Close
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums
    I know this sounds very strange, but does anyone ever have a hard time breathing when using Phen? It is almost like my lungs fill up with junk. I have a hard time breathing and then I get a hacking cough. I tried playing with phen to see if that is the problem and after a day or so of not taking it the cough goes away. Strange huh???? Does any one else have this problem?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Try cutting it in half for a few days.
    Take only half and make sure you are drinking your water and eating.Your body has to get use to it!
    Welcome and goodluck

starting weight august of 2007 ,250
    cw:185 pounds
    goal weight: 150
    No longer on phentermine since august of 2007.

Photos
    View albums

Kara,

I may have done the same thing my first few days. I just thought I had a little virus and took decongestants and cough syrup til it stopped. It could have been the Phen with me too, but then again, it could have been a virus, like I thought.

Hopefully you'll get it figured out pretty soon so you can get a good start on it.
    Have a great day!

Trent

Before

3/16/2006

Start Date: November 12, 2005
    Mini-goals (300 and 235)
    Ultimate Goal (190)

Platinum Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Yep I get the same thing. Sometimes I'm gasping for air. It's like somethings blocking the air flow. I also cough alot and hack nasty stuff up especially in the mornings. This usually happens when I first start taking it. Goes away if I continue to take it. To get air, I make myself yawn, which is wierd, but it opens the passage way for me to get a breath in. Its strange

BTW, I tried taking it every other day to see if it would stop but it seemed to make it worse. Your body just has to get used to it I think.
    *Christina*

Jan 2005- 205 lbs
    Jan 2006- 122 lbs
    March 2006- 139 lbs
    May 2006- 125 lbs
    June 2006- 140 lbs
    *Need to control weight*
    "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
    ~Wayne Dyer

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

that happens to me. i dont know what happened to me, but i sort of grew into my breathing problems. i get that too. sometimes it is so bad at night that i have to have a breathing treatment. its not bad like i have pneumonia or something, but it is uncomfortable to me.
    just wait and it will stop.

rebecca

Photos
    View albums

Hey!!
    Go to the doctor! I had 'walking pneumonia' for two weeks before I knew it, and you're symptoms sound just like it! I wound up taking 3 rounds of antibiotics because my lungs were so infected/inflamed. The s ucky part is, you don't really feel sick other than a really horrible cough. It may not be the phen. The blood vessels in your lungs may just be getting aggrevated enough on the phen to show the symptoms more clearly. Hope you are okay and can catch your breath soon!
    your friend in Phen - gemmyrose
    started phen 8/23/05
    My darling doggie, Bogie

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

hey guys thanks. I now know I am not dreaming these things up. I have been off Phen for a week now and the symptoms are gone. Now that I know it will go away as my body adjusts I can go back on. Thanksgiving did a number on my toosh!!!! Thanks again.

Photos
    View albums

Welcome and good luck!!! I have asthma and Phen messes with my breathing sometimes.