Close
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Question

I have lost 18 pounds so far, but I am having trouble. I have noticed that I have dimples in the back of my legs above my knee. I cant seem to lose in that area. Any suggestions?? Also , I have a little flab where my triceps are supposed to be lol.. I started out at 175 lbs now I am down to 157 (WOOHOO) Help me out please!!!!!!!!
    147 as of 08-29

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

alot of water and walking will do the trick in no time. I have some problems in that area too, but ALWAYS get rid of the problem with the water and walking.

Congrats on your success thus far!! I bet you look and feel great.

Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    midriff (small of waist) 32.5"
    waist (at bellybutton) 35.25"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Photos
    View albums

I had leg dimples, I worked out and they were gone. Even when my weight came back they didn't. Good Luck

IF YOU ALWAYS FAIL AT EVERYTHING YOU TRY, NEVER GO SKI DIVING!

Photos
    View albums

scriptgurl
    I was just reading an article in one of my magazines, it says:

Butchers broom, which is a herb, is suppose to help somewhat in this area too. To give skin a smoother appearance. This lady takes 450mg a day two weeks before she hits the beach in the summers. Supposedly why it works: Cellulite is a result of metabolic waste products (toxins) and fluids that get trapped in cells due to poor circulation. Research at the University of Siena in Italy shows that taking a daily dose of butchers broom increases circulation to help flush dimple-causing waste, especially in the lower body regions where cellulte tends to form. The benefit comes from ruscogenins and neuroscogenins, steroidlike compounds that reduce inflammation and tone blood vessels. They recommend Solaray Butchers Broom 440mg, $5 for 100 capsules.

Theres another article relating to cellulite too.
    One says cranberries are the single best cellulite-fighting food. Nutrition researchers say that they are the richest source of bioflavonois, antioxidants proven to destroy tissue-damaging free radicals and reinforce the cells that make up blood vessel walls. In the Fat Flush Plan book t says that the result is significantly enhanced circulation. Said to be so powerful that one 8oz glass or pure cranberry juice per day will diminish dimples in as little as 3 weeks.

Also coffee grounds works well, immediate but temporary. Massage warm brewed grounds on dimply area and wrap in plastic wrap for 10 min. It helps loosen and flush the trapped fat in cells, while the caffeines diuretic properties shrink surface skin cells for a tight smooth look. Lasts for 12 hours.

I firmly believe that all you need is water and exercise, but wanted to pass along what Ive read.
    Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Photos
    View albums

Besides a good diet and plenty of water, and exercise. I have been using the new L'oreal Sublime Anti-cellulite cream and it is working!

My stomach is getting much smoother and so are the backs of my legs. Now the effects will prob stop if I stop using it, but during the summer, I think I am willing to keep it up.

It's not that costly $13 a 6.5 oz tube, which is pretty big. Comes in Day and night, you can use both or just the day, but you put them on 2 times a day, with a certain rubbing technique.

They work like the coffee grounds, caffiene

My-3-sons, thanks for your post, I didn't know that about cranberries, I'll have to try that too

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

hey, i dont know how true this is...but a friend of mine told me that you can use preperationH.(i know i spelled it wrong). but she said that it is for hemmroids, but it shrinks them. she said that you can put it on the part of your body that you want to shrink (stomach,butt,arms..etc) and she said to wrap it in saran wrap..like really tight and it will shrink if you keep doing it.

now im not one to be around here looking like a roll of saran wrap, but i may give it a try. since im home all day and no one will see me..i will try it.

i dont know..but hey..why not.

rebecca

The Happy Phenster SoftSucculentQueenie's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

you can't get rid of those. no plastic surgeon has been able to get rid of those, either. it's genetic. thin women have them and so do overweight women. make peace with your dimples! lol!
    mrs. viggo mortensen
    mrs. jason lewis
    mrs. david beckham
    mrs. christian bale
    mrs. ville valo
    mrs. matthew mcconaughey
    ~currently very polyandrous. lol!

The Happy Phenster SoftSucculentQueenie's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

article from *****:

Getting Rid of Cellulite

Is there anything a woman can do to get rid of her cellulite?

