Close

Thread: Green Tea---

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

i wasn't experiencing what i thought i would with my weight loss (and no, i don't think the pill will do all the work, i'm very very active and count calories strictly). one of my friends on phen told me to drink green tea instead of coffee and it will make me pee more (water weight loss). However, I was on another phen board with a guy that works in a pharmacy and he said that my problem is that green tea makes the phen pass through my system faster therefore being less effective. I have only been on it two weeks and in addition to drinking my 64oz of water, i drank these two weeks for the first time/and on phen two 16oz tumblers of hot green tea in the morning. I have read posts on how people are taking green tea extract? was just wondering if all that was fluff or any truth to it? it sure woudl explain why i wasn't experiencing what i thought i should weight/sideffect wise....

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I'm not sure about it passing faster but I recently started drinking green tea and I do notice I pee tons more than just drinking regular water. It's almost as if there is a diaretic extract in the green tea. However, I hope other users of green tea will answer your questions as I would like to know also.
    SW: 220 (started phen 06/01/07)
    CW: 199.5 (09/24/07)

Mini GW by 10/15/07: 190
    Target Goal weight: 140-160 by 12/02/07 (sister's wedding)

Photos
    View albums

hmmm, I didn't know that! Sorry I am no help either. I almost bought the pills, but I like drinking the tea so I stuck to that. I don't even really drink it that often. I do pee a lot more when I drink it too! I wanted to bump this up because I know there is someone out there that takes the pills! lol
    Brenda

SW 175 on 2-8-05
    CW 170 on 2-15-05
    cw 163 on 3-15-05
    cw 160 on 4-15-05
    CW 155 on 5-15-05
    GW 110

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I was currius about green tea also. SO I found a great web site. This is basically the info.
    the leaves are unfermented so it has more antioxidants than any other tea. It nutralizes free radicals in your body.( which help with the aging process, helps fight off just about any cancers but dosen't prevent it.
    treats gas , bleeding problems if put directly on a cut it will stop the bleeding.
    Promotes digestion.
    it is good for mental health.
    It boosts metabolism which helps burn fat.
    It promotes urination.

Sounds like it is a great tea to drink.

hope that helps maybe I will try drinking it.
    kt

Photos
    View albums

WOW! I need to try the green tea. I always pee a lot even with the regular tea, lol, so what would it hurt?

Measurements:
    Bust - Was 42" ~ Now 36"
    Waist - Was 39" ~ Now 27"
    Hips - Was 46" ~ Now 38"

See my critters:

Photos
    View albums

I drink Lipton Green tea w/honey every morning at work and I guess I've never paid attention to my bathroom schedule since I drink so much water too...hmmm...

I do love it though, a lot better than drinking black tea that brings me up and then makes me crash so hard I get a headache. Green tea is very soothing I think and still has a little kick to it - enough for me anyway

Give it a try....more than once if you dont like it from the get go!!
    *♥)
    .♥ .*♥) .♥*)
    (. ( ;.♥' Jodi ♥

Heaviest 239 (1999)
    SW - 217 10/23/04
    CW - 209 11/10/05
    CW - 200 2/15/06
    CW - 199.5 4/22/06 (my 30th b-day)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Well thats just it, my friend told me to drink a lot of green tea since i was giving up coffee. I started taking Phen and drinking green tea the same day. I noticed that my weight loss wasn't as fast as my friends (yes other factors apply i'm aware of that) but then i did some research and yes green tea is the BOMB when it comes to how many great things it does for you, but this person on one of the other websites said that it makes the meidcine you take go through your system faster...hence phen isn't working as effectively as it should since i was chugging the green tea.
    Thats my problem for two weeks i chugged green tea while on phen. i've stopped as of two days ago to test it out and see if i lose more weight again. I'll let ya'll know, but yes it is a very good diaretic and will help you pee a lot.

