. It's not going to be easy. It never has been. Until now. Something in my mind just "switched" and I went from looking forward to eating and my diet cokes to drinking nothing but water and devouring veggies and grilled shrimp like it was cake! haha : ) Thank you for listening, and please, introduce yourself tell me your stories. I'm excited to meet you all!
    PinkFeather likes this.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster michiganfarmmom's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

WOW!! You are doing great! I did not lose 20 lbs my first month, nor do I use Hcg, but I have lost quite a bit using Phen, a strick VLC diet and shakes and protein bars. I've lost 40+ pound since August (9 or so of that before phen) and have 10-15 more to go. I used to be quite active on this forum, but with the holidays & tax season starting (we own an H&R Block Franchise), I just don't have the time like I did before. I enjoyed reading your story! Good luck to you. You will do GREAT!
    Start Weight = 198.6 (9/21/10)
    =188.6 (10/21/10)...Down 10 lbs
    =180.2 (11/18/10)...Down 8.4 lbs
    =172.4 (12/21/10)...Down 7.9 lbs
    =166.6 (1/18/11)...Down 5.8
    Total as of 1/18/10...32 lb loss
    Current Weight=166.6 (1/18/11)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

WOW! I was just looking through you results here and you have lost your weight really quickly! I am so impressed with how quickly it seemed to have disappeared. Makes me wish I had taken control so much sooner! I understand that the holidays and tax season can get rough! Do you find your stress levels affecting your diet a lot? You are a pretty woman and super tiny. I can't wait to see my weight loss ticker go beyond the goal. That's so amazing! I am super inspired by you and I hope to make it further than my ticker just like you!

Photos
    View albums

Aww...Thanks!! Encouraging people encourages me!! It's kind of funny...I have been thinking about changing my ticker goal but, just the other day decided not to. My original goal was to weigh 180, then I changed it to 175 and was gonna change it again to 159, but decided that I like to see it beyond my goal Thanks for the "tiny" compliment! I have NEVER considered myself tiny, and really still don't. I hate the lower half of my body! I have huge thighs & calves--UGH, but have a smaller waist. I am wearing a size 12 (except a 14 in most jeans), but could probably get into a 10 if it weren't for my thunder thighs & calves! That is my biggest issue!! I am now a "runner"! HAHAHA...that is actually funny to say! I started out with the Couch to 5 K (C25K) program and have pretty much kept it up. I can jog at a slow pace (4-4.5mph w/1-2 incline) for a half hour w/o dying now! I couldn't even do that when I was smaller in High School. Ok...I'd love to chat more and get to know you, but I must get ready for work.

Photos
    View albums

I think you are doing an awesome job and can't wait to see you change you are all ready pretty now, the weight is going to melt off with your hard work and determination!! Keep it up!!! Lets do this together!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey ladies! I agree, it's important to have a partner of accountability. We can't do this alone. That's why we have the boards. It's great to have support at home but there's no one that can relate to another BBB that another! : ) It's so sweet of you to call me pretty! So what's your story vnmorras? What got you interested in phen and the boards? You have a goal weight that's really close to my own! I have a bit further to go, but I think sometimes we need to set mini goals. So, what kind of mini goal do you have for yourself? I think my mini goals reflect about fifteen pounds a month. I'm so ready to workout, but I still like a couple of more weeks of phase 1, which doesn't allow much more than a light walk in the phase. My building I work in is huge and it's winding just getting from the parking lot to the office It's gotten easier as the weight comes off of course, but the ladies (in order to get fresh air) always go outside and walk for the breaks to get out of our chairs. It helps, to keep from pain and soreness from sitting for eight plus hours, but I still can't wait to really hit the cardio. It's a hard battle, but we've got to be grateful that we have good doctors, and good medicine in the world. We've got to be thankful for the phen boards, and the wonders of what you can find online to help. So I see you've already dropped thrithy pounds, that's amazing!! How long have you been going at it and what are your own diet tips for others?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Hey michiganfarmmom! So what is it that you do for a living? I know that you might be seeing some snow right now! What kind of troubles does the winter bring on for you? It's easier for us to get out in the spring and walk around, and get into stuff, but it's harder when we're covered with snow and below freezing temperatures. If you don't have workout equipment in home to use as back up what do you do about the gym? How about the TOM weight changes? I can't believe you're a fourteen you don't look it at all! They pic you looks like a 10 for sure! I'd way rather have weight in my behind and thighs than my gut! The gut fat is the dangerous stuff! But I'm excited to know that each pound counts, and you're living proof! The ticker is a great statement, and a true proof that if we work really hard we can surprise our selves and go above and beyond the normal. It's so much fun the part of the Phen boards! I am not online but about once an evening, but today is an exception because they ice and and no salt supply for the town has us all stuck on the backroads and in the county. Do you find it harder or easier to maintain your diet on work vs off days? What do you do to fight the temptation to eat badly when you're in a hurry? It's got to be quite a challange being a working mom! I couldn't imagine working and mother hood simultanously. You are wonder woman!