By Michele Bloomquist
    ***** Feature Reviewed By Michael Smith, MD
    on Wednesday, April 23, 2003

"It started out on my upper thighs ... now it's creeping down to my knees!" says Maria Johnston (not her real name), a spunky, athletic, 43-year-old from Miami, Fla. "How much lower is it going to go? To my ankles?"

Maria is not talking about her hair, or her hemline. She's talking about cellulite, that bumpy, orange-peel-like fat bemoaned by women everywhere.

While it might look like an alien life-form burrowing beneath your skin, cellulite is simply normal fat. It looks bumpy because it's pushing through the connective tissues that usually keep it distributed evenly beneath your skin. The total amount of fat in your body, your age, and your genetic predisposition (blame your parents!) all combine to determine if you'll be saddled with cellulite or not.

While it's impossible to know just how many women are driven batty by cellulite, John Morgan, MD, a dermatologist in Columbia, S.C., estimates that about 85% of women have some cellulite. It is a surprisingly equal opportunity annoyance, appearing on thin and heavy women alike.

Maria has spent more than $5,000 trying to get rid of her cellulite, with varying results. She exercises twice a week with a personal trainer and eats a low-fat diet. Still, she's wary. "I see women who are younger than me, in better shape than me, who work out harder than I do, and they still have cellulite," Maria laments.

She's not wise to quit, though. "Everyone wants an instant fix, a magic pill. There just isn't one," says Morgan. "But diet and exercise remain your best bet. Be patient: It can take at least six months of hard work to see any improvement." Be sure to add resistance training to your routine; stronger muscles underneath your fat deposits can help smooth out the area overall. Still, even with good diet and exercise, some cellulite may remain. "At some point you have to accept that you have done all you can," says Morgan.

Smooth It On, Smooth It Out: Cellulite Creams

Lotions and potions have also yielded little satisfaction for Maria. A few years ago, she spent more than $1,200 on a series of spa treatments that claimed to reduce her cellulite. She saw no improvement. "They had all these big promises about getting rid of cellulite completely, but it didn't work at all!"

Plenty of women are looking for a quick fix in a jar. Over the last few years, a handful of cellulite creams have stormed the market. Pseudo-scientific infomercials flood TV screens nationwide touting a dramatic reduction in the appearance of cellulite by increasing blood flow to the affected areas.

Do they work? Not if you ask Alan Kling, MD, a clinical assistant professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York.

"Cellulite creams are pure hype," says the dermatologic surgeon specializing in liposuction surgery. "People need to remember that the beauty industry can make claims based on anecdotal evidence that have no scientific or medical backing whatsoever."

Some research backs Kling's claim. A double-blind study published in the September 1999 issue of the British Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery put the creams to the test. After 12 weeks, only 3 of the 17 women in the study reported even the slightest improvement.

Can You Massage Away Cellulite?

Last year Maria went high-tech in her quest: Endermologie. Again, after 12 weeks of twice-weekly treatments, she saw no noticeable difference in before-and-after photographs. "I couldn't see any change. The office staff said I was imagining it -- but I think they were the ones imagining it!"

During Endermologie, available only at dermatologists' or plastic surgeons' offices, a vacuum-like device deeply massages the areas where there is noticeable cellulite. The technique purports to redistribute the fat under the connective tissues, which will then lead to a smoother, more balanced appearance. It has a qualified endorsement from the Food and Drug Administration, which recognizes it as effective in the temporary reduction of cellulite.

The same British study that evaluated cellulite creams also tested the effects of an Endermologie program that included twice-weekly treatments for 12 weeks. While one third of the women in the study felt that their cellulite had improved, before-and-after photographs showed only small objective improvements.

Cellasene: A Miracle Pill?

Many drugstores stock the prepackaged, over-the-counter pill Cellasene. So far, Maria has resisted it. "I don't like the idea of taking pills," she says. "Besides, a friend of mine tried it and it didn't work."

Cellasene, which contains a mixture of herbs such as ginkgo biloba, sweet clover, and grape-seed oil, as well as non-herbal ingredients, claims to improve capillary circulation, inhibit collagen breakdown (which helps keeps skin firm and elastic), and support healthy connective tissue, thereby reducing the appearance of cellulite.

