Close

Thread: MEDS IN MEXICO

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums
    does anyone purchase their phen in Mexico? If so what is it called . A long ago I bought some weightloss meds called "IFA REDUCCING*S-12" (12MG) down in mexico, is this phentermine?
    Then recently I went down there and asked for more weightloss pills and they gave me something called "DEXFENFLURAMINE CHLORLYDRATE" (FLEXOMERIDE* 15MG) I asked for REDUX thinking that I would be purchasing Phentermine, anyone know what I purchased? Was it phentermine??

HELP HELP
    Dawn Freeman

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Dawn ,

dexfenfluramine is NOT phentermine. Dexfenfluramine was pulled off the US market (and most of the world markets) in 1997 due to many reports of heart valve disease. Its brand names depending on markets were Redux, Isomeride, Isolipan,..

You may refer to the FDA site for information about the withdrawal of Dexfenfluramine : http://www.fda.gov/cder/news/phen/fenphenpr81597.htm

Kind regards
    Jipi

Chocolate-a-holic
    Photos
    View albums

Since Phentermine is legal in the states, I would suggest you purchase it in the states. There are reasons why meds are pulled off the market.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Dexfenfluramine is a close relative of fenfluramine, the "fen" portion of phen-fen, which was also taken off the US market in '97 because of widely puclicized heart valve problems. As Jipi said, dexfenfluramine was also taken off due to these same heart valve problems.
    I would definitely not take it due to these serious risks.
    Take care,

Lisa
    SW: 175
    CW: 166
    GW: 140

me last summer...gained some weight since then

my dog gobbles

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

thanks for the info about "DEXFENFLURAMINE CHLORLYDRATE" what about the "IFA REDUCCING *S-12" is this phentermine?
    I did a goole search for this and thats how I found this website.
    Dawn Freeman

Photos
    View albums

I just got back from Mexico, I asked about phentermine and they told me that I needed a perscription for phen and that you couldn't just buy it in the pharmacy w/o being under a doctor's care. I was told this in about 5 pharmacies so I do not think what you purchased was phen. I would be very careful about knowing what you are purchasing while in Mexico. I have bought some perscription drugs there, but I make sure that its the right thing first because of all the health concerns. -Megan
    "Tomorrow is Another Day!"
    -Scarlett O'Hara, Gone with the Wind

A year from now, you'll wish you'd started today!!

-Dec. 1st, 2004-Started Phen
    -Nov. 29th, 2005-Started Release

Here I go again!

Gold Phenster coco-pebbles-aholic's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I ordered phen from Mexico last yr but it was called something like Diesban.It was cheap and with noone shipping to Florida(now I have found a USA 1 that does)my choices were limited.Then when I called back to refill it was not in service,the website not avail,so I had to face the fact of researching it online.ANd I saw pictures where they confiscate the pills that come into the US from Mexico and the bin was full after a few hours.So I decided that me & Mexico pills were done!I wondered what could happen that it would open & shut shop so quickly???

Photos
    View albums

Originally posted by megchrisl:
    I just got back from Mexico, I asked about phentermine and they told me that I needed a perscription for phen and that you couldn't just buy it in the pharmacy w/o being under a doctor's care. I was told this in about 5 pharmacies so I do not think what you purchased was phen. I would be very careful about knowing what you are purchasing while in Mexico. I have bought some perscription drugs there, but I make sure that its the right thing first because of all the health concerns. -Megan
    Wow, I thought you could buy anything without a prescription down there! Have they changed their laws or is it just certain drugs that they keep a tighter rein on?
    nanekitoo :-D

Re-incarnated Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

nah.... you're supposed to ask them where you can get a script then they send you to their friend (the "Doc") down the street... costs about $30 for El Doctor and the last time I got pills they were $35 for 30... you're better off doing it online.

Gold Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I agree with GrannieJudi. I can't post the web site, but did you ask for fentermina? When I was in Mexico, all I did was ask...

Cyndia

Re-incarnated Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I made my husband go get it for me one time when he was down south (Tucson, I think) and I had to stay home... he just KNEW he was going to jail when he was crossing back over, hehehe..... but they didn't even hardly talk to him in customs. He said I was on my own after that I was just in Tiajuana a few weeks ago and didn't get any, I was so busy shopping for pottery that I forgot all about it :thinking:

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

I go down there once a month and getting meds across is really easy. I dont buy any of the hard stuff though just diabetes and high blood pressure meds for my mother, This is the only way she can afford to get them.
    Thanks for all the replies!!
    Dawn Freeman