Photos
    View albums

HA!! Wonderwoman...that's funny!! I only work part-time...well, most of the time I only work part-time. I am a substitute teacher in our local (very small) elementary school. I don't sub at any other school. They keep me pretty busy when I want to be. We also own an H&R Block franchise. I don't do tax returns, but during tax season I do all our payroll stuff & manage the office as well as a bunch of other things. So, during tax season I usually sub 2 days a week and work at the office 3 days a week (but if I don't get called to sub, then I just go to the office). We do have some snow right now. I started the C25K program outside. I did the first 8 of 9 weeks outside...then it just got way too cold and it hurt my lungs to run in the cold. My hubby bought me a treadmill for an early christmas present as well as a "congrats" for sticking with the C25K program. I LOVE my treadmill!! I use it everyday (mostly). I also have a stationary bike that I use too. I find it much, much easier to stay on my program when I am working. I tend to want to munch when I am home. I have a hard time with temptations and it seems to be getting worse lately! I have been doing well at the office because all the tax pro's that work for us haven't seen me since last April, so they were so shocked to see me and keep telling me how good I look...that it true motivation for me! When people notice and they tell you how great you look...it makes me want to keep it up! I also love when my hubby compliments me. He's not real good at compliments, but lately...he has really noticed and voiced how different my body is. The other day, he wrapped his arms around me to hug me and said "Oh, my gosh...you are so small and boney--I can feel your ribs!" That was a huge compliment from him! I weighed about 165 when we started dating 14 years ago, but quickly gained weight due to him liking to eat out. I was about 175 when we got married, so he really hasn't seen me this small in a LONG time. Well...I feel like I am rambling on and on and on! I think it's because I am tired! So, I am heading to bed! It sure has been nice "getting to know you".

Photos
    View albums

Default amberlight!

Well my story is I gained 50 lbs with my first baby then got preggers 4 months after having her and put on more weight, Then sat around on my lazy but for 4 years LOL! I did try things but I was just never really motivated. Then last April my husband got a new job and is out of the country for eight weeks at a time. I said ok he is gone no distractions I'm going to do this. In college and high school I was very active and fit, nevery very skinny but in shape. I joined the Y and started taking group exercise classes again. I really like Zumba!! I also do a variety of classes like step, spinning, body design etc.. I have to do the classes or I will give up and go home. At 30lbs my body just said hey your fine now I'm not going down any further than I got discouraged and my addiction to food slowly started working its way back in and I couldn't say NO!!! So, I told me self ok, I'm going to go and make sure all my blood work is ok and good to a weight loss doctor I need an extra boost. So many people think that taking pills to help you lose weight to so wrong. Well I think if it can help me break the cycle of of mental abuse I give myself then it is worth it. I don't know if it is going to last but for the 7 days I have been on it I don't have to long to eat something I shouldn't and then feel guilty that I did! I can't wait for you to be able to exercise you will be sore and tired but after awhile you will feel like a million bucks!!!
    HW 220 (after second child)
    April 2010 209 (Started weight loss journey)
    SW 188 (Start on Phen 1/5/11)
    CW 165