Close
    Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Smile After Phenermine, how hard is it to keep the weight off?

I have been taking Phentermine for 8 months now and this is my last month. I have lost a total of 76lbs and dropped ten pants sizes. I exercise my butt off and eat under 1200 calories a day. I have read the horror stories on here and Facebook about gaining it all back and I have some people in my life that are dead set I will gain it back. I had lost 53 lbs all on my own three years ago and unfortunately,I got pregnant and then miscarried and gained it all back plus more. This time is different and I am going to try super hard to keep it off. I did this for myself this time and have really realized some things about eating habits and have changed them. I want to prove everyone wrong who are so on me about all of this. I just would really like to know about your personal accounts with losing it and keeping it off. I hear once you come off you can be extremely tired and you get a huge appetite for a while. Is this true? and if so, how long does it take before it goes away? I want to know what I need to be prepared to deal with. My doctor is very supportive and tells me not to worry that I will be able to maintain the weight loss as long as I keep up with the exercising and eating healthy. Thank you so much for any information you can give me.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Camerilla, I don't know about after phentermine but I do know that you shouldn't listen to the naw sayers. I would think if you keep regular foods in your diet while losing weight then you won't have a problem. I would just stick to my 1200-1500 calorie diet for life and continue to excise. And Congratulations on your weight loss! It took you eight months to loss the weight?

Full Body Picture (4/30/11)

CONSISTENCY =DEDICATION=HABIT= A NEW HEALTHIER ME & LIFE… I WELCOME THE CHALLENGE TO A CONSISTENT DEDICATED HABIT FORMING BETTER ME!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Yes, it took me eight months. Do you think it should have took less time? Thanks for the Congrats. It just seems like a few women I know are on me all the time telling me how, I shouldn't give away my bigger clothes and I am more than likely going to gain it all back. I gave the clothes away because I do not want an excuse to even think about gaining it back. Thanks for replying. =)

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You're very encouraging to me! I'm currently at 287 approximately where you started from and I can see an end. I don't know how long it should take but my doctor is only given me phentermine for 3 months so, I have to make the complete best of it. But, I'm thinking about finding a weight loss clinic that will continue prescribing me phentermine after my doctor stops prescribing. As for the clothes, once I loss weight... I'm giving everything away too... don't want it... I will enjoy myself purchasing new clothes from regular stores.

CONSISTENCY =DEDICATION=HABIT= A NEW HEALTHIER ME & LIFE… I WELCOME THE CHALLENGE TO A CONSISTENT DEDICATED HABIT FORMING BETTER ME!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

It was an AMAZING feeling to shop in Catos and be able to buy clothes from the "Skinny Side" as me and my sister call it. =P I was by myself that day and I was so giddy and smiling, the ladies there must have thought I was crazy...lol When I first started to lose weight, A few months in I could feel my bones on my back and sides. To most people this is going to sound completely ridiculous, but it excited me. I told my husband who laughed at me over it but to tell you the truth, it almost made me cry. I have always had an up and down weight since high school. The doctor that has prescibed my Phenetermine is my OBGYN. I have some medical problems that really need to to lose weight to help clear up. I take the Phentermine, plus some vitamins and b-12 (in the pill form) being a must for me to increase my energy, and a pill to block an over abundabce of a male hormone I have caused by PCOS. I am very scared about coming off the medication but my doctor reassures me constantly that all will be fine. You will do wonderfully with those three months. Make the best out of it. Load yourself up with exercise and really focus on your eating habits. Choose healthier. I have a weakness for Sweets but those 100 caloreis snack packs can really hit my sweet tooth and solve my problem. A good website for calorie counting is www.calorie-count.com. It has fast food and all other foods there so you can check what you are eating. Here is a good website for figuring out your ideal weight and other things about calories burned with exercising. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculat...healthy-weight Hope that this may help you out. But also, It is pretty hard to go through this all on your own. Trust me on this. I have alot of negative people around and unfortunately I did this all on my own and with no one to talk to. If you don't have someone, remember I am awlays here if you need someone to "talk you down"...lol I say food is like an addiction, like any addiction from drugs to alcohol and sometimes you need someone to help and Everyone can beat it. My email address is carmellaw2006@yahoo.com if you need a friend. This goes for anyone who needs someone. Wishing you best of Luck, but you're not going to need it cause You Already Know You Can Do It!!!