Photos
    View albums

Green tea is also pretty good as an iced tea. Just brew it the regular way and then pour it over a glass full of ice.
    HW: 212
    CW:156
    August 26 Goal:140
    Long Term Goal:130

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I only drink one eight-ounce cup of green tea a day. I let it steep for about 5 minutes. But I understand that to get the maximum benefits of the green tea's antioxidants you need to have at least 4 cups daily.
    Adina
    31, 5'2", medium frame
    HW: 210#
    SW: 185# (when I started exercising)
    SP: 150# (started phen 6/4/05)
    SP: 142# (stopped phen 7/6/05)
    CW: 137#
    Mini Goal: 136# (sooooo close)

Workout:Run 3X/wk, Walk daily, Bike 2X/wk, Strength Training

Photos
    View albums

I bought some of the Green tea pills before i decided to take phen and they're just sitting in the med. cabinet. I dont like the actual tea so was wondering if it was ok to take them along w/the phen? Anyone know?
    Started Phen 6/18
    First Goal 10% weight- 216

June 18- 247
    July 19- 229.5 Last day of phen until 8/7 (Dr on vacation )
    August 5- 227.5 (Only 2 more days till i get my phen back!)
    August 7- 227 (Down 20lbs) Start Phen tomorrow
    August 11- 225.5
    August 19- 224.5 (TOM)
    August 21- 221.5
    Sept 5- 220

Diamond Phenster buttercupsbabie2's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

DO YOU GUYS DRINK THE GREEN TEA STRAIGHT OR DO YOU PUT MILK OR ANYTHING IN IT? WHAT ABOUT THE GREEN TEA DIET OF COARSE FROM ARIZONA?
    Weigh In 15th Of Each Month:
    Starting Weight:246 AGAIN

MONTH 1: -11 (235)
    MONTH 2: -6 (229) -17

JOURNEY:
    The bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you refuse to take the turn.

Photos
    View albums

In the book "Turning off the Hunger Switch Naturally" the doctor recommends (for my profile) drinking green tea (or pills) twice a day with Ephedra. Since I'm taking Phen instead of Ephedra, you'd think it would be okay. I've been drinking one cup in the morning and stopping the coffee with hazelnut cream. I tried the Lipton Green tea this morning. I have the Salada Green tea at home and seemed to get more of a kick from the Salada. I'll have to see if I think the Phen is weaker due to the tea.
    Bec
    179.5 CW 1/12/10 (re-starting Phen)
    171 2/3/10
    159.5 5/5/10
    150=GW

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I am taking the diet green tea. it is called 3Ballerina and i got it from the asain store. it is okay as far as taste, but it makes you go like...whoa!!! i wonder if it flushes it out of your system?? I havent been on the phen for like 2weeks now, but i have noticed weight loss.

rebecca

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

BUMP...WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANYTHING NEW TO ADD. I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT ADDING GRENN TEA TO MY DIET TO HELP SPEED THE WEIGHT LOSS BUT I DONT WANT IT TO BE COUNTER ACTING WITH THE PHEN.. ANYONE USE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME??? THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I'll have to get me some! I'm not on phen so i don't have to worry about that!!
    I've NEVER had green tea.
    For some odd reason i think it would taste like Smooth Move. (a tea that takes care of constipation)
    I don't know why i'd think that??
    I think i'll try it cold- just like i make my regular iced tea.

Photos
    View albums

I love green tea. But my absolute favorite is Herbalife's herbal concentrate. It is powdered form so you just pour some in hot or cold water and drink. No tea bags to brew

I get sooooo much energy from it.

My friend used to sell Herbalife but not anymore. She and I both still buy it on ebay. We can't live without it. We joke about it all the time and call it our "crack" LOL!! We don't know what we'll do if they ever stop making it, we've never found anything else that compares. You can buy it in Original, Lemon, Peach and Raspberry flavors.

It's may seem kinda pricey but you only use a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon in 8 oz of liquid. So a bottle lasts a "long" time.

Diamond Phenster buttercupsbabie2's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

OK LADIES,,

WHEN USING HOT GREEN TEA DO YOU PUT MILK AND SWEETNER IN IT?

I TOTALLY HAVE DONE THE GREEN TEA (LIKE SUN TEA) I BOIL THE WATER THEN PUT A WHOLE BUNCH OF GREEN TEA BAGS IN THE WATER! THEN I JUST PUT IT IN THE FRIG IN AN TUPPERWARE CONTAINER AND DRINK WHEN I WANT BUT I ADD A SWEET AND LOW TO IT! I LIKE IT! I USE THE LIPTON ONE!
    Weigh In 15th Of Each Month:
    Starting Weight:246 AGAIN

MONTH 1: -11 (235)
    MONTH 2: -6 (229) -17

JOURNEY:
    The bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you refuse to take the turn.