Too good to be true? When British researchers evaluated Cellasene in a November 1999 study in the Journal of Psychotherapy Research, their results were lukewarm. In the study, one group of women took Cellasene and one group took a placebo pill for two months. There was no noticeable improvement in the cellulite in either group. In addition, some doctors caution that the high level of iodine in the pills can lead to thyroid problems.

The Operating Room: Plastic Surgery

A final cellulite treatment option (and one that Maria will not likely resort to) is the most controversial: plastic surgery, in the form of liposuction. While some physicians claim that liposuction can reduce cellulite, it's best suited to remove "deep" fat, not fat that is close to the skin. "If cellulite improves as a result of the liposuction, I tell patients to view it simply as a bonus," says David Amron, MD, a dermatologic surgeon in Beverly Hills, Calif. In fact, trying to remove fat that is quite close to the skin can lead to unsatisfactory results, such as dimples and depressions. In the end, Kling and Amron conclude that liposuction is simply not an effective treatment for cellulite.

Maria's Quest Continues

So Maria soldiers onward, at (almost) any cost. She is currently midway through a 15-week massage and paraffin-wax cellulite treatment regimen. "So far, I haven't seen any results. But I'm going to give it a few more sessions," she says hopefully. She's crossing her fingers that, at $90 per treatment, this will be the technique that finally works.

Originally published April 10, 2000.

Medically updated April 22, 2003.
    mrs. viggo mortensen
    mrs. jason lewis
    mrs. david beckham
    mrs. christian bale
    mrs. ville valo
    mrs. matthew mcconaughey
    ~currently very polyandrous. lol!

Photos
    View albums

you can get rid of them, im proof of that lol.

Hereditary yes, but you can get rid of it, atleast I have and so have many others.
    Currently, June 1st

145!
    thighs 21"
    calves 14"
    biceps 11.5"
    hip 39.5"
    bust 39"

Photos
    View albums

Youcandoit has some suggestions I'll try!
    Preparation H, wrap your body in seran wrap
    I'd have to wrap my entire bod! I'll look like
    a medicated sausage or worse... lol

Cranberry Juice is good for the complexion, bladder infections, circulation; I wonder if steaming cranberries or putting some in the bath would help the dimples.

Not much help; sorry.
    Phen 1/31/05
    [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]

Photos
    View albums

SSQ,
    thanks for all that info! Shirley Temple, dimples are cute. My thunderthighs, not.

My3sons,
    If you say it is true, we can dump the dimps, I'll give it a try! Thanks.

Jas. exercise, you say! Smiling (with dimples)when you say that? I'll let you know in 6 mos. if it works. I am doubtful, but we'll see!

Thanks for the post,
    Phen 1/31/05

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

LOL..you and me both will be looking like a big old sausage dog!!

Photos
    View albums

When we're finished and lookin' good, we'll be "hot dogs". lol.
    Phen 1/31/05

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Try some squats & lunges. They helped minimize my sister's, so I've been doing them & my legs look better and more toned....still got some work to do , but it's a start!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

cuinthemoon- how long have you been using cream. I started yesterday. Hope it makes a little difference on me.

I'm also drinking tons of water, working out, doing squats (will have to do lunges too).

I guess I won't really know exactly what did the trick if they do go away. I guess I won't really care.

Also going to order butchers broom. Such a cool name, huh?

Photos
    View albums

I started 8 days ago, I took before pictues so hopefully I will be able to compare. My stretch marks are definetly getting smaller ad so is my stomach roll

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for all the information, I forgot about the preparation H and saran wrap. I ve been told about that one.. I havent tried it yet though.. Unfortunately, dimples run in the family... So do "thunder-thights" and "Whale-Tales", I dont have the thighs, but I do have the butt! <---- And I hate it.. That is another thing Ive gotta at to the list of things to inprove..lol Im losing the weight, now I have to tone everything up... We'll see what happens.

I am going to try an post some before/after pics...of the weightloss; not the *dimples* lol I hated the camera as it always made me look 3 times bigger than what I thought I looked.. But I am sure I can find a few of the *fat* ones. I havent taken any since losing some weight but alot of people have noticed a difference. I have had alot of comments about losing weight here lately... *\o/* < woohoo >
    147 as of 08-29

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Sooooo jealous of all of the pics I see with lots of improvement.... Can't wait until I look as good as you guys do!!!
    147 as of 08-29