Photos
    View albums

heyy. unfortunatley i am one of the horror stories, but honestly, what i have learned is that it isn't the phen withdrawl, it's pretty much mental. after i got off the phen, i was weighing 156, which was still 20lbs more than my goal weight. my doctor told me absolutley no way he would prescribe more, and i lost faith after that. although people around me were saying how i was so "thin" and beautiful, inside i felt like #?*! and yeah...i became a victim of sexual harassment at work, to a newly appointed owner, began getting attention for the wrong reasons & feeling like crap. so, i started eating badly again....i figured since i hadn't eaten bread in so long, pizzas, cookies, cakes, i was long overdue. well - needless to say, things started getting tight, i began feeling depressed, embarassed & utterly disgusted with myself. i lost my hours at work because i would not sleep with a partial owner (i was off the books at this time), had to pick up another job to make up for hours lost, all while going to graduate school full time to get my masters. well, august, i got my masters, with a 4.0. while working two jobs. i proved to myself i can do it...but, lost sight of my physical appearance and health. my best advice to you is to keep doing what your doing. don't lose what you have worked so hard for. keep yourself motivated & keep your supporters close. i lost myself along the way, hun. and im kicking myself for it now. last november i weighed 167, and yesterday, i weighed 206. the disappointment is killing me...but, i'm smarter now & have better goals than just to look good naked. i hope to find support here once again, while supporting others like yourself. take care!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Honey, I am sorry you have had such a disturbing experience. I too have experienced some sexual harrasment since I have been losing the weight. You have accomplished though so much with getting your masters. You should be super proud of yourself. Not only have you accomplished working two job , I would bet you are a strong woman who is starting to take control of her life again and that also should make you proud. I was never able to go to college when I was younger because I had to work during highschool and went to full time after and then got myself married...lol Harder times make you a better person. Since you have realized that your eating habits were poor, you should be able to make healthier choices this time around. If you just get your mind set and get exercise in every chance that comes possible you should ba able to lose the weight. I will never look good naked myself, but thats not what I am shooting for. I am shooting for health. I felt so awful all the time and I wanted to die. Let me get rid of this negativity right now...lol You can do it and if you ever need anyone for support I am here. =)

Silver Phenster
    Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Ladies....thank you for sharing your stories. I've been up and down too and I absolutely hate that I'm back to this weight. It honestly is a reflection of the soul work I hadn't done the last times I lost weight. I change the body but the mind didn't follow, it didn't know how and I was no help. This time, I'm working on my body, mind and soul.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

@Heather, that is so great! Thats where I'm at... I'm currently 37 and on December 2 I will turn 38... I just told myself I want to be the best me that includes, personality, health and appearance. I'm determined to go into my 40s in now 2 years the best I can be!

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the support! I know that this time around, it has to be different. I am trying to (in this process) become more self-confident. Now that I am done with school, and am 24 with a Masters degree - it's time to show MYSELF what I am capable of doing.

Mind, Body & Soul....that is a great way of putting it.

It's time to become confident in myself & comfortable with the person I am on the inside, while at the same time striving for the Ultimate Goal. Which is to be happy with myself, in all aspects. I know I am up for a challange in this matter, however, it is one I am willing to take. I'm already feeling better, knowing that I can relate to and go through the same emotions as many people on here.

Being sexually harassed at work was a traumatic experience for me. Especially since the person is a partial owner. It was more a "control" and "superiority" thing for him I guess, and I being intimidated never put my foot down because I was scared of losing my job. However, it came around to bite me in the you know what later on, because he told my boss lies about me being on the phone during work hours, being rude to customers & "riding the clock". So, my hours were cut anyway, and I couldn't file any charges because I was off the books (just my luck). I think it was also that I was letting things get to me...and I need to stop doing that. I know that this is going to be a challange...to shift from being depressed, frustrated & completley unhappy, to being a confident and as strong on the outside as I am on the inside.

Blog Entries
    Photos
    View albums

Your results are awesome!

Photos
    View albums

Well I think a lot of people eat too little on phen and expect not to have as much of an appetite since they feel thier stomachs are smaller. Someone suggested to eat as much as you would on phen, which would def. not be a wise idea. Look up what your caloric intake needs to be while maintaining weight. it should be in the 2000 calorie range. I would suggest starting to ween yourself off of phen and start eating more healthy calories. This way you arent coming off all at once and are overwhelmed by hunger. You also have to eat more and therefore know what healthy foods you want to eat more of. A lot of people were used to eating so little then when they raised their caloric intakes had no clue what other foods to eat, so they start eating unhealthy again for the sheer fact they are hungry and want something now. I have been there and done that, I got pregnant and gained all my weight back and more. I realized I didnt eat enough, so this time around I make sure to eat at least 1200-1800 calories a day and I am not doing anything I cant stick to later on in life. I dont go to the gym 2 hours a day and am not on a diet that denies me anything I like. I choose healthy meals from scratch and know what to eat when I am not at home or at a resturaunt. I exercise when I have the time to. I am also learning how to deal with what life throws at me, because lets face it, life happens, people die, we have to move, we have children etc. We have to plan on what were going to do if something like these things happen, and I lot of keeping weight loss off is planning as well as learning the tricks that keep us happy. For example water and protein keep us full. Protein gives us energy. Staying active gives us energy etc. Hope this helps
    2/02/14 - Started phen again 285 lbs
    4/4 - 271 -14 lbs

Diamond phenster, active poster 2008-10. Hlost 45 lbs, 100 lbs, and need to lose 80 lbs this time. I have had 2 beautiful boys. 7/24/10+8/30/14. Working momma trying to get my body and mind back to a good health!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I'm also a "horror story", but the first time I was on Phen I didn't change anything about my lifestyle. I still didn't exercise and I still ate like ****. I lost most of the weight I wanted to, but I just gained it back in a few months.