Close
    Photos
    View albums

Default How much energy does Phen give you?

Are all of you also following a diet plan from your doctor. I started with a weight loss clinic 6 weeks ago. My doctor perscribed me diethylproplin and I am not happy with it. I am also doing B12 shots, but since I am so tired from the diethylproplin I have not noticed any energy difference. The first day I took the diethlyproplin I took a 3 hour nap and I am falling asleep on the couch by 9:00. My body just feels very heavy and sluggish and I have not motivation. I was looking forward to having a lot of energy to keep me moving after I get home from work everyday. My weight loss so far is very dissapointing. I only lost 4 pounds and I have already gained back 3 of those 4 and I am still following the stricted diet and walking as much as I can get in every day.

How much energy does Phen give? Right now I feel I had more energy before taking the meds. I am calling my doctor and changing my appointment from next Friday to this Friday as I don't see the point in taking this medication any longer when I am not seeing any results.

Thanks!
    Robyn

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Phen doesn't give me a bouncing of the wall type energy, but it does give me more energy that I noticed I'm not exhausted by evening. I no nothing about the drug you're taking, I can only say that I'm very thankful for Phen. It has helped me with reducing my food intake and make me feel full to stop the junk food cravings.

Be warned though that Phen makes you very thirsty. I drink a minimum of 120oz of water a day. Most times it's around 150oz. I also drink 24 oz of diet pepsi a day. I need to stop this, but my pop intake has significantly decreased. Phen also can cause constipation.

Good Luck.
    10/19/11 SW: 282.8
    10/26: 277.8 - 1st day
    1st goal: 250 2nd goal: 220 3rd goal: 199 - never remember being in the 1's.
    GW: 180 Overweight since 6th grade, first time I remember weighing myself (255), I was a junior in high school.

Photos
    View albums

Post i know how you feel..

i was looking forward to having more energy too! BUT i work full time at a doctors office, have a part time job that i do in the evenings, anddd im a full time student. that being said, by the time 10:00pm rolls around, im exhausted! i was hoping this would change, but it hasnt. i do, however, feel a burst of energy during the day that i enjoy. so it is much easier for me to get through the day without feeling sluggish and tired, that part i do like =]
    Start weight: 201
    Current weight: 188
    Goal weight: 140

Photos
    View albums

The first few days I was moving around like crazy. I really couldnt sit still and was very productive. lol. Now it depends...Sometimes I'm ok, others im very tired and need to sleep. I think that depends on my food consumption. On days that I eat a lot less, I have a lot less energy.
    These are suppose to make you eat less, maybe a drastic drop in your caloric intake is causing you to be sluggish?

Cant wait for my after pictures!

Photos
    View albums

I have gotten 0 energy from phen from day 1! I was worried that it was me or it was fake but then realized its different for everyone! So every now and then I take a energy shot as needed when I need a boost of get up and go!

Photos
    View albums

I was given diethylproplin first by my doctor, but by the third day I was at the point of killing my other half!!! I was ssooooo depressed any crying all the time and had no energy at all so i never took it after the first 3 days. When I went back to the clinic he said that "it does that to people quite alot but thought I would try you on that first!"

He then prescribed Phen and it has been amazing!! I have had a little sleeplessness and have been having trouble going to the loo but apart from that its been brilliant, I dont get the rush of energy like some people but the appitite suppressant part works wonders, ive also been a little more mellow than normal lol.

Stick with it and you will see results.....promise!

Good Luck and Keep Smiling x

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbnfat View Post
    I have gotten 0 energy from phen from day 1! I was worried that it was me or it was fake but then realized its different for everyone! So every now and then I take a energy shot as needed when I need a boost of get up and go!
    Ok...just dont abuse the energy shots. Phen is not recommended with caffeine because some people do get heart palpitations.
    Have you been taking vitamins? Maybe a B12 sublingual every day would help you? I had 0 energy before the pills and it turns out that my vitamin D levels were horribly low.
    Try different things out before you put more potent things in your body.
    Good Luck!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by peebeenjay27 View Post
    Ok...just dont abuse the energy shots. Phen is not recommended with caffeine because some people do get heart palpitations.
    Have you been taking vitamins? Maybe a B12 sublingual every day would help you? I had 0 energy before the pills and it turns out that my vitamin D levels were horribly low.
    Try different things out before you put more potent things in your body.
    Good Luck!
    Energy shots such as 5 hour energy are caffeine and sugar free. The energy you receive is from different B vitamins, nicacin and other herbs.

I used to live on energy shots but since I've gotten on phen and drinking lots of water I don't need them anymore. Amazing how a diet and lifestyle change can make such a difference.
    10/19/11 SW: 282.8
    10/26: 277.8 - 1st day
    1st goal: 250 2nd goal: 220 3rd goal: 199 - never remember being in the 1's.
    GW: 180 Overweight since 6th grade, first time I remember weighing myself (255), I was a junior in high school.

Photos
    View albums

Yeah the energy shots that I take are staker 2s and they are caffeine free and loaded with vit bs, niacin, and most important 0 calories! I wouldnt take them otherwise! I have also taken them to my doctor to get his opinion on them and he said they were ok!
    Last edited by tiredofbnfat; July 28th, 2010 at 11:05 AM.

Photos
    View albums

OK great! Just making sure you're safe.

Silver Phenster battleofthebulge's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by robyn46 View Post
    Are all of you also following a diet plan from your doctor. I started with a weight loss clinic 6 weeks ago. My doctor perscribed me diethylproplin and I am not happy with it. I am also doing B12 shots, but since I am so tired from the diethylproplin I have not noticed any energy difference. The first day I took the diethlyproplin I took a 3 hour nap and I am falling asleep on the couch by 9:00. My body just feels very heavy and sluggish and I have not motivation. I was looking forward to having a lot of energy to keep me moving after I get home from work everyday. My weight loss so far is very dissapointing. I only lost 4 pounds and I have already gained back 3 of those 4 and I am still following the stricted diet and walking as much as I can get in every day.

How much energy does Phen give? Right now I feel I had more energy before taking the meds. I am calling my doctor and changing my appointment from next Friday to this Friday as I don't see the point in taking this medication any longer when I am not seeing any results.

Thanks!
    Robyn
    My doc put me on diethylproplin when I was on a phen break last time I was on phen. As I remember it I didnít have any side effects but I didnít have any increased energy either. It was as if I was taking nothing. I could take the pill and go back to bed. Had a hard time staying awake at work.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by battleofthebulge View Post
    My doc put me on diethylproplin when I was on a phen break last time I was on phen. As I remember it I didnít have any side effects but I didnít have any increased energy either. It was as if I was taking nothing. I could take the pill and go back to bed. Had a hard time staying awake at work.
    Yes, I can relate to feeling like you want to fall asleep at work on this stuff. I am noticing a pattern. Since I am to take this 3 times a day, I seem to hit this point between 2/1/2 to 3 hours after taking it where I my body feels very heavy and I am so sleepy I have to get up and walk away from my desk. I have already nodded off at my desk a couple of times. Then, about 4 hours after taking the pill and it's effectiveness wears off I notice I am feeling back to my normal self, but it is time to take another pill.

I have rescheduled my appointment for Tomorrow afternoon so I don't have to wait another week to change this medication.

I have been reading that you can not take Phen for more than a few weeks, yet I have read some forums where people have been using it for 3 to 6 months. How long have most of you been on it?

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting some energy and watching my scale move in the correct direction.

Robyn